PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs. Nuggets Game Three -- Game Blog

Pages : [1] 2 3

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-30-2005, 04:21 PM
I don't know how many of you read the E-N today, but online in one of the articles it mentions that Karl says he's going to focus on taking away Tony and Manu's driving lanes.

Know what that means? You're going to see LA's defense they used on Tony last year, i.e., pack in the lane with the whole team and make us beat them from outside.

That's dangerous to me, we're gonna have to hit from three. I think if we're gonna beat it Barry and Horry are going to have to open things up for us from outside.

I'd also like to see more pick and roll involving Tony.

Thoughts, comments?

ducks
04-30-2005, 04:23 PM
hopefully spurs are reading the headlines and are planing to counter that
the key is tp in the first to set the tone
DRIVE TONY PICK DUNCAN AND NAZR

Leetonidas
04-30-2005, 04:28 PM
As long as Timmy is setting screens, Tony will have a lane. They'll knock him down, and he may not want to go back in, but Manu will keep going. He doesn't care if he gets knocked down. He spends a lot of time down there anyway. :lol

Samr
04-30-2005, 04:30 PM
If you concentrate in one area, you won't in another. The team can only focus on so many things at once. Last year the Lakers packed the lane and we didn't beat them from outside. Now the Spurs have Brent Barry, Beno Udrih, and Glenn Robinson to change that up a bit. This is in addition to Manu, Bowen, and possibly Parker.

Last game, Brent proved he could hit. The great thing about Barry is that he makes the defense play him honestly. Leave him open, and he's money. Starting him will stretch the defense from the getgo. Watch for the Spurs to hit him early, and often as kind of a warning to the Nuggets.

Also, the addition of Glenn Robinson should prove to be the downfall to the "pack the lane" strategy. It was VERY a underrated signing. Some people forget that this is the guy who terrorized the Spurs with the Bucks in route to two All-Star appearances.

bottom line: The Nuggets can change and adapt all they want. But one way or the other, the Spurs will beat them. That's what makes them so scary. And that's what will carry them to their third championship.

Brodels
04-30-2005, 04:31 PM
I don't know how many of you read the E-N today, but online in one of the articles it mentions that Karl says he's going to focus on taking away Tony and Manu's driving lanes.

Know what that means? You're going to see LA's defense they used on Tony last year, i.e., pack in the lane with the whole team and make us beat them from outside.

That's dangerous to me, we're gonna have to hit from three. I think if we're gonna beat it Barry and Horry are going to have to open things up for us from outside.

Thoughts, comments?

I agree for the most part. I wonder about Karl though - he's made a point to tell everyone and everything what he's planning to do in game three. I wonder if he isn't just blowing smoke to some extent. I know you can't really keep what you want to do secret when the adjustments you have to make are obvious, but he's been pretty vocal about what he wants to do.

That having been said, it's obvious that he will try to get Manu and Parker to shoot jump shots. Pick and roll with Tony and Tim will work. It's also important that Manu occassionally catches the ball closer to the hoop. He doesn't have to post up per se, but if he could come off of some picks without the ball and receive passes ten feet away from the basket or less, he'd have a ton of options. The Spurs aren't always good at getting players free, and they might have to see what they can do to make that happen tonight.

To me, it still comes down to Duncan. He's either going to dominate again and make the Nuggets double him and open things up for the perimeter guys, or he's going to struggle again and the Nuggets will have an easier time defending everyone. He's very patient and sees the floor very well, but it's important that he catches the ball sometimes and makes his move quickly. The LA defensive strategy worked so well because he let it work so well. If he catches the ball with single coverage, he has to make a move immediately before a double team can come. That's how he can beat that defensive strategy.

ducks
04-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Time for big dog to make a statement to MR GEORGE KARL

stéphane
04-30-2005, 04:40 PM

Thoughts, comments?

Treys are gonna be a key early in the game...imo
It would make Denver's defense more spread and everything would be easier then...

picnroll
04-30-2005, 04:41 PM
Same as any Spurs game against a solid opponent. If Spurs are stone cold from outside they'll be lucky to win. If they're knocking them down from outside they'll be impossible to beat. In between it will be a close game. If their struggling from outside I hope Robinson gets a run. When he's on he alone can carry a team.

One bit of great news, Salvatorre is reffing the Wash - Chi game.

Bavetta doing Hous - Dall.

Spurs may have a shot at one of the Crawfords, hopefully Joey.

pjjrfan
04-30-2005, 04:58 PM
That has been a regular strategy by a lot of teams the one big difference is that Camby, Martin and Nene don't impose that huge weight and strength of the Malone and Shag combo. I think if the refs call it right, the Nuggets will be in foul trouble.

