sefant77
02-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Without Hickson of course, im sure.

djohn2oo8
02-17-2010, 06:33 PM
This deal will only be epic if the Knicks still give us those two picks

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 06:33 PM
How come it's not on the Post's website???

TheMACHINE
02-17-2010, 06:34 PM
link or it didnt happen

LakerHater
02-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Cavs Make Deal For Jamison? (http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64795/20100217/cavs_make_deal_for_jamison/)

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Jamison_Antawn_was_090126.jpg Feb 17, 2010 6:31 PM EST

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/team/cle_40.gifThe Cavaliers have acquired Antawn Jamison from the Wizards, according to the Washington Post.
The deal is possibly a three-way with Drew Gooden being sent to a Western Conference team.
The Wizards will receive Zydrunas Ilgauskas and a 1st round pick, according to the source.
Via Michael Lee/Washington Post (http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0fq6B7DD5 (http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0fq6B7DD5)

Jeremy
Probably means Amare stays a Sun.

Jeremy
Well Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting it: http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider

But nothing on the Post's website, so????

Pistons < Spurs
02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
PostSports

RT @MrMichaelLee: Source told me the #Wizards are close to a 3-team trade that will send Jamison to CLE and Gooden to a West. Conf tm #NBA

RT @MrMichaelLee: #Wizards are believed to be getting back Zydrunas Ilgauskas & a 1st round pick, according to the source. #NBA

baseline bum
02-17-2010, 06:38 PM
LOL Tardemire. No trade for you, son.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 06:40 PM
This deal will only be epic if the Knicks still give us those two picks
I think this trade makes the Cavs a better team. With the rumored Amare trade, JJ hickson was the principal player in the deal but with Jamison it was rumored to be Z and Moon. Ilgauskas will most likely be bought out by Washington and he's expected to return to Cleveland in 30 days.

Mo Williams
Delonte West/Anthony Parker/Daniel Gibson
Lebron James
Antawn Jamison/Varejao/JJ Hickson
Shaq/Ilgauskas

Thats a scary line. Furthermore, the addition of Jamison gives Cleveland that coveted "stretch 4" which opens the lane for Lebron to drive to the hole or for Shaq to do his stuff at the post. With Amare, I think they're much more limited as a team because he can never keep defense honest because of his shorter range.

Lakers should be ver concerned with this line up. With Jamison roaming the perimeter, Gasol or Odom cannot afford to leave him open.

TIMMYD!
02-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Just give them the trophy, I suppose.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Probably means Amare stays a Sun.
NO, it means Amare will be a Heat.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Just give them the trophy, I suppose.
Pretty much.

TheMACHINE
02-17-2010, 06:46 PM
I think this trade makes the Cavs a better team. With the rumored Amare trade, JJ hickson was the principal player in the deal but with Jamison it was rumored to be Z and Moon. Ilgauskas will most likely be bought out by Washington and he's expected to return to Cleveland in 30 days.

Mo Williams
Delonte West/Anthony Parker/Daniel Gibson
Lebron James
Antawn Jamison/Varejao/JJ Hickson
Shaq/Ilgauskas

Thats a scary line. Furthermore, the addition of Jamison gives Cleveland that coveted "stretch 4" which opens the lane for Lebron to drive to the hole or for Shaq to do his stuff at the post. With Amare, I think they're much more limited as a team because he can never keep defense honest because of his shorter range.

Lakers should be ver concerned with this line up. With Jamison roaming the perimeter, Gasol or Odom cannot afford to leave him open.

Less minutes for Varejao, the better for us Lakers fans. Varejao and Z are the ones who give the Lakers trouble, thats why i didnt mind Amare joining the Cavs, cuz Bynum and Gasol would just punk him.

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 06:46 PM

I doubt it. Those talks haven't heated up today. (no pun intended)

djohn2oo8
02-17-2010, 06:47 PM

The Knicks' summer plans are falling apart before our very eyes

Pistons < Spurs
WojYahooNBA

Cleveland has agreed in principle to deal for Washington's Antawn Jamison, two sources confirm to Y! Sports. Wash Post first reported it.

WojYahooNBA

Cleveland, Washington and the Clippers have completed a three-team trade, sources tell Y! Sports.

ClippersDynasty
What a joke. They don't give up Hickson and they get Z back, so they really are getting him for NOTHING, literally. I hate the current state of the NBA.

Shank
02-17-2010, 06:48 PM
What are the pieces?

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Jamison for 30th draft pick.

This is worse than the Gasol trade!

Pistons < Spurs
02-17-2010, 06:51 PM
WojYahooNBA

Cavs get Jamison and Telfair, Clippers get Drew Gooden and Wash gets Illgauskas, Al Thornton and Brian Skinner and Cavs 1st round pick.

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 06:51 PM
That's an ILLEGAL trade. They can't trade GOODEN with other player(s)!!

HarlemHeat37
02-17-2010, 06:52 PM
I don't mind the Cavs at all, but if Big Z returns to Cleveland, this smells like collusion too..

The current NBA is kind of funny..you would think the worst teams would have more assets to trade for better players..it's the complete opposite, where the best teams are getting the better players..I understand that it's partly due to the fact that they're more willing to take back bad salary like Jamison, but it's still kind of BS IMO..

