PDA

View Full Version : Camby to Portland for Outlaw and Blake

bigdog
02-16-2010, 01:15 AM
via Ric Rucher on Twitter.

RicBucher-"Source says Clippers have dealt Marcus Camby for Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake. Details and deeper confirmation to follow on the mothership."

Kobe Molested Me
02-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Nice trade for Portland

PGDynasty24
02-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Very good trade for Portland

lil_penny
02-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Wow it actually happened.. we will miss you trout and blake.

Darthkiller
02-16-2010, 01:21 AM
yeah done deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=4917644

more like a mehhh, portland could have gotten more for 2 exprings than Camby's corpse. They arent gonna win anything this year...

23LeBronJames23
02-16-2010, 01:22 AM
So Aldridge is playing at PF and Camby will start at C?

bigdog
02-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Retarded trade for the Clips.

Lars
02-16-2010, 01:26 AM
Cool, nice little stop gap for Portland this year.

ffadicted
02-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Good trade for Portland imo, very nice job

timvp
02-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Portland must really want to make the playoffs . . .

Kobe Molested Me
02-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Starting line up for Blazers:
Miller
Roy
Webster
Aldridge
Camby

Not bad

timtonymanu
02-16-2010, 01:34 AM
aww Roy's gonna be pissed his favorite PG Blake is gone.

But this is a good trade for the Blazers since Oden and Joel are out.

Camby - LMA - Webster - Roy- Miller
Pendergraph - Howard - Batum - Rudy - Bayless
Dante - Mills

bigdog
02-16-2010, 01:36 AM
I just can't believe that was the entire trade.

lil_penny
02-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Roys favorite teamate off the court was old catfish troutlaw. Id imagine he will be furious over thie trade.

mardigan
02-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Great trade for the Clips.
Outlaw is going to be a nice addition to that team.

DAF86
02-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Portland must really want to make the playoffs . . .

What's wrong about beign the best you can be?

That's why I want the Spurs to make a trade, I know there's 0,00000000000001% chances of winning the championship but I'd rather lose in the 2nd round or WCF than in the 1st round or not even make the playoffs.

timvp
02-16-2010, 01:50 AM
What's wrong about beign the best you can be?

Cue the after school special.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-16-2010, 01:55 AM
Good for the Nuggets and Jazz. :lol

DAF86
02-16-2010, 01:55 AM
Cue the after school special.

I honestly don't get what you're trying to say.

timtonymanu
02-16-2010, 02:01 AM
I honestly don't get what you're trying to say.

how is what he said hard to understand?

DAF86
02-16-2010, 02:05 AM
how is what he said hard to understand?

I understood every word of it, I just don't get his point. Was he pointing out a grammar mistake? or is it a US pop culture reference?

timvp
02-16-2010, 02:06 AM
I understood every word of it, I just don't get his point. Was he pointing out a grammar mistake? or is it a US pop culture reference?

Yeah, it's a US thing. My bad :toast

DAF86
02-16-2010, 02:09 AM
Yeah, it's a US thing. My bad :toast

No problem :toast, I googled it but nothing came up.

duncan228
02-16-2010, 02:10 AM
Sources: Camby upset about trade to Blazers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-cambytrade021510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Marc J. Spears

Los Angeles Clippers center Marcus Camby unknowingly attended his own farewell dinner on Monday night.

The Clippers are on the verge of completing a trade that will send Camby to the Portland Trail Blazers, league sources said, but the veteran center is not happy about the deal. Or the way he learned of it.

The proposed trade, which was first reported by Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski, will send Camby to Portland in exchange for forward Travis Outlaw, guard Steve Blake and cash.

In town in advance of their Tuesday game against the Trail Blazers, the Clippers were having a team dinner at Portland’s Ringside steakhouse Monday night when Camby received a call on his cell phone from Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard. Pritchard informed Camby that he will likely be traded to Portland once the league finalizes the deal on Tuesday.

After taking the call, Camby immediately walked out of the restaurant. A source close to him says he is “very upset” about the trade. He had hoped to re-sign with the Clippers this summer.

“He likes the Clippers, he likes the organization, he likes L.A.,” the source said. “His wife is not happy in L.A. And he’s not one for change. He’s definitely not happy about this.”

Camby isn’t the only one angry.

Said one Clipper: “All the guys are upset because our best defensive player got traded basically for a backup point guard and money.”

Outlaw, 25, played in 11 games this season before breaking his left foot, and the Clippers are unsure when he’ll play again. Blake, 29, is averaging 7.6 points and four assists in 51 games.