The key phrase is weather the storm, if the Spurs allow the Nuggets to play their game, they are in trouble. If they continue to defend like they did Wed. night, it may not be a runaway but they should be able to control the game for a win.

exstatic
04-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Time for big dog to make a statement to MR GEORGE KARL

I agree, and big ups on the correct grammar and spelling, ducks. :lol :tu

exstatic
04-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Treys are gonna be a key early in the game...imo
It would make Denver's defense more spread and everything would be easier then...

Treys would be nice, but if they "pack it in" like LA did, an 18 foot jumper will kill them, and it will be available. Big Dog time.

ShoogarBear
04-30-2005, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure how much to worry about the third quarter of the last game, when the Nugs were able to make a run by going to zone.

I think Karl will probably do what he says.

Spurs' best answer to the zone is Barry and whatever we can get from Big Dog.

stéphane
04-30-2005, 05:13 PM
TP drive and kick time tonight?

ducks
04-30-2005, 05:14 PM
I agree, and big ups on the correct grammar and spelling, ducks. :lol :tu

vincerodriguez23
04-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Looks like we'll have to run alot of pick and roll plays and horry, barry, ginobili, and bowen has to step it up on 3s. as long as we have a strong defense, we'll be fine. defense wins championships.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Even if it would mean to move from the 4 down offense, I would like Timmy involved in pick n rolls with Manu and Tony. Pulling Camby or Martin out of the paint and Manu or Tony driving to the rim. Then they can choose to pass it to Tim, who has to shot from his range, or to an open shooter (Bowen, Horry or Barry).

The role players could try this a little to, like Nazr and Devin, just to clear the path to the rim. And of course, hitting the three points is extremly important too. The minutes that Beno gets he should distribute the ball wisely, avoding easy turnovers so Denver can't run, because if the Nuggets are able to run a lot, the Spurs will have it very difficult.

HB22inSA
04-30-2005, 05:33 PM
It's one thing to say it, and another to do it (take away the driving lanes).

Let's see how they do.

Samr
04-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Denver doesn't have Shaq to plug the lane. Instead they have Kenyon Martin and Marcus Camby. Enough said.

td4mvp21
04-30-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm glad Denver is going to do this. The Spurs need to be tested and see if they learned anything from last year. If they are going to win the title, they are going to hvae to get past any defense. Two years ago Game 3 vs. Phoenix, we hit threes and that helped us win the game. Last year we weren't faced with a must win until the second round, and we failed. Let's see if we can get it right this year.

FromWayDowntown
04-30-2005, 05:52 PM
I thought Denver actually did a pretty good job using that strategy at points in Game 1, and they took advantage of Tony Parker's tendency to stop his penetration when he is met with a body at the rim or hit on the way. Tony stopped penetrating, and the Spurs offense suffered. That said, had the Spurs gone 2-17 or 3-17 during that 4th Quarter stretch, the Spurs would have likely won Game 1.

If Karl does as he says he will, I'd like to see the Spurs run a lot of high 1-4 screen/rolls, particularly if the Nuggets are going to throw bodies at Parker, because that strategy should create opportunities to get Timmy some good looks and get him going. If they don't run screen/rolls, it is imperative that the Spurs collapse the defense, kick and swing the ball -- I thought that the Spurs could have found scoring opportunities against LA last year by kicking and swinging the ball to another penetrator, who could exploit a scrambling defense's inability to recover and stay true to its scheme. That's easier said than done, and it depends largely upon jump shooters actually making some shots.

Regardless of anything else they do, the Spurs MUST get back in transition and slow the Nuggets break. Dunks and layups will get that crowd energized and instill some confidence in the Nuggets. The Spurs would do well to avoid both of those things.

The Nuggets are likely going to come out looking to throw a haymaker (like the Spurs did in Game 2) and the balance of the series might depend on whether the Spurs beat them to the punch or take the hit, but stand in and fight.

bonesinaz
04-30-2005, 05:59 PM
That has been a regular strategy by a lot of teams the one big difference is that Camby, Martin and Nene don't impose that huge weight and strength of the Malone and Shag combo. I think if the refs call it right, the Nuggets will be in foul trouble.

The key phrase is weather the storm, if the Spurs allow the Nuggets to play their game, they are in trouble. If they continue to defend like they did Wed. night, it may not be a runaway but they should be able to control the game for a win.

I agree. That is the first thing packing the lane will do: pile on fouls for the Nuggets.

And the altitude won't be a factor if the Spurs play Spurs ball.

ALVAREZ6
04-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Again, we don't need any more injuries...I'm hoping for a win that won't cost us any injured players. I would love to shut up the mcnugget trolls saying that no team can win in Denver unless their jerseys say "Phoenix" on them.

T Park
04-30-2005, 06:29 PM
drive to the hole and draw fouls.

Barry, and Big Dog will need to be on.

