PDA

View Full Version : This is why you don't want to face the Cavs in the playoffs

DazedAndConfused
02-18-2010, 10:35 PM
The fucking refs.

You will not get a fair shake. You will have to deal with Lebron getting every call. You will get raked and raped during the clutch and no foul calls will come your way.

It's pretty ridiculous. But this is what the NBA wants, you can't market King James unless he wins a ring.

dirk4mvp
02-18-2010, 10:36 PM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-18-2010, 10:36 PM
One thing I've always wondered....if you imagine a Laker fan and with a bunch of fellow Laker fans watching Laker basketball in the same room....how the hell do you decide which person in the room is the biggest fagger?

It's like a koan. You could meditate on this for years.

dirk4mvp
02-18-2010, 10:38 PM
One thing I've always wondered....if you imagine a Laker fan and with a bunch of fellow Laker fans watching Laker basketball in the same room....how the hell do you decide which person in the room is the biggest fagger?

It's like a koan. You could meditate on this for years.

It's always the guy with the blondest highlights and the smallest polo.

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2010, 10:39 PM
I don't understand how Laker fan has the balls to complain about refs..seriously, think about it..

DazedAndConfused
02-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Actually if you look back at the playoff series in the last two years you will be hard pressed to find ANY evidence of ref favoritism towards LAL. There are no stats to back up that ridiculous claim.

Prove me wrong.

TheMACHINE
02-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Actually if you look back at the playoff series in the last two years you will be hard pressed to find ANY evidence of ref favoritism towards LAL. There are no stats to back up that ridiculous claim.

Prove me wrong.

I hear dem crickets.

Jacob1983
02-19-2010, 02:52 AM
The Cavs lost tonight. I guess the refs didn't want to help them win the game tonight.

TheMACHINE
02-19-2010, 02:55 AM
The Cavs lost tonight. I guess the refs didn't want to help them win the game tonight.

they sure tried, but the Refs couldnt control Lebron fumbling the ball and him missing the free throws.

Im assuming you didnt watch the game.

BUMP
02-19-2010, 03:05 AM
:lol at fans of the team that was on the better end of the biggest fix in NBA history complaining about refs :lol

TheMACHINE
02-19-2010, 03:09 AM
:lol at fans of the team that was on the better end of the biggest fix in NBA history complaining about refs :lol

which team?

redzero
02-19-2010, 03:14 AM
Remember when the Lakers got 27 free throws in one quarter?

TheMACHINE
02-19-2010, 03:14 AM
Remember when the Lakers got 27 free throws in one quarter?

link

redzero
02-19-2010, 03:52 AM
link

Game 6 2002 WCF

milkshakeballa
02-19-2010, 04:01 AM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Can someone explain the originations of this?

j.dizzle
02-19-2010, 04:09 AM
Sons, its not only bogus calls & phantom and 1's..Its about Bron never picking up any obvious fouls that he commits..I saw him smack Melo a grip of times today & he only ended up with like 1 foul. Melo shot a bunch of FT's too but he was also getting hammered on his drives in the second half & was not getting any of the same calls bron was getting. Oh well, its not gonna change so you gotta live with it.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-19-2010, 04:31 AM
I don't understand how Laker fan has the balls to complain about refs..seriously, think about it..

Game 2 08 NBA finals.

2004 NBA finals.

Think about it. Why would the NBA want an accused rapist as their goldenchild when they cold have the pre-sex scandal Tiger Woods of basketball as their 'air apparent'.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-19-2010, 04:33 AM
Game 6 2002 WCF

Games 2/3/5 2002 WCF

Yawn. Weakest troll ever.

FkLA
02-19-2010, 04:40 AM
STFU. Laker fans complaining about officiating is like OJ complaining about someone getting away with murder. No, actually its even worse its like OJ complaining about someone getting away with a misdemeanor because whatever calls Cleveland may get are nowhere near as blatant and ridiculous as those calls LA got in 2002.

Nader cited Washington Post sports columnist Michael Wilbon who wrote that too many of the calls in the fourth quarter (when the Lakers received 27 foul shots) were "stunningly incorrect," all against Sacramento.

After noting that the three referees in Game 6 "are three of the best in the game, Wilbon wrote: "I have never seen officiating in a game of consequence as bad as that in Game 6....When Pollard, on his sixth and final foul, didn't as much as touch Shaq. Didn't touch any part of him. You could see it on TV, see it at courtside. It wasn't a foul in any league in the world. And Divac, on his fifth foul, didn't foul Shaq. They weren't subjective or borderline or debatable. And these fouls not only resulted in free throws, they helped disqualify Sacramento's two low-post defenders. And one might add, in a 106-102 Lakers' victory, this officiating took away what would have been a Sacramento series victory in 6 games."

