PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Spurs to get Blatche/Young

in2deep
02-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Over the weekend, heard through a friend that Spurs/wizards talking trade? Spurs would give up mason/mahinmi and maybe others for Blatche and Nick Young.

would mason want to go back to wizards? anybody else heard this?

DBMethos
02-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Championship.

TimDunkem
02-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Championship.
Nope.

Duncan2177
02-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Over the weekend, heard through a friend that Spurs/wizards talking trade? Spurs would give up mason/mahinmi and maybe others for Blatche and Nick Young.

Link?

SPURSGOAT
02-16-2010, 02:08 PM
ugh, so many trade rumors flying around on this board...watch, Friday will roll around and the Spurs roster will still be the same...

Mel_13

I'll bite. Is your friend connected to the Wizards? Did he get the info from the Washington media? Or did his info come from a fan message board?

Just asking because it seems unlikely that Washington would be looking to dump young players on cheap contracts.

in2deep
sorry no link. Just wondering if anyone heard anything.

I did verify Blatche/Young are on the market and Mason is from DC so I don't see why he could not return to his hometown in a bigger role.

Wombatzu
02-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Championship.

i don't see how that's much of an upgrade... Blatche isn't exactly a Pop type player so i don't think he'd see the floor much. and Young is pretty one-dimensional...

MaNu4Tres

:meeting:

DBMethos
i don't see how that's much of an upgrade... Blatche isn't exactly a Pop type player so i don't think he'd see the floor much. and Young is pretty one-dimensional...

Sarcasm, my friends. :toast

hater
yes Wizards are having a firesale

yes Blatche would be nice pickup for mason

no this was not threadworthy

hater
02-16-2010, 02:10 PM

Blatche is 6 11 and solid muscle. He also can score at will. How is that not a Pop type player?

Wombatzu
02-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Sarcasm, my friends. :toast

ah... the more desperation builds around the trade deadline, the less my sarcasm meter works...

Mel_13
02-16-2010, 02:11 PM
sorry no link. Just wondering if anyone heard anything.

I did verify Blatche/Young are on the market and Mason is from DC so I don't see why he could not return to his hometown in a bigger role.

Where did you verify that information?

Libri
02-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Just asking because it seems unlikely that Washington would be looking to dump young players on cheap contracts.

Since the Wizards are cutting their payroll, I would think that Jamison would be on the trading block.

Wombatzu
02-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Blatche is 6 11 and solid muscle. He also can score at will. How is that not a Pop type player?

if he could score at will, he'd probably average more than 9 points a game... granted i haven't watched a Wiz game lately, but Blatche has always seemed undisciplined and a poor decision maker to me. supposedly he worked on his game and mindset last off-season, so maybe he is improved.

and i'd say the same thing about Tyrus Thomas... as soon as he did something boneheaded he'd be in Pop's doghouse for the duration.

in2deep
02-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Where did you verify that information?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=15316

Wizards Want to Cut $2.6 Million: Because of the suspensions to Javaris Crittenton and Gilbert Arenas – where the Washington Wizards get to cut half of the amount the duo is owed during suspension from their luxury tax obligations – the team now stands just $2.6 million over the luxury tax line. As a team obviously cutting and not playing well, that has now become the priority (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/13263/wizards-looking-to-move-2-6-million-avoid-luxury-tax) according to Chris Sheridan of ESPN.
Sheridan mentions Mike James' $6.5 million expiring deal as the one they'd like to move with Antawn Jamison, should it happen, so they can take back less dollars due this season. If they get under the luxury tax level, that likely means a roughly $4 million payment coming back to them instead of paying whatever amount (and it would have been significantly higher is Arenas were not suspended).
It's worth noting that's not the only way for the Wizards to cut that money. Crittenton apparently is dead money and cannot be moved (the league said it likely wouldn't approve a Crittenton trade, but would Arenas, not that that will happen), but Fabricio Oberto, Nick Young, Andray Blatche, and JaVale McGee in some combination would also get it done – it's just a matter of how badly they want to save money. McGee is a player they likely want to hold on to, but recent buzz out of Washington has them not all that thrilled about Young or Blatche (who does have two additional seasons on his contract; McGee also has two and Young one on rookie scale contracts).
If the Wizards can't somehow flip Jamison and James (that's $18.1 million) for a contract or contracts totaling $2.6 million less than that, and they desperately want to be under the cap, there are other options, such as flipping one of the cheaper players to a team with cap space.

