PDA

View Full Version : Suns Wanted Blair And Hill For Amare

Duncan2177
02-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Trade buzz: Amar’e likely staying with Suns
By Marc J. Spears and Adrian Wojnarowski 55 minutes ago

Barring an unexpected trade offer materializing in the final few hours, Amar’e Stoudemire’s agent expects him to remain with the Phoenix Suns for the rest of the season.

As a Suns source told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday, a trade with the Miami Heat is a “longshot, at best.”

“He’s staying here,” the Suns source said.

Stoudemire’s agent, Happy Walters, had several tense conversations with Suns general manager Steve Kerr on Wednesday after talks between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns ended.

Everyone kept waiting for a sleeper to steal Amar’e Stoudemire in the last hours prior to the trade deadline. How about the San Antonio Spurs? After all, they had privately considered making a bid for Stoudemire.

Still, while the Spurs and Suns did have a cursory conversation in this process, discussions never got going because San Antonio is unwilling to move two of its best young players, guard George Hill and forward DeJuan Blair.

Stoudemire is unhappy with the way he’s been jerked around the last few trade deadlines, and it will undoubtedly be an uncomfortable final several weeks with the Suns.

– Adrian Wojnarowski, 11:11 a.m. ET, Feb. 18
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-tradebuzz021710&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

mexicanjunior
02-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Should have pulled the trigger on that deal...

SenorSpur
That's not surprising at all. I wonder how fast the Spurs hung the phone up.

Muser
As much as I love Blair/Hill...I probably do this.

Or do I..I don't know. First reaction was yes, but then thinking about it more...I don't know.

Spursmania
Hello? hello? you still there?

SenorSpur
02-18-2010, 02:54 PM

Or do I..I don't know. First reaction was yes, but then thinking about it more...I don't know.

As much as you love Blair/Hill, that why you DON'T do this.

BTW, just offering up Hill/Blair wouldn't do it anyway. The Spurs would've need to package up more assets or involve a 3rd team.

People tend to overrate Stoudamire anyway.

kjhip1
02-18-2010, 02:55 PM
I wouldnt have pulle dthe trigger.. You risk losing all three players at season's end. I highly doubt Amare would have stayed.

jaffies
Fuck no.

phyzik
That's not surprising at all. I wonder how fast the Spurs hung the phone up.

Probably mid way through their laughing....

BG_Spurs_Fan

For half a season rental of a mentally challenged moron who'd never understand the system or play a lick of defense unless someone spoonfeeds him for easy baskets. No way.

robert1886
02-18-2010, 02:56 PM
no way in hell...glad it didnt happen

SenorSpur
02-18-2010, 02:58 PM
For half a season rental of a mentally challenged moron who'd never understand the system or play a lick of defense unless someone spoonfeeds him for easy baskets. No way.

Stated much better than I was able to.

:tu

Death In June
02-18-2010, 02:58 PM
I'd give up RJ/Blair or any combination thereof for Amare. Not Hill, Manu, Tony, Duncan (obviously).

nkdlunch
02-18-2010, 02:59 PM
so lose Blair and Hill for a few couple month rental of Amare????

fuck no!

SenorSpur
02-18-2010, 03:00 PM
I'd give up RJ/Blair or any combination thereof for Amare. Not Hill, Manu, Tony, Duncan (obviously).

RJ only would be close.

Hill and Blair are FAR MORE important and valuable to the Spurs than RJ.

Xylus
02-18-2010, 03:00 PM
People tend to overrate Stoudamire anyway.

Did you see the kind of deals the Suns were getting offered for Amare? No one overrates him, because everyone expects his knee to disintegrate at any moment. I mean no disrespect to Blair and Hill, but the Suns would have been crazy to make that deal.

The Suns' two best players are a PG and PF. Why would they deal for a lesser PG and a lesser PF?

ElNono
02-18-2010, 03:01 PM
LOL @ Kerr trying to pull a fast one on Pop

Mel_13
02-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Back in 2007 PHX wouldn't give up Amare to get Garnett, now they can't even get teams to give up JJ Hickson, George Hill, or DeJuan Blair.

