PDA

View Full Version : most tragic situation since '06?

poop
02-18-2010, 08:53 PM
it feels like im watching a snuff film. every game we watch one of the greatest players ever die a slow dragged out premature death as his few remaining years are ABSOLUTELY SQUANDERED by the worst coaching and roster decisions in the entire NBA.

the only other time ive felt this frustrated and helpless was in 2006*, watching a talented, championship spurs team play their asses off only to be robbed and denied as the refs put Dirt on the line time after time, always making sure dallas stayed in the game....

watching the spurs/duncan the last couple seasons has been like watching an old friend slowly die, tragically, before your eyes, and the only one who can do anything about it (pop) just sits there and watches it happen.

its almost too painful.

silverblk mystix
02-18-2010, 09:20 PM
+1

TIMMYD!
02-18-2010, 09:42 PM
That analogy is sad.

SouthTexasRancher
02-18-2010, 09:46 PM
I guarantee every one Spurs are just waiting to turn it on in the playoffs.

:rollin:downspin::rollin

Russ
02-18-2010, 09:54 PM
it feels like im watching a snuff film.

Hopefully, this is figurative speech.

the only other time ive felt this frustrated and helpless was in 2006*, .

Which was one year before 2007 . . .

poop
02-18-2010, 09:55 PM
what are you suggesting, russ?

Sean Cagney
02-18-2010, 09:57 PM
I guarantee every one Spurs are just waiting to turn it on in the playoffs.

HAHHAHAH, you forget they peak after March too! Just wait like last year it will happen and it will all click like it did in past title teams years! Every Spurs team is the same and has this capibility no matter who is on it, they are all going to go on a run late and play D all of the sudden and stop turning it over as much, and a big man will step up late to go beside Duncan :lol:lol:depressed.

I remember Spurs fans for years doing just that, they always thought the same thing would happen every year for eternity.

vy65
02-18-2010, 10:28 PM
People don't get it, but I finally figured it out. This team has the talent to be contenders, they have the coach who can do it to, but for some reason the talent isn't living up to expectations and the coach doesn't know how to put the pieces together.

What this Spurs team is to me is that fine ass girl that likes to cock tease and go on exensive dates, even wear a low cut dress every now and again, but when it's time to put out they leave you with the expensive bill.

Yah, but with the cock tease, you can rub one out when you get home.

What's the basketball equivalent to that?

vy65
02-18-2010, 10:35 PM
The denver win before the All-Star break.

respect.

eyeh8u
02-18-2010, 11:07 PM
its ok we are getting bosh next year

Capt Bringdown
02-19-2010, 12:00 AM
the only other time ive felt this frustrated and helpless was in 2006*, watching a talented, championship spurs team play their asses off only to be robbed and denied as the refs put Dirt on the line time after time, always making sure dallas stayed in the game...

Wrong. Spurs did what they were supposed to do: play through the calls with determination and self-discipline, and thereby put themselves in a position to win the series.

And then Manu stepped in with the most epic blunder in Spurs history.
The loss was entirely on us.

Jace
02-19-2010, 12:17 AM
The tragedy is knowing that the Spurs need to break up with Tim Duncan for the betterment of both of them.

But neither is willing to make the first move and admit what they both know..

Duncan has 2 years left as a top dog and the Spurs cannot get him the pieces to win in that period of time

ClippersDynasty
02-19-2010, 12:21 AM
:rollin:downspin::rollin

You sure don't go in the NBA forum talking a ton of shit anymore :lol

Dingle Barry
02-19-2010, 02:34 AM
The tragedy is knowing that the Spurs need to break up with Tim Duncan for the betterment of both of them.

Disgustingly sad, heinously true.

all_heart
02-19-2010, 02:41 AM
No it's more like it's time for Pop to move on.. but that's like the boss firing himself...:(

admiralsnackbar
02-19-2010, 02:45 AM

Have you looked at his production-to-price ratio? If you had, you wouldn't be spouting nonsense. Duncan isn't the problem.

Manudo Flopo
02-19-2010, 03:30 AM
Just Die already

admiralsnackbar
02-19-2010, 04:06 AM
Just Die already

Dude, take your weak-ass "I have 15 posts of limp-dick smack-talk" and stick them in Ray Allen's ass.

mountainballer
02-19-2010, 04:17 AM
People don't get it, but I finally figured it out. This team has the talent to be contenders, they have the coach who can do it to, but for some reason the talent isn't living up to expectations and the coach doesn't know how to put the pieces together.

at least he tries:
http://bleacherreport.com/image/file/11633/feature/random_key_27759_file_popovich.gregg.1.jpg

Oh Lord, won't you buy me an athlete with hands.
My friends all play Lebrons, I must make amends
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me an athlete with hands

TDMVPDPOY
02-19-2010, 04:22 AM
pop is just not the coach he once was...fck

Rogue
02-19-2010, 06:30 AM
no whining spursfan brothers, the Mavs got exactly the same treatment in the Finals that year.

Spurs/Mavs were co-champions of 06.

hsxvvd
02-19-2010, 06:45 AM
no whining spursfan brothers, the Mavs got exactly the same treatment in the Finals that year.

Spurs/Mavs were co-champions of 06.

No.

hater
02-19-2010, 10:37 AM
it feels like im watching a snuff film.

you obviously have never seen a snuff film