Jared Jeffries

Knicks:
Tracy McGrady
Sergio Rodriguez

Edit: Jordan Hill seems to becoming to Houston too according to Feigan and ESPN
Edit: Protection is in

djohn2oo8
02-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Sources close to the situation tell ESPN.com that all three teams have reached agreement on deal to send T-Mac to New York

T-Mac and Sergio Rodriguez to NYK; Kev Martin/Jared Jeffries/swap of 2011 first with Knicks and 2012 first from Knicks to Houston AND

Kings get Carl Landry, Joey Dorsey and Larry Hughes' expiring contract . . . all just filed to ESPN.com. Link coming momentarily

No Homo

djohn2oo8
02-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

noob cake
02-18-2010, 01:21 PM
(1563 Viewing) Clutchfans lol

Double-Up
02-18-2010, 01:21 PM
...and the rebuilding on the fly process starts.

lefty
02-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Hehehehe

noob cake
02-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Time to root for Knicks and Cavs the rest of the season;

TheMACHINE
02-18-2010, 01:26 PM
haha bitch slapped

lefty
02-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Mike D'Antoni:

" Lee, you rebound, Nate you dunk, Gallo you shoot; Tracy you sit; go go go ! "

angrydude
02-18-2010, 01:27 PM
what's that, morey just went back to God status?

benefactor
Wow...two first round picks. That's worth losing Landry.

Double-Up
Tracy has no chance in the uptempo Knicks offense...

noob cake
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924836

Well according to ESPN, Rockets also gets Hill.....

W/e I'll be alright if we don't Hill. If we do Morey just ass raped both teams.

djohn2oo8
02-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Jordan Hill in the deal to Houston too

Double-Up
Wow...two first round picks. That's worth losing Landry.

He sure as fuck did, depending on the protection of the picks. That's the only detail left unknown.

angel_luv
So no Beno after all.

Shank
02-18-2010, 01:30 PM
I can't wait for the Knicks pipedream to blow up in their faces. All this work, 2-3 years worth, all shit on.

djohn2oo8
This trade is full of win, for Houston and Sac town.....Go Cavs, Go Heat, Go Hawks!!!

timvp
Considering that the going rate for first round picks is $3 million, eating the final $7 million of Jeffries' deal for one first round pick and one swap won't turn out to be that great ... unless the Knicks continue to suck. If the Knicks return to playoff status, the Rockets paid more than the going rate.

It's a gamble ... although an exciting gamble, depending on the protections on the pick.

Double-Up
02-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Jordan Hill in the deal to Houston too

Who says?

EDIT: Never mind see it on ESPN...so its straight.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Hill fucking sucks. Stop acting like they stole something. The Knicks had to include him anyways to make room for two max salaries.

The 2012 pick will most likely be a late 1st rounder. Big deal.

noob cake
02-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Considering that the going rate for first round picks is $3 million, eating the final $7 million of Jeffries' deal for one first round pick and one swap won't turn out to be that great ... unless the Knicks continue to suck. If the Knicks return to playoff status, the Rockets paid more than the going rate.

It's a gamble ... although an exciting gamble, depending on the protections on the pick.

Knicks get LeBron, we lose 3m compared to the going rate for late first.

If Knicks deosn't get LeBron and sign just one FA and a second tier like Rudy Gay, those picks very well could be lotto.

Double-Up

We got Jordan Hill too a top 10 pick in the last draft. No complaining from me.

ffadicted
Jesus christ New York, you are one desperate bitch

djohn2oo8
02-18-2010, 01:34 PM
who says?

espn

noob cake
02-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Who says?

Feigan and ESPN

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-18-2010, 01:35 PM
We got Jordan Hill too a top 10 pick in the last draft. No complaining from me.

Again, Hill sucks. Have you even seen him play? Who gives a shit where he was drafted. It's like celebrating about getting Kwame Brown.

djohn2oo8
02-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Again, Hill sucks. Have you even seen him play? Who gives a shit where he was drafted. It's like celebrating about getting Kwame Brown.

Your butthurtness will not affect us

noob cake
02-18-2010, 01:37 PM

Lotto PF out of this draft, only playing 10 minutes a game? Why are you hating on him?

timvp
If Hill is also going to the Rockets, the upside on this deal for Houston would be off the charts. There is still a healthy amount of risk but I'd say it's worth the gamble. Much better than when this was only a two-tea deal.

