PDA

View Full Version : RJ can still be sparked

ulosturedge
02-15-2010, 10:06 PM
I saw a little glimmer of hope for RJ in that Nuggets game. I dunno if anyone else felt the same thing, but those back to back possessions when he made the three then made the two on an inside post move really made me think there is something left in RJ, we just have to get it out of him. Then that play where Manu took it all the way when he had RJ on the wing really pissed me off. I really think that would have set RJ off more. He also salvaged a play when he tried to penetrate and dished it off to Blair.

I know a lot of the initial blame can be put on RJ, but honestly this team isn't helping. They need to feed him the ball more on the post and when he is cutting. The problem is everyone sucks at interior passing except Manu. Our team is absolutely terrible at setting guys up. We don't even have a real point guard FFS. My point is this team needs to keep figuring out what works best for RJ. We are stuck with him and this team has no chance of winning shit without him. It's sink or swim time. Keep feeding him the ball until the old RJ shows up or lose games trying. Trying to work around RJ isn't going to win us a Championship so might as well go down trying to work him in.

Marcus Bryant
02-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Immolation? Why not?

SequSpur
02-15-2010, 10:08 PM
The blame is on Parker, Manu and Duncan.

the rest of the lineup is here to help them. when are you guys going to realize this and stfu?

It's pointless to hope for shit when the big 3 suck balls.

EricB
02-15-2010, 10:08 PM
I think about 60% of RJ's not fitting in is on Pop and not carving out more offensive plays for him.

But theres only so many possessions and shots you can give a guy...

ducks
02-15-2010, 10:09 PM
dude not has have to worry about mason and his replacement
since he will traded for a pick that will stay overseas forever

ElNono
02-15-2010, 10:11 PM
I just hope that the rumors of the FO actively pursuing a trade to ship him out doesn't do any more mental damage... we'll see when the season resumes...

TIMMYD!
02-15-2010, 10:11 PM
That Denver game should be the average mark for RJ.

ulosturedge
02-15-2010, 10:13 PM
You have to believe! Everyone project positive thoughts like "Get RJ the ball" and then "Go hard to the hole fucker!". I'm telling you this shit is gonna work lol.

And no, no one is going to take his contract off our hands so um yeah..lol

ShoogarBear
02-15-2010, 10:17 PM
I don't think RJ's problems are on the offensive end.

His problem is that he THINKS it's on the offensive end.

His shooting percentages are .451/.354/.696. His career is .468/.353/.777. Except for free throws, not really far off. And really, 12-14 PPG is okay. The Spurs overall offense has never been better. They don't need or even want him to score 18-20 PPG.

But he's so focused on his offense and what he perceives as lack of production, he fails to do all the other hustle stuff that's needed from him, like get a couple of tough rebounds or play tougher defense. If nothing changed on the offensive end but he did those things, the Spurs would have 5-6 more wins and the #2 seed.

SequSpur
02-15-2010, 10:19 PM

His shooting percentages are .451/.354/.696. His career is .468/.353/.777. Except for free throws, not really far off. And really, 12-14 PPG is okay. The Spurs overall offense has never been better. They don't need or even want him to score 18-20 PPG.

But he's so focused on his offense and what he perceives as lack of production, he fails to do all the other hustle stuff that's needed from him, like get a couple of tough rebounds or play tougher defense. If nothing changed on the offensive end but he did those things, the Spurs would have 5-6 more wins and the #2 seed.

shoog...he has no guarantee of court time..he is frickin cold as hell out there...come on..dude deserves a little respect for the game he has...He has bogans and matt bonner getting more shots than him...:lmao

I would be pissed also...RMJ has earned it...

timvp
02-15-2010, 10:20 PM

Basically agree. More rebounding and better defense would go a long, long ways. Offensively, if he just ran the court harder and made crisper decision, he'd be fine on that end.

EricB

Honestly he's been an adequate defender in the past and showed a willingness and talked about that was what was gonna be his role was play good D and hustle and rebound.

Yet, he doesn't do it.

Puzzling.

murpjf88
This is getting old and tiresome. Keep on cheering for Jefferson.

himat
02-15-2010, 10:21 PM
bogans and matt bonner getting more shots than him...:lmao

BS. You're joking right?

SequSpur
02-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Honestly he's been an adequate defender in the past and showed a willingness and talked about that was what was gonna be his role was play good D and hustle and rebound.

Yet, he doesn't do it.

Puzzling.

why should he?

SequSpur
02-15-2010, 10:22 PM
BS. You're joking right?

a few games ago Matt Bonner jacked up 8 threes....:lol

watch a game..

ShoogarBear
02-15-2010, 10:24 PM
shoog...he has no guarantee of court time..he is frickin cold as hell out there...come on..dude deserves a little respect for the game he has...He has bogans and matt bonner getting more shots than him...:lmao

I would be pissed also...RMJ has earned it...

My comment was about Jefferson.

Somehow the RMJ and RJ threads got merged together.

ulosturedge
02-15-2010, 10:26 PM

I can't say that's completely true. Yes, overall we are a pretty deep offensive team, but many times our team loses its identity on the offensive end. Like they are looking for a go-to-guy and they don't know who to go to. Then our team goes into those terrible dry spell at the wrong time on the offensive end. That's where I think it would be nice if RJ could step in. As he was suppose to be that "next option" when the big 3 struggle.

The irony is I think it takes him playing well on the offensive end to be better at the defensive end. That's the only way he finds his confidence and truly gets fired up.

murpjf88
02-15-2010, 10:28 PM

Yet, he doesn't do it.

Puzzling.

Injuries have robbed him of his lateral movement. He can no longer guard quicker and more athletic players. Pop should have recognized this before trading for him and I don't ever recall him being a solid rebounder.

BlackSilver
02-15-2010, 10:45 PM
"RJ can still be sparked."

With what? A 9 volt battery? This shit is done.

EricB
02-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Injuries have robbed him of his lateral movement. He can no longer guard quicker and more athletic players. Pop should have recognized this before trading for him and I don't ever recall him being a solid rebounder.

The trade can never be faulted.

Anyone that says that the FO was stupid for trading in essence Kurt Thomas for Richard Jefferson needs their freaking head examined.

Spurtacus
02-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Here's your spark for RJ.

http://averageguys.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/1213218483.jpg