Overall, it's a pretty good trade for the Cavs..Jamison is overrated, but he's a good player that gives them more versatility in the frontcourt..he's a huge defensive liability though, Bynum and Gasol both routinely abuse him, but it could be different in the Cavs system, which is the best defensive system in the NBA today..this will also be the first time that Lebron has a legit #2 option next to him, so it should be interesting..

Mike D
02-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Wow.

Cavs gave up a 30th overall pick and a 30 day timeout of Z for Jamison?

Jesus, makes the Gasol deal look like the Lakers way overpaid.

djohn2oo8
02-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Clippers are fucking retarded....Al Thorton for Drew Gooden?!?

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 06:54 PM
There's some really weird/wrong things with this trade...

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Less minutes for Varejao, the better for us Lakers fans. Varejao and Z are the ones who give the Lakers trouble, thats why i didnt mind Amare joining the Cavs, cuz Bynum and Gasol would just punk him.
I think it will be less minutes for JJ Hickson not Varejao.

The Knicks' summer plans are falling apart before our very eyes
Yeah. Seriously lol.

I doubt it. Those talks haven't heated up today. (no pun intended)

We'll see, but his agent and Kerr failed to agree on an extension. Right now, its either the Suns let Amare walk for nothing or trade him for something as low as a 1st round pick and a qualifying contract. I think since the Cavs have officialy committed to Jamison, Pat Riley has all the cards. Kerr is such a dumbass.

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 06:55 PM
LOL!!! Windhorst now saying it could include Outlaw or Blake! That makes it even more ILLEGAL.

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 06:56 PM
We'll see, but his agent and Kerr failed to agree on an extension. Right now, its either the Suns let Amare walk for nothing or trade him for something as low as a 1st round pick and a qualifying contract. I think since the Cavs have officialy committed to Jamison, Pat Riley has all the cards. Kerr is such a dumbass.

Exactly, but I think the Suns wouldn't have told Cavs no, and would have made that deal, if they were going to trade Amare.

crc21209
02-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Cue Stoudemire to Miami now...

ChrisRichards
I forgot. Leon "Lakers killer" Powe is also scheduled to come back this season. Damn, thats a pretty tough frontline. :lol

DazedAndConfused
:lmao at all you morons who complained about the Gasol trade.

Cavs are basically getting Jamison for the #30 pick in the draft. If THAT isn't highway robbery I don't know what is.

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Is it the team Execs. or these idiot reporters that are so stupid they are coming up with these illegal trades (Gooden/Outlaw/Blake)???

bostonguy
02-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Badass! I just won 100 bucks. Thank god it wasn't Amare. I would have lost money. That being said, Cavs have a team that is built to win for this year and MAYBE next year.

ChrisRichards
Exactly, but I think the Suns wouldn't have told Cavs no, and would have made that deal, if they were going to trade Amare.
Yeah, someone screwed up. My finger is poiting at Kerr at the moment. Dude just basically destroyed the Phoenix franchise. I wont be surprise to see Steve Nash traded to the Cavs next season for Mike James, a filler and a second round pick :lol

Ice009
:lmao at all you morons who complained about the Gasol trade.

Cavs are basically getting Jamison for the #30 pick in the draft. If THAT isn't highway robbery I don't know what is.

It's a bullshit trade if true, but Jamison isn't one of the most skilled bigmen on the planet.

The caliber of player Gasol is still makes the Lakers trade worse. You put Jamison on the Lakers for the 30th draft pick only and the Lakers are still not anywhere near as good as they are with Gasol. It's a robbery trade, but you gotta look at the actual player too.

kamikazi_player
am i the only one that thinks this trade is pretty bad? I'd rather have Amar'e then Jamison. Jamison is probably not going to play very well in Cleveland.

Pistons < Spurs
Cavs strike deal for Wizards’ Jamison (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-jamisontrade021710&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached agreement on a six-player, three-team trade that lands them former All-Star forward Antawn Jamison, league sources with knowledge of the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

The Cavaliers are sending center Zydrunas Ilgauskas and a first-round pick to the Wizards. The Wizards also will receive Brian Skinner and Al Thornton from the Los Angeles Clippers. The Cavaliers will get point guard Sebastian Telfair from the Clippers. The Wizards will send Drew Gooden to the Clippers.

The Washington Post first reported the Wizards had agreed to send Jamison to the Cavaliers.

Rogue
02-17-2010, 07:03 PM
LOL Tardemire. No trade for you, son.
then what do you think the future Hall of Famer Hickson is reserved for? Cavs didn't lose him for getting Jamison but he's still leaving Cleveland anyway on a move to Phoenix packed with Z.

FOUR RINGS, FAGGOTS.

DazedAndConfused
02-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Trading a quality player in Jamison for essentially nothing is the epitome of stupid.

It really puts the whole MEM/LAL deal into perspective. Of course I sincerely doubt we'll hear fans getting as irate about this one since it doesn't involve the Lakers. Gotta love Spur fans lack of objectivity.