Ode to Triple Ocho
Your butthurtness will not affect us

Why would I be butthurt about Houston trading away their best player?

Hooks
I don't get why they'd trade Landry...He's been solid for them and they're already short of big men, not to mention he has a lot of potential.

I wonder what pick they'll get though, bet it'll be pretty good.

I'm not so sure Martin will make that big of an impact, his FG% has been pretty darn bad this year.

Carl Landry is averaging 16 and 6 in 27 minutes, shooting 54% from the field.

Martin is averaging 20 and 4 in 35 minutes while shooting just 40% from the field, not only that but this guy plays almost no defense...Put it this way, Ariza is shooting 38% grabs 6 rebounds and has 4APG while playing defense. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how well Martin fits in with the Rockets.

TheProfessor
02-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Stein says Hill is in the deal as well. Holy crap.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Lotto PF out of this draft, only playing 10 minutes a game? Why are you hating on him?

He sucks. Where he was drafted doesn't change that.

j.dizzle
02-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Sons, atleast Ariza wont be taking & bricking a grip of shots every game now

ffadicted
02-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Wait, I tossed this shit in the trade machine and it failed, Kings are over by 3 mil? What am I doing wrong/not understanding here lol

Also, why wouldn't sac town ask for Al Harrington instead of Larry Hughes, fuck they got raped too

j.dizzle
02-18-2010, 01:40 PM
BTW Landry lit LA up cuz he was undersized, quick & hustled like a mofo..I would miss his ass if I was a houston fan.

TheMACHINE
Damn sons..Ariza, Jeffries, K-Mart! Championship contender right there!

djohn2oo8

:toast

djohn2oo8
02-18-2010, 01:41 PM
BTW Landry lit LA up cuz he was undersized, quick & hustled like a mofo..I would miss his ass if I was a houston fan.

Those first round picks make up for that

timvp
Correction: Knicks pick in 2011 is Top 1 protected. In 2012 the Knicks pick is Top 5 protected

Wow. The Knicks must be pretty damn sure they are landing some big names this summer.

8FOR!3
Aaron Brooks
Kevin Martin
Trevor Ariza
Shane Battier
Luis Scola

Is that what ya'll are going with? And having Kyle Lowry and Jordan Hill come off the bench? Not looking too bad.

noob cake
02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Latest: A source told ESPN.com that the Knicks pick in 2011 is Top 5 protected. In 2012 the Knicks pick is only Top 1 protected

Top 1 protected, lol

lefty
02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
So I guess it's really Isiah's fault this time .................

noob cake
02-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Cluthfans and Realgm both crashed...

djohn2oo8
02-18-2010, 01:46 PM
The sad thing is, Walsh actually thinks he won this trade

TacoCabanaFajitas
02-18-2010, 01:46 PM
When this was just a Landry/Martin swap I thought it was a wash as far as talent, but with Hill/Martin and these picks now going to Houston this is easily an assraping put on by Houston. Knicks are taking a huge gamble on Free Agency

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Aaron Brooks
Kevin Martin
Trevor Ariza
Shane Battier
Luis Scola

Is that what ya'll are going with? And having Kyle Lowry and Jordan Hill come off the bench? Not looking too bad.

Shane Battier at PF, really? Haha.

Again, Hill wasn't even in the rotation on a terrible Knicks team.

This trade is great if you're a Lakers fan. Landry DESTROYS Odom for some reason. Martin is a tweener and is no match for the Lakers length they can throw at him.

Double-Up

Yea that's real.

TheMACHINE
Lebron to NY...book it.

Shank
02-18-2010, 01:50 PM
The Knicks team salary is now up to $63.74.

Can anyone name 5 players still left on this sorry-ass squad?

I hope this shit blows up in their faces.

Reeko_Htown
02-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Morey will never get shit from me again. He's like rainman.

Donnie Walsh just got raped.

djohn2oo8
02-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Lol, after the season, Morey calls all the big time free agents, tampers with them by telling them to stay away from New York, and Morey gets away with it

8FOR!3
02-18-2010, 01:55 PM

This trade is great if you're a Lakers fan. Landry DESTROYS Odom for some reason. Martin is a tweener and is no match for the Lakers length they can throw at him.

