PDA

View Full Version : Butler and haywood under achieve in first game as MAVS.

SinBAD
02-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Butler went 4/16,and haywood backed up dampier with only 14 min of play.seems like big waste of talent. Haywood would have been better off here being a starting center.Butler will not average more than 15ppg.

MAVS dont scare me.Its hilarious how they thought with this trade, they are up there with the lakers.Please.

Pentagruel
02-16-2010, 10:24 PM
One game decides the success of a game right?

rascal
02-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Butler went 4/16,and haywood backed up dampier with only 14 min of play.seems like big waste of talent. Haywood would have been better off here being a starting center.Butler will not average more than 15ppg.

MAVS dont scare me.Its hilarious how they thought with this trade, they are up there with the lakers.Please.

You Loser.

First game. They will be fine. Great trade for Dallas.

Juanobili
02-16-2010, 10:25 PM

...yeah?

SinBAD
02-16-2010, 10:27 PM
nothing great about the trade if haywood will backup erika.Butler will not average more than what he averaged in washington.trade overhyped and you will see.mark my words.

Pentagruel
02-16-2010, 10:31 PM
He averaged 20pt/6rb/4as in Washington the last 3 seasons in Washington. That isn't to shabby and as for Haywood, he is a nice backup Center to have. Does the trade allow them to compete with the Lakers? I doubt it, but it certainly is a good trade for the Mavs.

ShoogarBear
02-16-2010, 10:33 PM
And if Butler had scored 30 it would have proven once and for all what a great trade it was, right.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-16-2010, 10:35 PM
...yeah?

:lol

45 bank shot
02-16-2010, 10:36 PM
chill out, itz just one game. Remeber the season opener when spurs blew out the hornets?

urunobili
02-16-2010, 10:36 PM
<1000 posts poster thread opening fail...

They'll be VERY tough come playoff time...

SinBAD
02-16-2010, 10:37 PM
foret about career average.butler is declining.look at his season average.16pts.he will average even less in dallas.

overhyped trade.
with our roster right now, we are equal.if we get Thomas or haslem we are better.

Sisk
02-16-2010, 10:37 PM

fail.

remember our first game of the season? i thought we were going to lose 15 games after that great start

let's not get ahead of ourselves

Thompson
02-16-2010, 10:41 PM

Er... yes?

Oh, Juanobili beat me to it.

bigdog
02-16-2010, 10:42 PM
This thread=fail

Yeah, go ahead and decide that this was a horrible trade after one game.

sananspursfan21
02-16-2010, 10:45 PM
ooh, shocker. it's the first game.

alchemist
02-16-2010, 10:51 PM
fail

anonoftheinternets
02-16-2010, 10:51 PM
<1000 posts poster thread opening fail...

They'll be VERY tough come playoff time...

:lol implying post count = quality ....

jimo2305
02-16-2010, 10:55 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/THISGONBGUD.gif

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Let me guess, this thread wouldn't have been started if it wasn't for your insecurity over the failed RJ trade? :lol

ElNono
02-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Paging SpursDynasty... Where's the 'What now Mavs?' thread on the NBA forum?

:lol

TIMMYD!
02-16-2010, 11:00 PM
RJ sucked in his first game with us and look how well he turned out.

Oh, shit. :lol

exstatic
02-16-2010, 11:05 PM
He averaged 20pt/6rb/4as in Washington the last 3 seasons in Washington. That isn't to shabby and as for Haywood, he is a nice backup Center to have. Does the trade allow them to compete with the Lakers? I doubt it, but it certainly is a good trade for the Mavs.

Jefferson averaged 20 last year for MIL. What's your point?

exstatic
02-16-2010, 11:07 PM
:lol implying post count = quality ....