Pistons < Spurs
02-17-2010, 07:04 PM
WojYahooNBA

The Clippersplan to buyout Drew Gooden's contract and allow him to become a free agent, a league source told Y! Sports.

bostonguy
02-17-2010, 07:05 PM
am i the only one that thinks this trade is pretty bad? I'd rather have Amar'e then Jamison. Jamison is probably not going to play very well in Cleveland.

Jamison is also nearly 34 years old. He is still a good player but not a player for the long haul. Amare would have cemented that sidekick for Lebron for years to come. Not so much with Jamison.

TheMACHINE
02-17-2010, 07:06 PM
It's a bullshit trade if true, but Jamison isn't one of the most skilled bigmen on the planet.

The caliber of player Gasol is still makes the Lakers trade worse. You put Jamison on the Lakers for the 30th draft pick only and the Lakers are still not anywhere near as good as they are with Gasol. It's a robbery trade, but you gotta look at the actual player too.

Gasol only became relevent when he joined the Lakers...noone gave a rats ass about gasol when he only made it into the playoffs once and failed to win a playoff game. Let alone became an all star only once too.

Bukefal
02-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Interesting trade. Stoudemire to Miami then.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Holy fuck. If Im Washington I would not buy out Zydrunas' contract to fuck with the Cavs, but at this point I think its safe to assume that Grunfeld and Ferry had a wink-wink deal before the trade went down. If Im a Wiz fan I would be seriously upset. I just let our GM help a division rivals win a title :lmao

bostonguy
02-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Gasol was also 27-28 years old when he got traded to the Lakers. Jamison is 33 going on 34 years old after being dealt to the Cavs.

kamikazi_player
02-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Jamison is also nearly 34 years old. He is still a good player but not a player for the long haul. Amare would have cemented that sidekick for Lebron for years to come. Not so much with Jamison.
Yeah exactly, Jamison's numbers are not that bad, but i'll doubt he puts up the same numbers in Cleveland. Plus the Wizards run a different system then Washington, I dunno if he'll adapt. If this is the best Cleveland can do, well say bye to James.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 07:09 PM

Memphis obviously got a better deal. Hindsight, they got Darrell Arthur, Marc Gasol and a cap space to sign Zach Randolph in the process.

Wizards got a 30th pick who will most likely be waived lol.

TheMACHINE
02-17-2010, 07:09 PM
The only think i dont like about this trade is that Z can easily come back. Z, Varejao and Shaq gives the Lakers fits.

Ice009
02-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Gasol was also 27-28 years old when he got traded to the Lakers. Jamison is 33 going on 34 years old after being dealt to the Cavs.

Gasol trade is still one of the worst of all time. The only way this would be the same or worse is if it was Amare for a draft pick.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Another scenario. Cleveland does'nt win a title, Lebron bolts somewhere else.

Cavs build around JJ Hickson and is stuck with old ass Jamisons' contract for a few more years. Man this trade scenarios are pure comedy. lololol.

Pistons < Spurs
02-17-2010, 07:12 PM
WojYahooNBA

The Wizards also get the rights to former Cavs pick, Emil Preldzic, a source said.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Adding salt to injury^

:lmao

sefant77
Another scenario. Cleveland does'nt win a title, Lebron bolts somewhere else.

Cavs build around JJ Hickson and is stuck with old ass Jamisons' contract for a few more years. Man this trade scenarios are pure comedy. lololol.

Cavs win, James did his duty in Cleveland and goes NY/NJ and Cavs have a bunch of overpaid 2nd/3rd stringer with long contracts :lol

milkshakeballa
I really am skeptical at this point

The Clippera are going to trade Thorton for Gooden and then are going to buy him out???

LMAO.....Clippers are incredibly dumb...and are really down on Thorton....

But naw....they aint that dumb...

kamikazi_player
02-17-2010, 07:17 PM

The Clippera are going to trade Thorton for Gooden and then are going to buy him out???

But naw....they aint that dumb...
Thornton is not that good, i watched him play and his basketball IQ is pretty bad. However, Gooden is no better than Thornton either. Clippers probably could have done better.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Cavs win, James did his duty in Cleveland and goes NY/NJ and Cavs have a bunch of overpaid 2nd/3rd stringer with long contracts :lol
:lol:lol:lol

Knicks build around Jordan Hill and Galinari.

:rollin

ffadicted
02-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Jamison for the 30th pick in the draft is a pretty damn good deal for the Cavs I'd say....

wtf

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Yes, no trade for Amare.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Great trade for Cleveland.

Pistons < Spurs
02-17-2010, 07:27 PM
chadfordinsider

What if Danny Ferry just made the deal that gives the Clipps enough room to steal LeBron?

milkshakeballa
02-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Thornton is not that good, i watched him play and his basketball IQ is pretty bad. However, Gooden is no better than Thornton either. Clippers probably could have done better.

I have watched him play a lot mroe than you have. He has regressed since coming into the league. He IQ is pretty bad. But...he isn't the type of talent you just GIVE away...

Kamnik
02-17-2010, 07:33 PM
You got to hate yourself to be a Clipper fan...

