PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Amare says tonight's his last game as a Sun

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 12:35 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvJ8DgsHaZKs0OTcb0miPFG8vLYF?slug=ys-tradebuzz021710&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) and the Phoenix Suns are no longer discussing a contract extension, and the All-Star forward was privately telling friends that he believes he’s playing his last game in a Suns uniform on Wednesday night in Dallas, sources said.

As Yahoo! Sports reported, agent Happy Walters and Suns general manager Steve Kerr exchanged contract offers over the weekend but were far apart in talks, sources said. Those privy to the conversations among Suns ownership, management and Walters say they no longer include scenarios where Stoudemire isn’t traded prior to Thursday’s deadline.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Smart move by Kerr. The way the Amare-Lopez front line has been playing it's something he needs to break up. What a fuckin moron.

timvp
02-17-2010, 12:43 PM
If the Suns are going to trade Amare, they should sit him. He's had enough career-ending scares for about five players.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 12:54 PM
The Suns should be ready to start the JJ Hickson era. He is ready to break out

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Smart move by Kerr. The way the Amare-Lopez front line has been playing it's something he needs to break up. What a fuckin moron.

it's not Kerr. Your owner is broke as fuck and needs to save money anyway he can. If it were up to Kerr Amare would be in Miami right now. Miami is offering more talent, but can't save the Suns any money. The Cavs can. Kerr is the face for a shitty owner to hide behind

JMarkJohns
02-17-2010, 12:59 PM
The Heat's package saves the Suns PLENTY of money. Especially since they might be willing to take on Barbosa as well.

Richardson (expiring)/Haslem (expiring)/Beasley/2010 1st (maybe both) for Amare/Barbosa

Almost 15 million comes off the CAP.

If they wanted more...

O'Neal/both 2010 1sts/future 1st for Amare/Barbosa.

Almost like 22/23 million comes off the CAP.

Each is MUCH smarter than the Cleveland offer, that is, unless the Cavs up their offer to include their own 2010 1st and a future 1st (some protection). Again, this deal should be like the Gasol package of expiring contracts, a prospect and multiple late 1sts.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 01:06 PM
The Heat's package saves the Suns PLENTY of money. Especially since they might be willing to take on Barbosa as well.

Richardson (expiring)/Haslem (expiring)/Beasley/2010 1st (maybe both) for Amare/Barbosa

If they wanted more...

Each is MUCH smarter than the Cleveland offer, that is, unless the Cavs up their offer to include their own 2010 1st and a future 1st (some protection). Again, this deal should be like the Gasol package of expiring contracts, a prospect and multiple late 1sts.

Z's contract has mostly been paid this year- that is the difference. The Suns would not have to pay him anything to buy him out since the Cavs have already paid him his salary. That's the difference. The Suns would get his $13,000,000 coming off the books and really not have to pay him anything.

The other guys you mentioned need to be actually bought out, or paid for the rest of the year

JMarkJohns
02-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Well, then, Suns should threaten to NOT buyout Ilgauskus (so he can return to the Cavs) if the Cavs don't include their 2010 1st and future considerations (2012/2013 1st.

Obstructed_View
02-17-2010, 01:20 PM
If the Suns are going to trade Amare, they should sit him. He's had enough career-ending scares for about five players.

I'll add to that and say that if they actually intend to trade him then he's already played his last game as a Sun. Nobody's stupid enough to play a guy that they're about to trade. Nobody. :downspin:

TheMACHINE
02-17-2010, 01:30 PM
As a Lakers fan, im hoping this deal goes through.

Chillen
02-17-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm guessing a trade for him is nearly done, but the Suns won't announce it till after this game, smart move as it could be a huge distraction to the players.

da_suns_fan
02-17-2010, 01:33 PM
One thing to remember is that this is ALL PREDICATED BY THAT STUPID SHAQ TRADE!!

The Suns are paying Ben Wallace 10 million this year. That Sasha guy another 1.5 (I think). Both these numbers count against the luxury tax.

If they had just let Marion walk, they wouldnt even be THINKING of trading Amare because their salary situation would be much better this year. But the Suns put all their eggs in one basket (as opposed to the "rollling the dice" as they called it at the time) and made broke the number one rule GMs should never break:

You never take back bad contracts unless its the final year and youre looking for cap relief.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm guessing a trade for him is nearly done, but the Suns won't announce it till after this game, smart move as it could be a huge distraction to the players.

if they are close to a trade he won't play tonight. There is no way they are going to risk him getting hurt. If he blows out his knee the Suns now have someone they can't trade and will have to pay next year, or risk him leaving and get nothing for him.