If mid range shots is what we need, Big Dog, Beno Udrih, Duncan, and Ginobili need to bag their shots.

Parker too.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Regarding Big Dog, the last couple of games, he seemed to get the ball with awkward positioning at times. It would be nice to see Pop dig into his archives and pull out some small forward plays. Coming off a screen, the guy is deadly. It's when he gets the ball as a last resort and has to post up or create his own shot that he tends to clank 'em (though not as badly as another SF who shall remain nameless).

T Park
04-30-2005, 07:08 PM
has to post up

about prob 40% of his points in his career came from the post up.

HB22inSA
04-30-2005, 07:40 PM
I think Denver gets out to a fast start, but San Antonio will eventually wear them down come the fourth quarter.

I'm looking for a comfortable seven to eight point win.

SpursFanDan
04-30-2005, 08:52 PM
But dont we have better three point shooters this year than last?.. if so, pack the lane.. alittle kick out,.. knock down three. Then they will have to change the strategy again, and then we will have them worried on two counts.. the three point threat, and the dump inside.

Experiment2100
04-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Looks like a late start 7+ minutes left in the celts/pacers game.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-30-2005, 09:34 PM
they better start late i dont wanna miss part of the real game cuz of this crap

TDfan2007
04-30-2005, 09:35 PM
If Denver will leave single coverage on Tim he will dominate, but that doesn't gaurantee a win. Tony needs to keep his head up if he gets whacked around and keep penetrating and dishing. Manu needs to penetrate and draw fouls. Barry needs to hit outside shots, and Nazr needs to rebound and rotate on D.

TDfan2007
04-30-2005, 09:36 PM
they better start late i dont wanna miss part of the real game cuz of this crap

why would anyone want to watch a blow out game between Indiana and Boston.

TDfan2007
04-30-2005, 09:36 PM
goddamnit they better not start late! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

tw05baller
04-30-2005, 09:37 PM
it hasnt started yet

Gerryatrics
04-30-2005, 09:41 PM
I wonder if they would show the begining on the repeat later if they stay with the Celtics-Pacers game live.

MI21
Att: Whottt, Shoogarbear etc.

Chat?

Cant_Be_Faded
its starting right now

listen to woai
theyre announcing starting lineups!
arghhghghghg

adrien
04-30-2005, 09:43 PM
what s going on?

TwoHandJam
04-30-2005, 09:44 PM
Last game TNT cuts away with like 6 minutes or more left in our game and ESPN refuses to go to the SA/DEN game because of a similar blowout in the IND/BOS game when there's less than 4 minutes left?

:wtf

whottt
04-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Att: Whottt, Shoogarbear etc.

Chat?

Yeah I'll be in the chatroom...prolly Shoogar too.

You guys PM me if someone plops a pile of melo15 in this thread again.

td4mvp21
04-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Yup, this is going just according to my plan....I knew the Nuggets would come out fired up and we would start out cold.....thats how young teams are. I can't wait until the game settles in......

Gerryatrics
04-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Nuggets come out aggresive. Spurs can't settle for Tony Parker jumpers and Duncan trying to shoot over the double team. No interior defense at all from the Spurs. 10-3 already.

UnknownPlayer
04-30-2005, 09:54 PM
What an amazing start, the five heartless boys :lol :lol :lol

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 09:55 PM
WTF is TP doing out there? He's settling for shitty jumpshots and not even trying to penetrate.

Tim was WIDE fucking open and could have driven in but settled for a jumper which clanked.

And then there was the matador style defense in letting Martin stroll in for the dunk.

Yikes, what a start.

Dre_7
04-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Is TNT flickin in and out on anybody else? Ot is it just my local cable co.?

Tek_XX
04-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Spurs lifeless, looking confused

Gerryatrics
04-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Don't know SASpurs21_1999, I'm not watching TNT, I'm watching the game :). But yeah, ESPN was flickering for a couple of minutes, it's settled down now.

Dre_7
04-30-2005, 10:03 PM
LOL, yeah I meant ESPN.
My bad.

Gerryatrics
04-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Manu in already, don't know why Pop pulled Barry though, the Spurs need him to hit shots early to get him going. Rasho sighting.

Dre_7
04-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Denver is playing amazing right now, and they are only up by 4. They will cool, SA will take over.

Im not worried.

UnknownPlayer
04-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Barry out!!!
OMG Spurs will lose

Tek_XX
04-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Hello, it was clear Barry was not going to be getting it done starting so we have gone to Ginobili, and thank god.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Okay, it's looking better. All you Argentine fans, get some of the action so far. Your boy sits so Brent Barry start, and then Brent doesn't even get a touch.

Manu has changed the game since he came in. Man he needs a haircut.

The Spurs interior D has tightened up, and now Denver is starting to cool a bit from the field.