I have no clue how they use Battier and how Jordan Hill's done on NY. I haven't watched those two teams all season hardly.

noob cake
02-18-2010, 01:56 PM
If Knick fails in 2010, Morey may want to avoid going to NYC for the rest of his life. He might have ruined the Knicks' future for the next decade.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Morey will never get shit from me again. He's like rainman.

Donnie Walsh just got raped.

If the Knicks end up with two max players no, Donnie did not get raped. The Knicks had no other choice here.

If Knick fails in 2010, Morey may want to avoid going to NYC for the rest of his life. He might have ruined the Knicks' future for the next decade.

Are you for real right now? Enjoy those late first rounders.

j.dizzle
02-18-2010, 01:57 PM
LOL at the knicks organization with the new "hope" & "change" campaign for the future..They better be praying a big name will want to sign with them.

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2010, 01:59 PM
This deal makes a lot more sense for Houston, great gamble here..

As for the Knicks, I'd be surprised if NY doesn't bring a big name here..Walsh is too confident and loose to not pick somebody up here..playing in NY should be an honor for anybody..overall, it's a good deal for NY IMO, potentially a great deal..

dirk4mvp
02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
playing in NY should be an honor for anybody..

Says who?

djohn2oo8
02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Chicago is an attractive destination for DWade, LeBron stays in Cleveland, Joe Johnson stays with Hawks, Amare might stay with suns

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-18-2010, 02:02 PM
This deal makes a lot more sense for Houston, great gamble here..

As for the Knicks, I'd be surprised if NY doesn't bring a big name here..Walsh is too confident and loose to not pick somebody up here..playing in NY should be an honor for anybody..

Basically. The Knicks have been terrible for a decade now. If they don't sign Lebron, it'll be someone else this summer, or even in 2011. Whatever player turns that franchise around will be getting their dick sucked daily by the city.

Fpoonsie
02-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Apparently, Hilton Armstrong's ALSO going to HOU...per chadford twitter.

noob cake
02-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Apparently, Hilton Armstrong's ALSO going to HOU...per chadford twitter.

Thats the deal breaker. I guess he is there to play PF/C in case Hill can't stay out of foul troubles.

Horry For 3!
02-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Rockets redeem theirselves with the 3 team trade.

IronMexican
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
They got Martin. That's all that matters.

Shank
02-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Wait. NYC, currently, is the basketball mecca? Really? That team will still have a long way to go to improve. And let's not forget D'Antoni is still the coach.

Double-Up
02-18-2010, 02:17 PM
They got Martin. That's all that matters.

Yep.

Kai
02-18-2010, 02:18 PM

Kevin Martin is a 6'7 TRUE Shooting guard. Not a tweener at all. He possesses a silky smooth ability to put the ball in the basket. I don't care what he's looked like this year, he has an ability that not 10 other players have in this league. Putting that along side Yao, a ~dominant(shrug) center who can hopefully stay healthy, is a recipe that has worked in this league for generations.

Jordan Hill has not played well or much this year by anymeans. That doesn't mean he 'sucks' like you are so sure he does. He was drafted number 8 for a reason. There are plenty of HOF players that looked pretty bad their rookie year as well, so it's a good thing not all NBA GM's think like you. To be honest though, I really am not expecting to get much out of Hill.

These picks have a legit chance of being pretty good. It is very possible that the Knicks won't be that good. Allow me to quote the great Bimathug from Clutchfans:

-For those people worried about the Knicks being "really good" in the next two years, think about this: With all of their cap room, in all likelihood, they will be able to have ONLY TWO out of the following options:

Max player #1
Max player #2
David Lee
Tracy McGrady

This leaves 11-12 roster spots. Three of those spots will go to Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler and Toney Douglas. (By the way, I am assuming that Eddy Curry's contract will be bought out, with New York giving him a boatload of cash on the front end in order to create enough cap room for a second max player.) So now, you're down to 8-9 roster spots remaining for the Knicks to fill.

Available remaining resources to sign said 8-9 players: the league minimum salary.

