PDA

View Full Version : With Walton Likely Out For Season Lakers Looking At Tayshaun Prince

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Sources over at LA AM 570 radio have reported trade scenarios the Lakers have put some effort into. With Walton likley out for remainder of season
the Lakers have shown interest in Detroit Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince.

The Pistons proposal would give the Lakers with a valuable defensive contributor off the bench...

Lakers would offer shooter Sasha Vujacic and the expiring contract of Adam Morrison.

RedsLakers24
02-17-2010, 09:32 PM
wtf noo. we dont need Prince, we need a pg fish sucks

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Jackson said they're not looking to trade per RGM WT.

Koolaid_Man
02-17-2010, 09:35 PM
wtf noo. we dont need Prince, we need a pg fish sucks

Lakers trying like hell to unload Sasha...where are all our yuppies...take this kid already....I think they officially hate the guy...I knew something was up when they forced him to cut his hair...but Prince would be a nice defensive piece.

Pistons < Spurs
02-17-2010, 09:37 PM
I want both Prince and Rip gone ... but that deal doesn't do anything for us. No thanks.

Kriz-Maxima
02-17-2010, 09:37 PM
That's a horrible trade for Detroit.

milkshakeballa
02-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Lakers nor Detroit would do that deal

picc84
02-17-2010, 09:47 PM
I forgot Tayshaun existed.

JamStone
02-17-2010, 10:18 PM
It does give the Pistons about $5 million more in cap space and Vujacic's contract is expiring next season. Add this year's first round pick, which is likely going to be around #28-29 anyway, and I'll do it just to get rid of Prince. Prince might work out for LA too. Going home to his childhood team to play with a guy he idolizes. He could possibly rejuvenate his career with the Lakers. As long as the Lakers include a first rounder in the deal, I don't mind it.

Mr. Body
02-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Why the fuck would Detroit take upchuck Sasha Vujacic?

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Lakers nor Detroit would do that deal

:lol

milkshakeballa
02-17-2010, 10:24 PM
:lol

You think they would?? Buss is looking to only add MLE type $$ to the roster....hence making Sasha go in a Hinrich deal...

They add MLE type $$$ already with Prince at the SF position...and how do they improve PG?

The Gemini Method
02-17-2010, 10:28 PM
I would hate to have a reactionary trade just for the sake of making a trade, so I'm not sure if I'd be behind a trade like this. However, I am just a fan and I don't make the decisions. It doesn't address the fact the Lakers interior D is eviscerated because our PG position is a liability.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-17-2010, 10:33 PM
You think they would?? Buss is looking to only add MLE type $$ to the roster....hence making Sasha go in a Hinrich deal...

They add MLE type $$$ already with Prince at the SF position...and how do they improve PG?

Buss just gave Lane fucking Kiffin 900k for his buyout like it was nothing. He owns the most profitable basketball franchise in the world that he bought for table scraps.

Hinrich makes almost 9 mil a season which is nowhere near the MLE/

Luke is out for the season and Ron is hurting in both feet. Prince's exping would be a valuable asset next season. Sasha is fucking worthless. You trade him for Prince in a heartbeat.

Delonte West
02-17-2010, 10:33 PM
No fucking way Detroit will go for Vujabitch

Allanon
02-17-2010, 10:48 PM
It's a pretty good deal for both sides. Detroit has no need for Prince right now and they're paying him $22 million over this season and the next.

Lakers send Morrison's $5 million expiring and Vujacic's $5 million next year and the Piston's save a whole lotta money wasted on Prince.

Lakers get rid of two contracts they're already paying and add on $5 million in payroll next year in return for a still useable SF....a little pricey but not too bad if it brings championships. Gives the Lakers another guy to throw at LeBron.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-17-2010, 11:00 PM
It's a pretty good deal for both sides. Detroit has no need for Prince right now and they're paying him $22 million over this season and the next.

Lakers send Morrison's $5 million expiring and Vujacic's $5 million next year and the Piston's save a whole lotta money wasted on Prince.

Lakers get rid of two contracts they're already paying and add on $5 million in payroll next year in return for a still useable SF....a little pricey but not too bad if it brings championships. Gives the Lakers another guy to throw at LeBron.

Good point on Lebron. Melo and Dirk too.