SenorSpur
02-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Amare is a fantastic offensive player, mediocre rebounder and defensive dumb-ass.

benefactor
Back in 2007 PHX wouldn't give up Amare to get Garnett, now they can't even get teams to give up JJ Hickson, George Hill, or DeJuan Blair.
:lmao

ginobili fan
i'm sorry you say yessss

8FOR!3
02-18-2010, 03:05 PM

Well at this point in their career I'd much rather have Amar'e than KG, but yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm glad we didn't do this trade though. George Hill and DeJuan Blair is too much for Amar'e.

Truckules
02-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Well at this point in their career I'd much rather have Amar'e than KG, but yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm glad we didn't do this trade though. George Hill and DeJuan Blair is too much for Amar'e.

It would be giving up your future for a chance at the now.

Muser
02-18-2010, 03:10 PM
I see why people don't want to give up Hill/Blair, but who knows when we get another player who we can build around? Does keeping Hill/Blair for the remaining years of TD put us into championsip contention? And on the other hand does a combination of TD/Amare pose a threat?

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, i'm just trying to put across my feelings on the matter.

trypldubl
02-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Amare is a product of the system, he needs a setup guard like nash for him to flourish. If he were to come here, he would not be a good weakside defender and would be just another blackhole in the offense. He doesn't know how to make players around him better and is not as dominant athletic wise anymore.

nkdlunch
02-18-2010, 03:19 PM
doing this trade you are not guaranteeing a championship this year, but you are guaranteeing a failure for the next few years

Bukefal
02-18-2010, 03:21 PM
:lol @ this 'trade'

mudyez
02-18-2010, 03:23 PM
I see why people don't want to give up Hill/Blair, but who knows when we get another player who we can build around? Does keeping Hill/Blair for the remaining years of TD put us into championsip contention? And on the other hand does a combination of TD/Amare pose a threat?

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, i'm just trying to put across my feelings on the matter.

I'd rather have 5 matt bonners on the court, than routing for a team, that is build around amare...he just isnt worth it!

he is an ok second or 3rd option for a team, that can set him up and hide him on defense...kind of the hornets with CP3 and Okafor or or or????

My Fault
02-18-2010, 03:25 PM
LOL @ Kerr trying to pull a fast one on Pop

Pop? This whole time I thought RC was the GM...

SenorSpur
02-18-2010, 03:28 PM
I'd rather have 5 matt bonners on the court, than routing for a team, that is build around amare...he just isnt worth it!

he is an ok second or 3rd option for a team, that can set him up and hide him on defense...kind of the hornets with CP3 and Okafor or or or????

As much as I've bashed on Bonner, I would root for him before Stoudamire. At least Bonner gives effort, works hard and tries to maximizes the minimal talent that he has.

Amare is a self-important, dumb-ass who is not as great as he thinks he is. Has this guy even tried to develop any semblance of a face-up game? Will he ever commit to even trying to defend the pick-n-roll? Hasn't so far. No thanks.

02-18-2010, 03:28 PM
uhhhh does that include ginobili? cuz if it doesn't, WTF? i would gladly ship out hill and blair for a duncan, stoudemire, parker, ginobili core. that's championship #5.

EricB
02-18-2010, 03:33 PM
uhhhh does that include ginobili? cuz if it doesn't, WTF? i would gladly ship out hill and blair for a duncan, stoudemire, parker, ginobili core. that's championship #5.

Thank god your not the GM.

Xylus
02-18-2010, 03:35 PM
As much as I've bashed on Bonner, I would root for him before Stoudamire. At least Bonner gives effort, works hard and tries to maximizes the minimal talent that he has.

Amare is a self-important, dumb-ass who is not as great as he thinks he is. Has this guy even tried to develop any semblance of a face-up game? Will he ever commit to even trying to defend the pick-n-roll? Hasn't so far. No thanks.

Amare came into the league with nothing else but insane athleticism and an explicit need to dunk the ball. He's recovered from microfracture surgery nicely, has one of the smoothest and most automatic jumpers in the game (which he had to work on to improve) for a big man, and has, despite what you say, improved his defense to the point where he's not a liability anymore.

People have this misconception that Amare gets all of his offense from Nash, but the truth is he gets very little from Nash these days. Coach Gentry runs iso plays for Amare several times a game. His face-up game is one of the best in the league for a power forward.