TheMACHINE
02-17-2010, 01:35 PM
this trade needs to happen already.

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 01:41 PM
I'll add to that and say that if they actually intend to trade him then he's already played his last game as a Sun. Nobody's stupid enough to play a guy that they're about to trade. Nobody. :downspin:

Yeah, but it sounds like they had already decided to trade him before last night's game, and yet they played him last night.

The Suns are stupid. Don't put anything past them.

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Another aspect, though, is that if they're trying to get the best offer, they don't want teams to know that they are definitely trading him. Thus, they might feel they have to play him.

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Well, then, Suns should threaten to NOT buyout Ilgauskus (so he can return to the Cavs) if the Cavs don't include their 2010 1st and future considerations (2012/2013 1st.

Yeah, but it's illegal for them to discuss an Ilgauskas buyout/return to Cleveland.

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 01:46 PM

If they wanted more...

The difference is that the Cavs trade has the potential to get them under the luxury tax this year. That's what Sarver wants, probably.

lefty
02-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Go go Amare !!!!

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 02:53 PM
POSTED: Feb. 17 -- 2:38 p.m. ET

Chad Ford: All is still quiet on the Amare Stoudemire trade front. As of Wednesday afternoon, sources familiar with the negotiations said the Suns have yet to signal whether the team will trade Stoudemire to the Cavs or Heat -- or whether they'll trade him at all.

The Cavs have been pushing for the Suns to give them an answer. But Phoenix is holding out and will likely wait until Thursday to make a decision, according to sources.

Of the two teams vying for Stoudemire, only the Heat have actually received permission from the Suns to speak to Stoudemire's agent. The Cavs, as of Wednesday afternoon, have yet to call.

Still, sources close to the negotiations say that, right now, Cleveland is the front-runner. Why? Because the Heat have yet to offer the Suns a deal that would beat the Cavs' offer of Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson. One source familiar with the negotiations told ESPN.com that the Heat have yet to offer Michael Beasley or either of their two first-round picks.

"I'm not sure Miami is willing to pay the price for Amare," a Suns source told ESPN.com. "We have to get something for him. We're not giving him away. If Miami gets serious then I think they would get him. But right now, they are not showing they're serious."

Is there a possibility that Amare isn't traded at all?

"It's possible," the Suns source said. "We haven't been blown away with an offer yet."

If the Suns decide to keep Stoudemire, it could be a rocky few months. A source familiar with the negotiations told ESPN.com that the Suns and Stoudemire have ended all talks on a contract extension. If Stoudemire plays out the season in Phoenix, he'll likely leave this summer.

"He's being personally wooed by LeBron James and Dwyane Wade," the source said. "On the other side, he's being actively shopped by the Suns. He feels like he may be more wanted elsewhere."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=TradeTalkRoundup-2010

Gutter92
02-17-2010, 02:55 PM
this trade needs to happen already.

Kobe needs to get back already, if hes not back the Cavs can't beat the Lakers in the Finals...

Baseline
02-17-2010, 03:00 PM
What does the "wooing" from LeBron and Wade have to do with it? The players aren't making the decisions with this deal.

pauls931
02-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Sounds like he's gone either way. If he goes, I hope Nash finds a way out too. Blow it up and rebuild. Preferably selling the team to someone who knows how to manage his money.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:06 PM
it's not Kerr. Your owner is broke as fuck and needs to save money anyway he can.

Cool story bro. I had no idea. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

Kerr has chosen to be Robert Sarver's talking head puppet who does what Sarver and Nash tell him to do. If/when he grows a pair and publicly calls Sarver out for trying to be GM/owner and then resigns, I'll stop criticizing him. As long as he's taking Sarver's orders like a lap dog and pretending these are decisions he's making so he can take the fall for Sarver, I'm gonna blame him for being the little pussy he is.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:07 PM
One thing to remember is that this is ALL PREDICATED BY THAT STUPID SHAQ TRADE!!

The Suns are paying Ben Wallace 10 million this year. That Sasha guy another 1.5 (I think). Both these numbers count against the luxury tax.

If they had just let Marion walk, they wouldnt even be THINKING of trading Amare because their salary situation would be much better this year. But the Suns put all their eggs in one basket (as opposed to the "rollling the dice" as they called it at the time) and made broke the number one rule GMs should never break:

You never take back bad contracts unless its the final year and youre looking for cap relief.

