PDA

View Full Version : Bowen Calling out Roger Mason?

Boss
02-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Gotta Love Bowen indirectly calling out Roger Mason on twitter:

"NBA Trade Dead Line coming up, Players playing Good Cop, agents playing Bad Cop. What happened to RESPONSIBILTY! Players Come On!!!"
-on Feb 16th

Then today:
"Wondering how guys feel that tried to leverage trades, but the trades never happened? Wonder what kind of PT they'll receive now."

http://twitter.com/Bowen12

FeZZy
02-19-2010, 12:22 AM
well aren't you special

doobs
02-19-2010, 12:28 AM
http://twitter.com/Bowen12/status/9321042767

"I'm not talking about Roger"

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Ya, this seemed like an indirect shot at Mason for sure..interesting to see Bruce still cares, good to hear..

tothrowed
02-19-2010, 12:40 AM
LMAOOOO SOMEBIDY NEEDS TO USE THIS IS AN AVATR
http://twitter.com/account/profile_image/jeremymandel?hreflang=en

ohmwrecker
02-19-2010, 12:45 AM
Yeah . . . Right.

EricB
02-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Ya, this seemed like an indirect shot at Mason for sure..interesting to see Bruce still cares, good to hear..

Bowen comes on every week on the morning radio show from 7-9 on 760

Talks about the Spurs glowingly and still caresa whole crap load.

The Truth #6
02-19-2010, 12:54 AM
I still don't see how Mason and Pop weren't on the same page regarding a trade. Pop doesn't want to play Mason and Mason doesn't want to play for pop. They should have got something for him. Even the agent was trying to make it happen.

This team is full of dead men walking. What a waste in not getting something for them.

FeZZy
02-19-2010, 01:24 AM
:lmao

all_heart
02-19-2010, 02:47 AM
I still don't see how Mason and Pop weren't on the same page regarding a trade. Pop doesn't want to play Mason and Mason doesn't want to play for pop. They should have got something for him. Even the agent was trying to make it happen.

This team is full of dead men walking. What a waste in not getting something for them.

Ain't that a bitch... the only guy that got moved is one of the very few that can block shots. The other guy Haislip was the only guy that could jump out the gym..

admiralsnackbar
02-19-2010, 03:12 AM
Ain't that a bitch... the only guy that got moved is one of the very few that can block shots. The other guy Haislip was the only guy that could jump out the gym..

Yet he couldn't jump back into the NBA.

Baseline
02-19-2010, 04:00 AM
Pop doesn't play anybody who's more athletic than he is.

It's just not good when you hope to get Oberto back in a trade in order to bolster your front line.

TDMVPDPOY
02-19-2010, 04:24 AM
does roger really think his going toget paid more than what his currently on? cmon now his justa spotup shooter that looked good in our system 2seasons ago, now his just a shell of his former self

angelbelow
02-19-2010, 04:28 AM
nice!

Jason R
02-19-2010, 04:40 AM
does roger really think his going toget paid more than what his currently on? cmon now his justa spotup shooter that looked good in our system 2seasons ago, now his just a shell of his former self

So Bogans is a better player worthy of more playing time?

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-19-2010, 04:45 AM
So Bogans is a better player worthy of more playing time?

Well for starters he's cheaper, tougher, doesn't whine and sulk, plays much better defense and shoots the 3 at a comparable rate. What's your point?

TJastal
02-19-2010, 07:26 AM
Well for starters he's cheaper, tougher, doesn't whine and sulk, plays much better defense and shoots the 3 at a comparable rate. What's your point?

Bogans is cheap. You got that one right.

Just don't forget that Bogans has had the luxury of having regular minutes and a defined set starting role for most of the year, where Roger's role and minutes have been inconsistent. I would be willing to bet if Pop would have stuck him in the starting lineup instead of Bogans and given him consistent minutes his 3pt% would be at or near last year's mark, and maybe even better.