Sure, there are plenty of aging veterans with some tread left on their tires who would be willing to take the full MLE in lieu of a bigger pay day in order to play for a contender. But the freakin' LEAGUE MINIMUM??? I just don't see Ray Allen, Manu Ginobili and Shaq lining up for that gig.

Add to this the fact that Gallinari plays the same position as Bosh (PF) and Chandler plays the same position as Lebron (SF), and even if the Knicks get their dream scenario, ALL of their talent will be at two positions. They will have no guard play to speak of (Lebron would have to handle the ball even more than he does in Cleveland) and no banger down low (Bosh does NOT want to play center).

THAT, my friends, is not a contender. Which leads me to my next question: Why the hell would Lebron James want to leave Cleveland (a BETTER team that can pay him a HIGHER salary) for THAT???

Bottom line: That 2011 Knicks' pick could be absolute freakin' GOLD.

Lebron will be able to receive just as much money or more from Cleveland who is much better than NY, so why would he leave? Wade would be in a similar situation, plus the fact that Chicago will be gunning for him with an already promising core of Noah, Rose and Deng. I don't think Joe Johnson leaves Atlanta but if he went to NY, they would probably be overpaying him and I wouldn't feel too threatened. I could see Bosh going there but he lead a team of subpar role players to a 7-game below five hundred record and out of the playoffs last year.

NY will most likely be stuck with players like Boozer or Gay. But even if the picks suck, I trust Morey with draft picks.

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2010, 02:21 PM
NYC is always the basketball mecca..

GuerillaBlack
02-18-2010, 02:37 PM

LOL at you trying to say late first rounders like it's a bad thing. Chase Budinger, CARL LANDRY, and Aaron Brooks were all picked in the late first round, or around there. Morey is money with those picks.

Double-Up
02-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Thats the deal breaker. I guess he is there to play PF/C in case Hill can't stay out of foul troubles.

It sure as fuck better not be. :lol

The Franchise
02-18-2010, 02:40 PM
LOL at you trying to say late first rounders like it's a bad thing. Chase Budinger, CARL LANDRY, and Aaron Brooks were all picked in the late first round, or around there. Morey is money with those picks.

Thanks for taking time to explain this to the dunce.

ginobili's bald spot
02-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Says who?

Says the ex Knicks fan.

robbie380
02-18-2010, 02:53 PM
outside of being a rocket fan i would love to see the knicks get fucked and then shit on this offseason. man it would be epic to watch the stupid ass new york media who thinks they are entitled to lebron eat shit. :lol

fo'shizzle
02-18-2010, 03:34 PM
We know that the Knicks is desperate... but WHAT THE F is Sacramento thinking???
They should have gotten at least Hill instead of the Rockets.

monosylab1k
02-18-2010, 03:37 PM
The trade reported earlier was terrible for Houston. This one is pretty good.

Killakobe81
02-18-2010, 03:56 PM
The NY plan:
buy out curry
let expirings do so ...
Sign lebron
Sign a tier 2 guy like joe johnson
Re-sign lee (bird rights)

Only thing missing in that scenario is a BIG man ...
PG Sergio Rodriguez
SG Joe Johnson
SF Lebron
PF Lee
C - hole

Bench - Chandler, Galinari Harrington

Is THAT a GREAT team ...no! But with Lebron that is an ECF contender EASILY!!!

Kai
02-18-2010, 04:07 PM
The NY plan:
buy out curry
let expirings do so ...
Sign lebron

PG Sergio Rodriguez
SG Joe Johnson
SF Lebron
PF Lee
C - hole

Impossible. Lee willl have a cap hold of twice his current salary until they re-sign him or let him go. The knicks will not sign two near max players without renouncing Lee's rights.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Tracy has no chance in the uptempo Knicks offense...

Antoni's system is less wear and tear on a player than almost any other system. See Nash, Hill or Shaq if you don't believe me.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2010, 04:35 PM
playing in NY should be an honor for anybody

NYC is always the basketball mecca..

It's the street ball mecca. It's anything but the NBA mecca. Case in point, you live there and you're a Spurs fan.

sefant77
02-18-2010, 04:56 PM
ROFL, Rockets learned nothing the last 3 years.

Trading their old injury prone queen or another younger injury prone queen to play with their injury prone star center :lol

Cant wait for the first game in 10-11 with Yao and Martin sitting in a suit behind the bench.

