PDA

View Full Version : IMO - Morey is going to land Bosh

milkshakeballa
02-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Yep....I'm going to let you guys know right now

Morey is going to land Bosh ..possibly Amare with expirings, some young talent and the massive amount of picks they have in a sign and trade for Bosh or Amare....

Watch out

I think the most plausible is def. Bosh. Hometown. I think if he realizes Houston would be a title contender with him....he would LOVE to come back. On top of a sign and trade making the MOST he can possibly make.

Amare not so sure about...with Sarver you never know with the guy...He would probably rather have Amare just walk then take a package for him in exprings and young talent and draft picks...why would that cheap fucker want to pay the expirings and draft picks coming up...I doubt this happens but Bosh....this is a REAL possibility IMO

Brooks
KMart
Ariza
Bosh
Yao

sook
02-18-2010, 06:55 PM
ive been hearing this rumour all over forums. Oh well time will tell.

Blame Tracy
02-18-2010, 06:56 PM
I think Bosh will go to either Miami or NY depending on who goes to NY. The Rockets don't really have an option of signing Bosh anymore... they'd go way above the cap.

milkshakeballa
02-18-2010, 06:57 PM
ive been hearing this rumour all over forums. Oh well time will tell.

Sook...what forums? I want to read it. I think this is a REAL possibility...

Link me plz!

milkshakeballa
02-18-2010, 06:58 PM
I think Bosh will go to either Miami or NY depending on who goes to NY. The Rockets don't really have an option of signing Bosh anymore... they'd go way above the cap.

Don't post in my threads idiot

Findog
02-18-2010, 07:02 PM
I think the most plausible is def. Bosh. Hometown.

Bosh is from Dallas.

Double-Up
Sook...what forums? I want to read it. I think this is a REAL possibility...

Link me plz!

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=182338

I doubt it happens but hey you never know.

angelbelow
Is the trade deadline not over yet?

Kai
02-18-2010, 07:03 PM
I honestly don't consider this outside the realm of possiblity. With Yao we are in win now mode and we've done a decent job stockpiling young players and assets (picks). Morey has recently hinted at the idea of exploring a S&T in the summer but I definitely won't be holding my breath for anything.

Also, with Morey you never know. He never ceases to surprise me. Bosh is from Dallas, BTW.

milkshakeballa
02-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Wow...Rocket fans are already on to this idea as well....smart fans!

Yes Kaizoku...a trade like this...let a lone a S&T RARELY EVER happens...but I think this is going to pick up A LOT of steam

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Would the Rockets be allowed to trade the ability to swap picks with the Knicks in 2011?

Rogue
02-18-2010, 07:11 PM
If bosh accepts less-maximum then the Mavs will also have a chance to get him come summer, with Dampier's instant expiring contract packed with Rodrígue Beaubois.

ffadicted
02-18-2010, 07:13 PM
If bosh accepts less-maximum then the Mavs will also have a chance to get him come summer, with Dampier's immediate expiring contract packed with Rodrígue Beaubois.

Have you not read his recent interviews?

noob cake
02-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Would the Rockets be allowed to trade the ability to swap picks with the Knicks in 2011?

I don't know, but they don't have to trade the "ability to swap."

They can simply trade their own 2011 pick. It will still be swapped with NYK's. (ie Houston's pick swapping with NYK's pick, Suns pick probably won't be able to be swapped with NYK's)

Findog
02-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Bosh doesn't want to play for the Mavs. He's only open to it as an end of career possibility.

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2010, 07:15 PM
LOL @ the delusional fans here..

Bosh is staying in Toronto..he wants to be the clear #1 option, the Raptors are good right now, he loves the city(it's a lot better than any of the other possibilities other than NY), they can pay him the most money, the fans love him..there's no reason for him to leave..

How the hell would Houston share the ball anyways?..

Findog
02-18-2010, 07:20 PM
LOL @ the delusional fans here..

Bosh is staying in Toronto..he wants to be the clear #1 option, the Raptors are good right now, he loves the city(it's a lot better than any of the other possibilities other than NY), they can pay him the most money, the fans love him..there's no reason for him to leave..

The Raptors don't really have the assets to get better though. I agree that Toronto has to be up there as a desirable place to play (at least if I were an NBA player), but it depends on the player. Not everybody likes the cold weather or being in a foreign country, even though it's still North America. Nor is it a major media market where a player can get sucked off by the national press. There's a reason New York, Chicago, LA, Phoenix, Atlanta and Miami have to be considered the most desirable places to play. In theory I would put Dallas in the mix because of the weather, nightlife/entertainment, ample supply of golf courses and a franchise financially committed to winning, but the Mavs have never signed a top-flight FA.

Rogue
02-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Have you not read his recent interviews?
the Rockets are now 26m over the cap and this figure won't actually become a smaller one come summer. the Rockets will only clear roughly 19m off their roster when summer comes, which means they will pretty well remain above salary cap even if they don't re-sign any current player that will become free in summer. Not to mention the salary cap is expected to be tightened for next season.

