PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Andrew Stack - A tea bagger?

Nbadan
02-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Newly-minted Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) appeared on Fox’s Neil Cavuto and showed none of the outrage and concern about terrorism that he exuded during his Senate election campaign. Asked for his reaction, Brown said he felt for the families, but quickly shrugged off the attack and transitioned to say that “people are frustrated” and “no one likes paying taxes...

"I don't know if it's related, but I can just sense, not only in my election, but since being here in Washington, people are frustrated, they want transparency, they want their elected officials to be accountable and open, and talk about the things that are affecting their daily lives. So I'm not sure if there's a connection, I certainly hope not, but we need to do things better."

Link (http://www.mediaite.com/online/senator-scott-brown-links-anger-behind-austin-pilot-crash-to-his-election/)

jack sommerset
02-18-2010, 09:11 PM
I'll put my money on Brown to be the next President.

boutons_deux
02-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Brown for Pres!

pitbull bitch for Veep!

Repugs love their puppets stupid and attractive! sex sells

Nbadan
02-18-2010, 09:17 PM
What exactly is Brown alluding too? That being mad at the IRS in any way justifies homocide?

jack sommerset
02-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Brown for Pres!

pitbull bitch for Veep!

So do Dems

wKsoXHYICqU

Viva Las Espuelas
02-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Hey, Dan. Tim mcveigh was white. Run with that. :tu

SouthernFried
02-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Guy was fucked up.

Read any meaning into his actions that suit you best.

Guy was fucked up.

ElNono
02-18-2010, 10:54 PM
This thread sucks...

Spursmania
02-18-2010, 11:52 PM
this thread sucks...

+1

Nbadan
02-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Pfff...if this guy was doing it for the war in Iraq or Afghanistan he'd be a lefty commie, tree-hugger...so why should we simply dismiss his sympathy with a common tea bagger cause? Now I'm not saying that he was a active tea-bagger, just that they shared a common cause...

..and obviously, Brown agrees..

Nbadan
02-19-2010, 12:43 AM
AUSTIN, TEXAS -- Joe Stack, the 53-year-old software engineer who allegedly flew a single engine aircraft into an Austin-based IRS office on Thursday morning, is more than just a criminal or possible domestic terrorist.

He was also a musician who played the bass and accordion in a band that once crooned about how the world just isn't made for autistic people.

They are the Billy Eli Band, according to CBS News, fronted by Texas singer/songwriter Billy Eli, featuring Joe Stack, Ric Furley and Jim Hemphill.

The "Band" section of their Web site does not mention Stack, however a domain search for his name turned up numerous results.

Stack, a longtime IT worker turned alleged suicide bomber, played the bass and accordion, and sang a little.

gHbf3H5USL0

balli
02-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Remember when the teabaggers were going to symbolically throw a bunch of tea bags all over the place during one of their teabagging rallies, but when they were told that they'd get cited for littering, they cowered like bitches and put their purchased tea bags in a storage closet. I don't know what such cowardice has to do with this guy, but man, teabaggers sure are pussies. In general.

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Pfff...if this guy was doing it for the war in Iraq or Afghanistan he'd be a lefty commie, tree-hugger...so why should we simply dismiss his sympathy with a common tea bagger cause? Now I'm not saying that he was a active tea-bagger, just that they shared a common cause...

..and obviously, Brown agrees..

He was pretty pissed off. Obama made alot of promises about healthcare, another wasted tax Stack paid for. He wanted the government to get his pound of flesh, just so happens Obama has been the government the past year. I guess he didn't see the hope and change.

ElNono
02-19-2010, 12:50 AM
This thread sucks...

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 12:54 AM
This thread sucks...

Go to sleep. It never happened. All will be the same in the morning.

U_095IAvXCs

Nbadan
02-19-2010, 12:54 AM
If Stack was a victim, it was of his own stupidity..

IRC, this group was one of those "common law" groups that set up mirror governments and declared that the "sovereign" state of wherever didn't have to abide by the US Constitution. They are also loosely affiliated with the Posse Comitatus white supremacists, militias and other garden variety Anti-government fringers. It's all part of that great American wingnut tapestry.

Obviously, I'm just guessing that one or both of these scams are what this guy was referring to, but it fits. If it was, then this fellow was not only an anti-tax loon, he was a victim of anti-tax loons, which makes him a double dupe.