And quite frankly I don't think Bogan's defense has been better than Rogers' this year. He's a good tough defender against physical players, I'll give him that, but he sucks against the finesse/long types, whereas Roger excels.

All in all, they both have their positives and negatives but the offense flows much smoother when Mason in on the court, and the difference in defense is negligible.

all_heart
02-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Yet he couldn't jump back into the NBA.

Yea, at least not from the Spurs, something tells me he would have gotten more PT and be developing if he had went to another NBA team... any NBA team.

Avitus1
02-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Get em!

Kool Bob Love
02-19-2010, 10:31 AM

Lying ass...:lol:rollin

I. Hustle
02-19-2010, 10:40 AM

"I'm not talking about Roger I'm talking TOO Roger"

/fixed

Spursmania
02-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Roger deserved it. He really overvalues himself too much. He's a role player and he has been inconsistent this year. The excuses of "Well, he's not getting a lot of time" is such bullshit. He's supposed to be a professional.

Playing in the NBA doesn't guarantee every player loads of time so they can get a rhythm. They either hit it or they don't. RM seems to think he would get a lot of time playing somewhere else. Yeah, where else would he get the time he got last year on our team? Please...

hater
02-19-2010, 10:43 AM
He's the only one with balls to stand up to Pop.

take a side bitches

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-19-2010, 10:44 AM

Just don't forget that Bogans has had the luxury of having regular minutes and a defined set starting role for most of the year, where Roger's role and minutes have been inconsistent. I would be willing to bet if Pop would have stuck him in the starting lineup instead of Bogans and given him consistent minutes his 3pt% would be at or near last year's mark, and maybe even better.

And quite frankly I don't think Bogan's defense has been better than Rogers' this year. He's a good tough defender against physical players, I'll give him that, but he sucks against the finesse/long types, whereas Roger excels.

All in all, they both have their positives and negatives but the offense flows much smoother when Mason in on the court, and the difference in defense is negligible.

Agree to disagree then, fair enough, however, you'd be hard pressed to find many people supporting the views that :
1. Bogan's defense hasn't been better than Rogers' this year
2. Roger excels defensively against the finesse/long types

DBMethos
02-19-2010, 11:00 AM
He's the only one with balls to stand up to Pop.

take a side bitches

Agreed. Mason's no fool. He knows the potential of this team, but Pop's crappy lineups and constantly changing rotations have killed any shot at developing some sort of consistency. Thinking that it was bullshit (which the majority of Spurstalk posters seem to agree with), he said "fuck it" and made his feelings known. Wish more of the players would adopt this mentality...maybe then we wouldn't be stuck with Bogans and Bonner STARTING. :bang

hater
02-19-2010, 11:04 AM
what these silly spursfans need to understand is Mason is not like a regular NBA tweeter. He calmly and cooly thought of what to write, probably slept on it for a night or 2. He did not blurb it out like most of the dumbass NBA players.

After careful consideration, how is that whining? :pctoss

pad300
02-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Bowen comes on every week on the morning radio show from 7-9 on 760

Talks about the Spurs glowingly and still caresa whole crap load.

You don't suppose he cares enough to come back and take Bogan's starting spot for the vet min? He'd be such an upgrade ... if we could get Pop just get over himself... :depressed

galvatron3000
03-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Was this Finley, in retrospect?

ohmwrecker
03-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Was this Finley, in retrospect?

I don't think so. The timing is not right and "agents playing bad cop" line doesn't make any sense in the Finley situation. Bruce won't admit it, but I think it was meant for Mason.

GhosTown
03-03-2010, 11:19 AM

Well said. But you were being kind to Bogans. I won't be. He is crap. This guy is not a quality NBA player. He is self check and he hurts the Spurs, not help them. Malik is better at defense than he is, and Mason is better offensively.

Every second Bogans plays ahead of Mason is a crime. And when they need a stop, and need to sub defense for offense, instead of Bogans they should use Malik.

Bogans and Bonner should never leave the bench unless its garbage time.

We are not paying Mason millions to watch.