#2!
02-16-2010, 02:15 PM
If true, this is a pretty weak effort as far as impacting the team. If this is done then the spurs either think RJ is gonna show up for the stretch run and Tony's game will be on a "take over the game" level, or they are packing it in and will just pretend to care from here out....

pretty disappointing if true

Mhak
02-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Garbage thread.. What an insult.. Don't post anything without any proof...

A friend of a friend route.. Garbage!!! close or delete this ish.. What a waste of time..

in2deep
02-16-2010, 02:16 PM
If jamison going to cavs :pctoss this ain't gonna happen

Mel_13
02-16-2010, 02:18 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=15316

Wizards Want to Cut $2.6 Million: Because of the suspensions to Javaris Crittenton and Gilbert Arenas – where the Washington Wizards get to cut half of the amount the duo is owed during suspension from their luxury tax obligations – the team now stands just $2.6 million over the luxury tax line. As a team obviously cutting and not playing well, that has now become the priority (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/13263/wizards-looking-to-move-2-6-million-avoid-luxury-tax) according to Chris Sheridan of ESPN.
Sheridan mentions Mike James' $6.5 million expiring deal as the one they'd like to move with Antawn Jamison, should it happen, so they can take back less dollars due this season. If they get under the luxury tax level, that likely means a roughly $4 million payment coming back to them instead of paying whatever amount (and it would have been significantly higher is Arenas were not suspended).
It's worth noting that's not the only way for the Wizards to cut that money. Crittenton apparently is dead money and cannot be moved (the league said it likely wouldn't approve a Crittenton trade, but would Arenas, not that that will happen), but Fabricio Oberto, Nick Young, Andray Blatche, and JaVale McGee in some combination would also get it done – it's just a matter of how badly they want to save money. McGee is a player they likely want to hold on to, but recent buzz out of Washington has them not all that thrilled about Young or Blatche (who does have two additional seasons on his contract; McGee also has two and Young one on rookie scale contracts).
If the Wizards can't somehow flip Jamison and James (that's $18.1 million) for a contract or contracts totaling $2.6 million less than that, and they desperately want to be under the cap, there are other options, such as flipping one of the cheaper players to a team with cap space.

Old news and doesn't apply to the Spurs. The Spurs don't have the cap space or a trade exception to help get the Wizards under the luxury tax by trading for Blatche and/or Young.

yavozerb
02-16-2010, 02:25 PM

I guess you could call it a rumor since your moma's cousin's brother heard it..This is horrible. :bang

mountainballer
02-16-2010, 02:47 PM
it has been reported (even before the Arenas suspension)that Blatche is on the block for expiring contracts, because Wizards wanted to slim down payroll for 2010 and it likely also has to do with Blatches immature behavior and questionable work ethic.
however, back then it didn't look as if the Wizards would have a chance to get under the threshold. this changed with the Arenas suspension and the big Dallas trade. nonetheless will Blatche be available just for an expiring contract IMO. the Wizards will need to clear the remaining 2.6 million by trading Fab and Singleton or McGuire for TE's by adding the salary and 2nd rounders. this will be possible, because many team hold small TE's.
if the deal is in fact Mason for Blatche and Young, which works by the numbers, they will have reduced the tax number for another million and have cleared another 3.2 million from next years pay roll. not a bad deal finanicially IMO. then they only needed to trade Fab for a TE and they are below the cap. not impossible to do.

Destro
02-16-2010, 02:53 PM
get Oberto back

Blackjack
02-16-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure how much validity there is to this, but it didn't read all that outlandish when I saw the thread -- this isn't something, coming from the Spurs, that would surprise me.

mountainballer makes a good point as it pertains to the financial side, one more thing that gives it some credence, but, please, at least get McGuire thrown in there Spurs . . .

Do it for Blackjack.:hat

rjv
02-16-2010, 03:04 PM
ugh, so many trade rumors flying around on this board...watch, Friday will roll around and the Spurs roster will still be the same...

probably

ChumpDumper
02-16-2010, 03:07 PM
It's actually not a terrible trade if they are facilitating Mason's reported request, just not the kind of game-changer everyone wants.

