hater
02-19-2010, 02:44 PM
1. lebron
2. kobe wade
3. melo, dirk, durant
4. tons of players: gasol, cp3, deron, howard, duncan, etc, etc

milkshakeballa
02-19-2010, 02:48 PM
No way wade deserves to be that high. He has taken it easy all year.

LeBron

Dirk Kobe (cuz of buzzer beaters)
Melo Howard Bosh Durant

Plenty of others

Ducan Gasol CP3 Deron Wade

picc84
02-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Duncan?

Only in flashes from what ive seen this season.

hater
02-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Duncan?

Roy, DWill, Duncan, Gasol they all in the same tier. They all may have a monster game, or they may not

mardigan
02-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Duncan?

Putting up the same numbers in less minutes than Gasol, who you tiered.

1. Brons
2. Kobe, Durant, Melo
3. Wade, Howard

rAm
02-19-2010, 02:55 PM
1. Kobe / Lebron
2. Melo / Durant
3. Dirk / Wade / Howard
4. Ducan / Gasol / CP3 / etc...

Brazil
02-19-2010, 02:59 PM
1. Finley
2. Bonner
3. Mason
4. RJ

picc84
02-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Durant is getting ranked pretty high for a guy who's all around game has yet to be developed.

picc84
02-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Putting up the same numbers in less minutes than Gasol, who you tiered.

1. Brons
2. Kobe, Durant, Melo
3. Wade, Howard

Touche.

rAm
02-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Durant is getting ranked pretty high for a guy who's all around game has yet to be developed.

He's ranked high because he put up 25 straight games with 25+ points.

XFactor
02-19-2010, 03:11 PM
First Tier::- Lebron, Kobe, (Those are the only 2 superstars who people debate about being equal or better than Michael Jordan.

Second Tier::- Carmelo, Wade, CP3, Dwight (Superstars who always lead the allstar in votes with great stats but are never in the same sentences when comparing Jordan, Magic, Bird etc....

Third Tier::- Dirk, Durant, Bosh, (Superstars who usually have a one side dimension to their game.)

Fourth Tier::- Joe Johnson, Gasol, Derrick Rose, Deron (At most just allstars)

** Im not sure where to rank Duncan, 3 years ago, he would have been first tier because he is considered one of the greatest PF of all time but right now im not sure where to place him

picc84
02-19-2010, 03:13 PM
He's ranked high because he put up 25 straight games with 25+ points.

So?

rAm
02-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Name me the other players that have done so

mardigan
02-19-2010, 03:17 PM

Its probably more to do with how easy he makes scoring look, and him taking one of the youngest teams in the NBA to a possible playoff series. I'll admit though, I have him so high just because of his age and his ceiling. I probably have him to high with the deficiencies he still has in his game, its just hard for me to look past what he's doing at his age.

rAm
02-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Well said

TimmehC
1. Finley
2. Bonner
3. Mason
4. RJ
You forgot Bogans.

atxrocker
So?

are you fucking kidding me? the kid is 21 years old and has tremendous upside, are you seriously fucking telling me that at such a early stage in his career he doesn't have the potential to be better than a few of the guys you rank above him? let's get some perspective here, he's a superstar in the making. don't kid yourself.

milkshakeballa
02-19-2010, 03:19 PM

Scary isn't it? Guy is the future of the NBA? Love that kid.

BTW - anybody who doesn't have Dirk in the 2nd tier is nuts. Guy is FLAT out BEASTLY this year....

And Wade has taken it easy....he doesn't deserve much for this season.

Melo started off GREAT...went through a month or two long slump (correct Nugget-Fan?) and now has picked it back up. I think he and Durant are leading the 3rd tier.

picc84
02-19-2010, 03:21 PM
What does his high ceiling have to do with who he is better than right NOW?

milkshakeballa
02-19-2010, 03:23 PM
are you fucking kidding me? the kid is 21 years old and has tremendous upside, are you seriously fucking telling me that at such a early stage in his career he doesn't have the potential to be better than a few of the guys you rank above him? let's get some perspective here, he's a superstar in the making. don't kid yourself.

Superstar in the making????

Sorry brah.....try superstar TODAY and is still improving....

Scary....

rAm
02-19-2010, 03:24 PM
What does his high ceiling have to do with who he is better than right NOW?

That's the thing, he is already better than 99% of the league and he still has so much more potential.

Brazil
You forgot Bogans.

:bang you're right I even forgot this scrub... shame on me: he is on the starting 5 :toast .... If we make the playoff with bonner and bogans in the starting 5 I think the league should create a specific award for such an achievement.

picc84
That's the thing, he is already better than 99% of the league and he still has so much more potential.

I agree. But he can be better than most NBA players and still not be above a tier 3.

j.dizzle
02-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Ill put Bron before Kobe cuz he has to do EVERYTHING for his team to be competitve in a game..I would really like seeing CLE play a contender without Bron. Snaq would have to go into 2001 mode for them to even be in the game. Only teams that can win pretty consistently without their #1 option is LA, Boston, & Denver.

mardigan
02-19-2010, 03:27 PM
who he is better than right NOW?

