PDA

View Full Version : Is Kobe playing for the Boston game?

Smooth Criminal
02-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Anybody know definitively?

Killakobe81
02-16-2010, 11:53 PM
Who cares?! It means more to them ...if we beat them without Kobe it would "crush" them ...

picc84
02-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Probably not.

Smooth Criminal
02-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Speculation is not what I need. I said definitively

picc84
02-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Ok let me go get my time machine and travel to the future when anyone has a chance of knowing.

brb goin to the future, anyone need lottery numbers?

duncan228
02-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Looks like we may not know until then.

Kobe misses 4th straight game (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lakers-bryantout&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Kobe Bryant sat out for a fourth straight game for the Los Angeles Lakers, missing Tuesday night’s contest against the Golden State Warriors.

“He checked out of this game, basically,” Lakers coach Phil Jackson said about 90 minutes before tipoff. “He practiced yesterday and was effective, but he didn’t try anything. He didn’t go to the basket, just helped run the team and helped keep things going in the right direction. But this morning, he said he just didn’t feel it and he didn’t have any strength back in the leg to really be explosive. But he didn’t say anything about discomfort at all.”

Bryant’s availability for Thursday night’s rematch with the Boston Celtics also remains in doubt.

“It’s purely up to him,” Jackson said. “When he’s ready to play, we’ll encourage him to play.”

Bryant hasn’t played since Feb. 5, when he aggravated a sprained left ankle. The injury also kept him out of the All-Star Game.

The defending NBA champion Lakers won all three games without Bryant before the break.

The next game he plays will be his 1,000th during the regular season and will make him the youngest player in NBA history to reach that milestone. That record is held by Boston’s Kevin Garnett.

The Lakers did get center Andrew Bynum back in the lineup after he missed two games with a bruised right hip.

ffadicted
02-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Ben Affleck knows

Smooth Criminal
02-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Ok let me go get my time machine and travel to the future when anyone has a chance of knowing.

brb goin to the future, anyone need lottery numbers?

Yes it's impossible that I could have been asking if there was an article stating whether he would play. I wish people weren't so foolish :bang

Chieflion
02-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Just tune in to ESPN. They will tell you.

picc84
02-17-2010, 12:10 AM
You didnt ask for an article fool, you asked if anyone "knows definitively". Guess what? Nobody does. Now I need a time machine just to keep up with your backtracking. :lol

cobbler
02-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Just tune in to ESPN. They will tell you.

...or you since you talk about him several times a day... everyday. :toast

Chieflion
02-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Looks like I have a fan troll.

The Gemini Method
02-17-2010, 12:13 PM
I say sit down for one more game since the Lakers will then be off until Tuesday when they go back to Memphis. That would give him about 2 weeks off the ankle and should be sufficient.

TheMACHINE
02-17-2010, 01:34 PM
i say he sits down for the rest of the year cuz clearly the lakers are better without him. I mean come on...has the Lakers even achieved anything since Kobe has been on the team.

The Gemini Method
02-17-2010, 01:38 PM
i say he sits down for the rest of the year cuz clearly the lakers are better without him. I mean come on...has the Lakers even achieved anything since Kobe has been on the team.

Besides get a thread dedicated to Kobe? Naw...nothing at all, Machine.

Allanon
02-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Anybody know definitively?

Kobe said "right now, it doesn't look like it" in answer to whether or not he's playing the Celtics game.

Mike D
02-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Kobe said he doubts he will be able to play against Boston. "Right now it's a no."

http://twitter.com/LakersReporter