Nader also cited the basketball writer for USA Today, David Dupree, who said, "I've been covering the NBA for 30 years, and it's the poorest officiating in an important game I've ever seen."http://dissidentvoice.org/Articles/BacherNaderNBA.htm

FkLA
02-19-2010, 04:54 AM
Furthermore...

Spurs-Lakers. This is the series we all wanted. The defending NBA champs versus the league's Most Valuable Player and its best team (you heard me, Boston). As well as its most glamorous. A few years ago, NBA commissioner David Stern was asked to name his dream championship match-up. He replied without hesitation, "Lakers vs. Lakers." Exactly (Bruce Bowen, you will have two fouls before the first TV timeout).
The truth is, Spurs-Lakers is a more compelling match-up, and between better teams, than most of the NBA Finals of the previous nine seasons. Spurs-Knicks and Lakers-76ers, for example, were 4-1 yawners while Spurs-Cavs and Lakers-Nets were sweeps. Oh, and yes, the Spurs and Lakers have won seven of the previous nine NBA titles…though only one of the two has drawn the type of television ratings that bring a pleased look to the commissioner's face.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24757655/

So yea Laker fans should probably just keep quiet about Cleveland getting calls or about Stern being in love with them.

koriwhat
02-19-2010, 04:55 AM
Mother F'ing word!

motherfuckin' dumb is what that is! quoting a hack of a comedian everytime mavs fan doesn't like what he reads. fuckin' stupid shit!

redzero
02-19-2010, 05:08 AM
Games 2/3/5 2002 WCF

Yawn. Weakest troll ever.

Oh, I'm a troll because I don't agree with you. Brilliant.

And I don't recall the Kings taking 27 free throws in the fourth quarter of games 2, 3 or 5.

BRHornet45
02-19-2010, 06:11 AM
well son this is why I have said over and over again that the best way to clean up the NBA is to COMPLETELY ELIMINATE FREE THROWS FROM THE GAME.

call me crazy, but I want to watch fair basketball. not rigged, scripted sports entertainment.

Muser
02-19-2010, 06:15 AM
2004 NBA finals.

:wtf

Rogue
02-19-2010, 06:16 AM
KROFL :lmao :lmao :lmao

Only with Kobe sidelined is a Lakers fan privileged to start such a thread whining about Refs and free throw abuses IMHO.

j.dizzle
02-19-2010, 06:17 AM
http://obsessedwithsports.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/vince-mcmahon1.jpg

ambchang
02-19-2010, 09:10 AM

Prove me wrong.

So what stats back up the claim that the Cavs get ref favoritism?

8FOR!3
02-19-2010, 09:11 AM

I'm wondering the same thing.

Halberto
02-19-2010, 09:12 AM

Prove me wrong.

What a ridiculous thing to ask. You think someone would spend all that time looking at free throw statistics and fouls called in the last 2 minutes of games just to have you blow it off anyway?

I'm getting tired of some of you idiots.

picc84
02-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Thread was doomed to fail from the start. :lol

lefty
02-19-2010, 09:54 AM
The fucking refs.

You will not get a fair shake. You will have to deal with Kobe getting every call. You will get raked and raped during the clutch and no foul calls will come your way.

It's pretty ridiculous. But this is what the NBA wants, you have to market Kobe.
Fify

Halberto
02-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Game 2 08 NBA finals.

2004 NBA finals.

Think about it. Why would the NBA want an accused rapist as their goldenchild when they cold have the pre-sex scandal Tiger Woods of basketball as their 'air apparent'.

How did I miss this?!

1) One game... really? How about the other 5 opportunities the Lakers were given...

2) The Pistons straight up owned the Lakers in 2004. They dissected that team like it was practice. Fittingly, it was because they played selfless, team basketball.

3) air apparent? do you me heir?

hater
02-19-2010, 11:33 AM
a lakerfan bitching about refs

:lmao :lmao

lefty
02-19-2010, 11:38 AM
One thing for sure, Melo has matured a lot

lefty
02-19-2010, 11:39 AM
One thing for sure, Melo has matured a lot
Oops, wrong thread :lol

Sorry

duncan228
02-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Can someone explain the originations of this?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89344

JoeTait75
02-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Not sure why Lake Show fans are concerned here. Their team isn't going to make the Finals anyway.

TheMACHINE
02-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Not sure why Lake Show fans are concerned here. Their team isn't going to make the Finals anyway.

and the Cavs are?