You put Chris Paul ahead of him. If we are talking right now, like this moment, a healthy Durant would be higher on my list than a hurt CP3.

rAm
02-19-2010, 03:29 PM
I agree. But he can be better than most NBA players and still not be above a tier 3.

You are just harping on one detail here.

Correction: He is better than Gasol and CP3 and everyone else below them.

picc84
02-19-2010, 03:30 PM
You put Chris Paul ahead of him. If we are talking right now, like this moment, a healthy Durant would be higher on my list than a hurt CP3.

Obviously this list assumes everyone healthy. Otherwise I wouldnt have even had Kobe or CP3 there in the first place.

IronMexican
02-19-2010, 03:31 PM
First Tier::- Lebron, Kobe, (Those are the only 2 superstars who people debate about being equal or better than Michael Jordan.

According to some rocketfan, Clyde would be as good as Kobe if he was around now.

picc84
02-19-2010, 03:35 PM
You are just harping on one detail here.

Correction: He is better than Gasol and CP3 and everyone else below them.

What detail?

My point is that Durant is a great scorer and has unlimited potential, but TODAY he is not better than a tier 3 player because his all-around game has yet to be developed. He doesnt play defense, he doesn't make plays for teammates at a high level. He's a really good scorer who can rebound. He's great. But not as great as the others.

I'm not saying he cant improve on these areas, Melo was basically Durant 2 years ago and has made tremendous strides in his all-around game. But Kevin still has to do that. How can you seriously say he's a better player than Chris Paul?

rAm
02-19-2010, 03:41 PM
I can and will say that.

Has Dirk's overall game ever developed? Can howard involve his teammates?

milkshakeballa
02-19-2010, 03:43 PM
What detail?

My point is that Durant is a great scorer and has unlimited potential, but TODAY he is not better than a tier 3 player because his all-around game has yet to be developed. He doesnt play defense, he doesn't make plays for teammates at a high level. He's a really good scorer who can rebound. He's great. But not as great as the others.

I'm not saying he cant improve on these areas, Melo was basically Durant 2 years ago and has made tremendous strides in his all-around game. But Kevin still has to do that. How can you seriously say he's a better player than Chris Paul?

Sorry...but Durant taking this OKC team to the playoffs says EVERYTHING about his ability to lead a team. He is a fucking superstar at 21 motherfuckers. Deal with it...

milkshakeballa
02-19-2010, 03:43 PM
I can and will say that.

Ever developed?

The guy has been a fucking freak THIS year....I don't give a fuck if his game developed.

milkshakeballa
02-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Can howard involve his teammates?

Can Howard's teammates PLEASE involve him for christ sakes.

picc84
02-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Sorry...but Durant taking this OKC team to the playoffs says EVERYTHING about his ability to lead a team. He is a fucking superstar at 21 motherfuckers. Deal with it...

When did I say otherwise? :lol

rAm
02-19-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm using them as an analogy to picc84 saying Durant's all around game hasn't developed.

Once he develops his all around game he will be in Tier 1, for now though I guess he will have to settle for Tier 2.

j.dizzle
02-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Durant definitely is a ridiculous talent especially at his age..Holy shit I dont even wanna imagione how good he'll be in 3-4 years..Imagine if he also adds some muscle, damn love that dude's game. OKC will be a very scary team in a few years, especially if they add a Big that can post up & block shots.

picc84
02-19-2010, 03:56 PM
I can and will say that.

Both of them have more complete game's than Durant. Especially Howard. Durant scores and boards. Thats it.

rAm
02-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Dirk scores and boards. Thats it.

Fixed.

milkshakeballa
02-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Durant definitely is a ridiculous talent especially at his age..Holy shit I dont even wanna imagione how good he'll be in 3-4 years..Imagine if he also adds some muscle, damn love that dude's game. OKC will be a very scary team in a few years, especially if they add a Big that can post up & block shots.

Yep J. My biggest regret of last year was not putting BIG $$$ on OKC on O/U wins for the season. It was at 32. My line of thinknig was with Durants stature....he could easily get hurt and if that happens OKC is fucked. So I layed off.....

ugh....

mardigan
02-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Obviously this list assumes everyone healthy. Otherwise I wouldnt have even had Kobe or CP3 there in the first place.

Touché

redzero
02-19-2010, 04:35 PM
God Tier

LeBron

High Team

Wade
Paul
Howard
Anthony

Upper Tier
Dirk
Durant
Duncan
Williams
Bosh

Shit Tier

Bryant

Baseline
02-19-2010, 04:41 PM
No particular order within tiers.

1. Lebron
2. Kobe, Wade
3. Melo, CP3, Dirk, Howard
4. Durant, Gasol, Deron, Roy, Bosh, Duncan

Agree/disagree.