23LeBronJames23
02-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Great trade for Cleveland especially if they get Big Z back. 1st round pick for AJ and Telfair aint that bad.

namlook
02-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Popovich has now commented on this trade.

"What they did in Washington is beyond comprehension," he told SI.com "There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I'd like to elect myself to that committee. I would have voted no to the Cleveland trade."

sefant77
02-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Thornton is brainfart that just can score and nothing else. So nothing special.

Damn i hope the Wiz can void Arenas, he fucked with them the last 2 years and probably the next 3 depending on the drafts...

kamikazi_player
02-17-2010, 07:41 PM
I have watched him play a lot mroe than you have. He has regressed since coming into the league. He IQ is pretty bad. But...he isn't the type of talent you just GIVE away...
It doesn't matter who watched the scrub more. But the fact is that he seems like he can score alot of points one game, and the next he's scoring like 5 points. His defense is not all that good either. So it's not all that bad giving up Thornton, but they could do better than Gooden

JoeTait75
02-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Jamison for nothing? Since there's about a 95 percent chance Z is coming back in 30 days? And the Cavaliers get to keep J.J. on the off chance he turns into a stud? Hell yeah.

Xylus
02-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Son of a bitch, this is fantastic news.

NBAdime
02-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Yes, no trade for Amare.

Well, there is still JJ Hickson, Danny Green, first round picks and cash consideration.

milkshakeballa
02-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Jamison for nothing? Since there's about a 95 percent chance Z is coming back in 30 days? And the Cavaliers get to keep J.J. on the off chance he turns into a stud? Hell yeah.

Can't wait til you fuckign disappear when lebron bolts bitch

JoeTait75
02-17-2010, 08:05 PM

:lol

Just pray the Cavaliers don't take down the Lake Show in the Finals, son. I'll make sure you never hear the end of it.

ClippersDynasty
02-17-2010, 08:05 PM

:lmao

Bob Lanier
02-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Hm. Jamison's better than Stoudemire, and a better fit too. Good news for the Cavaliers' fans.

lefty
02-17-2010, 08:08 PM
WTF Cavs

milkshakeballa
02-17-2010, 08:10 PM
My mistake though earlier

Now that tyhe clips have gotten rid of thorton and bassy - depending on where the cap ends up....they might be able to offer a MAX deal...within a mil of it

RedsLakers24
02-17-2010, 08:11 PM
hope they release Big Z and he goes to the spurs so the Cavs wont get him. Big Z with Duncan could stop the Lakers Bynum and Gasol

milkshakeballa
02-17-2010, 08:11 PM

Just pray the Cavaliers don't take down the Lake Show in the Finals, son. I'll make sure you never hear the end of it.

dont talk until you make it to the finals bitch....dont want you to get anally fucking raped by SVG again piece of shit

never going let you hear the end of lebron boltin bitch

oh thats right there will be no such thing as a fuckign cavs fan then and you will fuckign disappear you faggot bitch

JoeTait75
02-17-2010, 08:12 PM
dont talk until you make it to the finals bitch....dont want you to get anally fucking raped by SVG again piece of shit

oh thats right there will be no such thing as a fuckign cavs fan then and you will fuckign disappear you faggot bitch

So I take it you thought it was a good trade for the Cavaliers, then?

j.dizzle
02-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Sons, Hova & Bron already went apartment shopping on 5th ave.

RedsLakers24
02-17-2010, 08:14 PM
So I take it you thought it was a good trade for the Cavaliers, then?

we still dont know, the Dallas trade looks good on paper but not on the court, so i recommend not talking until you make to the finals

JoeTait75
02-17-2010, 08:15 PM
we still dont know, the Dallas trade looks good on paper but not on the court, so i recommend not talking until you make to the finals

I recommend you root for a better baseball team.

crc21209
02-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Source: Clippers will NOT buy out Drew Gooden. They are keeping him. Updates as they happen on NBA.com, on Sekou Smith's Hang Time Blog.

http://twitter.com/daldridgetnt

RedsLakers24
02-17-2010, 08:19 PM
I recommend you root for a better baseball team.

haha i will never root for another baseball team, i love the reds, i dont care if they suck, im not like u once Lebron leaves u will root for another team because the cavs will suck

Josepatches_
02-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Gooden will be a free agent so it's not necessary to buy out him

Clippers could land one of the big names next summer.
Now they can offer the MAX.They are in LA.They have Kaman-Griffin in the frontcourt and Davis-Gordon in the backcourt.IMO they arent a bad place.

It wasn't a bad move for the Clippers.Better than trade Camby

ginobili's bald spot

Thornton sucks man. I'm not saying it's a good move by the Clips but that guy sucks.

milkshakeballa
haha i will never root for another baseball team, i love the reds, i dont care if they suck, im not like u once Lebron leaves u will root for another team because the cavs will suck

this...ofrget that piece of shit reds....stick with your team.

once lebron bolts this fagget is goin be a fuckign laker fan my god how sickening

milkshakeballa
02-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Thornton sucks man. I'm not saying it's a good move by the Clips but that guy sucks.