Says the Bryan Colangelo fan.

TheMACHINE
02-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Cavs are only making this trade cuz Kobe is injured. if Kobe plays for the Lakers, the Cavs are confident they can beat them. But if Shanon Brown starts in the playoffs, the Cavs definately need to make a trade to contend against the Lakers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Cavs are only making this trade cuz Kobe is injured. if Kobe plays for the Lakers, the Cavs are confident they can beat them. But if Shanon Brown starts in the playoffs, the Cavs definately need to make a trade to contend against the Lakers.

You should start a thread with this comment, I'd be excited to see all the retarded responses you'd get.

TheMACHINE
02-17-2010, 03:25 PM
You should start a thread with this comment, I'd be excited to see all the retarded responses you'd get.

if you really want me too, i will. ;)

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Cool story bro. I had no idea. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

Kerr has chosen to be Robert Sarver's talking head puppet who does what Sarver and Nash tell him to do. If/when he grows a pair and publicly calls Sarver out for trying to be GM/owner and then resigns, I'll stop criticizing him. As long as he's taking Sarver's orders like a lap dog and pretending these are decisions he's making so he can take the fall for Sarver, I'm gonna blame him for being the little pussy he is.

do you want me to send you my JJ Hickson jersey you can wear to games now?

Xylus
02-17-2010, 03:31 PM

Not a good time to be making JJ Hickson jokes.

This shit isn't funny.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:32 PM

Your "Sarver is cheap" jokes are almost as played out as the "Lebron is gonna go to New York" jokes Rocketfan makes.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Your "Sarver is cheap" jokes are almost as played out as the "Lebron is gonna go to New York" jokes Rocketfan makes.

I'm pointing out a fact though. The motivation of this trade has nothing to do with Kerr seeking talent. It's the owner using Kerr to get savings. Why does that make you mad? It's what is going on

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm pointing out a fact though. The motivation of this trade has nothing to do with Kerr seeking talent. It's the owner using Kerr to get savings. Why does that make you mad? It's what is going on

Why does it make me mad? The same reason the Cleveland Indians owner being too cheap to keep Cliff Lee and CC Sabathia pisses you off. No one likes to be told the owner of their team is cheap and broke, just like no one wants to be told their franchise player is leaving.

Xylus
02-17-2010, 03:35 PM

Other Thunder Dan Nuggets of Wisdom:

-Michael Jordan was a great basketball player.
-Ducks is an idiot.
-Sky's fuckin blue.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Hey Thunder Dan did you know the current president of the United States is black?

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Why does it make me mad? The same reason the Cleveland Indians owner being too cheap to keep Cliff Lee and CC Sabathia pisses you off. No one likes to be told the owner of their team is cheap and broke, just like no one wants to be told their franchise player is leaving.

yeah but I don't hate on the Indians GM because the owner sucks. All you Suns fans are pissed at Kerr like he is supposed to get back a good package. I'm sure if it were up to him he would. You think the Yankee's GM is a good GM? fuck no, he just has a boss with endless amounts of money. It's the same thing.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Hey Thunder Dan did you know the current president of the United States is black?

he is a Muslim

Xylus
02-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Thunder Dan told me this is a Spurs website and that they have 4 rings.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:38 PM
yeah but I don't hate on the Indians GM because the owner sucks. All you Suns fans are pissed at Kerr like he is supposed to get back a good package. I'm sure if it were up to him he would. You think the Yankee's GM is a good GM? fuck no, he just has a boss with endless amounts of money. It's the same thing.

I hate Kerr because he's a spineless pussy who's willing to sell himself and take the fall for Sarver. Fucksticks like Kerr are how Sarver gets away with his bullshit. Don't think I have some rosy opinion of Sarver, I've bitched about him plenty.

Xylus
02-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Thunder Dan thinks that the Godfather is a great film, and that the Beatles were a great rock band. His favorite drink is water.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I hate Kerr because he's a spineless pussy who's willing to sell himself and take the fall for Sarver. Fucksticks like Kerr are how Sarver gets away with his bullshit. Don't think I have some rosy opinion of Sarver, I've bitched about him plenty.

you have JJ Hickson entering his prime, what more do you want?

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:40 PM
JJ Hickson with Nash is going to be scary.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Did anyone know that the Cavaliers lost to the Orlando Magic in the 2009 Eastern Conference finals?