Digsby (http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/scams-by-digby-tv-is-obsessed-with-anti.html)

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 12:56 AM
If Stack was a victim, it was of his own stupidity.

If.....You have doubts......:lmao

Nbadan
02-19-2010, 01:00 AM
If.....You have doubts......:lmao

What he did was bat-shit crazy, not stupid...

ElNono
02-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Go to sleep. It never happened. All will be the same in the morning.

I have no sympathy for murderers....
And to try to peg him to the left or to the right is simply meaningless banter...

Nbadan
02-19-2010, 01:06 AM
Anti-tax.
Anti-bailout.
Ron Paul donor....

...and tea-baggers are claiming him as their own...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=332324767358&ref=search&sid=501891508.3845767387..1

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 01:08 AM
What he did was bat-shit crazy, not stupid...

This guy confuses you. You want to blame the repugs, business as usual but you can't. He left a letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you, in your pathetic spin, little world, you want to say he is a tea-partier, sorry, I mean tea-bagger, which in your little world means a dumb republican. From his letter, he was pissed at everyone. Move on son.

Nbadan
02-19-2010, 01:14 AM
This guy confuses you. You want to blame the repugs, business as usual but you can't. He left a letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you, in your pathetic spin, little world, you want to say he is a tea-partier, sorry, I mean tea-bagger, which in your little world means a dumb republican. From his letter, he was pissed at everyone. Move on son.

...he wasn't pissed at everyone...he was pissed at the IRS...plus he was in a group loosely affiliated with immigrant-hating, dead-enders and succession freaks...he was Glenn Beckkk and Rick Perry all rapped up in a nice little teabag...

Oh, Gee!!
02-19-2010, 01:16 AM
could be a tea-bagger, but my sense is that he was unaffiliated. sounds like a loner with a lot of anger.

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 01:20 AM
...he wasn't pissed at everyone...he was pissed at the IRS...plus he was in a group loosely affiliated with immigrant-hating, dead-enders and succession freaks...he was Glenn Beckkk and Rick Perry all rapped up in a nice little teabag...

Who was this guy happy with, dumbfuck? He tried to kill his wife and kid. He blamed the government from the 80's until now. I am laughing so hard.

Nbadan
02-19-2010, 01:20 AM
could be a tea-bagger, but my sense is that he was unaffiliated. sounds like a loner with a lot of anger.

Kinda like the Ft. Hood shooter, huh?

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 01:21 AM
And the tea-baggers are only a year old...

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 01:22 AM
There is no hope for you....Good night!

Nbadan
Who was this guy happy with, dumbfuck? He tried to kill his wife and kid. He blamed the government from the 80's until now. I am laughing so hard.

Errrr...Wrong!

Neighbor Elbert Hutchins said he ran to the house while calling 911 and saw flames coming out of an upstairs window. Soon he saw a woman and a girl drive up in a car.

Neighbors believe that was Stack’s wife and daughter, who is about 12 years old.

Stateman (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2010/02/18/house_fire_in_north_austin.html)

Don't let facts get in the way Jack, your on a roll!

Oh, Gee!!
Kinda like the Ft. Hood shooter, huh?

I guess, but I question your eagerness to score political points so quickly after the incident.

Nbadan
02-19-2010, 01:29 AM
I guess, but I question your eagerness to score political points so quickly after the incident.

At the beginning of this thread I asked the question, 'was this nut a tea-bagger'..I am simply making the case that it sure looks that way...if you want to think of it as 'scoring political points' then that's your opinion...more people died at Ft. Hood, but wing-nuts wasted no time in painting Hasan as all sorts of things..a muslim.. ..a radical,... a terrorist, ....I bet you money the media won't jump to paint Stack as a tea-bagger with such eagerness...but there is lots of circumstantial evidence that says he was...

Nbadan
02-19-2010, 01:41 AM
Just today at a tea-bagger party, a speaker caught on camera called for a public lynching of a U.S. Senator..

The unidentified woman, captured by a local television crew while speaking from the podium Saturday, told the crowd in Clarkston that Murray should suffer the same fate as the character Jake in the western "Lonesome Dove."

"What happened to Jake when he ran with the wrong crowd?" the woman asked. "He got hung. And that's what I want to do with Patty Murray.