Spurminator
04-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Relatively nice start with Duncan on the bench. Denver came out smoking, but they're looking normal again.

UnknownPlayer
04-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Hello, it was clear Barry was not going to be getting it done starting so we have gone to Ginobili, and thank god.

Why???

Don't you have Parker? You're future CAGON

Dre_7
04-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Tie game baby!

bigbendbruisebrother
Tie fucking game! Way to go Beno!

Experiment2100
Hell has frozen over, the refs actually called travelling twice.

UnknownPlayer
04-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Sorry guys but you have to great Players TPaker and Timmy.
But I don't know which ones has a bigger pu**y

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Horry at the line. Nice drive for contact.

Shot one clank.

Shot two swish.

Spurs 20, Nugz 19

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:10 PM
MANU!

22-19 Spurs

Gerryatrics
04-30-2005, 10:11 PM
It was smart to bring Ginobili in Tek_XX, but I think Pop should have left Barry out there. If Brent doesn't get touches early, he tends to not get touches at all. It would be nice to have Bones in the flow of the game in case Denver goes zone again.

UnknownPlayer
Where are your untradeble ALLSTARS??? :blah :blah :blah :blah

bigbendbruisebrother
Rasho puts Mr. Fragile on the line. He clanks one hits one. Spurs up 2.

bigbendbruisebrother
Manu reverse off of great Rasho board.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:12 PM
Rasho another O board.

Dre_7
04-30-2005, 10:13 PM
MY GOODNESS!!!

That shot almost fell!!!!!

LOLOLOL

WOW!

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Spurs come away empty. Nugs hold for last shot

Manu hits iron from 75 off of Boykins miss. Rasho interior D.

End of 1

Spurs 24, Nuggets 20.

Phew!

boutons2
04-30-2005, 10:14 PM
Manu's feeling it. Just don't get too crazy.

Have the Nuggets shot their wad already? The sure ended the 1st qtr flaccid.

myhc
04-30-2005, 10:14 PM
Looks like Manu is going to have another one of those special games

And what about our boy Rasho! LOL! :elephant

spursupporter
04-30-2005, 10:15 PM
spurs are rebounding great!

Spurminator
I think Karl took KMart out a little early. He was torching the Spurs' inside players, but then Nene and the bench came in and blew it.

UnknownPlayer
I'm really missing S. Jackson, like Kori.

Dre_7
04-30-2005, 10:16 PM
I got my Manu Jersey in the mail today. Finally game in!

Must be why hes killin it so far ;)

bigbendbruisebrother
Wow. That turned out to be a much better quarter that I expected.

The Spurs looked like the California road trip squad. Duncanless, but gritty.

Duncan's early fouls fucked up Denver's plans; they were so focused on him, when he went out so did there whole defensive strategy (note to Pop-- consider bringing Tim off the bench in game 4 :lol )

Gerryatrics
The bench getting it done, now hopefully the starters will wake up. Hopefully that was the only hot streak Denver is going to hit tonight, they got off to a real fast start, Spurs bench cooled them down though.

myhc
04-30-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm calling Manu for a 35 point game.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:17 PM
2nd Quarter starts with TD on the bench. ESPN showing Spurs highlights. Lots of threes by Manu, Beno and Bruce got us the lead.

MANU FALL AWAY!

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm calling Manu for a 35 point game.

Good call. He was my pick for high scorer of the first round. Knock wood.

myhc
04-30-2005, 10:19 PM
So who wanted Beno off the team again? LOL

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Boykins hits 2 FT. Spurs 26, Nuggets 22.

Spurs have gone small (and white!)

Beno for two!

Experiment2100
04-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Spurs got 4 white boys on the court

bigbendbruisebrother
Boykins layup. 28-24 spurs

bigbendbruisebrother
Beno penetrates and scores. 30-24 Spurs

myhc
Spurs got 4 white boys on the court

:lol

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Beno and Boykins cancelling each other out. 30-26 Spurs.

TD rejoins on foul. Spurs ball

BARRY FOR 3!!!

myhc
04-30-2005, 10:21 PM
this is why we signed bones

Gerryatrics
04-30-2005, 10:22 PM
Damn, sweet little finger-roll by Boykins on the fast break. Good passing on the other end. I think Najera headed that ball out of bounds :). Brent Barry for threeeeeee!!! He needs to hit those.

spursupporter
Barry For 3!

myhc
and welcome to the party teammy!

bigbendbruisebrother
Kmart offensive foul.

Spurs ball. Parker back in. Manu sits.

Duncan HOOK!

myhc
04-30-2005, 10:23 PM
well i spoke to soon. :oops

Dre_7
04-30-2005, 10:23 PM
BS, that was not a foul!

vsnba
04-30-2005, 10:24 PM
fucker refree want spurs to loose

bigbendbruisebrother
Nazr good D.

