PDA

View Full Version : Big Z...

benefactor
02-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Should the Spurs throw the hook out there after he is bought out?

Sigz
02-17-2010, 09:41 PM
No.

timtonymanu
02-17-2010, 09:42 PM
No i dont want him.

EricB
Hell

to

the

no

Juanobili
No.

Spursmania
Hell

to

the

no

:rollin

mexicanjunior
02-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Maybe 5 years ago...

EP Money Man
02-17-2010, 09:44 PM
He can shoot the corner three . . . :downspin:

SpursNextRomanEmpire
shit no

SpursNextRomanEmpire
bee otch

honestfool84
02-17-2010, 09:45 PM
no, nope, definitely not.

MaNu4Tres
02-17-2010, 09:46 PM
http://chairmanslog.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/cmon-son.jpg

Udokafan05
02-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Pass

FeZZy
02-17-2010, 09:49 PM
No man he is way too young if he was only like 40...wait a minute..

8FOR!3
02-17-2010, 09:51 PM
He can shoot the corner three . . . :downspin:

:lol So can I. The Spurs don't want me as they're starting center. Although I'm only about 6'4, Pop may be interested in a 6'4 185 big man.

DAF86
02-17-2010, 09:52 PM
I would like to have him here but the Spurs won't go for it and if they do Ilguazkas would probably chose to go back to the Cavs.

ElNono
02-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Please... no... plus what's the point? if McDyess can't even play when it matters, why keep on bringing old bigs?

benefactor
02-17-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't think it would be a bad depth move...or maybe I'm going crazy from watching so much small ball. :spin

my2sons
02-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Hell Yes! A 7-3 long arm big who can play the high low and pick and pop now doubt. Anyone who doesnt think he is 10x better than what we have is a fool. And lets be honest, hows it been having a 6-6 starting center half the year.

and he is a good passer for a big...maybe too slow, but would help timmy clog the paint and at his size cannot complain about small ball...if nothing else happens, why not....

Rogue
02-18-2010, 01:15 AM
I don't think Z would be of bigger use than Ratliff on Spurs squad, and we all know how Theo is being used under Pop's dictatorship.

murpjf88
02-18-2010, 01:49 AM
What are they going to pay him with, peanuts?

DynastySpurs210
02-18-2010, 01:51 AM
NO! He looks like he has cancer.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2010/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/01/04/ilgauskas.feature/zydrunas.ilgauskas.jpg

mardigan
02-18-2010, 02:00 AM
Shit, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2010, 02:11 AM
Hell Yes! A 7-3 long arm big who can play the high low and pick and pop now doubt. Anyone who doesnt think he is 10x better than what we have is a fool. And lets be honest, hows it been having a 6-6 starting center half the year.

He might be a bit better than what the Spurs are using, but better than what they have is another story. There's not really much evidence that the Spurs want anyone that's actually tall. He is old and slow and can shoot from the outside so the Spurs may very well be interested.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2010, 02:13 AM
And a big WTG for the Cavs for trading the guy when he's finally on the verge of a title after 15 years with the team.

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Z can barely move, he has no game at all outside of outside jump shots at this point..he wouldn't fit here at all..

I would be shocked if he isn't back in Cleveland..he's loved in the organization and he loves it there..this was obviously a business decision, and I'm assuming part of the deal was an agreement of buying him out and letting him return to Cleveland..

Rogue
02-18-2010, 03:06 AM
Z Z z z z z... ... :sleep

blkroadrunners
02-18-2010, 03:22 AM
He's better than Rasho and Nazr.

Nazr's been way more productive this year than Z has..

dbestpro
02-18-2010, 10:39 AM
When the trade deadline passes and the Spurs have done nothing, they will be salivating over big Z or Gooden if and when they are released.

Agloco
02-18-2010, 11:43 AM
All of you Bonner haters must have a hard-on about acquiring Big Z.

dbestpro
02-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Yahoo says that Dallas now wants the Big Z to fill in for Dampier.

Size matters.

Blackjack
02-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Twitter: (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA)

Mark Heisler of LA Times is reporting that NBA has informed other teams that it won't let Z return to Cavs after a buyout.

Hemotivo
02-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Spurs should go for him

Jace
02-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Twitter: (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA)
How can they do that?

Other teams have done it under the same rules so I don't see how they can arbitrarily rule against them now..

