PDA

View Full Version : Spurs 2010 Champions:do you still believe ?

ginobili fan
02-18-2010, 05:04 PM
I know at this point this is completly crazy to say that the Spurs can win it all, but I'm sure some fans still believe.

I, officially put myself as a believer.

We will see at the end.

All we need is heart from the guys begining with the coaches.

koriwhat
02-18-2010, 05:05 PM
i'm delusional anyhow so mark me down

crc21209
I honestly believe that if Pop played the right people...Hairston, Mahinmi over jackasses like Finley, Bogans, and Bonner...I think the Spurs could compete more than they do now...but only time will tell...

leemajors
Nope. Nary a chance, unless they get really lucky.

tdunk21
02-18-2010, 05:07 PM
nope...considering pops stupidity to bench good players for trash like bonner, finley and bogans.....shoulda traded bogans instead of theo.....

Chomag
02-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Playoffs yes, but I gotta stay real. Championship is now just too far of a reach. Only a slim chance is if we get lucky with health while the other elite teams get hurt. Sorry to say but there are just way to many issues with this team.

I think it's safe to say the championship window is closed for the season. I truly hope to be proven wrong though.

Even so I'll support this team untill the Final buzzer sounds and there after. Spurs for life!

Kool Bob Love
02-18-2010, 05:09 PM
I have been a believer since day 1!!!

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

EricB
02-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Why not.

Its a game, why not believe.

Whats the alternative? Be miserable and not watch?

Screw it. Roll the dice, have some fun and watch the games.

in2deep
02-18-2010, 05:18 PM
possible? yes. Likely? nope

anakha
02-18-2010, 05:20 PM
I, officially put myself as a believer.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146588

Whatever you say.

ElNono
02-18-2010, 05:21 PM
I choose "We still have a little hope. Play with heart..."

As long as Duncan can walk, I think we always have a shot...

koriwhat
02-18-2010, 05:22 PM

Whatever you say.

hahahahaha

Spursmania
02-18-2010, 05:23 PM
We are extreme underdogs. Our D sucks and we have no true bigman. Bogans and Bonner as starters are not going to cut it.

We can just have fun watching the Spurs win some games here and there, but that's about it. I love my Spurs, but let's be real. This team is going nowhere but on vacation soon.

RJ was a huge bust. The FO tried, but it just didn't work out. I could understand them giving up Ratliff now. Pop has thrown in the towel. Small ball here we come.

baseline bum
02-18-2010, 05:24 PM
I believe the Spurs will make the playoffs and then be bounced by Dallas, Denver, or LA in the first round.

:pctoss

angelbelow
02-18-2010, 05:25 PM
I definitely believe we can. We have the potential and the talent to be able to compete.

ffadicted
We're definitly good enough, just have to start playing like it

pjjrfan
I've always been a beilever and I'm always going to gripe. I'll hang with them until they win it all or get eliminated. that's what fans do.

timvp
02-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Bogans? Bonner?

Bolieve.

:wakeup

Bruno
02-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Spurs doing nothing at the deadline mean that they won't win the championship baring a huge miracle.

For the moment, I don't even know if I rather see Spurs making the playoffs or missing them to get a better draft pick.

timtonymanu
Well look at it this way, TP is starting to look better. RJ hopefully has finally figured himself out. Manu is regaining back his clutchness. Tim is still Tim. Dice is playing like his second half self.

IMO it's all on Pop. If he sticks to the right rotation and stops playing 5'4 Centers, I think we have a great chance. If he's drunk at games like always, 1st round exit.

Parker2112
I'm in.

http://content8.flixster.com/question/60/80/55/6080558_std.jpg

Gutter92
02-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Come playoff time, the Spurs will find their place once again...on Duncan's back. Question is, how much of the load will he be carrying? :lobt2:

Parker2112
02-18-2010, 05:30 PM
To all of you...you have to admit...
If we do win it this year, it will be the sweetest since 99.

Parker2112
02-18-2010, 05:31 PM
http://a6.vox.com/6a00c2251fc9d3604a00d09e579746be2b-200pi

VBM
02-18-2010, 05:32 PM
We'll need a repeat of 2007. Lakers will have to be Golden St.'d by a low seed, as will the Mavs. If we can avoid those two, we can get to the Finals.

timvp
02-18-2010, 05:32 PM
http://www.inspiartbyd.com/shop/sites/default/files/bolieve_card.jpg

ginobili fan
02-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Well look at it this way, TP is starting to look better. RJ hopefully has finally figured himself out. Manu is regaining back his clutchness. Tim is still Tim. Dice is playing like his second half self.