The main knock on Stoudemire is that he loses focus from time to time, and if he's not scoring, he slows down a little.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Glad we didnt do it

PM5K
02-18-2010, 03:38 PM
I'd consider giving up either but not both for Amare. Problem is that you'd have to give up both and then some because Amare is making about 16 million this year.

I'd consider giving them Blair or Hill and Jefferson for Amare.

I'd have to think a while to decide which one.

SenorSpur
02-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Amare came into the league with nothing else but insane athleticism and an explicit need to dunk the ball. He's recovered from microfracture surgery nicely, has one of the smoothest and most automatic jumpers in the game (which he had to work on to improve) for a big man, and has, despite what you say, improved his defense to the point where he's not a liability anymore.

People have this misconception that Amare gets all of his offense from Nash, but the truth is he gets very little from Nash these days. Coach Gentry runs iso plays for Amare several times a game. His face-up game is one of the best in the league for a power forward.

The main knock on Stoudemire is that he loses focus from time to time, and if he's not scoring, he slows down a little.

As you are a Suns fan, I wont debate your well-informed opinion. However, when he decides to expand his focus on rebounding and defending, let me know.

That said, I still wouldn't trade my young players for him.

Xylus
02-18-2010, 03:41 PM
As you are a Suns fan, I wont debate your well-informed opinion. However, when he decides to expand his focus on rebounding and defending, let me know.

He'll never be a great rebounder or defender, you're right. But he's not a bad defender or a bad rebounder, particularly in the playoffs. Say what you want about Amare, but he takes his game to another level in the postseason.

mudyez
02-18-2010, 03:41 PM
best non-trade of Spurs team history!

Budkin
02-18-2010, 03:42 PM
would have been a horrible move IMO... those guys are our future.

rjv
02-18-2010, 03:43 PM
how does this even make sense? the salaries are not even close.

ElNono
02-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Pop? This whole time I thought RC was the GM...

Pop is the Spurs' President of Basketball Operations...

02-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Thank god your not the GM.
it's you're, not your.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-18-2010, 03:46 PM
He'll never be a great rebounder or defender, you're right. But he's not a bad defender or a bad rebounder, particularly in the playoffs. Say what you want about Amare, but he takes his game to another level in the postseason.

Xylus, no one is saying he's a bad player, he clearly is not, but he's not a player to build around and doesn't deserve the max or near max deal that he demands.We'd only be getting him for half a season and it's safe to assume the Suns would ask for Ginobili, and would never take on RJ's contract even if the Spurs give them Hill, Blair, cash and 2 1st rounders, thus trading all of our young players and Manu for the minimal chance that a core of Timmy, Tony and Amare lift this team to the championship this season, would not be a wise move.

Mr. Body
02-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Hill and Blair may never be much more than good bench players/spot starters -- maybe more -- but I don't like giving them up for half-a year of Stoudamire. Good whiff.

Meanwhile, does Kerr think they can S&T him this summer?

02-18-2010, 03:50 PM
spurs fans love to hate stoudemire but he pretty much explodes in the playoffs. not good enough clutch factor but i still remember him putting up 40 pts, 16 rebs, and four blocks against the spurs. his numbers are beastly but he's not much of a closer. if he was, the suns would have a championship. but if he's really good until the last 2 minutes.

PM5K
02-18-2010, 03:51 PM
I think if we could have gotten him it would have been nice. We already have a great rebounder and defender, his name is Tim Duncan, Amare would be the outside defender with Tim as his backup, as long as Amare plays good defense, I think it would work well.

SenorSpur
02-18-2010, 03:53 PM

Amare has had some monster postseason games, that's true. Many of those against the Spurs. However the bottom line is that his team didn't win. As a player with such gifted skills and as hard as he's worked to become a great offensive player, that doesn't excuse the fact that he's not developed as a rebounder and defender.

I seem to remember how he's been somewhat of a public whiner and complainer. It started during the final years of D'AnToni regime. He was naturally frustrated with losing in the playoffs and felt the team needed to defend better - and rightfully so. Then when the FO replaced D'Antoni with a coach that demanded the team focus on the defensive end, he was one of the first to complain that he wasn't having any fun.

The guy just seems like an enigma and occasional malcontent. I know he's probably frustrated with all the trade talk. Since he and the Suns are still married to one another, I'd be curious to see where this relationship goes from here.

EmptyMan
02-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Would have quit being a spurs fan.