Yahoo (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100219/ap_on_re_us/us_tea_party_hang_senator)

..seriously, that could have come from the Joe Stack manifesto...

ChumpDumper
02-19-2010, 01:55 AM
He was pretty pissed off. Obama made alot of promises about healthcare, another wasted tax Stack paid for.Stack didn't pay his taxes, genius.

Winehole23
02-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Ride with an outlaw, die with an outlaw?It's a cool line, but it kinda doesn't apply.

DarrinS
02-19-2010, 08:04 AM
This thread sucks.

George Gervin's Afro
02-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Stack didn't pay his taxes, genius.

give him a break. he was on a roll..:lmao

TeyshaBlue
02-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Newly-minted Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) appeared on Fox’s Neil Cavuto and showed none of the outrage and concern about terrorism that he exuded during his Senate election campaign. Asked for his reaction, Brown said he felt for the families, but quickly shrugged off the attack and transitioned to say that “people are frustrated” and “no one likes paying taxes...

Link (http://www.mediaite.com/online/senator-scott-brown-links-anger-behind-austin-pilot-crash-to-his-election/)

Once again, Dan with hammer in hand, surveys a vast field of nails.:rolleyes

EmptyMan
02-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Brown for Pres!

pitbull bitch for Veep!

You think Brown is sexy do you?

SnakeBoy
02-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Yet at the same time, the joke we call the American medical system, including the drug and insurance companies, are murdering tens of thousands of people a year and stealing from the corpses and victims they cripple, and this country’s leaders don’t see this as important as bailing out a few of their vile, rich cronies.

Yeah Dan, he sounds just like the people at the tea parties.

DarrinS
02-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Any attempt to attach this crazy zealot to the right or to the left in order to score political points is pathetic.

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Stack didn't pay his taxes, genius.

Yeah, he never paid taxes, gotcha.

Oh, Gee!!
02-19-2010, 12:22 PM
there's a point where right/left distinctions become fuzzy--I think it's going to be difficult to pigeon-hole this guy. What does it really matter? The guy had a beef with the gov't and used violence to resolve his issue.

Spurminator
02-19-2010, 12:44 PM
At the beginning of this thread I asked the question, 'was this nut a tea-bagger'..I am simply making the case that it sure looks that way...if you want to think of it as 'scoring political points' then that's your opinion...more people died at Ft. Hood, but wing-nuts wasted no time in painting Hasan as all sorts of things..a muslim.. ..a radical,... a terrorist, ....I bet you money the media won't jump to paint Stack as a tea-bagger with such eagerness...but there is lots of circumstantial evidence that says he was...

Go fuck yourself Dan.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah, he never paid taxes, gotcha.Yeah, he's your hero, gotcha.

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah, he's your hero, gotcha.

Nope.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Yep.

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Yep.

Why do you think he is my hero? Just an opinion or do you have facts?

ChumpDumper
02-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Why do you think he is my hero? Just an opinion or do you have facts?It's written all over your posts.

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 02:55 PM
It's written all over your posts.

I never said he was my hero or anything like that. Can you be specific?

ChumpDumper
02-19-2010, 02:59 PM
I never said he was my hero or anything like that. Can you be specific?I don't need to direct you to your own posts. He's your hero because you got a chance to blame Obama for his actions.

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't need to direct you to your own posts. He's your hero because you got a chance to blame Obama for his actions.

I never blamed Obama for this nut flying his plane into a building, genius.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Sure you did, genius.

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 03:20 PM
You should have stopped him. He only lived a mile away from you.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Pretty sure it's more than a mile; depends on where in Scofield Farms it was. The crash site is quite close to my girlfriend's place though.

jack sommerset
02-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Thank goodness she is safe. Your buddy could have missed his target.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2010, 03:39 PM
He would have to have screwed up very badly to do that, and even then there's a sizable hotel in the way of a plane coming in from the north. As it was he apparently screwed up and didn't hit the Echelon building directly.

Oh, Gee!!
02-19-2010, 04:12 PM
The crash site is quite close to my girlfriend's place though.

but don't ask her, cuz she moved....yeah, that's it. she moved.....to....Niagra Falls.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
:lol

Nbadan
02-20-2010, 02:07 AM
Oh boy, ...

Stack's suicide note, an angry rant against the IRS and the government which was posted online the morning of his death, got around 20 million hits before it was taken down at the request of the FBI, according to Alex Melen, president and founder of T35, the network service provider for the Web site where the note was posted.

