PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Part of CLE/Was deal

PGDynasty24
02-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Will Big Z get bought out. If he does that's some bullshit.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Of course. What's the point of keeping Z?

ClippersDynasty
02-17-2010, 08:03 PM

Keeping the trade moderately fair.

RedsLakers24
02-17-2010, 08:05 PM
haha, im actually happy they didnt get amare, Gasol has and easy time with Jamison

PGDynasty24
02-17-2010, 08:05 PM

I don't want to hear one thing about the Gasol trade from a Cavs every again then. BEcause we not only gave up cap relief but we gave up a great young center for Pau. Cav's gave up literally nothing...no Hickson,a 1st rounder which is probably going to be the last pick in the round

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't want to hear one thing about the Gasol trade from a Cavs every again then. BEcause we not only gave up cap relief but we gave up a great young center for Pau. Cav's gave up literally nothing...no Hickson,a 1st rounder which is probably going to be the last pick in the round
Well I agree. Memphis did in fact got a great deal. They got Marc Gasol, a pick they used for Darrell Arthur and a cap space which they ended up using for Zach Randolph.

bostonguy
02-17-2010, 08:21 PM

While true, Jamison is 33 years old and on the slow decline. Gasol was barley at the start of his prime when he got dealt to LA.

RedsLakers24
02-17-2010, 08:22 PM
This deal is making the Gasol and Garnett deal look even

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Keeping the trade moderately fair.
Forget it. No such thing as fair in this league. If the Wizards truly wants to fuck with the Cavs however they should keep Ilgauskas. But I think Ferry and Grunfeld agreed behind closed doors to buy him out given a chance. Z deserves it though, he's been loyal to the Cavs eversince. It would be such a shame if they win the title while Zydrunas is stuck with Josh Howard and Mike James after the season.

Rogue
02-17-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm gay

ChrisRichards
While true, Jamison is 33 years old and on the slow decline. Gasol was barley at the start of his prime when he got dealt to LA.
Unless that 30th pick becomes a steal, there's no way you can justify this trade even if Jamison is 33 years old. Cavs basically traded a Kia Sorento for a used BMW 3 series.

Pistons < Spurs
The league needs to disallow players from getting bought out only to return to their original team. Or at least make it so they wouldn't be eligible for post season play.

cobbler
02-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Forget it. No such thing as fair in this league. If the Wizards truly wants to fuck with the Cavs however they should keep Ilgauskas. But I think Ferry and Grunfeld agreed behind closed doors to buy him out given a chance. Z deserves it though, he's been loyal to the Cavs eversince. It would be such a shame if they win the title while Zydrunas is stuck with Josh Howard and Mike James after the season.

And are you going to start threads and multiple posts about this obvious "cheating" as you did with all the collusion talk with the Pau trade?

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 08:42 PM
And are you going to start threads and multiple posts about this obvious "cheating" as you did with all the collusion talk with the Pau trade?
NO. I Will not.

I cant start threads anymore. :lol

ginobili's bald spot
02-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Jamison cannot guard Pau. But still a good rape of a trade for the Cavs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 08:46 PM

You gave up a 2nd round pick who was a no name international prospect at the time.

Udokafan05
02-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Another thread showing how laker fans scared of Cavs

badfish22
02-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Mavs trying to get Ilgauskas rofl

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=4923051

PGDynasty24
02-17-2010, 08:48 PM
You gave up a 2nd round pick who was a no name international prospect at the time.

obviously grizzlies knew who they were getting because they demanded he be included in the deal. What did the Cavs give up?

Chieflion
02-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Ilgauskas apparently has this weird contract that dwindles in numbers for a buyout which helps the Wizards cut down on the luxury tax. Not sure what the collusion is about.

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2010, 08:51 PM
haha, im actually happy they didnt get amare, Gasol has and easy time with Jamison

good observation....Gasol v Jamison is laughable...Gasol will slice and dice him...left hand or right hand...pick your poison...I sort of look at this trade like the Sheed signing...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 08:53 PM
obviously grizzlies knew who they were getting because they demanded he be included in the deal. What did the Cavs give up?

They gave up nothing, trades like that happen. I don't think there was any collusion involved. Just saying it's ridiculous to say they gave up what was a young good center.

But regardless of Gasol, I agree this buyout boomarang garbage is bullshit. The rule should be that if a player is bought out of his contract after the 1st game of the season, he needs to sit out the duration of the season.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Gasol (Marc) was taking names in the spanish league before he was drafted.

cobbler
02-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Ilgauskas apparently has this weird contract that dwindles in numbers for a buyout which helps the Wizards cut down on the luxury tax. Not sure what the collusion is about.

You are not allowed to even talk about much less make a deal where the player being traded will be cut and thus allowed to sign back with the team. It has been rumored all week that the cavs and suns/wizards were "talking" along those lines. There will never be proof but is smells fishy none the less. It's done... good deal for cavs.

Chieflion
02-17-2010, 09:05 PM
You are not allowed to even talk about much less make a deal where the player being traded will be cut and thus allowed to sign back with the team. It has been rumored all week that the cavs and suns/wizards were "talking" along those lines. There will never be proof but is smells fishy none the less. It's done... good deal for cavs.
Yes, fan troll. Cavs just taking advantage of the Wizards tax situation. They had this weird contract they can use. Why not? Be glad they haven't S&T Wally Sczerbiak yet.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-17-2010, 09:07 PM

I agree here, having that kind of rule is pointless, the NBA has no control over a GM's reputation. GM's can make unofficial buyout agreements all the time knowing that if they break the agreement their reputation is ruined and no one will do business with them. The only way to stop this crap from happening is making it so when a player is bought out at the end of the season he needs to sit out the rest of the year.

It's not just players returning to their own team that shouldn't happen. When Sam Cassell and PJ Brown get bought out in February and sign with the Celtics for peanuts cause no one is offering more, it shouldn't happen.

cobbler
02-17-2010, 09:08 PM
They gave up nothing, trades like that happen. I don't think there was any collusion involved. Just saying it's ridiculous to say they gave up what was a young good center.

But regardless of Gasol, I agree this buyout boomarang garbage is bullshit. The rule should be that if a player is bought out of his contract after the 1st game of the season, he needs to sit out the duration of the season.

I totally agree. Simple solution that should have been implemented long ago.

Mel_13
02-17-2010, 09:10 PM
good observation....Gasol v Jamison is laughable...Gasol will slice and dice him...left hand or right hand...pick your poison...I sort of look at this trade like the Sheed signing...

Shaq
Big Z
Jamison
Hickson
Varejao
Powe

That's ridiculous depth. As they go thru the playoffs, the Cavs will be able to pick the best matchups against opposition bigs. If Gasol kills Jamison, then the Cavs have plenty of other options to throw at him. Gasol is going to better than anyone on that list that defends him, but the Cavs will be able to give him plenty of different looks.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 09:13 PM
You guys are not going to see Gasol on Jamison. Not when Artest is on board. Odom or Artest will guard Jamison.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-17-2010, 09:21 PM

You are fucking retarded :lol

Memphis got Gasol's YOUNGER brother and he's already double double center. Plus 3 first rounder you stupding dumbass douche. Oh and cap space to sign Z-Bo.

mystargtr34
02-17-2010, 11:32 PM
I didnt know 35 year old Antawn Jamison was that good. Equal to a prime Pau Gasol and Kevin Garnett? Cavs got a steal.