PDA

View Full Version : Hinrich To The Lakers Won't Happen

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Though the Lakers and Bulls have continued to reach out to other NBA teams to assist in a three-team deal, no team is amenable to obtaining Sasha Vujacic. As reported by ESPN's Marc Stein, the Los Angeles Lakers' attempts to acquire Hinrich have stalled because they want to surrender Sasha Vujacic's contract in the same trade.

Hence, negotiations have narrowed down to the Lakers and Bulls. The Bulls have suggested alternate deals that would bring Kirk Hinrich to the Lakers, such as the Lakers sending out Adam Morrison alongside the athletic Shannon Brown and the expiring contract of Josh Powell. However, the Lakers have refused to include the former Slam Dunk participant into any deal.

The Lakers also rejected the Bulls' efforts to trade Kirk Hinrich in exchange for the expiring contracts of Derek Fisher and Adam Morrison, as well as future draft picks. The problematic issue is not the draft considerations. Rather, the Lakers' front office has chosen to remain loyal to Derek Fisher, despite his season-long struggles.
Even with the possibility of Derek Fisher being waived and returning to L.A. in time for the playoffs, the Lakers do not wish to part with the veteran leader.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/347074-nba-trade-rumors-lakers-unlikely-to-get-hinrich-considering-options

sefant77
02-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Getting Hinrich for expiring is stealing.

Getting Hinrich for expirings and dumping Vijabitch is raping. Lakers are too used to raping after Gasol.

Ah and Hinrich > Fisher or Brown

hater
02-17-2010, 10:10 AM
LMAO Lakers

hater
02-17-2010, 10:11 AM
:lmao

"former slam dunk participant"

:lmao

Cane
02-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Sasha's probably harder to trade than Jefferson; good luck with that shit.

noob cake
02-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Umm Lakers want to trade Sasha for Hinrich? Just trade EC for Hinrich already.

Don't they realize that by getting Hinrich, the only thing that stand in their way to the Ship this year is LeBron and 40 year old Shaq?

picc84
02-17-2010, 10:25 AM
The Lakers also rejected the Bulls' efforts to trade Kirk Hinrich in exchange for the expiring contracts of Derek Fisher and Adam Morrison, as well as future draft picks. The problematic issue is not the draft considerations. Rather, the Lakers' front office has chosen to remain loyal to Derek Fisher, despite his season-long struggles.
Even with the possibility of Derek Fisher being waived and returning to L.A. in time for the playoffs, the Lakers do not wish to part with the veteran leader.

:bang

:pctoss:pctoss

picc84
02-17-2010, 10:27 AM
I hope Mitch and Buss remember this when Billups/Lawson or Mo Williams are dropping new career playoff highs on top of Fisher's bald headed ass this year. Motherfuckers.

noob cake
02-17-2010, 10:29 AM
I hope Mitch and Buss remember this when Billups/Lawson or Mo Williams are dropping new career playoff highs on top of Fisher's bald headed ass this year. Motherfuckers.

If Rockets can make the 8th seed, one year older (and wiser) Brooks will torture Fisher.

hater
02-17-2010, 10:31 AM
open your eyes. lakers office is just building Fisher's trade value. :rolleyes

nobody wants that corpse even if it came with it's own coffin. So lakers are playing mindgames to up his trade value

Killakobe81
02-17-2010, 10:32 AM
I think the waive option Dfish and resign option should be explored ...
They have no need for Fish to mentor Drose ... Lindsey Hunter does that already ...

picc84
02-17-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm so angry about this I feel like a spurs fans watching Dick Jefferson.

Urge to kill rising.

Mike D
02-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Please Lakers FO, trade Fish and let him be bought out and return to the team in 30 days.

Bolstering your backcourt positions in talent and depth is worth the 30 day timeout for Fish. He'll have to understand.

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Please Lakers FO, trade Fish and let him be bought out and return to the team in 30 days.

Bolstering your backcourt positions in talent and depth is worth the 30 day timeout for Fish. He'll have to understand.

Fellas this is a chess game not checkers...let me peep you to what's happening here.

First off I told you guys that the last game vs Clevland was Sasha just ensuring he didn't get traded this year. He did that shit on purpose. As for D-Fish you have to understand a little about loyalty and chemistry all combined. That is precisely why the Lakers are the Lakers - a mom and pop conglomerate.

Remember after the .4 shot they got rid of Fish and Kobe was unhappy about it. Lakers really didn't want to part with him then but they thought (at the time) they could find a better guard for the spot. It never panned out and Fisher went to Utah and actually PROVED his veteran leadership. Now they're not about to sell Fish short again...even if he's slower and older. Too much locker room respect and Phil knows that when the chips are on the line and we're playing for keeps that Fish will deliver the goods.

Fish isn't supposed to keep up with the speedy guards but in the play-offs those same gaurds get their asses handed to them by Fish's defense and clutch shots. More importantly Kobe wants Fish on the floor with him closing games...Don't think for a minute that the Laker Brass don't realize this. Fish and Kobe have been winning together forever. If it's anyone that Kobe can't win without I'd say it's Fish.

Lakers know if they pull a trade involving Fish locker room morale goes down bigtime and Kobe will be one mad muthafucker...the loyalty aspect to this is huge for the Lakers repeat.