Prince is pricey and getting old...he can also play some PF in a small ball lineup and triangle guard skills to run some shooting guard/point forward. He'd be everything the Lakers wanted Luke to be off the bench.

JamStone
02-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Lakers throw in this year's first rounder and it's fair enough. The Pistons wouldn't be saving a whole lot of money. They'd save maybe about $6 million for next year. That's ok but not that great by NBA standards. For example, Washington is saving over $13 million in their deal involving Butler. The Jamison deal saves them somewhere in the neighborhood of $25 million. $6 million pales in comparison.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Jamison is a 20/8 player. Prince is a 10 ppg tweener roleplayer.

Detroit can have the Memphis 2nd rounder. :lol Detroit the city is pretty shape right now

ClippersDynasty
02-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Lakers throw in this year's first rounder and it's fair enough. The Pistons wouldn't be saving a whole lot of money. They'd save maybe about $6 million for next year. That's ok but not that great by NBA standards. For example, Washington is saving over $13 million in their deal involving Butler. The Jamison deal saves them somewhere in the neighborhood of $25 million. $6 million pales in comparison.

I think Memphis has the Lakers first round pick this year from the Pau deal. Lakers only have a second rounder they got from Memphis I think.

ChrisRichards
02-17-2010, 11:15 PM
The Pistons wouldn't be saving a whole lot of money. They'd save maybe about $6 million for next year. That's ok but not that great by NBA standards.
Detroit is bleeding financially, with bad investments left and right. Dont BS around. $6 mill is a lot of money.

Baseline
02-17-2010, 11:35 PM
No team has as many gay fans as LA, so ain't nobody else want Sasha.

Bob Lanier
02-17-2010, 11:56 PM
It does give the Pistons about $5 million more in cap space and Vujacic's contract is expiring next season. Add this year's first round pick, which is likely going to be around #28-29 anyway, and I'll do it just to get rid of Prince. Prince might work out for LA too. Going home to his childhood team to play with a guy he idolizes. He could possibly rejuvenate his career with the Lakers. As long as the Lakers include a first rounder in the deal, I don't mind it.
:tu

Pistons < Spurs
02-18-2010, 12:12 AM
I guess it wouldn't be horrible if they had a first rounder to offer, but like ClippersDynasty said, it's already been traded away.

I'd love to get Tay out of here to open up minutes for Daye and Summers, but more than likely coach would just go small and and play Rip, Stuck and Gordon together all the time.

JamStone
02-18-2010, 12:45 AM
I didn't realize Memphis had this year's Lakers first rounder. The deal's not horrible but would like a sweetner for the Pistons, whether a future pick or maybe cash considerations. $6 million is a lot of money by most standards, not by NBA cap space standards.

As for Detroit bleeding financially, that's actually quite exaggerated. There's no doubt that Detroit as a city is hurting as a whole economically, but even with all their problems and drop off in revenues, the Pistons are still 9th in average attendance in the league. And, last year, the first year the Pistons had a losing season in like 8-9 years and only two playoff home games for post season revenue, the Pistons still turned in a profit on the seasons, while there were 12 NBA teams that lost money, including teams with winning records like Dallas, Portland, and Orlando.

Heck, the Lakers won a championship and their luxurious city of Los Angeles was so poor and bankrupt, the city couldn't afford to fund a championship parade and needed private donors to pay for it.

Don't get me wrong. The Pistons and Detroit have their great share of economic problems. But they aren't the only NBA team or city and they aren't anywhere near the worst.

Disturbed
02-18-2010, 04:43 AM
Could he help the Lakers sure. Is he a 22 million luxury tax hit next season that is needed that badly? Absolutely not. Lakers are fine at SF. When Ron rests Kobe plays backup SF minutes while Shannon Brown plays 2. And while Kobe's out with the current injury Lamar can play backup SF minutes as he did last night. Lakers could also go small if need be as well.

If the Lakers are gonna take any extra financial responsibility on a trade this season you would think it would be for a PG. Lakers are fine overall though for this season.

After the season Fisher, Farmar, Morrison, Shannon(guessing he opts out) are expiring. So they will have choices to make at PG. And could potential use the MLE on one like Blake per say. However if they take on Prince well that can really handicap them next season at PG. Just not a realistic trade for the Lakers.