Plus, they will need a margin of 8-10m at least to re-sign Luís Scola, Luís Scola...

milkshakeballa
02-18-2010, 07:24 PM
the Rockets are now 26m over the cap and this figure won't actually become a smaller one come summer. the Rockets will only clear roughly 19m off their roster when summer comes, which means they will pretty well remain above salary cap even if they don't re-sign any current player that will become free in summer. Not to mention the salary cap is expected to be tightened for next season.

Rogue,

I do not appreciate when idiots post in my threads. Please stop.

Thank you.

Rogue
02-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Rogue,

I do not appreciate when idiots post in my threads. Please stop.

Thank you.
then why did you keep posting in your threads?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2010, 07:38 PM
I don't know, but they don't have to trade the "ability to swap."

They can simply trade their own 2011 pick. It will still be swapped with NYK's. (ie Houston's pick swapping with NYK's pick, Suns pick probably won't be able to be swapped with NYK's)

I'm not saying the Suns would trade for it, I'm just wondering if that's a tradeable asset.

djohn2oo8
02-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Well, Morey is in the press conference right now, and he is dropping some really big hints. "These picks, could be used to add a final piece to build a championship roster" And something to the effect of going way over the salary cap, and would be willing to do it

Kai
02-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Morey just confirmed that we will be actively seeking a S&T this summer. He said he "expects multiple S&Ts" and we are in even better position for this summer than before the trade. He said he doesn't consider anyone on the roster untouchable and Is looking to upgrade the team.

From what I gathered, it doesn't look like he intends to use those draft picks at all, they are trade bait all the way.

noob cake
02-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Morey just confirmed that we will be actively seeking a S&T this summer. He said he "expects multiple S&Ts" and we are in even better position for this summer than before the trade. He said he doesn't consider anyone on the roster untouchable and Is looking to upgrade the team.

From what I gathered, it doesn't look like he intends to use those draft picks at all, they are trade bait all the way.

Those draft picks have more value than normal because signed Bosh/Wade/Bron/whoever = screwed NYK = more value.

Blame Tracy
02-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Don't post in my threads idiot

Oh ok. Read your avatar.

GuerillaBlack
02-18-2010, 08:55 PM
I honestly don't consider this outside the realm of possiblity. With Yao we are in win now mode and we've done a decent job stockpiling young players and assets (picks). Morey has recently hinted at the idea of exploring a S&T in the summer but I definitely won't be holding my breath for anything.

Also, with Morey you never know. He never ceases to surprise me. Bosh is from Dallas, BTW.

With this trade, Houston is in win now mode AND in win in the future mode. :toast

GuerillaBlack
02-18-2010, 08:57 PM
The Raptors don't really have the assets to get better though. I agree that Toronto has to be up there as a desirable place to play (at least if I were an NBA player), but it depends on the player. Not everybody likes the cold weather or being in a foreign country, even though it's still North America. Nor is it a major media market where a player can get sucked off by the national press. There's a reason New York, Chicago, LA, Phoenix, Atlanta and Miami have to be considered the most desirable places to play. In theory I would put Dallas in the mix because of the weather, nightlife/entertainment, ample supply of golf courses and a franchise financially committed to winning, but the Mavs have never signed a top-flight FA.

Texas in general is attractive to NBA players. I know Houston has a bunch of NBA players who live here in the offseason. Morey is a genius. I think we'll see Bosh in a Rockets uniform this summer.

crc21209
02-18-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't think the Rockets are going to land anyone. The cities who have a chance are Cleveland (LeBron), Miami (D-Wade & Stoudemire or Bosh), Chicago (Wade or Bosh), and New York (any of the above names).

GuerillaBlack
02-18-2010, 09:27 PM
I don't think the Rockets are going to land anyone. The cities who have a chance are Cleveland (LeBron), Miami (D-Wade & Stoudemire or Bosh), Chicago (Wade or Bosh), and New York (any of the above names).

Why wouldn't Houston have a chance? Nice city and good looking team so far. We can compete this year....in a rebuilding year. How many other teams can say that?

robbie380
02-18-2010, 11:21 PM

Plus, they will need a margin of 8-10m at least to re-sign Luís Scola, Luís Scola...

morey said it best when asked about the knicks signing max players...

For those players to just sign with a team. They have to choose to give up $30 million. I haven't seen many players who do that.

the knicks have completely backed themselves in a corner and their ONLY option is to sign a player and convince that player to sign for LESS to a team that only has 3 players under contract (i'm not gonna count POS curry) . they can't do a sign and trade and they have traded away their 1st round picks for the next 3 years.

i am curious to see what kind of crap morey can turn into gold thru a sign and trade. bosh is the guy he wants. i doubt he can get him, but i've learned not to doubt morey.

btw who was the last player to just sign with a team for a max contract? i can't think of one off the top of my head. does anyone know?