PDA

View Full Version : We Stood Pat. (Open Letter to Pop)

Parker2112
02-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Popovich, some say you are the best. But by now I am sure you know the bottom line, as the problems with this team are obvious to everyone.

But to add pressure to the situation:
1) Timmy is now faced with spending his last seasons on a rebuilding ballclub,
2) Holt and Co. are faced with diminishing returns on their substantial investment,
3) Spurs fans are faced with early exits from both the playoffs and their seats...
4) and you have a guy eating up massive salary in RJ that has yet to produce for us.

Sounds like a job for the best. I hope your up to it. Never before have your talents been so critical to the success of our ballclub. Before you had the big three, you had the world at your fingers...

Now its time to earn your money. Tim is playing his heart out. On a bumb knee. TP is pulling his load with multiple injuries. Manu still believes night in, night out. But they are not what they once were. And the fourth piece of the big three is wearing bowties on national television.

It is time for the last spoke in the wheel to do his part. You need to coach 'em up. RJ needs to produce. But it's no longer just on RJ, it's on the coach now. You're our last hope as I see it.

What's it gonna be, coach?
:flag:

sananspursfan21
02-18-2010, 04:45 PM
wow. this is what, the 600th thread like this? i'm in before the lock man

nkdlunch
02-18-2010, 04:48 PM
stop crying. Spurs are 1/2 game behind the mavs.

Chomag
02-18-2010, 04:50 PM

Such high goals we have...

ChumpDumper
02-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Pop won't read this.

Parker2112
02-18-2010, 04:51 PM
wow. this is what, the 600th thread like this? i'm in before the lock man

Finley and Bonner each have 1200 :lol

BacktoBasics
02-18-2010, 04:52 PM
technically this really isnt a "letter" more of a bulletin pointsIts a mission statement.

Parker2112
Pop won't read this.

I'm hoping Timmy Prints it up for him. Or Buford.

ChumpDumper
I'm hoping Timmy Prints it up for him. Or Buford.Tim won't read it.

RC won't read it.

Parker2112
02-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Technically this really isnt a "letter" more of a Bulletin points

Who said a letter can't have a bulleted list thrown in?

lefty
02-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Pop walked into the Spurs locker room before the trade deadline:

" We are not going to make a trade; the savior is in this room "

Everybody laughed and left the room.

Parker2112
02-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Tim won't read it.

RC won't read it.

But if they did...

They would be like, "Yo Pop...it's on you now, look at this open letter from Spurstalk. Some Dude named Parker2112 says the buck stops with you." And Pop would say, "RJ! Your coming off the Bench! And no more of your bullshit! Jack it up Son! Manu, get him the fucking ball. Our second squad is going to live and die with RJ and Manu and Blair. Thanks Parker2112!"

benefactor
02-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Pop won't read this.

Tim won't read it.

RC won't read it.
:tu

nkdlunch
02-18-2010, 04:59 PM

our goal was to get top 4 seed. Are we not very close to this goal??

:bang

ChumpDumper
02-18-2010, 05:00 PM
But if they did...But they won't.

My Fault
02-18-2010, 05:02 PM
But if they did...

They would be like, "Yo Pop...it's on you now, look at this open letter from Spurstalk. Some Dude named Parker2112 says the buck stops with you." And Pop would say, "RJ! Your coming off the Bench! And no more of your bullshit! Jack it up Son! Manu, get him the fucking ball. Our second squad is going to live and die with RJ and Manu and Blair. Thanks Parker2112!"
But they won't and if by some miracle they came across it, they wouldn't give a damn. Sober up and let the reality of that sink in.

Parker2112
02-18-2010, 05:06 PM
:tu

Actually its just an easy way to express my views. I think Pop is our only hope. After the way last year ended, I don't see how he wouldn't start to bend a little here....play some young guys, get RJ involved as a focal point of the offense, etc.

The defense will gel or it won't. But we have tons of wasted payroll, firepower that I think is rusting in Pop's hands, in Dice and RJ. Any new face on the Spurs always takes a hit to their confidence when they get here. It's time for Pop to realize that if he can't reverse that trend and use the personel to it's utmost, we are fucked, TD is fucked, the FO is fucked, the fans are fucked, revenues will be fucked, Finley's last seasons will be fucked, etc

Don't let the open letter part throw the potential for discussion amongst Spurstalk posters...if there is any here.