IMO it's all on Pop. If he sticks to the right rotation and stops playing 5'4 Centers, I think we have a great chance. If he's drunk at games like always, 1st round exit.

This.
I hope Tony and Manu good enough in playoffs, this is better than last year Alone Tony.
Tim is better than last year.
Dice is coming a little bit.
RJ ? still better than finley.
Hill and Blair can put great effort.
Wait and see.

ginobili fan
02-18-2010, 05:33 PM
http://www.inspiartbyd.com/shop/sites/default/files/bolieve_card.jpg

:rollin

DAF86
02-18-2010, 05:34 PM
If Pop gets his head out of his ass I think this team is good enough to get to the WCF and once there we'll see, as long as you are alive you always have chances.

mexicanjunior
02-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Tank...just do it.

ginobili fan
02-18-2010, 05:36 PM
No but honestly a 7 game against Dallas and Denver could be done well.
The problem just Lakers

Trimble87
02-18-2010, 05:37 PM
why not.

Its a game, why not believe.

Whats the alternative? Be miserable and not watch?

Screw it. Roll the dice, have some fun and watch the games.

+1

Fpoonsie
02-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Stop making threads.

Muser
02-18-2010, 05:41 PM
No.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-18-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm not into "believing". I examine the evidence and make a judgment based on it. We are going nowhere this year, sad to say. :depressed

Doesn't mean I'll stop cheering for them though. ;)

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Absolutely no chance of a title..LOL, as if that needs to be said..

If Pop alters the lineup a little and the Spurs stay healthy, we can still make the 2nd round..the positive for the Spurs is that the rest of the West outside of LA and maybe Denver "sucks" too..

BanditHiro
02-18-2010, 05:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGACsSW4Iqw

Jose Ole
02-18-2010, 05:49 PM
http://getsbybuckner.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/underdog.jpg

Stringer_Bell
02-18-2010, 05:50 PM
I believe we have the pieces, whether they are put together and execute accordingly is another story. If we make it out of the first round, I think we have a shot at making it to the big dance...if you can win 1 series you can win another, ya know?

I ain't scared of the Cavs!!!

Parker2112
02-18-2010, 05:51 PM
http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00002/49/28/2088294_l.jpg

Spursmania
02-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Spurs have to make a great run, so they can attract players this summer who believe the Spurs are serious contenders for next year and want to come here.

RJ needs to get going, so some other team will want him this summer and we can get rid of him.

All the other teams are getting bigger, younger and better.

Chomag
02-18-2010, 05:52 PM

Agreed :toast

mexicanjunior
02-18-2010, 05:54 PM

That is only because right now this is the most disappointing season in the Duncan era...

Creation88
02-18-2010, 05:55 PM
nah i don't think we GOT IT this year. but i don't think we should tank either.

objective
02-18-2010, 06:00 PM
http://getsbybuckner.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/underdog.jpg

Spurs are underdogs alright . . .

Unfortunately that raises the question of how many playoff series has Pop won as the underdog.

Fpoonsie
02-18-2010, 06:01 PM
...if you can win 1 series you can win another, ya know?

That's flawed logic.

rascal
02-18-2010, 06:02 PM
I believe the Spurs will make the playoffs and then be bounced by Dallas, Denver, or LA in the first round.

:pctoss

Even Utah or Portland. Spurs can't beat those teams either.

iminol
02-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Wait a sec. Wasn't it like..

AMERICA. Yes! We can!

hater
02-18-2010, 06:46 PM
let's see....

70% chance of making the playoffs

50% chance of getting a top 4th seed

10% chance of getting to the 2nd round

5% chance of getting to the West finals

1% chance of getting to the NBA finals

.5% chance of getting the title

and that is being generous :pctoss

Spursmania
02-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Wait a sec. Wasn't it like..

AMERICA. Yes! We can!

No. That was Obama and look where that got us.

Spurs da champs
02-18-2010, 07:24 PM
R.C Buford is not that good an executive last year and this year he could of made a trade but he didn't the spurs obviously needed a shot blocker and an athletic player to match up with odom but they didn't. This season is over.

Dex
02-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Things look pretty grim. I'd put the Spurs chances at somewhere less than slim, and hopefully more than none.

