PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Will Lose Street Cred If He Leaves Cavs

Koolaid_Man
02-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Man talk about abandoning your own city and town....this cat is Sabre-Rattling nothing more nothing less. He knows the ramifications if he leaves. Loss of all credibility in his own community he and his moms could never go back. He wouldn't be welcomed at all and he'd lose so called "homies" all over Cleveland. If he left he'd be just like Kevin Garnett winning a title in the twighlight of his career. If he stays he may just win one in 3-4 more years once Kobe is officially solely relying on 20 ft fade aways. But until that time he should just stay pat and keep his face saving rep intact...

and while he's losing go ahead and participate in a dunk contest or two it would be a nice consolation prize to go along with his MVP's that he's sure to win.

ohh and fuck you back....:toast

lefty
02-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Lebron has street cred ?

8FOR!3
02-16-2010, 12:02 PM
If LeBron's smart he'll go to New York. Put yourself in his shoes. New York is a LeBron kind of place. They need each other.

Koolaid_Man
02-16-2010, 12:11 PM
If LeBron's smart he'll go to New York. Put yourself in his shoes. New York is a LeBron kind of place. They need each other.

NY is the death or killer blow of all decent players.... I first noticed this with Larry Johnson (Grandma ma) if you remember him... he went soft when he went to NY...and his game steadily declined.
thbUkBW_ftM

other players actually turned into really good players or allstars when they left NY...like Zach Randolph...also Channing Frye is decent...Jamaal crawford is balling...Trevor Ariza was a key piece to a title team...so no NY would be the end of Lebron...it's a cursed city for some reason...look at Dantoni...after Zeke and Marbury left absolutely nothing has changed...If he's smart Lebron would look the other way.

Pelicans78
02-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Larry Johnson's back started going out on him when he was for the Knicks. He had to drop alot of his bulk and alot of his game when he went to the Knicks.

Allan Houston did very well in a Knicks uniform.

Latrell Spreewell played very well for the Knicks.

Don't forget Earl Monroe as well.

Koolaid_Man
02-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Lebron has street cred ?

street cred by virtue of having grown up in poverty....(somewhat) ...Difference is Kobe never grew up in the hood so many people don't respect his game because it came from Italy and not the hood. Many people can't relate to a baller like Kobe who actually owns the Italian Basketball League and speaks fluent Italian and some Spanish. If he rocked Cornrows like A.I or spoke with Southern drawl like a gangasta rapper then people would be down...and save the he ratted Shaq take. Let's examine that for those that don't know what street life / cred really is...

If you read the police transcripts you'd know that Kobe didn't know he was being recorded and given the severity of the situation at hand he was just trying to convince the cops that Athletes sleep with groupies and hoes all the time. Most of us facing 20 to life would say whatever we needed to say as well...we'd do the exact same thing...But since most haters can't see this let's look at it from the worst case scenario angle...

let's say that Kobe was being grimy and wanted to purposely drag Shaq's name into it for no valid reason...if so then in my opinion he's a fucking prophet...because Shaq is slimy as hell....I'd be of the opinion that Shaq deserved it...they say Kobe isn't from the streets, and they don't give him any credit for that... then why do you expect him to live by street code when being questioned by the cops. (and for the record street 'kings' rat all the time in case you didn't know) Just watch The First 48 that will tell you all you need to know...

I know they say hindsight is 20/20 but look at what kind of person Shaq has been exposed as being. Fucking Gilbert Arenas' wife for years (causing the man to question his kids paternity) and starting all the shit he has over the years with other NBA players because of immature jealously, Cursing out Dr. Buss, always arguing with Tex Winter... and the list goes on and on...Shaq deserved every bit of whatever negative comes his way...So in that worse case scenario Kobe was a genius in mentioning Shaq's name...I'm still willing to give Kobe a pass for it....because I viewed it as nothing more than a simple ploy to get the cops off his back. If your mad at Kobe and Tiger for cheating on their wives then be mad at MJ and Shaq for the same offense...So in that sense the Kobe situation in colorado is nothing but a convienent excuse or cover for those hating on his basketball skills. and that's real talk (from the LA side) no matter how you slice it...

resistanze
02-16-2010, 12:57 PM
This guy has to be mentally ill.

JamStone
02-16-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm losing street cred reading and posting in this thread... damn.

I better get my gangsta on and start a hate Kobe thread right now.

Mr Bones
02-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Larry Johnson had already suffered his back injury and had his back surgery before he went to New York... that's the only reason his game changed.