Manu

it is a good deal

they can now offer a max contract for this off season AS LONG AS the cap doesnt drop too far....it will be close....

lurker
02-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Source: Clippers will NOT buy out Drew Gooden. They are keeping him. Updates as they happen on NBA.com, on Sekou Smith's Hang Time Blog.

http://twitter.com/daldridgetnt
:depressed I was kinda hoping we'd get him back.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 08:29 PM

Panic mode bitch?

Deep down, you know the Cavs fucked themselves, but you won't say it because your Laker hate is full to the brim.
Eh, Ive been pretty fair in this or any other Cleveland/Washinton thread son. I haven't spit any Kobe/Laker hate so far. Props to me. :toast

bostonguy
02-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Manu

it is a good deal

they can now offer a max contract for this off season AS LONG AS the cap doesnt drop too far....it will be close....

Cavs can still offer Lebron the most money. Bron isn't going anywhere. He won't go to New York where he will be 2nd to the Yanks. Plus that situation isn't better. He won't go to the Clips where he will be 2nd to the Lakers. He isn't going to the Nets because that situation isn't any better. He is staying a Cav for the money and home comfort.

bostonguy
Deep down, you know the Cavs fucked themselves, but you won't say it because your Laker hate is full to the brim.

They did fuck themselves for the long haul but certainly not the next year and a half.

milkshakeballa
Panic mode bitch?

I don't respond to trolls....simple as that.

milkshakeballa
02-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Cavs can still offer Lebron the most money. Bron isn't going anywhere. He won't go to New York where he will be 2nd to the Yanks. Plus that situation isn't better. He won't go to the Clips where he will be 2nd to the Lakers. He isn't going to the Nets because that situation isn't any better. He is staying a Cav for the money and home comfort.

lol boston your a solid poster...but I think ti really depends on how CLE finishes this year....I honestly thin kas of this point he has no idea what he is going to do

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 08:34 PM
You just did.:rolleyes

bostonguy
02-17-2010, 08:37 PM
lol boston your a solid poster...but I think ti really depends on how CLE finishes this year....I honestly thin kas of this point he has no idea what he is going to do

The thing is the Knicks/Nets aren't better situations. They will have cap space but he is better off staying in Cleveland if it comes down to those 3 choices. Bron as a clip? I just don't see him being on a team that will automatically come 2nd fiddle to the Lakers.

Bron is playing the field. He will sign a max contract with the Cavs this summer. I'd be shocked if he bolts. $$$ talks at the end. I don't see him taking a paycut.

j.dizzle
02-17-2010, 08:39 PM
:lol When the Knicks are relevant again that stuff wont matter. Do you understand the type of attention a player like Bron would get in a crazy city like NY..A player his age & love for attention would have an orgasm everyday in a city like that..Like i said, Hova & Bron driving through Times square in matching maybachs & a police escort. Thats some tough shit to pass up..A penthouse with a view of your own chosen one billboards :lol that would be ridiculous hahaha

bostonguy
02-17-2010, 08:42 PM
:lol When the Knicks are relevant again that stuff wont matter. Do you understand the type of attention a player like Bron would get in a crazy city like NY..A player his age & love for attention would have an orgasm everyday in a city like that..Like i said, Hova & Bron driving through Times square in matching maybachs & a police escort. Thats some tough shit to pass up..A penthouse with a view of your own chosen one billboards :lol that would be ridiculous hahaha

Hell yes Bron would be getting mad love in New York. The thing is the Yanks have ALWAYS been the #1 sports team in New York. Lebron isn't going to top that especially since the Yanks just won the world series. Bron will be huge but he himself won't make the Yanks 2nd place. I just don't see it.

milkshakeballa
02-17-2010, 08:42 PM

ye man....i live in la and lvoe the westcoast...but fuck if i was bron my ass would be eating lunch on the upper westside every motherfucking day next season...no toher palce like nyc

Pistons < Spurs
02-17-2010, 08:48 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ

RT @espn_macmahon: Dampier might be out a month; Mavs hope to sign Ilgauskas if he gets buyout from Wizards. http://bit.ly/9LlvV8

Jeremy
02-17-2010, 08:49 PM
KTAR's Gambo and Ash said that the Suns claim the Cavs refused to include Hickson, thus no deal.

cobbler
02-17-2010, 08:52 PM

Will be a great matchup if it happens. Neither team is guaranteed a slot in the finals.

cobbler
02-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Home court advantage, providing the Laksrs and Cavs make it, will be crucial!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 08:56 PM
A lot of butt hurt people in this thread.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 08:58 PM
KTAR's Gambo and Ash said that the Suns claim the Cavs refused to include Hickson, thus no deal.
JJ Hickson=Next Tim Duncan

JoeTait75
02-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Will be a great matchup if it happens. Neither team is guaranteed a slot in the finals.

Oh, I know that. That's why I said "if." When I'm talking back to trolls who randomly flame, don't take it as some kind of blanket slam on your basketball team.

Bob Lanier
02-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Mavs hope to sign Ilgauskas? Ah, finally that replacement for Shawn Bradley the Markiemark's been searching for.

bostonguy
02-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Home court advantage, providing the Laksrs and Cavs make it, will be crucial!