:hatBut don't say you heard it from me. :hat

Killakobe81
02-17-2010, 11:30 AM
I agree without a deal will still have a title shot but with kobe breaking down a bit you HAVE to go ALL IN ...
If after this run is over we have to suck for a few seasons (with loe payroll)...fine. If we get 2 or 3 titles in a 4 year window ...it is worth it.
Reality is at worse you take on Hinrich (and more lux tax) for 1.5 seasons after that he will be valuable expiring ...to your team or to smeone else's

But farmar for all his gifts (speed and hops) is too determined to show his "game" at the expense of the offense Like Kobe at times STILL does ...and used to do a lot like Farmar does now ..

Killakobe81
02-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Fellas this is a chess game not checkers...let me peep you to what's happening here.

First off I told you guys that the last game vs Clevland was Sasha just ensuring he didn't get traded this year. He did that shit on purpose. As for D-Fish you have to understand a little about loyalty and chemistry all combined. That is precisely why the Lakers are the Lakers - a mom and pop conglomerate.

Remember after the .4 shot they got rid of Fish and Kobe was unhappy about it. Lakers really didn't want to part with him then but they thought (at the time) they could find a better guard for the spot. It never panned out and Fisher went to Utah and actually PROVED his veteran leadership. Now they're not about to sell Fish short again...even if he's slower and older. Too much locker room respect and Phil knows that when the chips are on the line and we're playing for keeps that Fish will deliver the goods.

Fish isn't supposed to keep up with the speedy guards but in the play-offs those same gaurds get their asses handed to them by Fish's defense and clutch shots. More importantly Kobe wants Fish on the floor with him closing games...Don't think for a minute that the Laker Brass don't realize this. Fish and Kobe have been winning together forever. If it's anyone that Kobe can't win without I'd say it's Fish.

Lakers know if they pull a trade involving Fish locker room morale goes down bigtime and Kobe will be one mad muthafucker...the loyalty aspect to this is huge for the Lakers repeat.

:hatBut don't say you heard it from me. :hat

Some great points here ...but the knock here is not on Fish ...but on Sasha and injured Luke ...with Kirk Kobe can back up SF hinrick both guard spots ..

hater
02-17-2010, 11:34 AM
yes, lakers will win it all with Fisher's mummy at the point :rolleyes

2Cleva
02-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Good article.

If Chicago won't take Hinrich, no reason to make the deal. LA has the leverage - they don't need to make a deal to be champions. Flip side - Chicago HAS to deal Kirk or Salmons to have a max slot.

I'd give last years for Mike Miller before taking Hinrich's K for last years.

2Cleva
02-17-2010, 11:42 AM

Right. Because they never have before.

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Some great points here ...but the knock here is not on Fish ...but on Sasha and injured Luke ...with Kirk Kobe can back up SF hinrick both guard spots ..

I agree...Hinrich can back up Kobe and Fish....but my point was to refute those that think we need to trade Fish so that we can get Hinrich. We can still win it if we sit pat. Luke didn't contribute much anyway and Sasha was non-existent as well...The Lakers will spend the money despite the TAX hit if they think it will make them better.

If we can't trade Sasha this year then he'd be a valuable expiring next year and we can just bench him and play Kirk for the remaining of the season. I'd be aye ok with that.

picc84
02-17-2010, 12:10 PM
And the Cavs can still win if they dont get Amare.

Doesnt change that both teams would be increasing their chances significantly by pulling the trigger.

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2010, 12:26 PM
And the Cavs can still win if they dont get Amare.

Doesnt change that both teams would be increasing their chances significantly by pulling the trigger.

in theory you're right...but the jury is only out on the CAVS...we know L.A can win with their current backcourt....since Amare has a low BBALL IQ and no back to the basket game...I challenge the argument that they would be better.

Ghazi
02-17-2010, 12:28 PM

they did last year, they can this year. when you have kobe flanked by the best frontline in basketball you can get away with suboptimal PG play.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 12:33 PM
We're all really lucky Kerr wasn't dumb enough to trade Dragic to LA last year when he was blowing and they offered up Farmar. Dragic on LA would be the perfect fit.

ffadicted
02-17-2010, 01:06 PM
The Lakers also rejected the Bulls' efforts to trade Kirk Hinrich in exchange for the expiring contracts of Derek Fisher and Adam Morrison, as well as future draft picks.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

I would do that faster then you can say repeat championship

Killakobe81
02-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Agree ...that Lakers are not garunteed anything trade or no-trade ...
But Ammo gives us nothing now ...Luke's career may be over ...
Sasha actually has played better lately (as has Jordan) but both are expendable IMHO ...

Allanon
02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
No offense to my Laker brothas but I've always hated Hinrich. He's paid more than Lamar Odom but brings less to the table. He's getting worse and lazier by the year ever since he got his big contract. He'll probably only step it up again when he's due for a new contract.

5. Should the Lakers trade for Kirk Hinrich?
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100216/daily-dime
Adande: No, taking on another $17 million in the next two years is too much for a guy shooting 38 percent.

Legler: No, Kirk Hinrich is too young to be regressing the way he is. That's a red flag, and they've found the guard production off the bench that they need.

Rose: No way, they already have the highest payroll in the NBA.