Manu_Ginobili
02-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Should the Spurs throw the hook out there after he is bought out?

he is going back to the Cavs for the vet minimum, not a chance for us, also, we have McDyess in that position, so WE DO NOT NEED HIM AT ALL!!! We needed T. Thomas from the Bulls, but L. Brown SMART-LY GOT HIM...:downspin::downspin::downspin:

slick'81
02-21-2010, 06:34 PM
about time the nba stopped this bs of trading a guy only to have him return

Spursmania
02-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Shit, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

:tu

baseline bum
02-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Yes, he'd be an enormous upgrade over Bonner.

Blackjack
02-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Can the NBA stop Big Z from returning to Cleveland? (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/can-league-stop-big-z-from-returning-to-cleveland.php)
By Kurt Helin

According to a high-level NBA official reached by Mary Schmitt Boyer of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the NBA is not going to get in the way (http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/02/nba_source_league_would_not_ba.html) of Big Z returning to the Cavaliers, if that is what he wants. There is no evidence of this deal already being in place before the first trade was made, the official said.

That means Mark Heisler's sources were wrong. If you lived in LA, that probably wouldn't surprise you.

9:49 am Everybody just expects that Zydrunas Ilgauskas is going to get bought out by the Washington Wizards in the next couple days, spend a few weeks flirting with Marc Cuban and the other boys at the party, then sign again with Cleveland to make the rich even richer.

But not so fast (http://twitter.com/MHeislerLATimes/status/9445083086), according to the LA Times Mark Heisler on his twitter account.

HOLD THAT HOMECOMING. Source says NBA has told other teams it won't let Z go back to Cavs. May be woofing with no rule against it, maybe not

HOMECOMING II: Wizards haven't even bought out Zydrunas Ilgauskas yet but everyone knows it's coming and NBA officials read papers

You want to see the league and players union get in fight, then wait to see what happens if the league tries to stop this deal.

The league has the legal right to step in if there is a pre-arranged deal, which is why these things are handled like mafia members talking business on the phone -- all code words, winks and nods. (Well, mafia members probably don't wink at each other all that much). Everyone knows this is the plan, and some coaches hate it (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/rivers-jackson-dont-want-big-z-back-with-cavaliers.php), but good luck proving there was any deal in place.

Ilgauskas is in the 12th year of an NBA career that has been all in Cleveland. He was just voted the fifth greatest player (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/ilgauskas-named-one-of-the-best-cavaliers-ever.php) in Cavs history. He is tied to the community. Is it a shock he'd want to go home? What kind of deal needs to be in place for that?

Good luck proving anything, NBA.

The Wizards buyout of Ilgauskas is taking a little time because with the Wizards under the luxury tax they don't actually have to buy him out. The Wizards have a little leverage, so they will want the buyout amount lowered. Big Z will give in some if he wants to play again this year. And other teams including Atlanta and Dallas, have said they may come after him.

Who knows who is feeding Heisler his information. I'm sure there are plenty of people around the league that would like to stop this deal (and similar ones before it) and the owners may take up the rule change in the off-season.

But good luck proving a deal was in place and stopping Ilgauskas from being a Cav again for the playoffs. Not going to happen.

LongtimeSpursFan
02-22-2010, 10:58 PM
He'd be an excellent pickup...big body, great passer, hit the outside J. I'm wondering if Spurs released Ratliffe in hopes of creating a spot for Z.

Snaq O'Meal
02-22-2010, 11:26 PM
He'd be an excellent pickup...big body, great passer, hit the outside J. I'm wondering if Spurs released Ratliffe in hopes of creating a spot for Z.

Big Z may not be interested in getting front row seats for the Small Ball Show.

Booharv
02-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Z would be an immediate upgrade. He always gave tim duncan fits and is one of the only players in the nba that can guard bynum or howard.

Its common knowledge Howard bukkaked him in the ECF last year.

Obstructed_View
02-23-2010, 12:49 AM

Yeah Ilguskas is going to pass up a red carpet all the way to the finals with the team that drafted him to play on a team where Keith Bogans is a starter.

Blackjack
02-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Bogans is a bulldog; he's man's best friend.

Last time I checked (not thoroughly), Z is a man.

eisfeld
02-23-2010, 01:13 AM
Only if it means goodbye Bonner.

timtonymanu
02-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Just heard on the CLE-BOS game from David Aldridge that Spurs are one of the teams interested in Big Z.

