PDA

View Full Version : Dallas wants LeBron

Shifty
02-18-2010, 10:32 AM
But not for Dirk....

...nor Kidd!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/021810dnspolebronitem.12a515842.html

I kept looking for the punchline but it never came :(

ffadicted
02-18-2010, 10:56 AM
wtf: "Yes there are way to keep Dirk Kidd and Butler and still get Lebron"

I have nothing to say to this

timvp
02-18-2010, 10:59 AM
By the way, if the Mavericks can get LeBron for Butler and Dampier, they would do it in one second. In fact, they would probably let the Cavaliers pick anybody on the team not named Dirk, with the possible exception of Jason Kidd, and do the deal.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Oh shyt that is funny :lmao :lmao :lmao

Findog
02-18-2010, 11:05 AM
I don't see the Cavs participating in any S&Ts for LeBron, and that's the only way Dallas could get him. If he wants to leave Cleveland, he'll have to do it for a team like the Knicks that has oodles of cap space and nothing else.

Goran Dragic
02-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Kidd is the 2nd best player in the NBA, Cubes is smart not to trade him even if he wants Lebron.

Goran Dragic
02-18-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't see the Cavs participating in any S&Ts for LeBron, and that's the only way Dallas could get him. If he wants to leave Cleveland, he'll have to do it for a team like the Knicks that has oodles of cap space and nothing else.

This. I don't see Cleveland helping a team take their franchise. Cleveland is about to give more money than any other team. A S&T takes away that leverage.

timvp
02-18-2010, 11:08 AM
By the way, if the Mavericks can get LeBron for Butler and Dampier, they would do it in one second.Really?!!?!? No need to rush into anything.

In fact, they would probably let the Cavaliers pick anybody on the team not named DirkWho the hell wouldn't trade Dirk for LeBron? I'd trade the entire Spurs team for LeBron.

with the possible exception of Jason KiddOMG.

clambake
02-18-2010, 11:11 AM
if this is possible...then the bonner, finley and mason for lebron thing must have legs.

lurker
02-18-2010, 11:11 AM
:lol Maybe they're hoping Dirk will still go through with his plan of opting out and resigning for less money.

pauls931
02-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Why is Kidd even mentioned, no one wants him, he's old. Dallas has nothing cleveland would trade LBJ for. Very few teams have anything that can unroot him right now. You'll have to wait for the end of the season have quality players and a shitload of cash.

djohn2oo8
02-18-2010, 11:14 AM
And I want 250 million dollars, a private jet to the Bahamas, and the Mavs to win a ring one day

Drachen
02-18-2010, 11:23 AM
By the way, if I can get 350 million dollars for my 2002 Buick Rendezvous and my 2006 Honda Rebel, I would do it in one second.

Findog
02-18-2010, 11:25 AM
:lol Maybe they're hoping Dirk will still go through with his plan of opting out and resigning for less money.

If Dirk wants a ring so bad, why doesn't he opt out and sign for like one year for the vet minimum, so Dallas can have the $$ to get him some quality help? He's already set financially for life, and I'm sure Tony Cubes can take care of him down the line with some "Special Consultant to the GM" fake gig for a boatload of money after he retires.

Phonzie20
02-18-2010, 11:27 AM
LOL. Does the guy that reported that actually get paid?

Maybe in Cuban dollars.

benefactor
02-18-2010, 11:27 AM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/gospelrapper/rofl.jpg

Drachen
02-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Mavs fans, you know your fan base better than we do. I have to ask, is there even one, just one Mavs fan that could even attempt to take this seriously.

lurker
02-18-2010, 11:36 AM
If Dirk wants a ring so bad, why doesn't he opt out and sign for like one year for the vet minimum, so Dallas can have the $$ to get him some quality help? He's already set financially for life, and I'm sure Tony Cubes can take care of him down the line with some "Special Consultant to the GM" fake gig for a boatload of money after he retires.
I agree, but some of the people in Dirk's life like Holger will probably advise him not to.

Thunder Dan
02-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Ferry might consider trading JJ Hickson for Dirk

Thunder Dan
02-18-2010, 12:04 PM
I wonder if the Mavs would do this trade.

Mavs Get: Lebron James and Dwight Howard
Magic Get: Dampier and Beaubois
Cavs Get: Jason Terry, Tim Thomas and Matt Carroll

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yj3sx4e

Allanon
02-18-2010, 01:06 PM
I kept looking for the punchline but it never came :(

:lol WTF article.