I really don't get why people overrate the fuck out of home court. If you are unable to win crucial games on the road, forget about being champs. Great teams are able to win anywhere. Yeah it is an advantage to some extent but the better team wins. Saying you lost because you didn't have homecourt is a cop out excuse.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 09:11 PM
I really don't get why people overrate the fuck out of home court. If you are unable to win crucial games on the road, forget about being champs. Great teams are able to win anywhere. Yeah it is an advantage to some extent but the better team wins. Saying you lost because you didn't have homecourt is a cop out excuse.
Historically, the odds are against you if you dont have HCA. And in an era where home cooking calls are at its finest, it plays a crucial role. But I agree, HCA should not be a hindrance to winning a championship.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Lebron's supporting cast > Kobe's

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Going to be fucking hilarious when Orlando shits all over Cleveland in the ECF again.

cobbler
02-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Oh, I know that. That's why I said "if." When I'm talking back to trolls who randomly flame, don't take it as some kind of blanket slam on your basketball team.

No problem. I just love how everyone has the two in the finals with half a season to go and so much that can happen to change everything. We are all one little injury away from 2nd round exits. :toast

Scola
02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Cleveland got a good deal, an expiring contract in biz Z (who might go back to them) + a late 1st round, for an offensive guy like Jamison and a solid PG. Not Bad, Good trade for CLE.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Lebron's supporting cast > Kobe's

Slight edge still goes to LA because they are top heavy but its not as lopsided as it used to be considering the overall depth of Cleveland.

picc84
02-17-2010, 09:20 PM
And yet LA refuses to trade Derek "Brick" Fisher for Kirk Hinrich out of "loyalty". :lmao

Scola
02-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Clippers are fucking retarded....Al Thorton for Drew Gooden?!?

The Clippers aren't even trying anymore. :lmao

FkLA
02-17-2010, 09:23 PM
1.Jamison is not as good as Gasol.
2.Jamison is about to turn 34 and still has a lot of money owed to him, Gasol meanwhile was like 26 when he got traded to LA.
3.You cant ignore the circumstances the Wizards are under, theyre having a fire sale there. Theyre trying to start over from scratch after the Arenas fiasco.

Im not going to say its a great trade for Washington, but you Laker fans saying this trade "makes it look like the Lakers overpaid for Gasol" are retarded. Not many teams are willing to pay 34 yr old Jamison whats owed to him, while there were many teams willing to pay Gasol what was owed to him.

cobbler
02-17-2010, 09:24 PM

I completely agree with you on the overrating and it should not be a determining factor in winning the title. All great teams must be able to win on the road. However, in a 7th game, should it get there, the homecourt would be crucial IMO.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 09:37 PM
1.Jamison is not as good as Gasol.
2.Jamison is about to turn 34 and still has a lot of money owed to him, Gasol meanwhile was like 26 when he got traded to LA.
3.You cant ignore the circumstances the Wizards are under, theyre having a fire sale there. Theyre trying to start over from scratch after the Arenas fiasco.

Im not going to say its a great trade for Washington, but you Laker fans saying this trade "makes it look like the Lakers overpaid for Gasol" are retarded. Not many teams are willing to pay 34 yr old Jamison whats owed to him, while there were many teams willing to pay Gasol what was owed to him.
You dont understand. This is not about money. Its about winning a title to convince Lebron to stay.

picc84
02-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Boston is going to end their season in one of Paul Pierce's custom wheelchairs. Orlando is riding on the heart and will of Vince Carter. Atlanta is too inconsistent. The only speedbumps on the way to a Cavs championship this year are Denver and LA, and they're only going to have play one of them.

You cant say Cleveland fans don't deserve to be excited, they've gone through a lot. But on the other hand, fuck Cleveland. I'm pretty sure Ferry contacted the makers of Space Jam to see if any of the Monstars were available, he pretty much was willing to sell his soul to keep Lebron, and it still might not work.

ShoogarBear
02-17-2010, 09:51 PM
The six Wizards fans in the world are trying to get their heads around Jamison playing for the Cavs. The Wiz and Cavs have had a lot of bad blood over the past four years. It's almost like the Spurs trading with the Mavs. Too bad the Wiz didn't try to trade DeShawn Stevenson to Cleveland--that would have been hilarious.

Ernie Grunfeld is just getting rid of players without any kind of plan. They are getting cap space, but no good draft picks, and who the hell is going to sign with the Wiz as a free agent?

FkLA
02-17-2010, 09:52 PM
You dont understand. This is not about money. Its about winning a title to convince Lebron to stay.

Oh I understand, and I like this move alot for Cleveland short-term...which is all that really matters considering Bron might jet in the off-season. My post was directed at Laker fans bitching about this being a bigger robbery than the Gasol trade, which is BS.

Killakobe81
02-17-2010, 10:27 PM
I love it ...bring it Cavs ...
My only issue Clips screwing L.A again ...LOL
isnt their play bad enough?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-17-2010, 10:53 PM
So Washington effectively traded Jamison for Thornton and a 1st!? They couldn't get more than that??? WTF?