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Did anyone know that the Cavaliers lost to the Orlando Magic in the 2009 Eastern Conference finals?

yeah we did. But we just got Amare for JJ Hickson! :lmao:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Thunder Dan thinks that fast food will give you high cholesterol.

Xylus
02-17-2010, 03:42 PM
There are 12 eggs in a dozen, Thunder Dan just told me.

Thunder Dan
if JJ works out as good for the Suns as Matt Laporta did for the Indians, you guys won't be complaining a year from now

DUNCANownsKOBE2
But we just got Amare for JJ Hickson! :lmao:lmao

You did?

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Contrary to what you both say, I'm up on things. I called this trade a year ago

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:43 PM
I just received a PM from Thunder Dan telling me boys have a penis and girls have a vagina.

Xylus
02-17-2010, 03:44 PM
I just received a PM from Thunder Dan telling me boys have a penis and girls have a vagina.

Can you do me a favor and ask him how babies are made?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:44 PM

I know you did, just like you "called it" that Robert Sarver is cheap. Neither Xylus nor I had any idea prior to this thread.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:45 PM
you too are crying like Lakers fans after a loss

Xylus
02-17-2010, 03:46 PM

Contrary to what? I'm absorbing everything you say right now, this is some good shit you're tellin us.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:47 PM
you too are crying like Lakers fans after a loss

I'm not crying. I'm enlightened. Now I know Robert Sarver is cheap. You should write a book revealing life's secrets. You'd make millions.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:48 PM
whhaahhhhhhhh my team is trading our best player for JJ Hickson whhhahhhhh

http://cornerstork.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/crying_baby.jpg

Xylus
02-17-2010, 03:49 PM
If the answer to this question is A, which of these is true?

A. The answer is A
B. The answer is B
C. The answer is C
D. The answer is D

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Wha my team's best player is going to New York. See, I can do it to.

ClippersDynasty
lol thunder faggot doesn't know how to use the right to.

Thunder Dan
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jj-hickson-dunks-ap.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey Thunder Dan, if I stick a cork in my ass and fart, does it come out as a burp?

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Amare doesn't have this sweet of a smile. Suns fans will love his 'can do' attitude and willingness to learn
http://blog.cleveland.com/cavs_impact/2008/10/medium_hicksontb.jpg

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:51 PM
He is good at blocking shots too. Here is him blocking a current Laker. This skill will come in handy when you face Adam Morrison in the first round this year

http://blog.cleveland.com/cavs_impact/2009/02/large_hicksonblockjg.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:52 PM
lol you should quit premature ejaculating about the trade considering Amare doesn't want to go to Cleveland.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:52 PM
http://media.cleveland.com/cavs_impact/photo/hicksonvertjgjpg-9deba8ea0f1ed653_medium.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:53 PM
http://highbridnation.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/jay-lebron.jpg

Banzai
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/31/1249411262770.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4517)

Thunder Dan
lol you should quit premature ejaculating about the trade considering Amare doesn't want to go to Cleveland.

yeah right. He wants to come to the gloryland and get out of that piss pit Phoenix. Town is nothing but home foreclosures and broken dreams

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
http://www.5starhiphop.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/lebron_new_york_knicks.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
yeah right. He wants to come to the gloryland and get out of that piss pit Phoenix. Town is nothing but home foreclosures and broken dreams

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao yeah Cleveland is so much better.

lol rivers that light on fire

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Amare saying he doesn't want a piece of this? hahaha thats funny

https://files.nyu.edu/mrt269/public/cleveland-oh132.jpg

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Arizona doesn't even have trees......Cleveland is nicknamed the forest city

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Amare saying he doesn't want a piece of this? hahaha thats funny

https://files.nyu.edu/mrt269/public/cleveland-oh132.jpg

Cute skyline.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Arizona doesn't even have trees

lol.....nice trolling attempt. You had a good run going.

Banzai
02-17-2010, 03:57 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/pear.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3096)

Xylus
02-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Arizona doesn't even have trees......

Are you sure about that?

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 03:58 PM
why would Lebron ever leave? The Cavs are getting Amare FOR JJ HICKSON! they have the best front office ever

Kai
02-17-2010, 03:59 PM
oZzgAjjuqZM

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Are you sure about that?