Spurs rebound.

Bullshit call against Tim. Foul #3. Kmart sold the flop. Tim got caught with both hands on Kmart's back.

Pop oughta save him for the 4th. Spurs are playing well without him.

boutons2
Tim, what a dumbass foul. 15 minutes into the game, Tim has 3 fouls. bu Spurs are doing well without him.

Spurminator
Bullshit fucking call.

spursupporter
damn referee!

Experiment2100
Its crap how Duncan has been taken out of this game.

I like how we have been able to stay in it this long

vsnba
Hi guys do you agree last call against duncan

boutons2
04-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Damn, what dumb foul. He knows he has 2 PFs, damn what a dumb foul.

beck253
It was a foul, he charged from behind...

boutons2
Duncan pushed KM, no need for it. really really dumb

myhc
time to go back to manu. he'll put the team on his back and win this for us through his sheer will.

bigbendbruisebrother
Scratch that last post! I've got all my damn v-bookie scratch on Timmy to to get 20+. Play him, Pop, play him.

TwoHandJam
NBA refs are great.

Any comments Smeagol, timvp?

Spurminator
04-30-2005, 10:26 PM
They were both positioning themselves, Kenyon flopped when the rebound was out of his reach. Stupid call.

bigbendbruisebrother
Are you guys still stuck watching the Celtics blowout?

boutons2
that's not leadership. If we can keep the lead, he may be done for the half

Spurminator
04-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Great defense on that play.

bigbendbruisebrother
back from break

Spurs up 35-26.

Denver looking screwy.

vsnba
Manu should be in the game

UnknownPlayer
04-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Where is our little girl???

I mean Tony Parker.

Spurminator
Celts game is long over. No part of the Spurs game was missed on national TV... ESPN switched to it before it began.

bigbendbruisebrother
Nice block by Nazr, followed by a classic Nazr fumble.

Denver hits a 3.

Horry left banker.

Spurs 37-29!

myhc
04-30-2005, 10:29 PM
uhhhh, is Duncan still in the game?

bigbendbruisebrother
Parker steal, fouled on break,

Kmart whining like the big bitch that he is.

Parker shooting 2.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.

Spurs 39, Nugs 29

Spurminator
Jesus Christ it's like these refs have never seen a flop before.

Pathetic.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:30 PM
uhhhh, is Duncan still in the game?

No, TD has 3 fouls.

spursupporter
manu coming back!

myhc
hack a dre!

Gerryatrics
KMart did some acting on the third foul, but Duncan got caught with his hands on Martin's back. Would have been a good no-call, but let's not start blaming the refs already.

bigbendbruisebrother
Parker getting chewed by pop for fouling miller.

Miller 1 for 2.

Spurs 39-30

Tek_XX
nAZR IS PLAYING LIKE CRAP AGAIN

myhc
No, TD has 3 fouls.

oh, cbs has him still in the game.

Dre_7
04-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Nazr needs to stop bouncing it under the basket!

spursupporter
let rasho play!

bigbendbruisebrother
Nazr dumb fucking play surrounded by entire Denver team. Offensive foul. Denver ball

miss.

Manu right bank!

41-30 Spurs

myhc
Manu. You can always count on him.

myhc
04-30-2005, 10:32 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. K-MART. Will you ever learn?

Gerryatrics
T on KMart, should have stopped whining and just played.

Spurminator
Nazr now at 4 pump fakes per shot attempt...

Manu still unstoppable.

Kenyon still retarded.

Dre_7
Im sorry, but I cant stand Musberger (sp?) as a BBall anouncer. Hes horrible.
:lol

Tobias
04-30-2005, 10:33 PM
How come they never T' up Amare? He does what Kmart did constantly.

UnknownPlayer
Manu. You can always count on him.

Let's trade him!!! He's just a bench player. We still have Tparker and Timmy

Dre_7
Come on Kmart, get ticked and get anonther T sometime later in this game.

myhc
Let's trade him!!! We still have Tparker and Timmy

:smokin :drunk

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Kenyon over Nazr. Kenyon Teed up for talking shit at Nazr.

Kmart was a dumbass in the 2003 finals, and he's a dumbass now. Way to help your team, dipshit.

Denver can't play defense when it's not oriented around Tim.

Dre_7
How come they never T' up Amare? He does what Kmart did constantly.

Cuz he plays for the Suns. And they are the team the League wants to win it all!

bigbendbruisebrother
Manu 15 pts, 4 rebounds

Gerryatrics
04-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Nazr is back to his good old self... hooray. There should be an unwritten rule that you don't pass it in to Nazr unless there isn't an opposing player within 12 feet and he's standing directly under the basket.