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 11:00 PM
So Washington effectively traded Jamison for Thornton and a 1st!? They couldn't get more than that??? WTF?
Considering its a huge salary dump and the fact that the Wiz are into full rebuilding mode, this one's not too bad anymore. You have to remember that Washington is not going to get any big name FA next year.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Considering its a huge salary dump and the fact that the Wiz are into full rebuilding mode, this one's not too bad anymore. You have to remember that Washington is not going to get any big name FA next year.

They could have gotten more picks or at least Hickson or something.

Trade is way worse than the Gasol trade ever was. Yet people aren't bitching about it because Lebron isn't Kobe and he's not on the Lakers.

Hypocritical. The whole lot of ya's. :lol

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 11:09 PM

Trade is way worse than the Gasol trade ever was. Yet people aren't bitching about it because Lebron isn't Kobe and he's not on the Lakers.

Hickson is a scrub just like Thornton. Again, salary dump for a 33 yr old whose skills are detoriating. Not rocket science. Comprende?

Delonte West
02-17-2010, 11:10 PM

Gasol was fuckin 25 or sum shit years old.
While AJ is 1O years or sum shit older than that.
Wizards are rebuilding their team so they did this trade just to get more cap space.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-17-2010, 11:13 PM

I would have thought they'd get at least one good young player for him.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-17-2010, 11:14 PM
25? HAHAHAHAHA, no.

Marc Gasol is already a top tier western conference center.

Delonte West
02-17-2010, 11:16 PM
25? HAHAHAHAHA, no.

Marc Gasol is already a top tier western conference center.

We talkin bout his older sister Pau. dumass

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 11:21 PM
I would have thought they'd get at least one good young player for him.
I get what you're saying. Right now, it is a bad trade in terms of value. We'll see what Washington will do. For all we know Wizards may end up with a Boozer type of talent this offseason or package Thornton somewhere else. That late 20's pick they got from Cleveland could also turn out to be a steal.

FkLA
02-17-2010, 11:23 PM

Look up Jamison's contract and the money thats owed to him. Than tell me how many teams were willing to take on that contract considering he's almost 34 yrs old. Gasol on the other hand was in his prime when he was traded, with numerous teams that wouldve taken him and his contract on. Alot of which didnt even get to send their offers in. This isnt a good trade for Washington by any means but to compare it to the Gasol trade is retarded.

Smooth Criminal
02-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Damn Shaq and Jameson for NOTHING. And people bitch about the Gasol trade???

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 11:33 PM
With NBA rules prohibiting teams from negotiating predetermined agreements in regards to waivers, Cleveland was forced to trade Zydrunas Ilgauskas to Washington with the hope that he would be bought out and return in 30 days.
The Mavericks have already expressed an interest in Ilgauskas if he's waived and he could prove valuable to the Wizards to use as an expiring contract.
The Wizards currently have over $33M in pure expiring contracts, which they could conceivably use in trades similar to the one Houston has been negotiating with the Knicks over the past few days.
That figure does not include Josh Howard's $10.89M for 09-10. Howard's contract includes a team option for just over $11.8 million for 10-11.
It is not yet clear what GM Ernie Grunfeld's intentions are in regards to the hours leading up to the 3:00 PM EST deadline, but his options are infinite.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64810/20100217/wizards_now_have_over_$33m_in_expiring_contracts/#ixzz0frIAFG9W (http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64810/20100217/wizards_now_have_over_$33m_in_expiring_contracts/#ixzz0frIAFG9W)

??

Again. Salary Dump. That was the plan. Jamison is not getting a lot of offers that fits the Wizards plan. This trade makes a whole lot of sense for a team who basically is on a fire sale.

RedsLakers24
02-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Again. Salary Dump. That was the plan. Jamison is not getting a lot of offers that fits the Wizards plan. This trade makes a whole lot of sense for a team who basically is on a fire sale.

that was the plan for Memphis too, but alot of people stil bitch about the trade

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 01:45 PM
this will also be the first time that Lebron has a legit #2 option next to him

:bking

Zelophehad
07-24-2010, 01:46 PM
:bking
Who won the one legged washed up KG vs. Jamison matchup in the playoffs?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Who won the one legged washed up KG vs. Jamison matchup in the playoffs?

So Jamison is a legit #2 option until the Cavs lose, then all the sudden he becomes trash?

badfish22
07-24-2010, 01:48 PM
lol at Jamison being a legit second option. Second options have to be easy all stars these days. Pau Gasol in LA, Rondo in Boston, Lebron in Miami.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Jamison is a legit #2 scoring option, I stand by that..read the rest of my post, and go read my posts about Jamison on the Spurs side when they were going to acquire him..

He's far from a legit #2 best player though, he's a liability in every other facet of the game..

will do

Cavs system, which is the best defensive system in the NBA today..

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 01:50 PM
He averaged 21 PPG on decent efficiency in Washington, before the trade, so it's a decent comment from a scoring perspective..

As I said though, he's a huge liability everywhere else, and he did choke in the playoffs, which I didn't expect..

Kevin Durant 35
07-24-2010, 01:51 PM
lol at all these people saying Cavs are going all the way and overrating Jamison

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 01:52 PM
will do

They were IMO, look at their previous defensive finishes..4th, 3rd, 7th in 3 of the past 4 years, despite having no good defensive players outside of Lebron and Varejao..it's too bad they don't have the players for it..