The ridiculous ass statement exposed the fact he trolling.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 04:01 PM
look at it this way. You are getting a young Amare entering his prime, without the micro fracture surgery.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
the best front office ever

http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/image.php?productid=16740

Thunder Dan
hopefully the Suns don't waste JJ's talent like they did Amare's. Atleast JJ got a taste of the playoffs last year.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/image.php?productid=16740

yeah too bad he didn't pan out we would probably have Kobe for him by now

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 04:02 PM
"Agent expects Suns to trade Stoudemire"

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2010-02-17-388065623_x.htm

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 04:04 PM
The Big Z puppet was what sold Sarver on the Big Z. He saw dollar signs right away. Big Z puts people in the seats

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Sports 620 KTAR

Gambo reported the Suns sat down and talked with Amare (and his agent) and offered two more years at $14M per, making the total three years and $45M. With Amare's past injury history the Suns didn't want to go beyond that.

http://ktar.com/?sid=1257029&nid=112

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 04:19 PM
If the Suns do make a deal and acquire an expiring contract they would like to flip that expiring contract for a player they would like. Sports 620 KTAR's John Gambadoro reports the Suns would like to go after Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng, or Andre Iguodala.

http://ktar.com/?sid=1257029&nid=112

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 04:22 PM
So....

Phoenix is trying to trade Amare Stoudemire for Kirk Hinrich
LA is trying to trade a scrub package for Kirk Hinrich

Gee I wonder which team is a contender and which team is headed nowhere.

Xylus
02-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Why the FUCK would the Suns want Kirk Hinrich?

Banzai
02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
So....

Phoenix is trying to trade Amare Stoudemire for Kirk Hinrich
LA is trying to trade a scrub package for Kirk Hinrich

Gee I wonder which team is a contender and which team is headed nowhere.

From what I'm reading and hearing on the radio..I don't think the Lakers make any moves at all.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Why the FUCK would the Suns want Kirk Hinrich?

Well probably hear the same bullshit we heard from Kerr about why he was trying to trade for Stephen Curry to share PG duties with Dragic and Nash......"Remember when the Suns had Kidd, Nash and KJ, we like the good competition they would give each other."

da_suns_fan
02-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Says the Bryan Colangelo fan.

Bryan Colangelo never traded for bad contracts. He signed players to bad contracts (Penny, Googs, Marbury etc.)

duncan228
02-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Agent expects Suns to trade Stoudemire (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-suns-stoudemire&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By Bob Baum

The agent for Amare Stoudemire says he expects the All-Star power forward to be traded by Thursday’s deadline, with Cleveland and Miami the most likely destinations.

Happy Walters told The Associated Press it would make no sense for the Phoenix Suns not to trade Stoudemire only to see him walk away as a free agent at the end of the season.

Walters says Stoudemire believes Phoenix’s game Wednesday night at Dallas will be his last for the Suns.

Suns general manager Steve Kerr declined to comment on the situation. Kerr never has said the team definitely would trade Stoudemire, only that he is listening to offers.

The Suns still have several options if they decide not to make a deal now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Bryan Colangelo never traded for bad contracts. He signed players to bad contracts (Penny, Googs, Marbury etc.)

Giving bad contracts is just as bad as trading for them. Marion's contract was also a brilliant product of Colangelo.

EDIT: fuck it, i don't even know what point I'm trying to make.

kamikazi_player
02-17-2010, 05:07 PM
It's sad to see Amar'e go, but I'd rather have Beasley as my future potential player than JJ Hickson. I hope they trade with Miami instead of Cleveland. But if the trade goes through to Cleveland, I'd say they win the East.

phxspurfan
02-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Amare is being a dumbass. 45m is a nice contract, and he already said he likes Phoenix. If he waits til after the new CBA to negotiate he will likely have the same contract and be in Cleveland, with or without LeBroom. And without LeBroom is just ugh.

j.dizzle
02-17-2010, 05:12 PM
If amare is gonna act like a lil bitch then let him go sons...Atleast Kerr will get you guys the next Karl Malone if he goes to Cle.

lurker
02-17-2010, 05:16 PM
I think Nash is probably regretting extending his contract with the Suns right now, though the decision didn't make a lot of sense to begin with.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 05:18 PM
I think Nash is probably regretting extending his contract with the Suns right now

No, he's not. Quit feeling sorry for him. He knew when he signed that extension there was a large chance Amare is getting traded. He's content taking his 22 million and leaving. He wasn't tricked or anything like that.