Sobe_Kucks
02-18-2010, 03:57 PM

They never talk about his stellar defense? No disrespect but the last thing we need on the Spurs is a "scorer" with a suspect head on his shoulders. Spurs are already scoring more points than ever, we need a selfless big who will help with weakside defense and also stretch the floor with an outside shot. Defense is more important than scoring at this point, being a professional, team player great attitude guy who doesn't complain about not being the #1 or #2 option is what we need. Amare doesn't fit the bill in any sense.

If we had dumped our future for Amare, bad Knees (isn't there an issue with his retna), bad 'tude, and the chance he wouldn't resign... that would have been even more disastrous than the RJ deal. At least we can recover next year from the failed experiment that is RJ and get Timmy some help in his final year/s. Turns out the best move the FO made was in NOT making this deal. Amare has "bust" written all over him for this team.

Spurtacus
02-18-2010, 03:59 PM
throw in Manu for Dragic while we're at it.

Kerr's an idiot.

Thompson
02-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Kerr: "We'll give you Amare, our unconditional 2012 and 2014 picks and take back whoever you want us to for cap relief if you give us Blai... Hello? Hello?"

jesterbobman
02-18-2010, 04:11 PM
If Jefferson, Blair and Hill would've gotten it done, It's an interesting option. You'd need to have made another deal to get a backup PG, and Try to pry away someone like Dudley/Hill from the Suns to fill our hole at SF.

Are those two worth giving up to hit refresh on RJ, Fill his spot with a role playing y shooter and hope for a contract year contracted Amar'e to catch fire. That's debatable. If you're giving up Manu, a TP-Bogans-RJ-Amare-TD lineup probably doesn't have a chance, so I wouln't do that.

nkdlunch
02-18-2010, 04:13 PM
I might have done Hill + Blair + RJ for Amare + Dragic

sabar
02-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah, this team needs another scorer that needs the ball. Four isn't enough.
Best non-trade in recent history.

SenorSpur
02-18-2010, 04:29 PM
They never talk about his stellar defense? No disrespect but the last thing we need on the Spurs is a "scorer" with a suspect head on his shoulders. Spurs are already scoring more points than ever, we need a selfless big who will help with weakside defense and also stretch the floor with an outside shot. Defense is more important than scoring at this point, being a professional, team player great attitude guy who doesn't complain about not being the #1 or #2 option is what we need. Amare doesn't fit the bill in any sense.

If we had dumped our future for Amare, bad Knees (isn't there an issue with his retna), bad 'tude, and the chance he wouldn't resign... that would have been even more disastrous than the RJ deal. At least we can recover next year from the failed experiment that is RJ and get Timmy some help in his final year/s. Turns out the best move the FO made was in NOT making this deal. Amare has "bust" written all over him for this team.

which is all why trading for this guy never made any sense. And the thought of giving up Hill or Blair or even both, for a half-season rental is even more unappealing. Amare would be a luxury item, not a need.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Too tall.

baseline bum
02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
That would have been a horrible trade. Then you'd be forced to re-sign Amare.

Sobe_Kucks
02-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Too tall.

:lmao Niiice!

spurtech09
02-18-2010, 05:12 PM
no way dude

Cant_Be_Faded
02-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Smart move. We'd lose most of our depth and all of our youth for a shitty playoff nonrebounding non defensive power forward.

exstatic
02-18-2010, 09:20 PM

Are you on fucking crack? Amare is going to OPT OUT THIS SUMMER!!! You'd be giving them two cheap productive players for a 2 month rental.

exstatic
02-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Amare is a fantastic offensive player, mediocre rebounder and defensive dumb-ass.

For his size and hops, he's a piss poor rebounder. His r/48 minute number is 12. The Spurs have three players who rebound better than that: Blair at 16.9, Duncan at 16.4, and Dice at 13.2.

Spursfan092120
02-18-2010, 09:47 PM
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/andyrgee/tomcruiselaugh.gif

xtremesteven33
02-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Im pretty sure Pop didnt even consider trading Blair/Hill for Amare. Blair has the potential to be a more complete player than Amare.