Tek_XX
unless nazr is wide open, i don't think he should be given the ball in an offensive posession.

bigbendbruisebrother
Jim Gray interviewing Carmelo's mother. She looks more masculine than he does.

bigbendbruisebrother
Nazr. Hands of steel.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Gino blocked by Anthony. Miller picks off entry for layup.

Miller steal. Fouled by Manu.

Spurs 42-34. Denver ball.

Tek_XX
oops spurs trying to give it away naughty naughy

bigbendbruisebrother
Kmart spin in lane.

42-36.

Manu kicks to Horry swish.

44-36

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:38 PM
TP throws up crap. Denver does same, thanks very much.

Manu FINGER ROLL!!!!

46-36.

Gerryatrics
04-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Who threw the inbounds that got picked off? I looked away from the TV for a second, I heard the crowd going nuts so I look up and see a Denver player streaking to the basket.

spursupporter
parker is choking again!

UnknownPlayer
I think Parker's balls disappear. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Tek_XX
i WANT RASHO NOW, FUCK NAZR

myhc
Nazr with 3 fouls too! Time for Tmass?

bigbendbruisebrother
Nazr whacks the crap out of Camby who is wincing. Foul on Nazr. China doll has an owie.

Commercial break.

Dre_7
04-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Nazr and Tim 3 fouls. Thank goodness Rasho is back!

spursupporter
duncan and nazr in foul trouble...

vsnba
spurs have to be carefull , Nuggets may run end of the quartes just like first game

xcoriate
Jim Gray interviewing Carmelo's mother. She looks more masculine than he does.

:lmao nice

UnknownPlayer
parker is choking again!

We didn't have to wait till 4 Qt.

myhc
Tmass baby. No worries!

beck253
04-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Manu is almost outscoring (17-18) our whole starting line up...

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Who threw the inbounds that got picked off? I looked away from the TV for a second, I heard the crowd going nuts so I look up and see a Denver player streaking to the basket.

Barry

Tek_XX
04-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Seriously let camby have that shot, i know he has hurt us with it in the past but he's already missed a couple of free throws he's not that hot right now.

Gerryatrics
04-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Camby didn't jump in to Nazr, Nazr jumped in to Camby with the some wrestling looking move and layed him out. I know some of you guys expect homer calls every play, but come on, that wasn't even close.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Camby FT 1 short. FT2 in.

46-37.

Manu layup!

48-37

Denver turnover.

Spurs getting 30 pts from bench.

Rasho in.

Horry bank shot!

50-37

Gerryatrics
Allright,thanks bigbendbruisebrother.

myhc
All MANU ALL THE TIME!

myhc
04-30-2005, 10:45 PM
And even Rasho getting his 6th rebound!!!!!

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Tp rebound.

Rasho hustles for the Parker miss.

Manu fouled no call.

Carmelo putback.

50-39.

Timeout. Spurs ball 39 seconds in half.

beck253
04-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Rasho is playing very well, he even looks alive

UnknownPlayer
04-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Please somebody find Parker's balls!!!
Maybe they're still on the court.

Tek_XX
04-30-2005, 10:48 PM
jeez if wasn't for Tony and Nazr we might have had a 20 point lead!!

Dre_7
04-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Good half!

(Well besides the 3 fouls on Timmy)

myhc
Or still in Eva's..........uh.........you get it.

vincerodriguez23
parker is a ballhog

myhc
but still a very good half considering tim was in foul trouble. we're going up 2-1 boys, i can feel it! :king

Gerryatrics
Too many turnovers. Not a bad half though, hope they keep up the pace in the second half.

Tek_XX
04-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Anybody want to rethink starting nazr over rasho, you'd have to be blind not to notice the better defense that rasho plays

Leetonidas
04-30-2005, 10:51 PM
Manu > Kobe

beck253
I do not agree, TP didn't took that bad last shot because he is a ballhog, he did it because his court vision is mediocre, outright poor for a PG

bigbendbruisebrother
Bowen inbounds to TP to Manu, Horry clanks three attempt. Nugz for last shot.

Rasho blocks Melo who puts back for two.

Parker's shot was goaltended, but ref apparently had his head up his rectum or thought it had no chance of hitting the iron. Option one is more likely.

1.6 seconds left. Denver 20 second timeout. Horry stuff Melo!

Halftime spurs up 50-41 at half.

Manu interviewed about why Spurs lead without Duncan and coming off the bench.

Great quote from Manu: Denver is not a great defensive team. If we make the extra pass we will get wide open shots.

boutons2
04-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Nazr having a bad game. seems to have no clue how to, DONT bring the ball down, etc, etc.

But Nuggets looke like they have nothing to offer, their powder's wet.

The FIZZICAL Nuggets are getting destroyed in RBs, 24 - 15. This mofo's are all talk and no show.

Tek_XX
Tony's a little slow tonight, half the time elapsed in that last pocession before he even crossed mid court.