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Cavs insider Brian Windhorst's Twitter:

"There are some indications out there that the Suns are getting close to giving Cavs an answer on Amar'e. As in very soon.
33 minutes ago from web"

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Cavs close to getting Amare:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/02/sources_indicate_cleveland_cav.html

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 05:22 PM
HAHAHAHAHA....have fun with JJ Hickson Phoenix!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 05:26 PM
If they are trading him they owe him the decency to trade him now and not make him play tonight. Good luck in Cleveland Amare if it's true.

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 05:27 PM
I've got it now. What's happening now is that Amare and his agent are trying to FORCE Phoenix to trade Amare, since they don't want to take PHX's contract offer.

Amare is FORCING a trade so that he will be able to use his Bird rights, instead of leaving in the summer.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 05:28 PM
I've got it now. What's happening now is that Amare and his agent are trying to FORCE Phoenix to trade Amare, since they don't want to take PHX's contract offer.

Amare is FORCING a trade so that he will be able to use his Bird rights, instead of leaving in the summer.

yeah that is exactly what he is doing.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 05:30 PM

Good for him then. It's about time this whole thing gets resolved. Amare's done nothing to deserve being jerked around the way he is.

da_suns_fan
02-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Amare's gonna do whats best for him...and he wants a new CONTRACT. Teams, cities, championships etc. dont matter. It was the same with Joe Johnson. First and foremost, these guys want to get PAID.

The Suns arent gonna pay him. That seems obvious now.

Cleveland can have him. I'd like them to keep him, but I might be relieved when the Amare Roller Coaster is over.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Done Deal Pal!

_AH6bOryN48

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 05:35 PM
If Amare leaves in the summer and has to sign with a NEW team, he will lose about $20 million, I've heard. Therefore, he wants to be traded, and if he re-signs with THAT team (CLE/MIA) then he gets $20 million or so more with his Bird rights.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 05:36 PM
It'll truly be fuckin stupid if they trade Amare and then use Z's expiring contract to get Iggy. That series of moves would cost them money long term and they'd lose talent.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 05:36 PM
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6669/amarejerseyswitchbydraf.jpg

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 05:37 PM
It'll truly fuckin stupid if they trade Amare and then use Z's expiring contract to get Iggy. That series of moves would cost them money long term and they'd lose talent.

can't trade a player twice. Gotta wait 6 months. You got the Big Z for a couple days. Enjoy him and be nice to him

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
can't trade a player twice. Gotta wait 6 months. You got the Big Z for a couple days. Enjoy him and be nice to him

You can if you trade that player by himself.

Or work a 3-team trade, of course.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 05:39 PM
live video of the Cavs front office:

http://i37.tinypic.com/zwdb9c.jpg

We just got Amare for JJ Hickson!?

j.dizzle
02-17-2010, 05:39 PM
It'll truly be fuckin stupid if they trade Amare and then use Z's expiring contract to get Iggy. That series of moves would cost them money long term and they'd lose talent.
LOL son, phx will be lucky to be a playoff team from here on out with that front office & owner..Especially with teams like OKC, Memphis, etc on the rise.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 05:40 PM

Then how exactly was Quentin Richardson traded 4 times in the same off season? The rule is you have to wait 2 months to trade him with other players. They could trade Z by himself for Iggy. Nice try correcting me.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Then how exactly was Quentin Richardson traded 4 times in the same off season? The rule is you have to wait 2 months to trade him with other players. They could trade Z by himself for Iggy. Nice try correcting me.

lmao you are so mad. On a scale of 1/10 how pissed are you right now?

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Amare's agent may have also scared the Suns into trading him before tonight's game, due to his comments.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 05:42 PM

As pissed as you would be if your team was trading it's best player for JJ Hickson :lol, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pissed, but don't take credit for it.

timvp
live video of the Cavs front office:

http://i37.tinypic.com/zwdb9c.jpg

We just got Amare for JJ Hickson!?

:lol

Jeremy
3 1/2 hours until tip-off.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 05:43 PM
As pissed as you would be if your team was trading it's best player for JJ Hickson :lol, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pissed, but don't take credit for it.

I know. I was pissed when the Indians did the same shit, I just like busting your balls

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Poor JJ Hickson must be pretty pissed right now. I feel bad for him.

rascal
02-17-2010, 05:44 PM

It will be ugly with nothing in the frontcourt.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Poor JJ Hickson must be pretty pissed right now. I feel bad for him.

too bad the Cavs picked up his option next year or else the Suns could buy him out and save on his $700,000 contract

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 05:46 PM
It will be ugly with nothing in the frontcourt.

yeah right. JJ Hickson is a young Karl Malone, that is why the Suns are giving up this year by trading their best player to get him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 05:47 PM
too bad the Cavs picked up his option next year or else the Suns could buy him out and save on his $700,000 contract

That's probably what's holding the trade up.