That being said, I Believe from the opening tip, until the Spurs are either closed out of a series or are holding up the Larry O'Brien trophy. And I'll do the same thing next season.

I won't be putting any bets down in Vegas on them or anything, but this team has done enough to earn my faith, even in the dark days.

SpurNation
02-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Too many teams better and a few teams just got better via trades while the Spurs (probably not for the lack of trying) will stand pat with a team that hasn't proven to be consistent this year.

There could always be hope. It's what the rest of us Spur fans have to rely on now. But it doesn't look good.

Question is...what good would tanking the season do compared to winning just a few more games to get in to the playoffs provide?

I say tank. Supposedly the draft is good next season. RJ just might intrigue some team with his expiring. And Duncan just might....MIGHT....have enough with a decent draft and perhaps player acquisition to have another chance to win just one more championship.

Otherwise....support...chear...be there.

I spent years of hoping and support prior to the first championship....I'll be there after the dynasty has apparently ended while waiting again.

I love this team. I may not always understand or agree with decisions made...but who am to question their reasons why?

And forgive me if it sounds as though I've lost faith. I haven't. I just don't think standing pat this year will get the team a trophy.

We'll See.

Brazil
02-18-2010, 08:00 PM
I love Small Ball. Pop I love you.

ohmwrecker
02-18-2010, 08:01 PM
. . . and even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days; even if God in heaven above points his hand at our side of the field; even if every man, woman and child joined hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win, or we lose! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

benefactor
02-18-2010, 08:05 PM

Whatever you say.
OP self ownage....

Brazil
02-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Let's sumup this wonderful season after the biggest spurs offseason of all time:

-TP sucked and has been injured
-manu is no more ginobili
- jeff sucks big time
- dice needs a wheelchair
- pop has a new lineup with bogans and bonner nuff said
- pop doesn't like mason anymore so mason wants out
- tp wants to play this summer with the FNT
- tim is not happy
- hill thinks he is paris hilton (I hope to see soon the hill sex tape)
- Spurs FO is shopping everybody and worst, everybody knows it (tp for cp3, dice for a peanut bag, theo for less tax...)
- manu explains to every media he met that he is ready to play for another franchise next year
- tp is worried by his next contract, he is tired, he is playing too much bb
- pop explains to the press that he doesn't know why but the team is not responding to him
- pop doesn't know what to expect when blair is playing
- Ian the savior has the best average stat of all time but pop doesn't give him some min meanwhile theo is sent to the cats for nothing, so you think great it means more min for Ian !!! Wait a minute, pop cannot give Ian min cauz may be Ian will play well and then spurs won't be able to offer enough money to Ian next season. Conclusion season is over but we cannot develop our young 7'0

itzsoweezee
02-18-2010, 08:47 PM
the spurs aren't any better 60% through the season than they were at the beginning.

popovich can't settle on a rotation. thus, this team has no identity. he won't let it have one. the spurs aren't going anywhere with popovich leading them, because he doesn't know how to. i'd be really surprised if they end up with a top four seed.

Small Ball
02-18-2010, 08:49 PM
the spurs aren't any better 60% through the season than they were at the beginning.

popovich can't settle on a rotation. thus, this team has no identity. he won't let it have one. the spurs aren't going anywhere with popovich leading them, because he doesn't know how to. i'd be really surprised if they end up with a top four seed.
You are wrong. I am the identity of the Spurs since the start of this season.

Cant_Be_Faded
No.

HarlemHeat37
You are wrong. I am the identity of the Spurs since the start of this season.

:rollin

scottspurs
02-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Go Spurs Go.....

I won't stop believen.

Booharv
02-18-2010, 08:53 PM
If you would have just put "No" instead of "No way, tank the season" I would have voted No, but I don't support tanking ever. Not sure why you worded it that way.

Russ
02-18-2010, 10:16 PM
We'll need a repeat of 2007. Lakers will have to be Golden St.'d by a low seed, as will the Mavs. If we can avoid those two, we can get to the Finals.

It's always a repeat of '07 for the team that wins.

'09 Lakers avoid their nemesis, defending champ Boston, and face a two bit Orlando squad.

'04 Pistons avoid the defending champ Spurs and face a disintegrating (and critically injured) Laker team.

When's the last time two championship caliber teams met in the Finals? '05 Spurs-Pistons. (In '06 there wasn't even one championship caliber team in the Finals.)