Parker2112
02-18-2010, 05:08 PM
This is a bitter board my friends. I am taking my football and going home bitches!!!

Maybe by tonight some of you will have a little more alcohol in your systems, and the bitterness will fade into "I don't give a damn"...

For the record, I still fucking believe.

Bender
02-18-2010, 05:38 PM
for some reason, I always thought Parker2112 was a chick.

Fpoonsie
02-18-2010, 05:57 PM
But if they did...

But they won't.

mY3mfr9TDJ8

Dex
02-18-2010, 09:17 PM
It's a good thing this post came along to save our season.

8FOR!3
02-18-2010, 09:18 PM

To win the division? You're right, that's underachieving. We should have tried to go undefeated...

SouthTexasRancher
02-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Popovich, some say you are the best. But by now I am sure you know the bottom line, as the problems with this team are obvious to everyone.

But to add pressure to the situation:
1) Timmy is now faced with spending his last seasons on a rebuilding ballclub,
2) Holt and Co. are faced with diminishing returns on their substantial investment,
3) Spurs fans are faced with early exits from both the playoffs and their seats...
4) and you have a guy eating up massive salary in RJ that has yet to produce for us.

Sounds like a job for the best. I hope your up to it. Never before have your talents been so critical to the success of our ballclub. Before you had the big three, you had the world at your fingers...

Now its time to earn your money. Tim is playing his heart out. On a bumb knee. TP is pulling his load with multiple injuries. Manu still believes night in, night out. But they are not what they once were. And the fourth piece of the big three is wearing bowties on national television.

It is time for the last spoke in the wheel to do his part. You need to coach 'em up. RJ needs to produce. But it's no longer just on RJ, it's on the coach now. You're our last hope as I see it.

What's it gonna be, coach?
:flag:

Hell, it's going to be the lottery. I thought everyone knew that :toast. Pop put the exclamation point on it today by doing nothing except getting rid of a guy we could use in the middle to help Tim. But, Pop got his wish and now it's smallball all the way to the final lottery position. Can we get a 3rd #1. Yes we can! And when Tim, Manu & Tony bring their grandchildren to a Spurs game they can watch this 3rd #1 pick lead us to NBA Championship #5.

The NBA game of basketball has passed Pop by and he is too damn hardheaded to realize it. Pop, RC Buford, RJ, Dice and Bogans should manUP and return all of their 2009/2010 salaries back to Peter Holt. Not one of them has done a damn thing to earn a stinkin' cent! :ihit

Parker2112
02-18-2010, 09:29 PM
It's a good thing this post came along to save our season.

I like your attitude.:toast

SouthTexasRancher
02-18-2010, 09:31 PM
This is a bitter board my friends. I am taking my football and going home bitches!!!

Maybe by tonight some of you will have a little more alcohol in your systems, and the bitterness will fade into "I don't give a damn"...

For the record, I still fucking believe.

Get a life, dudette!

SouthTexasRancher
02-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Pop walked into the Spurs locker room before the trade deadline:

" We are not going to make a trade; the savior is in this room "

Everybody laughed and left the room.

:rollin

The Truth #6
02-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Pop won't read this. But Don Harris will read it very closely.

Parker2112
02-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Get a life, dudette!

That wasnt aimed at you Rancher. I can appreciate what you said. I agree with you on most points, but that still doesnt mean Pop cant turn this thing around. My point is, with the players playing as shitty as they are, Pop is the only guy who can pull the reins and get this thing headed in the right direction. I'm not saying he will, but I think he can, and I wish to hell he would.

I think he could tweak the offense, he's just too damn stubborn. But my take is, if we don't have any more talent to rely on after today, then we should expect to get more from RJ, Dice, and hopefully Mahinmi and Malik.

Kermit
02-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Spurs fan has gone full emotard.

EricB
02-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Spurs fan has gone full emotard.

Oh they've been raging EMO since about 1 this afternoon :lol

admiralsnackbar
02-19-2010, 01:47 AM

/emo

Manudo Flopo
02-19-2010, 03:33 AM
what a stupid fuck

Manudo Flopo
02-19-2010, 03:34 AM
Pop won't read this. But Don Harris will read it very closely.
no he won't