JJ Hickson
02-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Sons can I get my team changed to the Suns?

Jeremy
We now have an actual quote from Amare's agent:

Walters said Stoudemire believes Phoenix's game Wednesday night at Dallas will be his last for the Suns.

"It's going to be emotional," Walters said. "... He really does love the team and he knows he's playing with one of the best point guards ever."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4922486

rascal
If Amare leaves in the summer and has to sign with a NEW team, he will lose about $20 million, I've heard. Therefore, he wants to be traded, and if he re-signs with THAT team (CLE/MIA) then he gets $20 million or so more with his Bird rights.

If Amare goes to Cleveland he will stay.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 05:49 PM
I turn on ESPN to see the updates and get a McDonalds commercial where they're singing about chicken McNuggets. Now I'm really pissed.

rascal
02-17-2010, 05:50 PM
yeah right. JJ Hickson is a young Karl Malone, that is why the Suns are giving up this year by trading their best player to get him.

So now Hickson is a future hall of famer. If that were the case you would not want this trade to happen.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2010, 05:51 PM
I turn on ESPN to see the updates and get a McDonalds commercial where they're singing about chicken McNuggets. Now I'm really pissed.
this will cheer you up
dwAJHTwXws4

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Wow, I missed this quote:

Walters said there had been no contract talks with Phoenix since last weekend.

"We're not that far apart," he said, "but I think they've decided to go in another direction."

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 05:53 PM
So all the reports of the two sides not being close was a LIE! Sounds like the Suns just wanted to make it look like they tried to extend Amare, but didn't really want to. So they made an offer they knew he would reject.

I'm getting mad now, too!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 05:54 PM
this will cheer you up
dwAJHTwXws4

Wow a McDonalds commercial with no black/hispanic people. Haven't seen one of those in awhile.

NBAdime
02-17-2010, 05:57 PM
That's probably what's holding the trade up.

I really don't think Suns fans realize that A. JJ Hickson has potential to be very very good.

B. Amare was detrimental to the team, his lack of D was bad. And no, he didn't think he needed to improve he thought he was doing well.

C. Amare is really detrimental to the team.

But, fans usually don't understand how things work inside a locker room.

j.dizzle
02-17-2010, 05:59 PM
I really don't think Suns fans realize that A. JJ Hickson has potential to be very very good.

B. Amare was detrimental to the team, his lack of D was bad. And no, he didn't think he needed to improve he thought he was doing well.

:lol have u ever seen him play?

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 06:01 PM
"The Suns have told Amar'e Stoudemire that he is playing tonight against the Dallas Mavericks, suggesting no imminent trade, sources tell Y!"

http://twitter.com/wojyahooNBA

NBAdime
02-17-2010, 06:02 PM
:lol have u ever seen him play?

Amare? every time unless its an away game :-)

timvp
02-17-2010, 06:04 PM
I want Amare to score 50.

Just to see what happens next.

j.dizzle
02-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Nah man Karl Malone Jr..When was the last time JJ Hickson actually did anything other then dunk a wide open shot:lol Nobody even guards him

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 06:06 PM

Maybe somebody would give the Suns more in return.

NBAdime
02-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Nah man Karl Malone Jr..When was the last time JJ Hickson actually did anything other then dunk a wide open shot:lol Nobody even guards him

A lot of people shat on Robin Lopez and Goran Dragic but look how they bloomed. I happen to know the Suns are good when it comes to scouting its just other issues (see: owner) that stands in their way.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 06:12 PM

You live in Tucson too?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 06:13 PM

I agree, the Suns bad defense is completely his fault. Once he's traded they'll be an elite defensive team and Nash will win DPOY.

DPG21920
02-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Apparently the cavs just traded for Jamison

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 06:32 PM
"Washington Post reports the Cavs have traded for Antawn Jamison"

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider

NBAdime
02-17-2010, 06:37 PM
You live in Tucson too?

201 jefferson st is in Tucson? Thought it was Phoenix

NBAdime
02-17-2010, 06:39 PM
I agree, the Suns bad defense is completely his fault. Once he's traded they'll be an elite defensive team and Nash will win DPOY.

