PDA

View Full Version : anyone else have insomnia?

koriwhat
02-17-2010, 06:24 AM
man i hate not being able to sleep but 1-3 hrs a night. this shit has got to stop but it's been this way since i was a kid. wtf! i am dead tired and going delirious from like 6 hrs of sleep in 3 days. shit is draining me.

i had one good week a couple weeks back where i actually was getting 8 hrs a night but some how i fucked that up and am back to my old habits. fuck!

xellos88330
02-17-2010, 07:04 AM
I have always had trouble sleeping. When I do get to sleep it is usually for a while. Pisses my wife off.

I saw on the science channel that light from a tv or computer screen even a candle can make your body still think it is time to be awake. Try to find a way to trick yourself and dim it out as much as possible. I grew up in a large family and can't sleep if it is perfectly quiet and use the tv to watch the same movie every night to put me out. Since I have started putting a blanket over the TV, I fall asleep much faster.

Hope it helps... even if it is a little bit. Mostly it is scheduling. If I need to be up early in the morning for something, I usually pull an all nighter then go to sleep at a normal time 1 week ahead of time.

Soul_Patch
02-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Yes.

took Ambien for a while and that worked, but made me dizzy all the time.

Stopped Ambien, and now occasionally take a 3mg Melatonin before bed, and it works wonders. I have been sleeping great for the past few months.

koriwhat
02-17-2010, 11:32 AM
man my head hurts... got a whopping 2 1/2 hrs of sleep this morning and have been at work now for 1 1/2 hrs. ah zombie mode... brains!

koriwhat
02-17-2010, 11:36 AM
I have always had trouble sleeping. When I do get to sleep it is usually for a while. Pisses my wife off.

I saw on the science channel that light from a tv or computer screen even a candle can make your body still think it is time to be awake. Try to find a way to trick yourself and dim it out as much as possible. I grew up in a large family and can't sleep if it is perfectly quiet and use the tv to watch the same movie every night to put me out. Since I have started putting a blanket over the TV, I fall asleep much faster.

Hope it helps... even if it is a little bit. Mostly it is scheduling. If I need to be up early in the morning for something, I usually pull an all nighter then go to sleep at a normal time 1 week ahead of time.

you know i guess it has to be the tv and computer that keeps me up. that one good week i had was when i made it a point to turn everything off and just lay there til i passed out. it worked but like a fool that weekend i went out and stayed up real late and it was back to insomnia for me.

i'm gonna have to be consistent and try to turn everything off again and make it a point to do so nightly from here on out. also i need to stop going out anyhow because working out + no sleep = dumbass me!

balli
02-17-2010, 11:40 AM
It sucks to say this, but I sleep a lot better when I stop smoking weed. It's probably harder to actually fall asleep, but if I go the day without smoking, I'll sleep better, for a longer period of time that night. Worth considering.

CubanMustGo
02-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Hopefully turning everything off and establishing a quiet environment will help. But if not - when you consistently can only get this little sleep each night, it's time to see an MD. There could be something seriously wrong.

ashbeeigh
02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
I don't...I have always been able to fall asleep right away...like 15 minutes and I am out no questions asked....even without working at the moment I still am on a personal schedule and am in bed by midnight.

But, but, but. I didn't post that to gloat. I have a point. My mother cannot sleep to save her life. She's also taking a shit ton of medicine for depression and anxiety (a whole other thread in itself). Wasn't it you that said something about work a while back? Like work was crappy and you wanted to quit? Obviously that is impacting you in someway.

Also, so people are just night people. While my mother never was a night person she swears up and down that she is now. Do you find yourself getting a "second wind" late in the evening or at any particular time of the night? Finding a pattern may help you pinpoint where your problems are.

It's also true in my case that creating a true "bedroom" is a great way to fall asleep. After my sister moved out I moved the TV in to the loft along with the desk and now don't do anything but the "sleep, sex, rest" thing in the bedroom like all the sleep professionals say. The TV goes off the second I decided to go to sleep. I mean, napping in front of the TV isn't a big deal during the weekend or when i'm trying to wake up in the morning but sleeping it is hard.

Even though that's pretty much rehashing what everyone has already said...I hope that helps a bit.

