PDA

View Full Version : kevin trudeau has pissed people off.

PublicOption
02-19-2010, 07:27 AM
I knew the corporations in this country would get together and try to nail this guy.

......but a 37 million dollar fine...........WOW!

Oh, Gee!!
02-19-2010, 10:10 AM
link?

Bartleby
02-19-2010, 10:16 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2043065,kevin-trudeau-infomercial-judge-021110.article

boutons_deux
02-19-2010, 11:27 AM
he certainly pissed off one judge.

Wild Cobra
02-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Wow...

Now it's a crime to use your first amendment rights...

Anyone who has read his books can see he carefully crafts words to avoid legal trouble. Apparently, that wasn't good enough. I'd say this judge had a personal grudge before the emails started.

I cannot stand the guy. His commercials are over the top. The start of the article had me laughing at the stupidity of the writer. "Kevin Trudeau, the slick, silver-tongued infomercial king." Well, at least I am one that cannot stand his pitch. He's loud and annoying. There are interesting things in his books however. Someone turned me onto one some time back not realizing he was the same guy I couldn't stand on TV. All this guy has done, is compiled several remedies into a book, and a marketing scheme. Disclaimers are there.

boutons_deux
02-19-2010, 12:09 PM
"He's loud and annoying"

but you love that equally self-promoting sicko BecKKK

Bartleby
02-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Interesting post in the comments section from somebody claiming to be a former employee of his:

elaine1 wrote:
There are many people in this world who prey on people who are desperate for answers to many different problems - weight, health, memory, government, etc.

Kevin Trudeau is the best at it. I worked for Kevin many years ago when he was part owner of a company Memory Master Institute, but at that same time he was putting advertisements in the newspaper on "How to Become a Millionaire".

Hundreds of people responded to the add for "free" information. - Which was sent and that information required money (I believe it was $20) to get the details.

I opened these letters and read numerous ones of people sending him their last dollars so they could "Become a Millionaire" (I believe it went on to say "without even trying").

Memory Master relocated to Texas - even trying to move out of a building on a weekend because they were so far back in rent payments. They also left a hotel down the stairway because they could not pay their bill.

A few years later, I heard him on Moody Radio's morning show professing his Christianity and soliciting the sale of another book - I don't recall the name of it. But being a supporter of Moody Bible Radio I immediately picked up the phone and told them that they should check into the people that they have on their program more carefully, because his is nothing but a scam artist.

He wouldn't know how to make a honest living if he tried! I could go on and on - but I have wasted enough energy on this poor excuse for a human being.

The only thing more I must say - is:
BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

DarrinS
02-19-2010, 12:11 PM
When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was about the guy who writes Doonesbury.

Never heard of Kevin Trudeau.

Wild Cobra
02-19-2010, 12:53 PM
"He's loud and annoying"

but you love that equally self-promoting sicko BecKKK
Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

I have said several times I cannot stand watching Beck's antics.