Spursmania
02-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Seriously...:lmao:lmao

j.dizzle
02-18-2010, 01:49 PM
LMAO Cuban

8FOR!3
02-18-2010, 01:53 PM

It says you increased Orlando's projected wins by 2. :lol

mavs>spurs2
02-18-2010, 01:54 PM
People laugh but I could see Lebron coming to a big market like Dallas to play for an owner like Cuban if we had major capspace to sign him, but that's the problem, we don't. :lmao @ the thought of the Cavs giving him up in a sign and trade.

ElNono
02-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Eddie Sefko FAIL...

Budkin
02-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Is Eddie Sefko a real sports writer or some middle school Mavs fan that got a chance to write a blurb for the DMN?

monosylab1k
02-18-2010, 03:56 PM

Beaubois is untouchable, Cuban has said that already. No deal. Maybe if you get Denver involved and the Mavs also get Carmelo/Billups out of it.

Thunder Dan
02-18-2010, 03:57 PM
People laugh but I could see Lebron coming to a big market like Dallas to play for an owner like Cuban if we had major capspace to sign him, but that's the problem, we don't. :lmao @ the thought of the Cavs giving him up in a sign and trade.

the Cavs' owner is no different than Cuban other than he doesn't get fined

Shank
02-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Sefko took the complete wrong stance when writing this. There's a better angle he should have taken.

monosylab1k
02-18-2010, 03:59 PM

And Cuban didn't have a miracle fall into his lap after tanking.

Thunder Dan
02-18-2010, 04:00 PM
And Cuban didn't have a miracle fall into his lap after tanking.

neither did Dan Gilbert

mavs>spurs2
02-18-2010, 04:02 PM

I don't believe he's exactly like Cuban in his willingness to do whatever to win, but anyway regardless, Cleveland isn't a big market or a fun place to live for a multimillionaire celebrity, which is what Lebron is aspiring to be.

nkdlunch
02-18-2010, 04:03 PM
:lmao

good laugh

badfish22
02-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Headline

(insert team here) wants Lebron

Could work for anybody. I've seen Clippers, Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Nets, Bulls, etc......

Thunder Dan
02-18-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't believe he's exactly like Cuban in his willingness to do whatever to win, but anyway regardless, Cleveland isn't a big market or a fun place to live for a multimillionaire celebrity, which is what Lebron is aspiring to be.

yeah Dallas is the first place I think of when I think of where I would want to live as a 20-something who wants to have fun

mavs>spurs2
02-18-2010, 04:08 PM
yeah Dallas is the first place I think of when I think of where I would want to live as a 20-something who wants to have fun

Why not? Dallas clubs are hot, nightlife is pretty great. We've got the Mavs, Cowboys, best stadium in the world, billionaire owner willing to win, etc. What exactly is there in Cleveland to offer Lebron, besides the sentimental value of playing in his home state?

Shifty
02-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Funny how several Mavs fans seem not to understand why the article is absurd or at least they post as if it was somehow defensible idea. Or is that a given and the comments are entirely sarcastic?

mavs>spurs2
02-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Funny how several Mavs fans seem not to understand why the article is absurd or at least they post as if it was somehow defensible idea. Or is that a given and the comments are entirely sarcastic?

I hope that you're not talking about me, I've already stated that the article is retarded. We don't have the cap space to sign Lebron.

I'm saying that if we had tons of cap space right now, Lebron would at least consider coming to Dallas. It's a big market.

Thunder Dan
02-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Why not? Dallas clubs are hot, nightlife is pretty great. We've got the Mavs, Cowboys, best stadium in the world, billionaire owner willing to win, etc. What exactly is there in Cleveland to offer Lebron, besides the sentimental value of playing in his home state?

Dallas isn't worth screwing over your home state. New York maybe, but Dallas isn't

mavs>spurs2
02-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Dallas isn't worth screwing over your home state. New York maybe, but Dallas isn't

If you think that loyalty is the reason he wouldn't come to Dallas, then that's understandable. I can agree with that, you should have just stated that from the beginning. I don't follow Lebron enough to know him to a T, right down to his loyalties and etc. My point was that it would at least be an option, although I'm not sure how hard he'd consider it.

monosylab1k
02-18-2010, 04:16 PM

you're catching on quick :tu

badfish22
02-18-2010, 04:16 PM

dumbass this is just Sefko trying to draw hits to his shitty ass blog. He wrote last year that the Mavs could trade for cp3 over the summer. This is just his usual routine.

sefant77
02-18-2010, 05:03 PM
We just have to move half of the homegames in the Cowboys stadium and James can wank off there in front of 100000 screaming kiddies.