JoeTait75
02-19-2010, 02:28 PM
and the Cavs are?

This thread was started by a Laker fan whining about the Cavaliers getting calls. If you want to start a thread about how the Cavaliers might not get to the Finals, feel free.

TheMACHINE
02-19-2010, 03:13 PM
This thread was started by a Laker fan whining about the Cavaliers getting calls. If you want to start a thread about how the Cavaliers might not get to the Finals, feel free.

no need...the cavs arnt getting to the finals anyways..no point in making a thread to state the obvious.

himat
02-19-2010, 03:16 PM
The Lakers epitomize getting wins handed to them STFU. Lakers fans are dumb as hell. They say give us evidence of a fixed game for them even though they had one of the biggest fixes in sports history. (2002):lmao

JoeTait75
02-19-2010, 03:20 PM
no need...the cavs arnt getting to the finals anyways..no point in making a thread to state the obvious.

Cavaliers-Nuggets. It's going to be a hell of a series.

j.dizzle
02-19-2010, 03:40 PM
This thread is turning into the same shit we heard last year lmao

himat
02-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Do you guys remember the and 1 LeBron scored to tie the game in OT yesterday? Watch the replay, BS call. Nene had his hands straight up and LeBron drove his shoulder into him.

Its around the 5 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHtDYb_QWFI

Lakers fans shouldn't be complaining though.

JoeTait75
02-19-2010, 03:47 PM
This thread is turning into the same shit we heard last year lmao

What, Laker fans being bleeding cunts? That goes on every year.

RedsLakers24
02-19-2010, 04:13 PM
What, Laker fans being bleeding cunts? That goes on every year.

why r u pissed of, maybe cuz we made it to the finals 2 times in a row and are going to make it for a time in a row? while the cavs havent

monosylab1k
02-19-2010, 04:22 PM
http://tshirtmaven.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/a812_bm1.gif

JoeTait75
02-19-2010, 04:27 PM
why r u pissed of, maybe cuz we made it to the finals 2 times in a row and are going to make it for a time in a row? while the cavs havent

Yeah, I'm jealous because you root for a different bunch of millionaires than I do. Douchebag.

djohn2oo8
02-19-2010, 04:43 PM
LOL Laker fan bitching...No surprises here

You know Stern is on your side when Kobe elbows Battier in the back of the head, and the league claims "he was just getting up"

TheMACHINE
02-19-2010, 04:47 PM
LOL Laker fan bitching...No surprises here

You know Stern is on your side when Kobe elbows Battier in the back of the head, and the league claims "he was just getting up"

he was just getting up. :p:

bostonguy
02-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Meh. KG gets away for his illegal screens all the time. Lebron will get calls in his favor but you have to play through it.

bostonguy
02-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Cavaliers-Nuggets. It's going to be a hell of a series.

Cavs will be playing in June but I still don't see the Nuggets. You are sold on a team that has George Karl as their head coach? Denver can compete with LA but I don't see how you think they have the smarts to take down a championship team like LA.
They have to show me they can make defensive stops and execute on offense when it matters under playoff pressure. I wasn't sold on them last year because they beat 2 non-athletic teams in N.O and Dallas. They have the perfect roster to implode when shit gets rough. Regular season victories mean jack.

Rogue
02-21-2010, 10:37 PM
You're possibly going to make it for the 3rd straight time this season in my genuine opinion. But this year Staples won't permit access to guys wearing colored v-necks, just something to think about.

Hemotivo
02-22-2010, 12:17 AM
The fucking refs.

You will not get a fair shake. You will have to deal with Lebron getting every call. You will get raked and raped during the clutch and no foul calls will come your way.

It's pretty ridiculous. But this is what the NBA wants, you can't market King James unless he wins a ring.

you don't want to face them

Jace
02-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Actually somewhat true, I recall a recent article where Lebron was compared historically and he fouls less than anyone in NBA history who plays his minutes.

Despite being an aggressive defender who has never been "great" technically

pauls931
02-22-2010, 08:24 AM
I thought it would be the risk of lung cancer from side hand chalk dust.

sefant77
02-22-2010, 08:50 AM
The fucking refs.

I thought its just "choking" if u cant stop someone from getting a ridiculous amount of FTA in the finals :rolleyes

Halberto
02-22-2010, 09:40 AM
I thought its just "choking" if u cant stop someone from getting a ridiculous amount of FTA in the finals :rolleyes

Putting up a 67 win season and losing to the 8th seed is choking too

Halberto
02-22-2010, 09:54 AM
...alright