I. Hustle
02-17-2010, 12:12 PM
I just use Ash's boobs as pillows and I fall right to sleep. You should try it, there is a plenty.

bus driver
02-17-2010, 12:12 PM
plenty of time to sleep when we are dead.....so live it up!
but if you most sleep become start drinking earlier in the day, but this could back fire as well.
seriously though i heard that drinking warm milk helps

ashbeeigh
02-17-2010, 12:33 PM
I just use Ash's boobs as pillows and I fall right to sleep. You should try it, there is a plenty.

I wouldn't know since I'm already asleep. :lol

I. Hustle
02-17-2010, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't know since I'm already asleep. :lol

Yeah I usually wait until you fall asleep. The times I tried while you were awake you said my beard tickled you. That and you kept trying to grab at my pener.

IronMexican
02-17-2010, 12:44 PM
It takes me about an hour to fall asleep. Once I'm asleep, I wont wake up, though.

IronMexican
02-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Yeah I usually wait until you fall asleep. The times I tried while you were awake you said my beard tickled you. That and you kept trying to grab at my pener.

You would be middle eastern.

Taco
02-17-2010, 12:45 PM
:sleep....WHA...:sleep....HUH? YOU SAY SOMETHI......:sleep:sleep:sleep

z0sa
02-17-2010, 12:47 PM
I just use Ash's boobs as pillows

that's all?

Pero
02-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Have you tried melatonin pills?

I. Hustle
02-17-2010, 01:08 PM
You would be middle eastern.

Because I have a beard?! You racist spic!

The Gemini Method
02-17-2010, 01:26 PM
If you partake in the usage of any illicit drugs or the herbage, I've found that the seratonin pills work best. I have used at least a low dosage most nights, but preferably on the weekdays. I notice the difference when I don't...

JamStone
02-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Watch the winter olympics. You should crash within 5-10 minutes tops.

The Gemini Method
02-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Watch the winter olympics. You should crash within 5-10 minutes tops.

Especially if you're from Georgia...

Soul_Patch
02-17-2010, 01:43 PM
http://blogs.tampabay.com/80s/images/2007/07/05/diceman.jpg

AAOOOOWwwwww.....

lefty
02-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Melatonin+masturbation+warm milk (and in this case, milk is actual milk)

It works

DarkReign
02-17-2010, 03:31 PM
I wish I didnt have to sleep much. I wish I was like some of the guys I work with who sleep maybe 4-5 hours a night and feel fine. That sleeping in for them is like, 7am.

I frickin wish.

Its the only reason I wish I would have joined the military.

JudynTX
02-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Nope, I sleep like a baby. :)

Thompson
02-17-2010, 03:36 PM
A doctor recently told me to take 3mg of melatonin every night, about 30 minutes to an hour before bedtime. He said it has a cumulative effect, so you may not notice as much of a benefit for a little while. He said I could also up the dose to 5 or 6 mg after a week.

You should discuss this with a doctor though; I don't take any other meds and I don't know if this would interact with anything you might be taking.

koriwhat
02-17-2010, 03:55 PM
A doctor recently told me to take 3mg of melatonin every night, about 30 minutes to an hour before bedtime. He said it has a cumulative effect, so you may not notice as much of a benefit for a little while. He said I could also up the dose to 5 or 6 mg after a week.

You should discuss this with a doctor though; I don't take any other meds and I don't know if this would interact with anything you might be taking.

i'm not currently taking anything of any sort right now. just can't sleep... like i've said it's been this way forever.

i used to take ambien back when i was 19 and all that did was make me stay up longer. i took 4 pills(dont know the dosage of each) one time and stayed up 2 days. fuck me!

thanks for the advice people. i might have to try this melatonin and shutting my tv and computer off at night.

JudynTX
02-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Have sex every night, that will make you fall asleep pretty quick. :D

ashbeeigh
02-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Have sex every night, that will make you fall asleep pretty quick. :D

actually...I read something in Cosmo that said that orgasms are helpful in the sleep process.

The Gemini Method
02-18-2010, 12:01 PM
I must say, I like these two ladies pro-orgasm posts...that's the real ticket there!

JudynTX
02-18-2010, 04:05 PM
actually...I read something in Cosmo that said that orgasms are helpful in the sleep process.

:tu Well if Cosmo said it, then it's true. :lol