Nash is a bad defender too but Nash is capable of team D, meaning he can successfully move a player towards whoever can keep him at bay.

Rogue
02-17-2010, 06:52 PM

Even if a team has the privilege to cancel the deal at any time before it's officially done, it's still better option to unlock the door for the player who's keen to leave rather than to retain him with manacles.

FUCK YOU DONNIE NELSON, FUCK YOU MARK CUBAN.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 07:23 PM
201 jefferson st is in Tucson? Thought it was Phoenix

I thought you were saying you couldn't see away games which is the case in TUcson.

NBAdime
02-17-2010, 07:35 PM
I thought you were saying you couldn't see away games which is the case in TUcson.
Nah lol I meant physically couldn't be present at away games like home games

angelbelow
02-17-2010, 07:47 PM
So what happens to Amare now... Heat?

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 09:09 PM
KTAR's Gambo and Ash said that the Suns claim the Cavs refused to include Hickson, thus no deal.

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Coro says that the Cavs only removed Hickson from the deal today--sounds like Kerr could have made it happen yesterday.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/74197

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Coro says that the Cavs only removed Hickson from the deal today--sounds like Kerr could have made it happen yesterday.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/74197

Pretty lucky on his part. Both Don Nelson and Ferry have out dumbed Kerr with Amare trades in the last year.

JMarkJohns
02-17-2010, 09:23 PM
It's a curious move by the Cavs. For the better part of this week, it's been reported Cleveland was only offering Ilgauskus and Hickson. Word was James was publicly excited for Amare and gave his approval to do whatever it took. So, the response to James endorsement and pressure to do whatever it takes to get him is to jeopardize your relationship with your star player by pulling the key piece from the offer?

Sounds like maybe James was saying "yes" publically but "no" privately. There's no way you make your offer less attractive if James is putting the pressure on you to get Amare, his #1 option from the pull.

NBAdime
02-17-2010, 09:27 PM
It's a curious move by the Cavs. For the better part of this week, it's been reported Cleveland was only offering Ilgauskus and Hickson. Word was James was publicly excited for Amare and gave his approval to do whatever it took. So, the response to James endorsement and pressure to do whatever it takes to get him is to jeopardize your relationship with your star player by pulling the key piece from the offer?

Sounds like maybe James was saying "yes" publically but "no" privately. There's no way you make your offer less attractive if James is putting the pressure on you to get Amare, his #1 option from the pull.

Seems to me that Lebron James said "only one tool in this team and it'll be me"

ShoogarBear
02-17-2010, 09:28 PM
This thread is even funnier when you read it after the fact.

The_Dude
02-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Seems to me that Lebron James said "only one tool in this team and it'll be me"

The Cavs had their offer rejected by the Suns. Amar'e was their first choice, and Jamison was option 2. Since the Suns, for the 2nd year in a row, couldn't commit the Cavs walked.

KidCongo
02-17-2010, 09:32 PM

There had been two different parties when it came to Amare whereas Jamison was liked by most and if Amare hadn't been put on the block the Cavs were targeting Jamison as the number one all along.

The Cavs put pressure on the Suns to make a decision today to they could target an SG tomorrow and the Suns wanted to wait. Cleveland moved on.

pauls931
02-17-2010, 09:55 PM
"Washington Post reports the Cavs have traded for Antawn Jamison"

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider

So the cavs aren't going to the finals then. I'd rather see Amare walk at the end of the year than the Suns make a desparate trade.

Banzai
02-17-2010, 11:21 PM
So Amare stays in Phoenix or heads to Miami? Is the deal with Cleveland deaD?

Thunder Dan
02-18-2010, 09:29 AM
This thread is even funnier when you read it after the fact.

trading the 30th pick for Jamison is just as absurd as trading Hickson for Amare

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-14-2010, 11:54 AM

Enjoy irrelevancy fuckhead. How's the off season going?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-14-2010, 11:55 AM
The Suns should be ready to start the JJ Hickson era. He is ready to break out

:lmao no the Cavs should be ready for the JJ Hickson era.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-14-2010, 11:58 AM

Not nearly as scary as JJ Hickson and Mo Williams.

Giuseppe
05-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Enjoy irrelevancy fuckhead. How's the off season going?

Duncan, you got no room. You just recently declared yourself a Suns fan.

You little prick.

Ghazi
05-14-2010, 12:00 PM
crucify em cubby!

crucify em!!

lmcontrollinao!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-14-2010, 12:01 PM
lol dirty raghead is PISSED