PDA

View Full Version : Lakers now in Talks For Lil Nate

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2010, 11:57 AM
ok I'm scratching my head a bit on this scenario...I'm trying to envision Nate running the point. I know he's streaky and a gunner but I'm not sure he has the IQ that we're looking for to orchestrate the TRI. I'm sure Farmar is gone...This should be a straight up trade...No other chips involved. Nate isn't worth anymore than that. But I guess a rotation of Fish, Nate, and Shannon would suffice.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64774/20100217/lakers_celtics_both_in_talks_with_knicks_for_robin son/

VBM
02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Offense isn't a problem for you guys. Don't know much about Nate's defensive abilities (can't remember the last time the Knicks actually played defense), so I really don't see the improvement, other than the fact that he's young and has the potential to put up buckets.

Halberto
02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
The lakers are acting like dope fiends! They are on crack! Take notes people!

Ghazi
02-17-2010, 12:02 PM

:lol

The Gemini Method
02-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I'm not feeling this possible trade at all. The Lakers don't need more offense, but steadier D at the PG position. Unless he morphs into Nate Archibald, I don't want to see Nate Robinson in our backcourt.

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2010, 12:08 PM

Yah right...fiending to shore up a PG spot that's been an open secret from day one. Cavs on the other hand go from Amare, to Caron, Tyrus, to Troy Murphy, to Jamison...positions and players all over the map. So the question should be what specific position are they looking to shore up.

You're supposed hypocrisy arguement falls flat. I'm offended that a cretin such as yourself would actually have the balls to challenge me knowing you can't fuck with Mind Fire....that is Koolaid...

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2010, 12:21 PM
What the fuck do you mean all over the map you stupid beaner? Amare, Tyrus, Murphy and Jamison are all power forwards? It's safe to say the Cavs have been looking for a power forward who can space the floor and provide a 2nd scoring option and that's pretty much it.

so I dangled a carrot for Mormon ass and you bit...don't forget Caron Butler (no longer available) and Corey Maggette as well...what is their goal...they don't have one except to placate Lebron on false premesis...

like I said Cavs are all over the place....making a change for the sake of making a change... and they have no leverage when it comes to Lebron. He's the pretty girlfriend shitting on her man...

TinTin
02-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Cavs on the other hand go from Amare, to Caron, Tyrus, to Troy Murphy, to Jamison...positions and players all over the map.

YAY :rollin

The Gemini Method
02-17-2010, 01:27 PM
looks like KryptoNate for Eddie House is the closest deal for the 2 1/2 time Dunk Champion...

Killakobe81
02-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Makes no sense ...and Jazzfan ...chill out ...boy by ranier square or energy solutions find a bus and jump in front of it ...

Pistons < Spurs
02-17-2010, 02:17 PM
insidehoops

Oh, and here we go, according to Alan Hahn (NY Newsday), Nate Robinson is headed to Celtics

Allanon
02-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Krypto Nate is a great trade for the Lakers ...and I'm guessing it would be for Adam Morrison.

The Lakers have problems scoring this year. Defense, they're ranked among the very best.

Most of the "big" games the Lakers lost because they couldn't score to save their lives.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-17-2010, 02:20 PM
dang it. I was hoping the Lakers would do this.

hater
02-17-2010, 02:30 PM
am I the only one who thinks lil nate blows?

Beno > Nate

Dragic > nate

Pistons < Spurs
02-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Nate Robinson may be traded to Celtics
February 17, 2010 · Filed Under Boston Celtics, New York Knicks, News

For the last day or two, a hot NBA rumors story has been that the New York Knicks may trade Nate Robinson to the Boston Celtics. Possibly for guard Eddie House.

Early Wednesday afternoon, a source told InsideHoops.com editor Jeff Lenchiner that a trade is “to be expected.” It was not word that a deal was officially done, but that it’s probably set to happen.

This comes about 45 minutes after Robinson, posting on Twitter, quoted the lyrics to an Eminem song “When I’m gone.” The lyrics are: When I’m gone, just carry on, don’t mourn, rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice.

Both Robinson and House are scorers, though Robinson is the wilder, younger and more explosive of the two.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5413

hater
02-17-2010, 02:36 PM
bad trade for celts

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Robinson for House straight up? Good trade for Boston IMO, granted he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, Robinson is a huge improvement at backup point over eddie house.

EricB
02-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Eddie House > Nate Robinson

for a team holding onto ring aspirations, you tell me how Nate Robinson's game fits better?

House is clutch as hell and spreads the floor.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:27 PM
House is clutch as hell

????

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Robinson for House straight up?

No.

A draft pick would certainly be involved. Late 1st or 2nd....however it's not a done deal. Just twitter whores sucking cock attention.

LakerHater
02-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Has Nate been traded to Boston!?

j.dizzle
02-17-2010, 05:56 PM
LOL ray allen & eddie house are the only players on Boston that made me nervous..Now they get a midget chucker for house, danny Ainge must be desperate to make some changes

LakerHater
02-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Eddie House & 2 round pick for Nate!

Allanon
02-17-2010, 07:33 PM
LOL ray allen & eddie house are the only players on Boston that made me nervous..

I have to agree, Eddie House made me nervous as hell too. House has an uncanny ability to make momentum 3's.

I don't really get this trade other than them getting younger...for the future?