He should love it and force the S&T :D

lurker
02-18-2010, 05:09 PM
It says you increased Orlando's projected wins by 2. :lol
:lol That's the best part. Damp > Superman

Mal
02-18-2010, 06:02 PM
News of the year !

BRHornet45
02-18-2010, 06:06 PM
sons as much as I hate everything Dallas, I do respect Cuban. Now obviously nothing will happen until he opts out after this season, but if the price is right I think that Dallas would have a legit chance of bringing in Lebron. Dallas is a MUCH bigger market than Cleveland and they actually have a team that could compete right away. Unlike the Knicks or Nets who would take a couple of years to develop. Also, its not like Lebron would have to worry about not being the #1 guy on Dallas. who else would be the leader on the Mavs other than Lebron? seriously lol

Basketballgirl25
02-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Unlike the Knicks or Nets who would take a couple of years to develop. Also, its not like Lebron would have to worry about not being the #1 guy on Dallas. who else would be the leader on the Mavs other than Lebron? seriously lol

Actually if Nets did get Lebron(I'm not one of the many stupid people out in the world who cares where he goes) I think they would be a lot better and have a chance at win his first season with them depending what deals and players are here. We have Brook Lopez who I'd say is one of the best centers in the NBA and he is young and only getting better and Devin Harris(who I think would do better if he had a guy like Lebron doesn't have to be him just that type of player a better player to take teams off him) then others I really don't know who Nets will have or will trade over the summer, but I think they could be good if they had a player like Lebron, Wade, etc.

Thompson
02-18-2010, 08:41 PM
The Mavs are so far over the cap (and the cap will probably be reduced next year) that even if Dirk took the vet minimum and they cut Dampier they'd still be right up against it (I think). They certainly couldn't offer LeBron a max contract or anything near it.

Maybe if you can express to James how much Cuban wants him there (almost as much as Dirk and 36-year-old Jason Kidd) he'll be so impressed he'll sign for the minimum. Otherwise, not likely.

badfish22
02-18-2010, 08:50 PM
The Mavs are so far over the cap (and the cap will probably be reduced next year) that even if Dirk took the vet minimum and they cut Dampier they'd still be right up against it (I think). They certainly couldn't offer LeBron a max contract or anything near it.

Maybe if you can express to James how much Cuban wants him there (almost as much as Dirk and 36-year-old Jason Kidd) he'll be so impressed he'll sign for the minimum. Otherwise, not likely.

sigh...... Ok. Even though Lebron would never want to come to such an old team, if he DID it could easily happen. Lebron goes to the dumbass in charge of the Cavs, and says "I want to go to the Big D, faggot. Trade me." Cle does this so they can actually get something back for Lebron, instead of losing him for nothing. They then work out a sign and trade where Dallas trades the Dust chip + Roddy (or Caron or whatever) for Lebron. Then Damps contract turns into dust, meaning they dont have to pay a dime for him. So they get to have Roddy to rebuild around whether than lose Lebron for absolutely nothing.

cobbler
02-18-2010, 09:01 PM
I hope that you're not talking about me, I've already stated that the article is retarded. We don't have the cap space to sign Lebron.

I'm saying that if we had tons of cap space right now, Lebron would at least consider coming to Dallas. It's a big market.

Not in a bizillion years.

Thompson
02-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Some don't think the Cavs will consider a sign-and-trade because it will limit the teams LeBron can go to. They might be bluffing, but even if they do decide to go the sign-and-trade route, they can probably get something more than Rodrigue.

badfish22
02-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Some don't think the Cavs will consider a sign-and-trade because it will limit the teams LeBron can go to. They might be bluffing, but even if they do decide to go the sign-and-trade route, they can probably get something more than Rodrigue.

Not if Lebron says he wants to go to Dallas. Lebron goes to CLE's gm and says "Either trade me to Dallas or I'm walking for nothing". What do you think CLE would do?

But like I stated above, Lebron doesnt go to such an old team. I don't think he will even leave CLE in the first place.

sprrs
02-18-2010, 09:47 PM
By the way, if I can get 350 million dollars for my 2002 Buick Rendezvous and my 2006 Honda Rebel, I would do it in one second.

I would make that deal too, but not if they wanted my '04 Ford Focus. Otherwise Deal's off.