I and most people are very high on Dejuan. He seems to have the "it" factor. Pop just needs to loosen the chains on him a little more and see what he can really do.

vander
02-18-2010, 10:00 PM
I would have given up Blair for Amare, It's not like Pop is going to use Blair in the playoffs anyways, and we'd have a big man who actually demands a double team. this would open it up for our shooters again

Blair + Manu + Fin for Amare

Mason gets a lot more minutes and plays well

that would have worked, that would have brought #5

it would have made a lot of sense for the Suns to, Manu and Blair would work great with Nash

also: Blair will never be as good as Amare, a lot of people are kidding themselves here

ElNono
02-18-2010, 10:01 PM
I would have given up Blair for Amare, It's not like Pop is going to use Blair in the playoffs anyways, and we'd have a big man who actually demands a double team. this would open it up for our shooters again

Mason gets a lot more minutes and plays well

it would have made a lot of sense for the Suns to, Manu and Blair would work great with Nash

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/andyrgee/tomcruiselaugh.gif

Mel_13
02-18-2010, 10:06 PM

So the gap between the Spurs and the Lakers would be completely overcome by adding Amare while subtracting Manu and Blair.

Sorry, but that math doesn't work.

ashbeeigh
02-18-2010, 10:15 PM
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Never.

lefty
02-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Hell no.........

Supergirl
02-18-2010, 10:59 PM
I am so glad the Spurs FO agrees with me on this one. I would trade anyone other than the big 3 or Hill or Blair to add the offense of Amare into the SPurs mix, but I wouldn't budge on trading away any of those 5. Amare is a defensive liability and you don't trade two solid defensive young players for someone like that.

vander
02-18-2010, 11:08 PM
So the gap between the Spurs and the Lakers would be completely overcome by adding Amare while subtracting Manu and Blair.

Sorry, but that math doesn't work.

not a lot of subtraction going on, Manu is shit against quality teams. but for all you indignant CoM members, don't fret, Manu could come back next year with the LLE or something :lol

ElNono
02-18-2010, 11:13 PM
not a lot of subtraction going on, Manu is shit against quality teams. but for all you indignant CoM members, don't fret, Manu could come back next year with the LLE or something :lol

Are you coming back if Bonner walks?

JMarkJohns
02-18-2010, 11:22 PM

That's not true at all... Suns first offer was Amare/filler/two mid-round/late 1sts, this way they could become better defensively with Bell at SG, Marion at SF, Diaw at PF and Garnett and Thomas at the PF/C positions depending on the lineup. However, Minnesota didn't want to have that much of its CAP wrapped up in a player coming off major knee surgery... Oops! (http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=3509)

After Minnesota turned down Amare, Phoenix offered Marion/Diaw/picks or Maron/Thomas/Picks but Minnesota was determined to get a young star and didn't rate Diaw as highly as Jefferson.

timtonymanu
02-18-2010, 11:33 PM
losing our future for good for a guy who may sign somewhere else next season if he did come here. good decision by the FO.

ezau
02-19-2010, 12:13 AM
lol Blair and Hill for Amar'etard

mystargtr34
02-19-2010, 12:55 AM
If Amare was signed long-term, you do that deal in a heartbeat, but not for a 3 month rental.

Smart decision.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-19-2010, 01:00 AM
This team isn't winning shit with the future of Hill and Blair. The Spurs could have re-signed Amare, depending on how far they went in the Playoffs. Plus next year they could have gotten rid of Jefferson because of his expiring contract.

Also, Duncan has only 2 good years left you do everytihing in your power to win now..outside of the big 3 you trade anybody and everybody for Amare.

Congrats - you have allocated $60+ million to 4 players for 2011 - Tim, Tony, RJ and Amare, and the Spurs would only have the MLE to work with. Awesome! You paying?

TDMVPDPOY
02-19-2010, 01:57 AM
i rather gamble on splitter with the MLE, then absorbing watever amares asking price is when his a FA resigining with us

Capt Bringdown
02-19-2010, 02:34 AM
I hate the idea of trading away young promising players, but there is the reality of Pop's coaching to consider.
Blair's at least a year or two away from getting significant PO minutes from Pop.
At least with Amare, we'd get to see what he could do.

As for the future, when Hill and Blair are the stars of the team in a post-Duncan era, who cares?
The future is now.

Manudo Flopo
02-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Stupid asses, Amare is way better that no knees Malik Blair and porno star-wannabe Hill

sa_butta
02-19-2010, 10:21 AM
that is downright laughable.