There is a correlation.

dbestpro
02-16-2010, 11:07 PM
There are not enough shots for Butler to average what he did in Washington. Haywood will equally have a tough time sharing minutes with Dampier. Both centers are very much alike and really don't provide Dallas with much of a different look. The time it will take for these guys to adapt may take too long. Haywood needs to play major minutes but Dampier knows the system and is still rebounding good. It is not an easy coaching situation. Obviously, they went to Butler quite a bit in this game, but I would not be surprised if Caron becomes Dallas's RJ.

GabeIsGone
02-16-2010, 11:08 PM
im laughing so hard at this thread right now. you do realize that the only time this team has been together before today's game...was today's shoot around. they haven't had a single practice with the team yet, and your judging?

gospursgojas
02-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Lol... OP is prob 12 yo give him a break

dbestpro
02-16-2010, 11:13 PM
im laughing so hard at this thread right now. you do realize that the only time this team has been together before today's game...was today's shoot around. they haven't had a single practice with the team yet, and your judging?

......and just when will they practice as we head toward the end of the season? The point is that these type of major changes may not allow enough time for them to improve significantly. The lack of practice time, pre season, etc. all can be equated into any judgement. In a strange sort of way you just validated this thread.

8FOR!3
02-16-2010, 11:15 PM

lol, you're going to come in here with 26 posts and talk about practice man?! Practice? Not the game.

dbestpro
02-16-2010, 11:19 PM
On a more interesting note, Dallas now has the same number of loses as the Spurs.

ElNono
I'll take the fact that Dallas now has the same amount of losses than we do...

ElNono
LOL beat me to it... :lol

anonoftheinternets
02-16-2010, 11:21 PM
There is a correlation.

no implies time spent on a forum. Ive seen people rack up 1000s in a surprisingly short time, doesn't mean much.

dbestpro
02-16-2010, 11:21 PM
LOL beat me to it... :lol

By a nano-second, :hat

GabeIsGone
02-16-2010, 11:25 PM
......and just when will they practice as we head toward the end of the season? The point is that these type of major changes may not allow enough time for them to improve significantly. The lack of practice time, pre season, etc. all can be equated into any judgement. In a strange sort of way you just validated this thread.
your really gonna say there not gonna get better in a system that they have only been in a day? like literally a day, they were not allowed to practice monday. they knew nothing, are on a new team in a new city, are most likely exhausted and your not gonna give them even the benefit of the doubt for even a day?

lol, you're going to come in here with 26 posts and talk about practice man?! Practice? Not the game.
Why does post count even matter, im sorry i mostly lurk and am not a spurstalks e-badass. And ya i think practice helps, thats why professional teams do it all the time.

dbestpro
02-16-2010, 11:27 PM
your really gonna say there not gonna get better in a system that they have only been in a day?

I did not say they will not get better. I will say they will not get good enough in the time left.

SinBAD
02-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Lol, I'm not 12.All you guys fail.I was trying to make fans feel better because everyone was depressed after the trade however some of you had good comments. Haywood wont have the impact we expected.thats plain and simple.
Butler as i said before wont get enough shots so wont average over 16ppg.Even some executive which saw the rj trade as a failure from the beginning is with me on this one.trade is good but overhyped and will have a minimal impact.

As for quality of posts=number of posts, thats stupid.I dont post much because i'm not 12 and I have little time.I can post 1000 posts tonight, would that add substance to my posts?

This should be a civilized forum so no need for insults and rude remarks.

Wombatzu
02-16-2010, 11:29 PM
the trade is not as bad as it looks after the first game.

the trade is not as good as most people thought it was when it first went down.

GabeIsGone
02-16-2010, 11:44 PM
I did not say they will not get better. I will say they will not get good enough in the time left.
I think it's to early to tell at this point, both are veterans and will integrate faster than younger players. And the dallas staff is much more likely to give them the opportunity and time to mesh than a team such as ourselves. They hadn't even had a single practice and yet Butler was starting and Haywood had significant time. We saw with Drew Gooden how hard it is for new players to integrate with the spurs late-season, but not all teams are like that.