Doubt he comes here but it's news.

ginobili fan
02-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Just heard on the CLE-BOS game from David Aldridge that Spurs are one of the teams interested in Big Z.

Doubt he comes here but it's news.

If the Spurs are interested how are the chances he comes over here ?

ace3g
02-25-2010, 09:15 PM
well now with Shaq hurting his thumb in tonight's game against the Cavs, they are really going to need Z now if the injury is serious

HarlemHeat37
02-25-2010, 09:18 PM
There's pretty much no chance that he goes anywhere but Cleveland..

The Spurs are going to be mentioned as a suitor for every veteran that gets waived..

SpurNation
02-25-2010, 09:56 PM
There's pretty much no chance that he goes anywhere but Cleveland..

The Spurs are going to be mentioned as a suitor for every veteran that gets waived..

OK. This isn't targeted towards you but more so towards the implication of the post.

Any player at any position? Are the Spurs becoming the resting home for vets prior to their ultimate departure from the game? Does the organization believe that somehow they can get any once productive player to be able to effectively contribute on this team when it's been noted and proven that players just can't come in to this system and be effective without at least a year of playing in the system?

How does that help this team's chances of going through the playoffs with more wins than losses? How would that give a glimmer of hope that this person would be a good acquisition?

That's what I would call counting on a wish and a prayer.

Is (would) the team be relegated to that? Hoping "any" player could come in and be the difference for this year?

Enter aged veteran joining the team at this moment...our chances are now improved by X amount to win the whole thing.

What a sad day in Spurs basketball if that's the case.

I guess if that's all you have to possibly make it happen...it's all you could do.

To me if that's all the team would have...they might as well shoot for their best hope in the draft.

FeZZy
02-25-2010, 09:58 PM
idc as long as we win games

HarlemHeat37
02-25-2010, 10:10 PM
It's not necessarily "this" year..my point is that the Spurs are always rumored to be interested in veterans once they are bought out..it's nothing new, it's been going on for years..

G-Dawgg
02-25-2010, 11:16 PM
He's better now than Rasho was when we had him starting on our championship teams, his lenth would help to deter people from walking in for easy lay-ups and his jumper has some range. I'd take him on this team for the right price..

jimo2305
02-25-2010, 11:48 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/omghaha.gif

mountainballer
02-26-2010, 04:52 AM
wait, wait. there are really some who say Spurs should pass when they somehow get the chance to sign Z ??????????????????
no, they wouldn't need to waive one of their players.
no, they wouldn't need to pay big bucks, in facts it's about 250 K (prorated veteran minimum).
hey, wake up. this isn't 2007 any more, when most veterans would have seen joining the Spurs as best chance to get a ring. this is 2010, when there even isn't guaranteed that the Spurs make the PO.
Spurs won't have the chance to just pick the best veteran from the pool, or say no thanks, because they are good enough.
if this guy was good enough to play 20MPG for the best team in the league, that had 2 other legit Centers, then he will be good enough to do the same for the Spurs.
but yeah, he isn't good enough for us. even not for almost free.

G-Dawgg
02-26-2010, 05:19 AM
Ilgauskas would be useful to us considering we are hurting in the lenth department. Although he is a plodder, He would be a legit shotblocking presence just from his height of 7-4 alone, and he is a pretty skilled passing/shooting big man -an ok fit for the system.. Only problem: if we could sign him, would there be enough time for him to learn the playbooks by playoffs..

Bruno
02-26-2010, 06:13 AM
If Big Z goes back to Cleveland, their depth at PF/C will be insane. Jamison, Shaq, Varejao, Hickson, Big Z... :downspin:
I don't remember a team being that deep.

Spurs could surely use a player like Big Z. When Duncan is on the bench, Spurs have nobody to defend the rim. It would be nice if Spurs could add a player to fit that role.

The bad news for Spurs is that a lot of teams are after that kind of players: Atlanta, Denver, Dalls, Utah... If another center is waived, Spurs will have to fight hard to get him.

Xevious
03-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Not that there was any chance of Z landing anywhere but Cleveland... but now with Shaq being injured, they actually need him.

Old School 44
03-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Although I am not sold on Z, it wouldn't surprise me if Pop, with his penchant for playing old, slow guys made this pitch, "Come play for us and you will start along side TD."

admiralsnackbar
03-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Lessee... sign to a team with a good shot at a title where you know everybody and all the plays, or sign with a moribund team with no assurance of cracking the play-off seeding.

Hmmm.