Their D declined after having lineups of Williams, Jamison, Shaq, which was expected..

Killakobe81
07-24-2010, 01:56 PM
LOL See my confidence ... "bring it"

Never worried about Cavs ...

Muser
busted

Zelophehad
So Jamison is a legit #2 option until the Cavs lose, then all the sudden he becomes trash?
I don't know what HarlemHeat is arguing, but Jamison is nowhere near a number two. And he becomes trash when a nearly washed up, one legged version of KG bukkakes him all over national TV for six games. Especially when grandpa version KG goes for 40 and 18 over the last two games on 19/33 from the field to Jamison's 14 and 11 on 6 for 20 shooting. Its hard to make up for that kind of dominance.

21_Blessings
07-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Hopefully ThunderDan didn't hang himself.

Zelophehad
07-24-2010, 02:01 PM
The problem with DuncanOwnsKobe's argument (if I understand it correctly) is he proved that HarlemHeat was wrong but he's left with the retarded argument that Jamison was some kind of help to Lebron when KG was kicking the living dog shit out of him.

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 02:03 PM
TBH, I don't really know why I made that comment here..if you look up my other comments about Jamison, especially when Spurs fans wanted him, it's pretty much the complete opposite of that, usually shitting on Jamison..

I stand by the fact that he was a very good scoring option though, but he should be a 6th man, as I've said before..I still bought the fact that he could be a #2 scoring option on a team at the time though, while being the 4th or so best player..

Either way, I was wrong, I take shame in what I wrote, I say a lot of stupid shit:lol..at least Jamison was horrible in the playoffs, so I will continue using it as a defense of King, it's worth being wrong to defend Lebron..

Killakobe81
07-24-2010, 02:10 PM
TBH, I don't really know why I made that comment here..if you look up my other comments about Jamison, especially when Spurs fans wanted him, it's pretty much the complete opposite of that, usually shitting on Jamison..

I stand by the fact that he was a very good scoring option though, but he should be a 6th man, as I've said before..I still bought the fact that he could be a #2 scoring option on a team at the time though, while being the 4th or so best player..

Either way, I was wrong, I take shame in what I wrote..at least Jamison was horrible in the playoffs, so I will continue using it as a defense of King, it's worth being wrong to defend Lebron..

Why Halem, why?

Know you hate Kobe but why the endless love for Lebron?

Nothing wrong with appreciating greatness ...but it seems like you are so DESPERATE to have someone replace Kobe ...that your hate blinds your normally good judgement ...

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Because you're stupid. This ranks right up there what that preemptive butt hurt thread you started the other day.

Sorry I killed your troll before it started:lol..

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 02:18 PM
The problem with DuncanOwnsKobe's argument (if I understand it correctly) is he proved that HarlemHeat was wrong but he's left with the retarded argument that Jamison was some kind of help to Lebron when KG was kicking the living dog shit out of him.

I don't think he actually believes it, he just bumped it to show my hypocrisy..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 02:20 PM
What happened to this nigga.

:lol ChrisRichards is a Lakers fan. His whole shtick was to make fun of Kobe haters by being one and then he eventually realized how easy it was to troll Lakerfan, idk why you guys kept falling for it.

21_Blessings
07-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Why Halem, why?

Know you hate Kobe but why the endless love for Lebron?

Harlem has been pretending to be a Spurs fan since day one.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm not saying Jamison was any help to Lebron during the Boston series, but I do recall at the time of this trade Lebronfan saying "Lebron finally has teammates this year :cheer!"

21_Blessings
07-24-2010, 02:23 PM
:lol ChrisRichards is a Lakers fan. His whole shtick was to make fun of Kobe haters by being one and then he eventually realized how easy it was to troll Lakerfan, idk why you guys kept falling for it.

So he basically trolled himself. :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 02:25 PM
To be fair, the biggest part of Jamison's decline in Cleveland from an offensive standpoint was his spot-up shooting..

He shot 33% in spot-up situations, with 30% from 3-point range in Cleveland..these are mostly open or semi-wide open shots..those are absolutely horrible shooting numbers..who would have expected that?..

The rest of his offensive game pretty much stayed the same, he was fairly efficient..

His defense actually improved a lot when it came to making rotations, but his 1 on 1 defense was still horrible..another big part of Jamison's horrible play was that Mike Brown utilized his big men horribly during the playoffs, by over-utilizing Jamison and Shaq, and under-utilizing Hickson and Varejao..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 02:25 PM
So he basically trolled himself. :lol

I have no idea :lmao, I think he trolled MiamiHeat more than anyone else because everyone thought he was a MiamiHeat troll.

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 02:26 PM
ChrisRichards trolled the shit out of Gobbler..they had intense feuds in every thread, he even trolled Gobbler into thinking they had an actual bet against each other, which Gobbler still mentions..

redzero
07-24-2010, 02:57 PM
I have no idea :lmao, I think he trolled MiamiHeat more than anyone else because everyone thought he was a MiamiHeat troll.

I still think they are one and the same. ChrisRichards is really a Lakers fan? If so, he was very convincing.