SpurNation
02-19-2010, 11:05 AM
I would hope that Blair and Hill in the future are not going to be counted on as this team's top players for another championship. But also think they can be key contributors with one (hopefully two) of the top 5 players in the league on the team.

And let's face it...Duncan in a couple of years (maybe even starting next season) isn't going to be a top 5 player in the league at his position.

If this is the hope of the organization that Duncan will be that type of player to once again carry a team into the finals...that's going to be the biggest gamble the F/O is making.

And God love him and all he's done for the team...but Duncan will need more than just Hill and Blair to win another title these next couple of years. And that's if Parker can play a whole season not being injured as well as not loosing a step.

All things considered at this point...I don't see management ever luring a top player to this team during Duncan's last couple of years of productive play.

And as far as bid wars for talent that could actually make a difference for this team, management hasn't done a very good job of that lately either.

So it appears that the hopes of another title during the Duncan era is going to mainly rest on it's ability to draft talent. And it has to be really good talent at that.

And what's the best way to get really good talent in the draft?

foodie2
02-19-2010, 11:11 AM

Absolutely. Giving up Blair/Hill defense for no defense is not exactly the way we want the Spurs going forward.

johngateswhiteley
02-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Fuck no.

thank you.

mexicanjunior
05-05-2010, 11:34 PM
So who wants a do over on this?

Beaverfuzz
05-05-2010, 11:37 PM
So who wants a do over on this?

Are you joking? No f'n way do you take Amare.

mexicanjunior
05-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Are you joking? No f'n way do you take Amare.

Seriously? You don't think Amare on this team would make more impact than Hill and Blair have these playoffs? Would the Suns even have made the playoffs with Hill and Blair instead of Amare?

Cant_Be_Faded
05-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Amare has always been and will always be a joke.

When he entered the league he was a one of a kind athletic specimen. Now every draft we see more and more players who make Amare look like smegma.

Amare is still going to be absolutely worthless in a few years once his knee-battered athleticism wanes too. Hes basically an undersized Dwight Howard with two knee surgeries, no blocks, no rebounds, no defense, and hardly even gets sick dunks anymore.

He's a joke.

mexicanjunior
05-05-2010, 11:42 PM

When he entered the league he was a one of a kind athletic specimen. Now every draft we see more and more players who make Amare look like smegma.

Amare is still going to be absolutely worthless in a few years once his knee-battered athleticism wanes too. Hes basically an undersized Dwight Howard with two knee surgeries, no blocks, no rebounds, no defense, and hardly even gets sick dunks anymore.

He's a joke.

No one is saying Amare will dominate 5 years down the road once his athleticism declines but...right now while Duncan is still an all-star...would he be helping this team win a title more than Hill/Blair are?

Kool Bob Love
05-05-2010, 11:43 PM
No one is saying Amare will dominate 5 years down the road once his athleticism declines but...right now while Duncan is still an all-star...would he be helping this team win a title more than Hill/Blair are?

no...

Cant_Be_Faded
05-05-2010, 11:43 PM

No fucking way.

He is a giant joke.

He's had his balls coddled by easy baskets from Steve Nash for the majority of his career, artificially inflating every stat he's ever posted since the 2004 season.

And he's never been clutch. Just look at his playoff performance as a whole.

He's a Dwight Howard of 2002-2003. He's old news. A joke. If he had not fucked up his knees he'd probably still be a good trade, PROBABLY, but right now he's the same old joke just aged faster.

rayray2k8
05-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Still a no from me.

mexicanjunior
05-05-2010, 11:46 PM
No fucking way.

He is a giant joke.

He's had his balls coddled by easy baskets from Steve Nash for the majority of his career, artificially inflating every stat he's ever posted since the 2004 season.

And he's never been clutch. Just look at his playoff performance as a whole.

He's a Dwight Howard of 2002-2003. He's old news. A joke. If he had not fucked up his knees he'd probably still be a good trade, PROBABLY, but right now he's the same old joke just aged faster.

Well...someone needs to tell Tim and Mcdyess that Amare is a joke because he is shitting all over them right now. I think Manu would have had as much success spoon feeding Amare dunks as Nash does now...it's a shame only 2 big men on this team can actually catch his passes with any kind of regularity.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Well...someone needs to tell Tim and Mcdyess that Amare is a joke because he is shitting all over them right now. I think Manu would have had as much success spoon feeding Amare dunks as Nash does now...it's a shame only 2 big men on this team can actually catch his passes with any kind of regularity.

