PDA

View Full Version : American Charlie Davies making a comeback

scottspurs
02-18-2010, 09:50 PM
It would be an amazing story if he played in the world cup.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/4924871/ce/us/us-team-forward-charlie-davies-back-french-club-sochaux&cc=5901?ver=us

February 18, 2010
Davies hopes to resume training

Associated Press

SOCHAUX, France -- American forward Charlie Davies is back in France and says he's a month from resuming training with Sochaux following a car accident.

The 23-year-old had been rehabilitating in Delaware following a one-vehicle accident Oct. 13 in Virginia that left him with two broken bones in his right leg, a broken and dislocated left elbow, a broken nose, forehead and eye socket, a fracture in his face, a ruptured bladder and bleeding on his brain.

"I've come a long way," he said during a video interview posted Thursday on the team's Web site. "I'd say I'm probably a month away from being able to train with the team regularly, and then I need a little more time to be able to get match-fit again. So, you know, I'd say I'm not too far away from being able to play again."

Davies, who was born in Manchester, N.H., and played for Boston College, was a member of the 2008 U.S. Olympic team. He had two goals in six appearances with Sochaux before the accident and four goals in 17 appearances with the U.S. national team. The accident has jeopardized his chance to play with the U.S. at this year's World Cup.

Davies said he will undertake strength training and hopes to be playing for Sochaux before the Ligue 1 season ends in May. He will go to the Cap Sport Centre in Capbreton next week for rehabilitation.

"I need to get my body back into shape as far as being fit and being able to run again without being so tired," he said.

He has two titanium rods inserted in his right leg and plates and screws in his left elbow as a result of his injuries.

Davies was a passenger in the car when the accident occurred on the George Washington Memorial Parkway. Ashley J. Roberta, 22, of Phoenix, Md. died in the accident.

Federal court records show a U.S. Park Police detective says the unidentified driver told police she drank alcohol before the crash and officers smelled alcohol on her breath.

Libri
02-19-2010, 02:11 AM
It would be amazing, considering the extent of his injuries.

I read that Onyewu started to train Thursday with the National Team.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/4926403/ce/us/oguchi-onyewu-returns-training-us-national-team?cc=null&ver=us

RedsLakers24
03-03-2010, 04:18 AM
cool, im happy, i dont watch soccer but this is a young kid with a ton of talent and it would have sucked if that would have ended his career