The Blazers have been searching for some inside help to deflect the blow of losing centers Greg Oden and Joel Przybilla. Some in the league also believe Pritchard wants to clear the way for Jerryd Bayless to get more time in the backcourt with Andre Miller.

The Clippers, meanwhile, also have been shopping forward Al Thornton, who was meeting with his agent Monday in Portland.

Camby, 35, is averaging seven points and 12 rebounds for the Clippers. He is making $9.1 million this season in the final year of his contract. Just last week, he told Yahoo! Sports he hoped the Clippers wouldn’t trade him.

“It feels good to be a wanted man, but I like it here,” Camby said.

Camby left the restaurant without most of his teammates getting a chance to tell him goodbye. He is not believed to have finished his meal.

Yahoo! Sports NBA columnist Adrian Wojnarowski contributed to this report.

tomtom
02-16-2010, 02:12 AM
The season lives on! At least we have a chance in the playoffs now

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-16-2010, 02:22 AM
The Nuggets got the best years of Camby.

DJ Mbenga
02-16-2010, 02:30 AM
camby is simply scared of the portland curse. he likes walking upright

baseline bum
02-16-2010, 02:58 AM
the knicks got the best years of camby.

fify

baseline bum
02-16-2010, 02:58 AM

:rollin

j.dizzle
02-16-2010, 03:01 AM
Camby bounced out of dinner cuz he was so pissed hahaa damn that shit must be the worst part about being an athlete..You & your family get all settled in a nice town then 5 minutes later your traded to a team in buttfuck egypt with depressing weather. Oh well, they get to retire at 38-40 years old so screw em hahaha

tlongII
02-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Sources: Camby upset about trade to Blazers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-cambytrade021510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Marc J. Spears

Los Angeles Clippers center Marcus Camby unknowingly attended his own farewell dinner on Monday night.

The Clippers are on the verge of completing a trade that will send Camby to the Portland Trail Blazers, league sources said, but the veteran center is not happy about the deal. Or the way he learned of it.

The proposed trade, which was first reported by Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski, will send Camby to Portland in exchange for forward Travis Outlaw, guard Steve Blake and cash.

In town in advance of their Tuesday game against the Trail Blazers, the Clippers were having a team dinner at Portland’s Ringside steakhouse Monday night when Camby received a call on his cell phone from Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard. Pritchard informed Camby that he will likely be traded to Portland once the league finalizes the deal on Tuesday.

After taking the call, Camby immediately walked out of the restaurant. A source close to him says he is “very upset” about the trade. He had hoped to re-sign with the Clippers this summer.

“He likes the Clippers, he likes the organization, he likes L.A.,” the source said. “His wife is not happy in L.A. And he’s not one for change. He’s definitely not happy about this.”

Camby isn’t the only one angry.

Said one Clipper: “All the guys are upset because our best defensive player got traded basically for a backup point guard and money.”

Outlaw, 25, played in 11 games this season before breaking his left foot, and the Clippers are unsure when he’ll play again. Blake, 29, is averaging 7.6 points and four assists in 51 games.

The Blazers have been searching for some inside help to deflect the blow of losing centers Greg Oden and Joel Przybilla. Some in the league also believe Pritchard wants to clear the way for Jerryd Bayless to get more time in the backcourt with Andre Miller.

The Clippers, meanwhile, also have been shopping forward Al Thornton, who was meeting with his agent Monday in Portland.

Camby, 35, is averaging seven points and 12 rebounds for the Clippers. He is making $9.1 million this season in the final year of his contract. Just last week, he told Yahoo! Sports he hoped the Clippers wouldn’t trade him.

“It feels good to be a wanted man, but I like it here,” Camby said.

Camby left the restaurant without most of his teammates getting a chance to tell him goodbye. He is not believed to have finished his meal.

Yahoo! Sports NBA columnist Adrian Wojnarowski contributed to this report.

My buddy owns Ringside! Nice bit of advertising for him! :tu

Muser
02-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Good, now all the Spurs fans can STFU about trading for him.

ffadicted
02-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Camby bounced out of dinner cuz he was so pissed hahaa damn that shit must be the worst part about being an athlete..You & your family get all settled in a nice town then 5 minutes later your traded to a team in buttfuck egypt with depressing weather. Oh well, they get to retire at 38-40 years old so screw em hahaha

True dat, not to mention with millions of dollars in their bank account if they're not retarded :lol

duhoh
02-16-2010, 01:29 PM

hopefully oden doesn't rub off on him

TheMACHINE
02-16-2010, 01:36 PM
great trade for both teams imo

DJ Mbenga
02-16-2010, 01:54 PM
hopefully oden doesn't rub off on him

with the recent photo scandal lets hope its not in more ways than one