Everything Amare has done in these past two games has been MUCH less than he's done against us in the past.

He's scored at twice the current rate in previous series, and even THAT RATE was totally manageable.

So he's scoring less, and its twice as manageable.

Amare is like the 150th reason we lost tonight.

He's a joke.

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2010, 11:48 PM
If Stoudemire is signed long-term, of course it's a no-brainer..if it's a rental, then you don't do it, like my man mystar said..

I don't like Amare either, but the hate on this page is absurd..Stoudemire is a top 5 big man in the NBA and he's the best player on a team that has a great chance at making the WCF..

Duncan has actually defended him extremely well in this series IMO, but that doesn't change the fact that Amare has played some elite basketball in the past few months..

mexicanjunior
05-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Everything Amare has done in these past two games has been MUCH less than he's done against us in the past.

He's scored at twice the current rate in previous series, and even THAT RATE was totally manageable.

So he's scoring less, and its twice as manageable.

Amare is like the 150th reason we lost tonight.

He's a joke.

Amare is the reason Nash is having jogs to the layup line. No one can help protect the paint because they know coming off of Amare = automatic dunk. He doesn't have to score 40 to have a major impact in this serires. Plus, his rebounding alone would be worth giving up 2 guys that have done nothing of significance this series.

Jeremy
05-05-2010, 11:51 PM

He's a joke.

Are you joking??? Amare is averaging 12 rebounds per game this series, Duncan is averaging 10.5. And Amare has outrebounded Duncan in both games.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Amare is the reason Nash is having jogs to the layup line. No one can help protect the paint because they know coming off of Amare = automatic dunk. He doesn't have to score 40 to have a major impact in this serires. Plus, his rebounding alone would be worth giving up 2 guys that have done nothing of significance this series.

Switching to a different track, if we had made that trade then it means our already meager bench is 1 less.

No way we make it past Dallas with Amare as a bench.

So...

slick'81
05-05-2010, 11:53 PM
no way u dont do that trade if ur sa and can sign him to a extension but it didnt happen no need to worry about it now

mexicanjunior
05-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Switching to a different track, if we had made that trade then it means our already meager bench is 1 less.

No way we make it past Dallas with Amare as a bench.

So...

Trading Amare for Dejuan and using Temple to backup Parker instead of Hill...such a non-brainer. I seriously don't see your logic at all.

Gaddabout
05-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Amare is a product of the system, he needs a setup guard like nash for him to flourish. If he were to come here, he would not be a good weakside defender and would be just another blackhole in the offense. He doesn't know how to make players around him better and is not as dominant athletic wise anymore.

Not true, not true, not true.

Amare averaged 20/9.5 a year before Nash. He was playing with a basketball black hole named Stephon Marbury at PG. Amare has regained most of this athleticism.

He's not half the passer he should be at this stage, but he's developed a mid-range jumpshot and he's at least an average defender since he played on the Olympic team. The Suns couldn't have beaten the Spurs the last two games without Amare's occasional defense on Duncan.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Trading Amare for Dejuan and using Temple to backup Parker instead of Hill...such a non-brainer. I seriously don't see your logic at all.

Ehhhhhh

so you're saying Temple is the same offensive player as Hill?

Well I seriously understand why you don't see my logic now.

mexicanjunior
05-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Ehhhhhh

so you're saying Temple is the same offensive player as Hill?

Well I seriously understand why you don't see my logic now.

Which Hill? The one that showed up big for 2 games last series or the one we are seeing this series?

Hill is a better player than Temple but Amare right now is a MUCH better player than Blair...the trade off would definitely favor the Spurs. If you don't see that, you must have helped put together George and Dejuan's highlight reels on Youtube...

4>0rings
05-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Still sure?

BlackSwordsMan
05-07-2010, 11:14 PM
spurs resign bonner and mason
book it

mexicanjunior
05-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Still sure?

Blair and Hill were such game changers...holding on to them for a spare like Amare was such a no brainer... :lol

Capt Bringdown
05-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Well, I guess the Spurs FO wanted to save Hill and Blair for the lottery years.