Whose the last championship team that beat the defending champ? ('05 Spurs, before that, '03 Spurs).

So the key is just to stay in the game and give yourself a chance for something good to happen.

The Spurs have two things going for them this year: 1) a healthy Ginolbili (hopefully) and 2) no back-to-backs in the playoffs.

I wouldn't give up on them just yet. The Spurs' best teams have always been the ones that Pop stripped down to nothing during the season and then built back up.

He's already got half of that equation accomplished.

ginobili fan
03-07-2010, 10:13 AM
And now do you still believe ?
lucky spurs...:depressed

jack0fspeed
03-07-2010, 11:31 AM
I'd say second round of the playoffs would be a good goal. Spurs could conceivably beat one of the top 4 teams in the West but not two.

Personally, I'd love to for the Mavs to get the Spurs in the first round.

cherylsteele
03-07-2010, 12:35 PM
I will have to disagree, it would be close though.
There is never anything like winning the first title.

Flux451
03-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Jefferson has to become the Big 3rd.

vanishing_dude
03-07-2010, 10:52 PM
I BELIEVE!!!

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

:lobt2::flag:

silverblk mystix
03-07-2010, 10:58 PM
i'm a contrarian at heart....fuck everyone doubting...i believe....

Dr. Gonzo
03-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Sure why not. What do I care?

ulosturedge
03-08-2010, 12:08 AM
I thought we would have had a chance if we finished out the season well, but Parker got hurt again so we are pretty much back to square one championship wise. Even if the rest of the team finds a really good grove, I still think we need Tony to go deep in the playoffs. The problem is I don't think Tony will have enough time to find his swagger, nor will the team have enough time to find a rhythm with him back in the mix either.

timtonymanu
03-08-2010, 03:20 AM
Tony getting hurt just killed any momentum we had. winning a title? no. making a push in the playoffs? yes.

GhosTown
03-08-2010, 04:28 AM
I will make this really easy. You have to make the playoffs to win the Championship.

We are in next to last place with our best back court player out for the rest of the year.

NO PARKER = NO PLAYOFFS

Obstructed_View
03-08-2010, 10:45 AM
I have faith in the Spurs, but no faith in Popovich not to fuck it up.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Russ brings up a very good point.

Regardless, I still believe, and will always believe.

You can be a realist all you want, but at the end of the day, a true fan always holds out hope that their team can overcome even seemingly impossible odds. Otherwise, why fucking watch the games in the first place?

GO SPURS GO!

mexicanjunior
03-08-2010, 01:33 PM
A true fan knows when to cut bait on the season and look forward to the draft...

http://www.randomdestination.com/members/mj/pics/lottery.JPG

ginobili fan
04-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Bump Spurs are actually the best team after the Lakers.
And we have all the chances against them.

Mavs<Spurs
04-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Spurs are playing great basketball. The defense has really improved and the hustle is there. The Spurs will never overwhelm team's with pure talent. So, they need to play together, they need to play great defensively, and they need to hustle and play really hard. Obviously, Manu has been nothing short of sensational for the last month +. George Hill does deserve the most improved player award as Doug Collins mentioned.

The Spurs are now a great team and legitimate title contenders. We are still underdogs to the Lakers, but it is conceivable that we could beat them in a 7 game series.

The difficulty of our schedule makes it hard to move up in the standings. It is a big ask to try to beat the Lakers in LA, but if we can do that and OKC loses tonight, we might be able to move up to the number six spot. That would be much more favorable for us. Eventually, we will have to beat LA.

:flag:

Tp9gospursgo
04-03-2010, 10:14 PM
I still believe. Especially after we have been playing the last 20 games or so. :flag:

SpurmzKilla
04-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Well Denvers Coach Got cancer thats one thing

now all we need is

for Kobe to go blind

Dallas to not totally dominate our front court..you know they would roll out and have Shawn Marion Play power forward(wait that's a Pop gambit)

And Lebron can get caught up in a scandal that drives him to hiding for months on end in "rehab"(No that was tiger woods)

Believe believe believe

:depressed

Spurmz peeps always sayin i'm stupid and shit but this was another one of your STupidest Shit in da Forum Gayest Hitz. I reserve right to be ALMOST stupidest. you is more stupider.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Spurmz peeps always sayin i'm stupid and shit but this was another one of your STupidest Shit in da Forum Gayest Hitz. I reserve right to be ALMOST stupidest. you is more stupider.

The above is a prime example of it being better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.