Blackjack
02-16-2010, 03:12 PM
It's got a somewhat reminiscent feel to the JR Smith trade they had in place a while back -- buy-low, intriguing talent.

Boss
02-16-2010, 03:30 PM
I hate the fact this is just a rumor that we have no idea if there is any reality to it but this would be a great trade for the Spurs.

Getting a talented big man is tough to find along w/ Nick Young who I think would thrive with the Spurs.

This team is not as bad as people here seem to think, adding a couple of role players could improve this team a great deal

Booharv
02-16-2010, 04:02 PM

Funny as hell post. Nice sarcasm. I also liked the part about scoring at will when the guy has a 51.5% true shooting percentage.

Here's two articles from before the beginning of each of the last two seasons that says he's basically lazy, and never in proper shape.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/18/AR2008111803707.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/13/AR2009101303268.html

Also, I defy anyone to find a picture of Blatche where he has even moderate muscular definition, I looked on Google Images for a while and couldn't find one picture that showed even the most fledgling muscular development. He's basically another talented head case who probably won't ever reach his potential, however I'd still trade Mason for him as Mason is nothing more than a glorified version of Craig Hodges.

DaBears
02-16-2010, 04:04 PM
If jamison going to cavs :pctoss this ain't gonna happen

Jamison is not going anywhere, Washington has made it public to the Wizards the nba, that Jamison is not going anywhere...

They want to build around him.... Proof is in the local washington paper... just look it up..

8FOR!3
02-16-2010, 04:04 PM

I think he means off the court. Blatche is trouble. Not to mention, he's not 6'11 and solid muscle. He's just 6'11.

Maddog
02-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Personal life
On the Sunday morning of September 25, 2005, three months after the Wizards selected him with the 49th overall pick in the NBA draft, Blatche was shot in an attempted carjacking that took place near his home in Alexandria, Virginia.[2] A passenger, police said Blatche was ordered out of the car by men who emerged from a van and was shot before he could fully exit.[2] Blatche's mother, Angela Oliver said he was shot once in the chest, but that the bullet did not hit any vital organs.[2] He was released from hospital two days later.[8] As a result of his injuries he missed the Wizards' training camp,[3][9] although he could walk on his own three days after the shooting and one day after being released from the hospital.[9] He appeared in only 29 games as a rookie.

On August 2, 2007, Blatche was charged with sexual solicitation in the Logan Circle neighborhood of Washington, D.C. after allegedly soliciting sex from an undercover police officer. The solicitation charge was dropped after Blatche followed court orders and attended a day-long seminar for men who solicit prostitutes.[3][10]

Blatche was arrested on June 4, 2008, in Virginia on charges of reckless driving and driving on a suspended license for the third time. Blatche was going 86 mph in a 70 mph zone in a Mercedes on Interstate 85. He was released on bond.[11]

Blackjack
02-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Jamison is not going anywhere, Washington has made it public to the Wizards the nba, that Jamison is not going anywhere...

They want to build around him.... Proof is in the local washington paper... just look it up..

Cavs talks with Wash for Antawn Jamison have intensified today, sources say. Cleve needed to relent on some pieces for possible deal there.

10 minutes ago from web

Admidave50
02-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Personal life
On the Sunday morning of September 25, 2005, three months after the Wizards selected him with the 49th overall pick in the NBA draft, Blatche was shot in an attempted carjacking that took place near his home in Alexandria, Virginia.[2] A passenger, police said Blatche was ordered out of the car by men who emerged from a van and was shot before he could fully exit.[2] Blatche's mother, Angela Oliver said he was shot once in the chest, but that the bullet did not hit any vital organs.[2] He was released from hospital two days later.[8] As a result of his injuries he missed the Wizards' training camp,[3][9] although he could walk on his own three days after the shooting and one day after being released from the hospital.[9] He appeared in only 29 games as a rookie.