Walsh is stupid and got desperate to dump Jeffries. Morey knew it and squeezed the shit out of him with the picks and Hill. Last year draft day "Jeffries and #8 for expirings" and Knicks would have their 2012 now. Moron.

Of course no-brainer for the Rockets but Kevin Martin replacing McGrady is allready comedy :rollin

robbie380
02-18-2010, 04:57 PM
The NY plan:
buy out curry
let expirings do so ...
Sign lebron

PG hole
SG Joe Johnson
SF Lebron
PF Lee
C - hole

fixed for you.

sefant77
02-18-2010, 05:00 PM
I would love when the Knicks fail in the summer.

Clearing the roster and cap fine but at this prize? They have 2 average talents left, playing the same position (and the position of James) and 1 late 1st in the next 3 draft.

noob cake
02-18-2010, 05:07 PM
I have just thought an absolutely disgusting trade....

2011 Rockets Pick (Swappable w/ Knicks), 2012 Knicks 1st (top 5 protected), 2012 Rockets 1st, 2012 Rockets 2nd, Jeffries EC, Battier EC, choice of various rotation players like Hill, Ariza, Budinger, Lowry for Sign and Trade LeBron or Bosh.

If Cleveland does that, they basically land two top lotto picks, Houston's 2012 1st and 2nd and a bunch of very nice pieces for rebuilding. Knicks would be absolutely screwed for the whole decade.

blink
02-18-2010, 05:10 PM
i hope lebron doesnt sign with the knicks.... hopefully he'll puss out like he did for the dunk contest.

ffadicted
02-18-2010, 05:31 PM
TMac is going to beast for New York if he gets legit playing time, book it folks, ff aka Nostradamus is calling it right now. I'll give up my sig for if he's not averaging 20+ a game by the time playoffs roll around, which the Knicks will have a shot at making btw

... (bold predictions to make up for lack of excitement today):lol

bdictjames
02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I can't believe the Knicks let go of Carl Landry.

Expect a less than 40 win season.

ClippersDynasty
02-18-2010, 05:40 PM
It's the street ball mecca. It's anything but the NBA mecca. Case in point, you live there and you're a Spurs fan.

:lmao

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-18-2010, 05:49 PM
I called Martin to Houston a month ago, although as usual no-one was listening.

It always made sense because Houston need a scorer, and the Kings needed to free up the ball for Tyreke (who plays better without Martin around).

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2010, 06:34 PM

As I said, BASKETBALL mecca..the sport of basketball..

The fact that I'm a Spurs fan shouldn't change the perception of New York fans..I wasn't living in NY for years when I got into the NBA as a kid, if I was, I probably would have turned out to be a Knicks fan..

Most people here are Knicks fans, but you'll obviously get variety when there are so many people that live here..

The thing I don't understand is why fans get so defensive when people call New Yiddy the basketball mecca..fans that live in other cities actually get angry about it for some reason..

Blame Tracy
02-18-2010, 06:52 PM
ROFL, Rockets learned nothing the last 3 years.

Trading their old injury prone queen or another younger injury prone queen to play with their injury prone star center :lol

Cant wait for the first game in 10-11 with Yao and Martin sitting in a suit behind the bench.

Walsh is stupid and got desperate to dump Jeffries. Morey knew it and squeezed the shit out of him with the picks and Hill. Last year draft day "Jeffries and #8 for expirings" and Knicks would have their 2012 now. Moron.

Of course no-brainer for the Rockets but Kevin Martin replacing McGrady is allready comedy :rollin

Why do you cry like a little girl on RealGM?

JMarkJohns
02-18-2010, 06:52 PM
For those down on Hill, don't be. I'm not going to say he's going to be an All-Star. I've never thought he had that high of potential. HOWEVER, he has very good potential to be a traditional back-to-the-basket PF with very strong rebounding and defensive skills. He's only been playing basketball competitively since age 15. He's only now starting to grow into his frame. He's never had consistent coaching, have two high school coaches (I'm pretty sure), three college coaches at Arizona (Olson, O'Neill, Pennell) and then got stuck with the worst coach for developing talent in NBA with D'Antoni. Despite his short tenure in competitive basketball and his inconsistent coaching, Hill has developed from a 6-7, 190 pound high school freshman into a 6-9, 15 pound high school senior. Despite being unranked and unknown by most scouting sites, his hard work caught the attention of Lute Olson. He improved EVERY SINGLE SEASON under THREE DIFFERENT COACHES in THREE DIFFERENT SYSTEMS, going from an unranked incoming freshman to a top-10 lottery pick in just three years. He developed by playing against MULTIPLE lottery picks in Spencer Hawes, Brook and Robin Lopez, Kevin Love as well as other highly successful collegiate/NBA big men in Jon Brockman, Tag Gibson, Chris Anderson and Jeff Pendergraph.

