PDA

View Full Version : Lakers toughest matchup?

mfanatic
02-19-2010, 10:30 AM
I know I'm sure as hell rooting for the Rockets to be that 8th seed and face the Lakers in the first round, but is anyone else as excited as I am? I mean they will probably lose to the Lakers, but could you imagine how epic of a series that would be?

Brooks/Laundry
Martin/
Ariza/Battier
Scola/Hill
Hayes/Anderson

hater
02-19-2010, 10:42 AM
lakers have it tough vs.

Cavs
Celtics
Rockets
Blazers

those are all tough matchups

picc84
02-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Dont forget the Thuggets, who wipe their asses with us as of right now.

Not scared of Celtics. Or Magic.

Phillip
02-19-2010, 10:53 AM
over the past couple years, Mavs (with the exception of that abortion of a game in LA earlier this year) play the Lakers pretty tough. If the Mavs gel, they can definitely give the Lakers a rough series.

NuGGeTs-FaN
Rockets would be a great 8th seed. Lakers can't stop Brooks. Ariza will want revenge and Battier can shut down Kobe.

hater
I guess nuggets, but they are too inconsistent

Celtics play their best vs. Lakers. Kinda like Mavs play their best vs. Spurs :(

noob cake
02-19-2010, 11:02 AM
I know I'm sure as hell rooting for the Rockets to be that 8th seed and face the Lakers in the first round, but is anyone else as excited as I am? I mean they will probably lose to the Lakers, but could you imagine how epic of a series that would be?

Brooks/Laundry
Martin/Battier/Budinger
Ariza/Battier
Scola/Hill
Hayes/Anderson

Who is this Kyle Laundry guy? We are actually a great team for Martin because he'll always be able to guard the slowest and worst PG/SG/SF on the other team. I can see Martin guarding Fisher on the defensive side.

mavsfan1000
02-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Mavericks now that they got Butler and Haywood to match the Lakers size.

Double-Up
02-19-2010, 11:44 AM
When did we pick up a Laundry at the PG spot? Must be a 10 day contract...:lol

Allanon
02-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Rockets screwed up when they traded Landry; he was difficult for the Lakers to handle.

Blazers don't have Roy or Oden; they don't stand a chance.

Lakers scored 2 points in 7 minutes last night to close the game. The best Closer in the game will be back for the Finals if the Celtics make it.

Nuggz did everything in their power to lose the game last night but Cavs couldn't buy a bucket to close out. You make those crunch-time mistakes against the Lakers and you're done for.

That only leaves the Mavs and Cavs in the Lakers way.

tlongII
02-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Rockets screwed up when they traded Landry; he was difficult for the Lakers to handle.

Lakers scored 2 points in 7 minutes last night to close the game. The best Closer in the game will be back for the Finals if the Celtics make it.

Nuggz did everything in their power to lose the game last night but Cavs couldn't buy a bucket to close out. You make those crunch-time mistakes against the Lakers and you're done for.

Roy's playing tonight actually. With Camby we should be able to take you out.

I. Hustle
02-19-2010, 01:22 PM
As of right now the Lakers toughest matchup is your mom. The following is my list of reasons.

1. Your mom has that rotted cooch so it will give them all kinds of VD.

2. Your mom also blows guys from other teams so she could give out valuable information when her mouth isn't full.

3. Your mom is fat as shit so they run the risk of getting something broken when she tries to ride them.

4. Your mom knows what Kobe's thing is so he constantly has that on his mind.

5. For as old and fat as she is she trains hard so they run the risk of getting worn out and dehydrated.

6. She looks like Phil Jackson so it confuses them when they are told to do things.

picc84
02-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Not without Steve "Nash against the Lakers" Blake you won't.

Phonzie20
02-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Bobcats

ChrisRichards
02-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Vote goes to Nuggets and Cavs at the moment. They seem to have LA's numbers. I would be very scared facing this teams without HCA.

JoeTait75
02-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Denver will beat the Lake Show even without HCA. Nuggets in six.

Now go ahead and talk shit.

NugzFan
02-19-2010, 01:51 PM

you base the nuggets-lakers potential playoff series on ONE game (that the nuggets won in a very difficult building?)

TheMACHINE
02-19-2010, 01:57 PM
praying that the Spurs take the 8th spot.

Xylus
02-19-2010, 01:58 PM
After seeing the new-look Mavs in action the other night against the Suns, the league is going to have a hard time with them. Butler and Haywood are great additions to that team.