1. LeBron
2. Wade, Melo
3. Howard, CP3, Durant, Gasol
4. Bryant, Dirk, Bosh
5. Duncan, Roy
6. Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Derrick Rose

Phillip
02-19-2010, 04:43 PM
LMAO @ everyone ranking Dwight Howard so high. guy is an average straight man defender, and is very mediocre offensively. his game revolves around help defense, rebounds, and put-backs. anyone that puts him over guys like Durant, Dirk, Wade, CP3 is nuts. I love D-12, but he has become the most overrated player in the NBA.

rAm
02-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Truth has been spoken

dirk4mvp
02-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Has Dirk's overall game ever developed?

How has it not? He came into the league as a goofier version of Peja muthafuckin Stojokovic.

redzero
02-19-2010, 05:01 PM
How has it not? He came into the league as a goofier version of Peja muthafuckin Stojokovic.

Don't trash Peja by comparing him to that 7-foot gestapo.

milkshakeballa
02-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Don't trash Peja by comparing him to that 7-foot gestapo.

:nope:nope:nope:nope

Girasuck
02-19-2010, 05:56 PM
1- LeBron/Kobe/Wade

2- Deron/Howard/Dirk/Duncan/Melo

3- CP3/Durant/Roy

4- Bosh/Pierce/Gasol

The Franchise
02-19-2010, 06:03 PM
According to some rocketfan, Clyde would be as good as Kobe if he was around now.

He would because none of the players you named would be as good as they are if they played in that era. I think if half the weak calls this generation of players get were taken away, there effectiveness on the court would be diminished greatly.

DAF86
02-19-2010, 06:12 PM
LMAO @ everyone ranking Dwight Howard so high. guy is an average straight man defender, and is very mediocre offensively. his game revolves around help defense, rebounds, and put-backs. anyone that puts him over guys like Durant, Dirk, Wade, CP3 is nuts. I love D-12, but he has become the most overrated player in the NBA.

He still makes a huge difference on a basketball court, Put D-12 on the Warriors and his mere presence makes that team go from a crappy defensive one to an above average one.

Darthkiller
02-19-2010, 06:16 PM

1. Lebron
2. Kobe, Wade
3. Melo, CP3, Dirk, Howard
4. Durant, Gasol, Deron, Roy, Bosh, Duncan

Agree/disagree.

why is wade above durant. Durant better stats, team better record.

Delonte West
02-19-2010, 06:29 PM
1. Lebron
2. Melo / Durant / Kobe
3. Wade / Howard etc.

Delonte West
02-19-2010, 06:30 PM
1. Lebron

2. Durant / Melo / Kobe
3. Wade / Howard etc.

picc84
02-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Durant better than D-Wade now. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Durant hasn't even played a playoff game, so it's too early to be putting him as high as many of you are..Wade isn't even trying this year, you can tell when watching him, he's already looking to 2010..

I'll try to make mine in order too, a lot of the order is basically a toss-up..

Tier 1: Lebron James
Tier 2: Kobe Bryant
Tier 3: Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony
Tier 4: Bosh, Nowitzki, Durant, Gasol, Duncan, Williams, Roy
Tier 5: Randolph, Johnson, Billups, Rose, Rondo, Boozer, Pierce, Nash, Stoudemire

Probably forgetting somebody..

Smooth Criminal
02-19-2010, 11:02 PM

1. Lebron
2. Kobe, Wade, Durant
3. Melo, Dirk, Howard
4. Gasol, Deron, Roy, Bosh, Duncan, CP3

Agree/disagree.

cobbler
02-19-2010, 11:12 PM
There are only 2 tiers.

Fisher.... and the entire league above him.

namlook
02-20-2010, 02:43 AM

No one has ever debated that Lebron was equal to or better than Jordan. He hasn't won squat. How do you debate a guy with 6 rings and a guy with zero rings?

And now that Lebron has a loaded team if he doesn't win it this year no one will ever debate that he's at Jordan's level.

Metheny
02-20-2010, 08:37 AM
High godly tier of Wizardry- MJ

Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Godly Tier - Kareem
Space
Space
Space
High Tier 1a - Magic , Bird , Wilt the stilt , Hakeem the dream , Oscar , Russell

High tier 1b - Shaq, Duncan
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Then finally

Tier 1- Lebron James

Tier 2- Melo , Wade , Kobe

Rest of Nba

Tier 0- Scalabrine

XFactor
02-20-2010, 09:07 AM
No one has ever debated that Lebron was equal to or better than Jordan. He hasn't won squat. How do you debate a guy with 6 rings and a guy with zero rings?

And now that Lebron has a loaded team if he doesn't win it this year no one will ever debate that he's at Jordan's level.

You may not, but there are plenty of people who use the "at this age Lebron is better" theory.

mavsluva
02-20-2010, 02:31 PM
On some nights, a very low grade player can look like an allstar. And then an allstar can look like a d-league player at times. NBA players and teams are like the stock market; very unpredictable. They have their ups and downs and all you can do is hope that the team/player that you're rooting for is on an upswing at the right moment.

(And FYI - your lucky socks really have nothing to do with the outcome.)

Ghazi
02-20-2010, 06:10 PM
cp3 isnt even the best pg on his team, let alone a tier 1-4 guy.