The kid is a hard worker who develops with even inconsistent coaching. He's never been stunted, despite all these trials and limitations until he become a player under all-offense-all-the-time D'Antoni where his traditional fundamentals were lost on his brilliant mind. Can't shoot... then sit. Can't dribble from the perimeter in... then sit. WHAT! YOU PLAY DEFENSE?! ... then sit.

Truth is this, there isn't a harder worker in this year's lottery, and if Taj Gibson can make a solid impact with half the athleticism and half the offensive skill, then I cannot wait to see what Hill will be capable with good coaching/schemes.

Again, I don't predict him to become a perennial All-Star, but within his rookie contract, 14/16 ppg, 7/9 rpg 1.5/2 bpg is likely. He's smart, he's motivated, he's coachable and he's finally with a team and coach who can use a player like that.

rascal
02-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Lebron to NY...book it.

Not happening.

rascal
02-18-2010, 07:04 PM
As I said, BASKETBALL mecca..the sport of basketball..

The fact that I'm a Spurs fan shouldn't change the perception of New York fans..I wasn't living in NY for years when I got into the NBA as a kid, if I was, I probably would have turned out to be a Knicks fan..

Most people here are Knicks fans, but you'll obviously get variety when there are so many people that live here..

The thing I don't understand is why fans get so defensive when people call New Yiddy the basketball mecca..fans that live in other cities actually get angry about it for some reason..

No doubt NY is a major basketball market and mecca for the nba.

Kamnik
02-18-2010, 07:09 PM
I called Martin to Houston a month ago, although as usual no-one was listening.

It always made sense because Houston need a scorer, and the Kings needed to free up the ball for Tyreke (who plays better without Martin around).

Good call. It makes sence for both teams. Especially if KM will play up to his potential...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2010, 07:15 PM

Fans get mad because the Knicks get tons of press and they haven't done jack shit to deserve it, and it's no longer the basketball Mecca. SoCal produces better high school player, isn't too far off street ball wise, has the winningest college basketball team ever, and has one of the top 2 NBA teams ever. New York isn't the basketball Mecca, SoCal is.

Ryan Bowen
02-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Fans get mad because the Knicks get tons of press and they haven't done jack shit to deserve it, and it's no longer the basketball Mecca. SoCal produces better high school player, isn't too far off street ball wise, has the winningest college basketball team ever, and has one of the top 2 NBA teams ever. New York isn't the basketball Mecca, SoCal is.

.......HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

only thing socal is good as producing is skaters and surfers. NY is the basketball mecca with Chicago ranking 2nd.. socal......:lol

redzero
02-18-2010, 09:31 PM
.......HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

only thing socal is good as producing is skaters and surfers. NY is the basketball mecca with Chicago ranking 2nd.. socal......:lol

There's a Ryan Bowen troll now?

Indazone
02-18-2010, 10:41 PM
before the trade was terrible. With the two draft picks...yes Morey has done it again. Still I wish we had traded Scola away instead of Landry.

djohn2oo8
02-18-2010, 10:45 PM
before the trade was terrible. With the two draft picks...yes Morey has done it again. Still I wish we had traded Scola away instead of Landry.

Remember that time where I said Scola should be in any trade instead of Landry, and you said that Landry should be traded? Oh well, we got Kevin Martin out of it, plus two great picks that will be used for a sign and trade

vander
02-19-2010, 11:51 AM
I admire the Rockets FO, they consistently make good moves, what other team could lose their 2 best players to injury and still be looking as good as ever.

with Hill and Martin and those picks, this team is DEEP and young and will be a borderline contender for a long time

Findog
02-19-2010, 01:57 PM
I can see now why they were so willing to get rid of Landry when they're in good position to land Bosh or Amare this summer. A foundation of Yao/Bosh or Amare/Martin is pretty damn good. Bosh would be preferable bc of Martin and Amare's injury history. Most scouts say Amare's game lends itself to wear and tear on the knees and he'll need work done again at some point.