Allanon
02-19-2010, 02:01 PM
you base the nuggets-lakers potential playoff series on ONE game (that the nuggets won in a very difficult building?)

It's the same problem with the Nuggets for the last few years.

It's the same reason why the Nuggets lost to the Lakers last year.

You saw it at the end of the All Star game between Melo and George Karl. And we saw it again last night.

The Lakers are the best closing team in the NBA, you make 3 mistakes (like the ones last night in crunch time) against the Lakers and you're screwed.

Nothing has changed.

Brazil
02-19-2010, 02:10 PM
against spurs front court: dice wheelchair, bonner the sg in a pf body, the beast who cannot look pau in the eyes too little, Ian the "he could bring something but he will stay on the bench cauz pop doesn't like him", Theo "the spurs hired me for that but they finally think the best way to beat the lakers is to reinforce the cats", finley the "sure I can guard Odom" and RJ the "bring the Walton!"

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Battier can shut down Kobe.

:rollin

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-19-2010, 02:33 PM
After seeing the new-look Mavs in action the other night against the Suns, the league is going to have a hard time with them. Butler and Haywood are great additions to that team.

Using a scrub team like the Suns (that play no defense) is not a very good indicator.

TheNextGen
02-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Ariza will shut down Kobe ;)

Xylus
02-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Using a scrub team like the Suns (that play no defense) is not a very good indicator.

Great, another bandwagon Laker douche.

Allanon
02-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Ariza will shut down Kobe ;)

Rockets have traded their best or 2nd best player in Landry.

There's 30 games left to incorporate 4 new guys.

Are the Rockets even going to make the Playoffs? :lol

I think the Rockets will be improved next year but this year is pretty much done.

j.dizzle
02-19-2010, 02:40 PM
The toughest matchup is health. If healthy I can care less who they play. I NEVER thought Kobe would be able to take 2 weeks off in the middle of the season & still have a sick ass record. Im very happy other then Fishdick being a liability haha

Xylus
02-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Rockets have traded their best or 2nd best player in Landry.

There's 30 games left to incorporate 4 new guys.

Are the Rockets even going to make the Playoffs? :lol

I think the Rockets will be improved next year but this year is pretty much done.

The Rockets are 2.5 games out of the 8th seed, with an overachieving Portland holding it down. It'll be hard for them to make a comeback, but there are plenty of games left. Plus, they're schedule is pretty favorable here on out. Lot of games against sub-.500 teams.

Allanon
02-19-2010, 02:48 PM
The Rockets are 2.5 games out of the 8th seed, with an overachieving Portland holding it down. It'll be hard for them to make a comeback, but there are plenty of games left. Plus, they're schedule is pretty favorable here on out. Lot of games against sub-.500 teams.

You can't trade your best/2nd best player and incorporate 4 new guys in 30 games and expect to make the Playoffs. Rockets are done this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets start piling up losses.

Xylus
02-19-2010, 02:50 PM
You can't trade your 2nd best player and incorporate 4 new guys in 30 games and expect to make the Playoffs. Rockets are done.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets start piling up losses.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're making the playoffs, either. But it's certainly not a sure thing. I keep expecting Portland to come back to Earth one of these days.

Allanon
02-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're making the playoffs, either. But it's certainly not a sure thing. I keep expecting Portland to come back to Earth one of these days.

Yeah, of course it's not for sure. It'd be pretty amazing if they make it.

Losing 1 or 2 more games to fit in players will sink you in the West. If they were in the East, they'd have a decent shot.

They're fighting off Portland, Hornets and Grizzlies.

j.dizzle
02-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Sheeeet I would rather play Houston then a banged up Blazers. Without Landry, Pau, Andrew & Lamar will have a field day. & Battier is a non factor gurading Kobe, he lights his ass up. I think Ariza guards Kobe better IMO.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Great, another bandwagon Laker douche.

Great. Another myopic Phoenix fan that thinks his team isn't terrible and not a laughing stock.

Xylus
02-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Great. Another myopic Phoenix fan that thinks his team isn't terrible and not a laughing stock.

The funny thing, I haven't said anything about how good Phoenix is. Why are so many Laker fans this insecure about their team? Douche.

j.dizzle
02-19-2010, 03:13 PM
BTW LOL at the eastern conference with 8-9 teams below .500 compared to only 4 in the west.