Spurminator
Parker's shot was goaltended, but ref apparently had his head up his rectum or thought it had no chance of hitting the iron. Option one is more likely.

Travelling was called on Parker before the shot.

boutons2
Spurs winning solidly, and Tim is sitting, a non-factor. excellent!

Obstructed_View
04-30-2005, 10:53 PM
"They're not a very good defensive team"
--Manu Ginobili

CHAMPS AGAIN
TIM 4 points their goes my vbookie money

boutons2
Tony ain't got it tonight. 6 pts, 1 ast,

TwoHandJam
Great half considering Tim played all of 5 minutes but we're going to need a little more than just the Manu show to seal the deal I think. Karl hasn't been doubling him yet but I can feel it's coming soon if he keeps ripping them up.

The guy has been phenomenal but he's getting little to no help. A finger definitely has to be pointed at Parker. Here I thought his consistency had improved a lot this year but it seems he's still up and down in the playoffs where it really matters. If Manu had been off tonight we'd be getting blown out. Very disappointed in him. Hope he turns things around in the second half.

If Tim can appease the refs in the second half with some sort of vodoo we should escape with a win.

bigbendbruisebrother
Hey, is anybody getting anything out of this play by play crap I'm throwing up? If not, I'll stop clogging the thread.

vsnba
Rasho five offesive rebound

TDfan2007
Great half besides Tim and Tony.

Please someone go back to San Antonio and find Tony's game!

btw Tony has the ugliest looking jumper I've ever seen for a gaurd.

As long as Tim doesn't commit stupid fouls we'll be fine in the 2nd half.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2005, 10:54 PM
TIM 4 points their goes my vbookie money
No doubt. If I'd bet that he would score more points I guess he would have just burst into flames right there at midcourt. :)

Leetonidas
I'm really glad to see Rasho in. Maybe Devin'll get some time. :lol

ALVAREZ6
"What an incredible interview. ginobili being honest about his game. criticizing the nuggets defense."
lol
"The Nuggets aren't a great defensive team" - Manu

19 points off the bench in one half proves him right.

gilmor
Think TP has 3 assists

boutons2
Tim will start 2nd half, how long before his 4th foul?

IX_Equilibrium
04-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Someone needs to shove the ball down K. Martin's throat.

ALVAREZ6
04-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Duncan better stay away from foul trouble for the rest of the game...

ALVAREZ6
04-30-2005, 10:56 PM
Tim will start 2nd half, how long before his 4th foul?
not long.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2005, 10:56 PM
Otherwise they might win by 40. :) Seriously, that was a terrible call on the third foul. Martin reacted after Tim reached up for the ball.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:57 PM

Manu has that look about him like in the Clippers and Suns overtime games. If TD continues to stiff, the Spurs could still win this thing.

UnknownPlayer
Tony ain't got it tonight. 6 pts, 1 ast,

Maybe next time we play against Atlanta.

Tobias

heh. The Spurs better score more points than the Nuggets if they want to win. :drunk

Tek_XX
Seriously are the nuggets going to have anything to say about what manu said, he's got the points to prove his point.

Tek_XX
04-30-2005, 10:58 PM
anyone think Duncan leaving early screwed George Karls plans for the evening.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Someone needs to shove the ball down K. Martin's throat.

Kmart is halfway to pulling a vince carter and taking himself out of the game.

Maybe Bruce should guard him a bit.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Tony has a chance in the second half to turn it around. He's been very tentative, like he was in game 1. He's worried about shot blockers when he should just keep penetrating and going up. He's also settling for jumpshots and not committing to them.

boutons2
Manu's playing the bench energy guy to perfection tonight.
Nice move Pop, nice go-along Manu.

TDfan2007
No doubt. If I'd bet that he would score more points I guess he would have just burst into flames right there at midcourt. :)

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

funny stuff, but did you guys see that push call on Tim? It was just plain rediculous, K-Mart totally faked it because he's a pussy and doesn't want to have to gaurd Tim.

Bad news for K-Mart: THERE ARE 2 HALVES TO A BASKETBALL GAME

Gerryatrics
04-30-2005, 11:00 PM
I agree TP isn't really doing much out there. Maybe Pop will play Barry at the backup point a bit in the second half, especially with Manu likely to get more big minutes.

Manu20
04-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Duncan will dominate the 3rd quarter.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 11:01 PM
anyone think Duncan leaving early screwed George Karls plans for the evening.

Holy shit yes! Denver has looked totally out of it on defense since TD left. Good karma.