On August 2, 2007, Blatche was charged with sexual solicitation in the Logan Circle neighborhood of Washington, D.C. after allegedly soliciting sex from an undercover police officer. The solicitation charge was dropped after Blatche followed court orders and attended a day-long seminar for men who solicit prostitutes.[3][10]

Blatche was arrested on June 4, 2008, in Virginia on charges of reckless driving and driving on a suspended license for the third time. Blatche was going 86 mph in a 70 mph zone in a Mercedes on Interstate 85. He was released on bond.[11]

Looks like a total headcase! However, Stephen Jackson wasn't an angel and Dick Jefferson has a very nice personality that matches Spurs organization culture. We all know what hapened, I can't careless about the players behaviour if he gives everything on the court!!

hater
02-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Looks like a total headcase!

total headcase? seriously? because he managed to get shot by carjackers and drives 16miles above the limit??? :lol

all he did wrong is try to get some pussy from a cop :D

Admidave50
02-16-2010, 04:28 PM
total headcase? seriously? because he managed to get shot by carjackers and drives 16miles above the limit??? :lol

all he did wrong is try to get some pussy from a cop :D

Looking for Prostitues and being arrested a 3rd time for expired driving licence it's clearly not your typical Spur or Mr. Nice guy.

But hey, even TP got arrested by the cops in NY.. :lol

DaBears
02-16-2010, 04:39 PM
trade deadline is going to come and go, and when the dust settles and you look at the SPURS roster you would see the same players... Possible exemption might be with Money Mas being shipped to Somewhere over seas, playing for the Transylvania mud ducks..... lol.....

DaBears
02-16-2010, 04:44 PM
I have talked to the guy who knows a guy who works for this other guy who waters the grass at Peter holts house.. And he talks to the guy that Takes out the trash.........

dc_spursfan
02-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Blatche would drive y'all crazy. He plays great for one game and next ten games he make the dumbest plays you will ever see. He's a 6'11 forward who thinks he's a shooting guard.

exstatic
02-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Old news and doesn't apply to the Spurs. The Spurs don't have the cap space or a trade exception to help get the Wizards under the luxury tax by trading for Blatche and/or Young.

The difference in the salaries gets them almost $1M closer to their goal. That ain't nothin'.

ShoogarBear
02-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Blatche would drive y'all crazy. He plays great for one game and next ten games he make the dumbest plays you will ever see. He's a 6'11 forward who thinks he's a shooting guard.

I agree with this. Ty Thomas may have like a 50% chance of developing into something, but Blatche will take you nowhere.

Young is overrated, too. There will always be 20-30 shooters in the league better than him.

Big P
02-16-2010, 08:18 PM
hookers n blow

cbinge
02-16-2010, 09:26 PM
hookers n blow
I'm in...

JustinJDW
02-16-2010, 10:29 PM
ugh, so many trade rumors flying around on this board...watch, Friday will roll around and the Spurs roster will still be the same...Probably.

myhc
02-16-2010, 10:33 PM

Spot on. I've seen tons of Wiz games and Blatche is the king of looking like the 2nd coming of KG for a game or 2 and then disappears for another week. He is in love with the fadeaway. And if I remember correctly, dude got suspended 1 game last month for complaining about lack of playing time.

sananspursfan21
02-16-2010, 10:50 PM

yah, blatche is awesome and i've been saying since middle of last season spurs better find a way to get this guy. he's also good now, better later.

angelbelow
02-16-2010, 10:59 PM
I have my reservations about both, especially their work ethic. They both have great potential but have gone no where, even in washington.

Supergirl
02-16-2010, 11:34 PM
Dice is better than Blatche in the long run, guys.

SouthTexasRancher
02-17-2010, 12:25 AM
I have talked to the guy who knows a guy who works for this other guy who waters the grass at Peter holts house.. And he talks to the guy that Takes out the trash.........

That's the same guy who told me on Monday the Spurs, Lakers and Cavs were involved in a 3 way with the Spurs getting Kobe for Finley and Lebron for Mason. He also gave me the winning Lottery #'s for tomorrow night. :toast

Blackjack
02-17-2010, 12:42 AM
That's the same guy who told me on Monday the Spurs, Lakers and Cavs were involved in a 3 way with the Spurs getting Kobe for Finley and Lebron for Mason. He also gave me the winning Lottery #'s for tomorrow night. :toast

I'm skeptical.

Pentagruel
02-17-2010, 12:48 AM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/7/5/633824049006071090-skepticalhippo.jpg

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Blatche has 31/12 tonight :wow

All the stars have left Washington :lol

ShoogarBear
02-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Blatche has 29/12 tonight :wow

So he's done for the week.

timvp
02-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Since the OP admitted to making up this trade, it's safe to lock.