Findog
02-19-2010, 01:57 PM
I admire the Rockets FO, they consistently make good moves, what other team could lose their 2 best players to injury and still be looking as good as ever.

with Hill and Martin and those picks, this team is DEEP and young and will be a borderline contender for a long time

:tu

Morey is a damn good GM.

djohn2oo8
02-19-2010, 04:25 PM
:tu

Morey is a damn good GM.

Amen...Morey, you sneaky bastard :)

Kai
02-19-2010, 04:56 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/23r60si.jpg

djohn2oo8
02-19-2010, 05:06 PM

:lol

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Look at this picture. 2 complete scrubs. 1 overpaid scrub. And an overpaid, injury prone, shoot-first, slightly gay, tweener guard. The Rockets are going nowhere. :lmao

http://www.nba.com/media/rockets/topstory10_traderecap021910.jpg

djohn2oo8
02-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Look at this picture. 2 complete scrubs. 1 overpaid scrub. And an overpaid, injury prone, shoot-first, slightly gay, tweener guard. The Rockets are going nowhere. :lmao

Tell that to the genius that acquired the Knick's two picks......Cubby, you couldn't stay away could you?

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Tell that to the genius that acquired the Knick's two picks......Cubby, you couldn't stay away could you?

You get to swap for a late first rounder with NY next year after they sign TWO max players. And then another late first rounder in 2012. WOW. Houston is really going places now.

The Franchise
02-19-2010, 06:05 PM

You sound a little scared to me.

djohn2oo8
02-19-2010, 06:35 PM
You get to swap for a late first rounder with NY next year after they sign TWO max players. And then another late first rounder in 2012. WOW. Houston is really going places now.

http://incredimazing.com/static/media/2009/11/12/Coolstorybro/CoolStoryBro.jpg

djohn2oo8
02-19-2010, 06:39 PM
You sound a little scared to me.

Brooks, Martin, and Ariza on the fastbreak sounds pretty good

vander
02-19-2010, 07:59 PM

:lol if NY doesn't get anybody and Houston gets a top 5 pick :lmao

mystargtr34
02-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Yea, i was critical of the Rockets first trade, thinking they gave T-Mac + Landry for Martin... but to get Hill and another first, i think thats a very good trade.

Lars
02-19-2010, 10:17 PM
You know this trade might not make us contenders but you cant help but be very excited about what Morey has been able to do in such a short amount of time. When you look at the 05/06 roster and compare it to todays, it really makes you smile.

He is so cool and calculated in his moves it is disgusting.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-20-2010, 01:45 AM
:lol if NY doesn't get anybody and Houston gets a top 5 pick :lmao

New York will get somebody. Even if it's a Joe Johnson they're still better than top 5 pick bad.

And the pick is top 1 protected next year and like top 5 protected in 2012

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-20-2010, 01:48 AM
You know this trade might not make us contenders but you cant help but be very excited about what Morey has been able to do in such a short amount of time. When you look at the 05/06 roster and compare it to todays, it really makes you smile.

05/06 Roster was in the playoffs and 50 win team the NEXT season. The roster is now a lottery team.

Losing makes you cum? Whatever floats your boat. :toast

He is so cool and calculated in his moves it is disgusting.

Morey gets props for having balls. But all these trades could potentially look worse a few years down the line.

Kai
02-20-2010, 02:07 AM
Morey gets props for having balls. But all these trades could potentially look worse a few years down the line.

Why do you seem so butthurt about this trade or the Rockets in general? Did they kill your father, or rape your mother or something? Yes, this trade is a gamble and could end up being bad for Houston, but the risk is well worth it. I'm sure you'd be in the minority if you disagree. Morey has done a good job with what he has been given since he came on board.