The other thing I'm really digging about the spurs tonight is that they're getting shit for calls, but they're not whining, they're getting it done and they're winning.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Manu's playing the bench energy guy to perfection tonight.
Nice move Pop, nice go-along Manu.
Yep, this was even more important tonight than game 2, because the Spurs were having trouble with the first three minutes of the game, and Manu came in and corrected the whole thing. Amazing.

donkey2400
04-30-2005, 11:03 PM
bigbendbruisebrother,

please keep doing the play by play. Thanks

JUUOT
taking the time to post during halftime. it is only the third game i watch this year since i just got TV (student life is replaced by work=money=TV= spurs!!!!)
I think manu was red hot, but what about rasho!!! he really brings something to this team. he is amazing being the defense anchor without timmy. you can see he wants it
special props to horry too.
hopefully udrih covers for tony. to TP credit at least miller and boykins are not great either tonight

Tek_XX
I liked the no call on manu's jumper that was like a foot short of the rim. I wonder if that ref really believed that manu shot an airball.

TDfan2007
04-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Duncan will dominate the 3rd quarter.

doubtful with the way the game is being officiated today :depressed

bigbendbruisebrother
I agree TP isn't really doing much out there. Maybe Pop will play Barry at the backup point a bit in the second half, especially with Manu likely to get more big minutes.

I agree with your agreement. I'd like to see Barry at point with Manu at 2. Beno was playing well offensively, but he was getting beat badly by Boykins.

boutons2
Manu 19 pts, next Spurs 6 pts. It's worse on the Denver side.

Weird game, no Tim, Nuggets flat, Spurs business-like.

3rd qtr will show whether the Nuggets have anything more to say tonight.

Obstructed_View
The other thing I'm really digging about the spurs tonight is that they're getting shit for calls, but they're not whining, they're getting it done and they're winning.
Good point. Play through it and you don't have to worry about calls because you'll put it out of reach.

Manu20
04-30-2005, 11:05 PM
doubtful with the way the game is being officiated today :depressed
BELIEVE

Obstructed_View
04-30-2005, 11:06 PM
I think manu was red hot, but what about rasho!!! he really brings something to this team. he is amazing being the defense anchor without timmy. you can see he wants it
Oh yeah. Big profanity out to you who've been bad mouthing Rasho over the last few weeks.

polandprzem
04-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey I just woke up.

Why Tim played just 6 mintutes? Foul trouble?

myhc
04-30-2005, 11:08 PM
here we go.....

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 11:09 PM
TD off mark.

Miller 3 second violation.

Foul on Carmelo over TD's back. Still 50-41 spurs.

TP asleep, Nazr throws it over his head.

myhc
Woohoo! foul on the better looking Anthony in the arena!

TDfan2007
Tim looks totally out of rhythm right now

myhc
04-30-2005, 11:10 PM
good thing andre is sticking up the joint worse than tony.

Supergirl
04-30-2005, 11:10 PM
Hey I just woke up.

Why Tim played just 6 mintutes? Foul trouble?

I was wondering the same thing. I just came back from a late night showing of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Excellent flick. Go see it. (read the book, too, if you haven't)

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Denver returns favor. Spurs ball.

Duncan misses again after some sweet ball movement. Nazr rebounds and is fouled going up.

FT 1, no.
FT 2, no,

Duncan rebounds! Duncan miss. Nazr putback.

52-41 spurs.

TDfan2007
bullshit traveling call on Tony

bigbendbruisebrother
Denver miss.

TP called for travelling. Pop pissed at Parker.

bigbendbruisebrother
Ole! Kmart dunks.

myhc
04-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Tony wants to finish this game quickly b/c eva is waiting in his hotel room.

TDfan2007
wow... Tim wayyy off on a 2 footer :pctoss

TDfan2007
Spurs comming out flat here in the second half

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Duncan misses again. TAKE HIM OUT!!!

Miller drives and is fouled by TP. Miller at line 1-2.

52-44 Spurs.

NAZR TURNS IT OVER AGAIN!

polandprzem
Tim miss after miss

Spurminator
Starters are playing like garbage pretty much across the board.

Tek_XX
Nazr Needs To Leave

myhc
both of these teams are looking UUUUUUGLY

TDfan2007
04-30-2005, 11:14 PM
parker w/ the jumper!

bigbendbruisebrother
Martin takes it to Duncan and scores off the bank.

Parker answers with nice jumper.

Frustration foul on Melo. The Rash arises!

54-46 Spurs

myhc
Another foul on the better looking anthony in the arena

TDfan2007
04-30-2005, 11:15 PM
bad call on Anthony... and boykins

Refs have heads up collective asses on both ends of the floor

bigbendbruisebrother
Parker fouled by Bokins posting him! That was funny.

Duncan misses everything. Jesus.

TDfan2007
Tim looks horrible, well... there goes my vbookie money

myhc
Tim!!!! :depressed :pctoss

bigbendbruisebrother
04-30-2005, 11:16 PM
Boykins sweet putback. 54-48

Manu drives AND THE FOUL!!!!

FUCK YEAH!