Melen, 25, said within minutes of taking the note down, the company was "bombarded" with around 3,000 e-mails demanding Stack's words be reposted. Some of the e-mails contained personal threats against Melen.

"What's funny is most people were pretty much praising him," Melen told ABC News.

-----

"He sacrificed his life to inspire the quest for TRUTH," one Facebook poster said. "He deserves a memorial. A one man uprising... God Bless him."

"This was quite heroic," said a member of Stormfront.org, a white supremacist Web site. "There is a gradual awakening underway."

"This is just the beginning, prepare for battle!" another said.

ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/patriot-movement-calling-joe-stack-hero/story?id=9889443)

Notice how ABC News stays away from making any connection with the tea-baggers? ...that didn't happen after Oklahoma City....but that was then and this is now..

Winehole23
02-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Notice how ABC News stays away from making any connection with the tea-baggers? ABC dutifully records the homage of white supremacists from Stormfront, but shrinks from taking the pulse of teabaggers? Is that how it works?

I was unaware there was any connection.

I just thought Stack was a rich, spoiled, weak douche who couldn't face the reality of ending up poor because he consistently made such bad decisions for himself.

TeyshaBlue
02-20-2010, 10:01 AM
ABC dutifully records the homage of white supremacists from Stormfront, but shrinks from taking the pulse of teabaggers? Is that how it works?

I was unaware there was any connection.

I just thought Stack was a rich, spoiled, weak douche who couldn't face the reality of ending up poor because he consistently made such bad decisions for himself.

That conclusion doesn't support dan's preconceived notions, therefore he cannot fathom it.

Ya Vez
02-20-2010, 10:59 AM
wasn't that nutty professor that gunned down 3 other professors in Alabama this week a Obama activist?

DarrinS
02-20-2010, 11:06 AM
wasn't that nutty professor that gunned down 3 other professors in Alabama this week a Obama activist?

Nutjobs are nutjobs. Once you're this sick, your political ideology can't be blamed for your actions. It's just too bad these people can't simply off themselves without hurting others.

Winehole23
02-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Nutjobs are nutjobs. Once you're this sick, your political ideology can't be blamed for your actions. What about religious creed? Can it be blamed for nutjobs?

EVAY
02-20-2010, 02:31 PM
What about religious creed? Can it be blamed for nutjobs?

There are times when the religious creed/nutjob behavior does seem like a chicken-and-egg question, aren't there?

Winehole23
02-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Could be I guess. Can you give an example?

doobs
02-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Whetehr a lone nut does something for his religion or his political views, the analysis is pretty much the same. But organized groups oftentimes take advantage of these kinds of people to advance their own agendas.

In this case, Joe Stack was a lone nut who went postal in spectacular fashion. He had no material or logistical support from anyone else, as far as we know.

Winehole23
02-21-2010, 03:03 AM
In this case, Joe Stack was a lone nut who went postal in spectacular fashion. He had no material or logistical support from anyone else, as far as we know.The same appears to be true of Major Hasan. So why is the reaction different?

coyotes_geek
02-22-2010, 11:27 AM
The same appears to be true of Major Hasan. So why is the reaction different?

Because you'll find both the irs and muslims on the list of things "we" don't like. So Stack gets the "......but I get where he was coming from" justification and Hassan doesn't.

Oh, Gee!!
02-22-2010, 02:17 PM
wonder what debra medina thinks

coyotes_geek
02-23-2010, 11:20 AM
http://www.tobytoons.com/redstate/20100222_stack.jpg

Winehole23
02-23-2010, 12:58 PM
RIP, Mr. Vernon Hunter (http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978061891&grpId=3659174697244816&nav=Groupspace). Peace to your family and friends.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/joan_walsh/politics/2010/02/22/vernon_hunter/md_horiz.jpg

DarrinS
02-23-2010, 02:02 PM
http://www.tobytoons.com/redstate/20100222_stack.jpg

+1

ChumpDumper
02-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Doesn't look like he paid any taxes, much less "high" ones.

Nbadan
02-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Joe Stack, Hero...

jLg_UyJIB5c

admiralsnackbar
02-26-2010, 09:29 PM
What a douche. "He had the courage..." to kill innocent people without affecting the actual status of the IRS.