I get that you for some reason don't like this trade/the Rockets, but you are so blatant about it that it makes you come off as some condescending hater.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-20-2010, 02:37 AM
Why do you seem so butthurt about this trade or the Rockets in general? Did they kill your father, or rape your mother or something? Yes, this trade is a gamble and could end up being bad for Houston, but the risk is well worth it. I'm sure you'd be in the minority if you disagree. Morey has done a good job with what he has been given since he came on board.

Uh I could give two shits bout the Houston Rockets.

But try reading the thread title. Houston fans are acting like they raped New York/Sac when it's waaaaaaay too early to make such a judgement.

I get that you for some reason don't like this trade/the Rockets, but you are so blatant about it that it makes you come off as some condescending hater.

Why are you getting butthurt over my opinion? :lol Sorry if I'm not sucking Morey's dick like everyone else in this thread.

Unlike Spurs fan, I don't judge a trade by it's cover. After the Shaq and Gasol trades my opinion was, " we have wait and see how those players/picks turn out in a couple years before the trade can truly be judged for either side. "

I was right.

sook
02-20-2010, 02:39 AM
You fucking dumbass the 05-06 rocket team wasn't in the playoffs. How stupid are you learn some shit before you post.

The Third Man
02-20-2010, 02:41 AM
New York will get somebody. Even if it's a Joe Johnson they're still better than top 5 pick bad.

Dude, stop being a little bitch about a trade that has nothing to do with your team.

noob cake
02-20-2010, 03:11 AM

You mean two max contract + Chandler + Danilo + Curry + 8-10 min filler contracts will make them a playoff team?

If Knicks doesn't land LeBron/Filler or Wade/Bosh, their decade is over

Kai
02-20-2010, 03:33 AM
Unlike Spurs fan, I don't judge a trade by it's cover. After the Shaq and Gasol trades my opinion was, " we have wait and see how those players/picks turn out in a couple years before the trade can truly be judged for either side. "

I was right.

Oh yeah, you're definitely taking a wait and see approach.

Seriously,

Kai
02-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Why are you getting butthurt over my opinion? :lol Sorry if I'm not sucking Morey's dick like everyone else in this thread.

I'm not getting any sort of butthurt over your opinion I honestly think you actually have some knowlege and seem to be more logical than some of the posters here, you just partially invalidate your posts when you come off as a hater.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-20-2010, 03:45 AM
You fucking dumbass the 05-06 rocket team wasn't in the playoffs. How stupid are you learn some shit before you post.

Are you mentally retarded? I said the NEXT season after that they were a 50 win team. Can you read?

05/06 was shitty because of injuries.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-20-2010, 03:47 AM
Oh yeah, you're definitely taking a wait and see approach.

Jordan Hill sucks. It's a fact.

Wait and see = Martin and picks.

Everything I said though was true, including the slightly gay and overpaid part.

Blame Tracy
02-20-2010, 03:50 AM
I guess we have a Laker troll in here.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-20-2010, 04:58 AM
I'm not getting any sort of butthurt over your opinion I honestly think you actually have some knowlege and seem to be more logical than some of the posters here, you just partially invalidate your posts when you come off as a hater.

Overall Houston has a bunch nice young pieces but they're at least 2-3 more WIN NOW type trades from contender status. 07/08 they were winning 22 games straight now lottery. Just have to look at things in perspective. If those first rounders don't turn out then they traded Mcgrady for Jeffries and Jordan Hill and he really really sucks.

djohn2oo8
02-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Overall Houston has a bunch nice young pieces but they're at least 2-3 more WIN NOW type trades from contender status. 07/08 they were winning 22 games straight now lottery. Just have to look at things in perspective. If those first rounders don't turn out then they traded Mcgrady for Jeffries and Jordan Hill and he really really sucks.

Morey has proved that he doesn't need lottery picks to find good talent...Either way, those picks are trade bait

mojorizen7
02-20-2010, 05:05 AM
...and the rebuilding on the fly process starts.

I'm jealous like a bitch.
SUNS are like that little German army that gets whooped by the Romans in Gladiator.
"People should know when they're conquered." :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

Kai
02-20-2010, 11:48 AM

I agree with everything except for 2-3 more trades. We haven't seen what this squad can do yet, and we just turned down a Scola/Battier/picks for Amare deal. I'd imagine Morey will revisit that type of deal in the offseason. Yao/Martin/Brooks/Amare-type of player is a contender. Not saying it will happen, but still.