PDA

View Full Version : Pop Staying the Course

BadOne
02-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Well, looks like its time to go all in, just as Holt did. Pop did this same thing in '07 when the Mavs and Suns looked untouchable. We won it that year. As fans, we want our team to succeed, regardless of who they beat to get there. As long as T.D. T.P. & Manu are on that court, we have a fighting chance. Who knows, R.J. could finally wake up from him coma and start contributing on both ends at a higher level.

No matter what, Pop is a genious if this works, but if he fails, don't be too suprised to more people hating on him.

[I]-BADONE

:flag::lobt::flag::lobt::flag::lobt::flag::lobt::f lag::lobt2:

Duncan2177
02-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Well, looks like its time to go all in, just as Holt did. Pop did this same thing in '07 when the Mavs and Suns looked untouchable. We won it that year. As fans, we want our team to succeed, regardless of who they beat to get there. As long as T.D. T.P. & Manu are on that court, we have a fighting chance. Who knows, R.J. could finally wake up from him coma and start contributing on both ends at a higher level.

No matter what, Pop is a genious if this works, but if he fails, don't be too suprised to more people hating on him.

[I]-BADONE

:flag::lobt::flag::lobt::flag::lobt::flag::lobt::f lag::lobt2:

If it fails dont be suprise if Pop fires himself he even stated he would fire himself if the spurs didnt win it.

peacemaker885
02-18-2010, 03:19 PM
This is a statement from Pop. GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

mexicanjunior
02-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Believe...

BadOne
02-18-2010, 03:22 PM
If it fails dont be suprise if Pop fires himself he even stated he would fire himself if the spurs didnt win it.

I couldn't say I'd have a problem with that if they fail. Mike Dunleavy knew when it was time to step down as coach, lets just hope if it comes to that, Pop can swallow his pride. Who, though, would Spurs fans welcome as a replacement? [I guess its too early to wonder about that].

SenorSpur
02-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Course. What course?

The only course this team is on now is one that gets them out of playoff contention and into the NBA Lottery?

Hey, maybe that's not such a bad idea after all.

Chomag
02-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Ahhh using the past once agian...

What might be missleading looking in the past would be that all the big 3 were all in their primes then.

02-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Ahhh using the past once agian...

What might be missleading looking in the past would be that all the big 3 were all in their primes then.
staying the course means crashing into the mountain.

BadOne
02-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Ahhh using the past once again...

I'm sure you're right man, but I've gotta motivate myself to continue watching and supporting this team somehow. Its not Tim, Tony, or Manu's fault that the FO made a gamble and lost this year as far as the off season signees are concerned.

If we can't bother watching and supporting them, what kind of fans would that make us? How else can we get motivated?

rayray2k8
02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
You're a fucking idiot... I bet you still believe in santa and the easter bunny, right?
Spurs tried to make a trade but nobody wanted our garbage players.

Spurs looking at another 1st round exit with this roster. They'll get destroyed by the thunder/blazers type teams.
I can already see the Bonners and Jeffersons shooting bricks and putting their heads down..

Well, thats it for this year.. I'm already looking forward to next season. Spurs aint getting a single
cent from me this season. I might even cut back watching spurs games in the remainging season.

SUPER FACE PALM TIME!!!!!

Oh god I think im gonna be sick.

BadOne
02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Course. What course?

The only course this team is on now is one that gets them out of playoff contention and into the NBA Lottery?

You never know. We've come out lucky through disaster before. :toast

Ocotillo
02-18-2010, 03:38 PM
A team that starts Bogans and Bonner will not be hoisting the LOB at the end of the season.

BadOne
02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
A team that starts Bogans and Bonner will not be hoisting the LOB at the end of the season.

Very true. I'm not sure what Pop is thinking here...:depressed

The Truth #6
02-18-2010, 03:43 PM

Maybe we're tanking? Pop has done it before.

Mr. Body
02-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Pop has all his pieces he needs in Bogans and Bonner. Killer B's!

Chomag
02-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Pop has all his pieces he needs in Bogans and Bonner. Killer B's!

They should make that into a Poster! :lol

rayray2k8
02-18-2010, 03:46 PM
I might have been a bit harsh but I got your point in staying positive. Although you already admitted that
some of Pops lineups have been head scratchers.

Just being a realist at the moment. this is a wake up call for spurs fans. If barely beating the pacers isn't one then I don't know what is.

ElNono
02-18-2010, 03:48 PM
I think Pop :yield this season...

Players hurt, chemistry not there, sucky personnel...

benefactor
02-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Course. What course?

I'm warming up to the idea.

mexicanjunior
02-18-2010, 03:51 PM
The best part of this is Pop's obvious season tanking with Bogans and Bonner starting...the lottery balls will be plentiful. He needs to complete the transition though and sit Duncan and Parker with "injuries". He can play Manu all he wants since he won't be back next year.

Wombatzu
02-18-2010, 03:51 PM
sad trombone

nbaman99
02-18-2010, 03:52 PM
If you still dreaming about we winning a ring this year its time for you to wake up, but i really think we can do a trade next season and get a good player, plus it looks like Tiago going to make his way to NBA next season so lets just hope for that.

TimDunkem
02-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Tiago Splitter will save us. :flag:

wildbill2u
02-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Pop has tinkered around with the pieces too much. We have some excellent players and some good ones and all of them can play somewhere in this league at some level of competence.

Faced with all these riches, which he has never had before, Pop simply couldn 't pull it together.

The other view is that the pieces of the puzzle don't fit together into one whole. Like two puzzles got mixed up and you can't get to the final picture.