02-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Thanks.

objective
02-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Richard Jefferson's versatility = no room for Theo

smallball . . . . 4 life

Bruno
02-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Nice, RC is saying that Spurs will play a lot of small ball.
Awesome :elephant

pad300
02-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Free suggestion: Stop lobbing softball questions.

Say quote Mr. Popovich : "If we don't win it, I should probably be fired". Given the team is not considered a major contender, and is approximately $15 million into the luxury tax, is any consideration being given to changes in either the team management or coaching?

lurker23
02-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Richard's versatility = Pop put him at PF, and the world didn't explode.

Might be nice to actually evaluate the (in)effectiveness of that decision on the basketball court, though....

timvp
02-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the interview. I've been waiting to hear RC's thoughts on the trade.

The development of Blair combined with Bonner being placed back into the starting lineup made Ratliff obsolete. With the Bobcats willing to eat the remainder of his deal, the trade had to be done.

objective
02-19-2010, 04:52 PM

they won't

I once asked a question for one of these things that wasn't generic garbage (eg "wow, are you guys busy at the deadline?") . . . and it wasn't one of the questions asked.

After I saw my question miss the cut (which could have had an informative answer), I stopped sending them.

CubanMustGo
02-19-2010, 04:53 PM

Free suggestion: consider that spursdotcom works for the Spurs organization. You want to get after someone to ask tough questions, start elsewhere.

Parker2112
02-19-2010, 04:53 PM

Say quote Mr. Popovich : "If we don't win it, I should probably be fired". Given the team is not considered a major contender, and is approximately $15 million into the luxury tax, is any consideration being given to changes in either the team management or coaching?

I like your style. You have my vote. :toast

spursdotcom
02-19-2010, 04:54 PM

Spurs.com is the official site of the San Antonio Spurs and the interview was with RC not Pop.

:toast

pad300
02-19-2010, 04:54 PM
they won't

I once asked a question for one of these things that wasn't generic garbage (eg "wow, are you guys busy at the deadline?") . . . and it wasn't one of the questions asked.

After I saw my question miss the cut (which could have had an informative answer), I stopped sending them.

Wouldn't you pay money to see that question asked and answered? That's journalism that'll sell some papers...

nkdlunch
02-19-2010, 04:57 PM
everytime I see RC, his face gets sadder and sadder

ohmwrecker
02-19-2010, 04:58 PM
I am glad RC decided to speak up. I was worried that I might have to get a little rough with the guy.

::sets down can of whoop ass::

objective
02-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Wouldn't you pay money to see that question asked and answered? That's journalism that'll sell some papers...

not really, it was question about one of their foreign rights held players. Something that had some info missing for a good while.

I appreciate these little interviews they do when they do, especially after Pop stopped the Pop show (and yes, I know this one was with RC).

I just wouldn't expect any questions that would illuminate anything or inform.

The Pop show was the same way, and that was unfiltered with the public. I was always amazed at the odd questions he had to take from both the public and the hosts especially. The public at large doesn't know what they want to know, so they just kind of spurt things about how busy people are, or how excited they are, etc.

lurker23
02-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Richard's versatility = Pop put him at PF, and the world didn't explode.

Might be nice to actually evaluate the (in)effectiveness of that decision on the basketball court, though....

Hmmm...not a bad idea. Seems easy enough to do. In fact, I'll even circle some of the key differences for you.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2945/59739379.jpg

spursdotcom
02-19-2010, 05:03 PM
not really, it was question about one of their foreign rights held players. Something that had some info missing for a good while.

Considering the number of questions we get for the mailbag it's highly likely that it was missed. We have a limited amount of time to ask the questions and a limited amount of questions to ask.

pad300
02-19-2010, 05:07 PM

I appreciate these little interviews they do when they do, especially after Pop stopped the Pop show (and yes, I know this one was with RC).

I just wouldn't expect any questions that would illuminate anything or inform.

The Pop show was the same way, and that was unfiltered with the public. I was always amazed at the odd questions he had to take from both the public and the hosts especially. The public at large doesn't know what they want to know, so they just kind of spurt things about how busy people are, or how excited they are, etc.

No, not your relatively polite question about foreign players who's rights they hold, I'm talking some fastballs thrown high and inside. A little less, kiss the 4 rings, and more what have you done for me lately... It might be the last interview that journalist ever got, but man, it would be great journalism. Speak truth to power and all that...

Parker2112
02-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Considering the number of questions we get for the mailbag it's highly likely that it was missed. We have a limited amount of time to ask the questions and a limited amount of questions to ask.

Can you please print up my open letter to pop and give it to him? Thanks in advance :toast

objective
02-19-2010, 05:12 PM

I appreciate that, and don't mind of course when a question that could bring info to the table that the local media doesn't bring. Even today's question about the Ratliff deal that brought up RJ's versatility, that's better than any reaction reported locally. Not surprising, but it's something.

And like I said, I'm sure the vast majority of the questions you get are just eyeball rollers. And if you want to serve your audience, then you post their asinine questions.

Ultimately I'm just disappointed that hard information is so hard to come by from the local media that the Spurs mailbags are like 'the last resort'.

objective
02-19-2010, 05:15 PM
No, not your relatively polite question about foreign players who's rights they hold, I'm talking some fastballs thrown high and inside. A little less, kiss the 4 rings, and more what have you done for me lately... It might be the last interview that journalist ever got, but man, it would be great journalism. Speak truth to power and all that...

Though I've had severe criticism for both the front office and Pop (this year especially on Pop), I wouldn't really get anything out of confrontational questions with them.

I can already guess how they'd react to fastballs on the inside. I feel like I know that already.

What I look for is information that I didn't have before.

bigdog
02-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Woo small ball!

Rob123
02-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Someone needs to ask the FO if they've grown tired of winning.

I mean, all the competition has either long and athletic, or huge and immovable front courts.

What do we do? Play with smurfs.

Im trying to keep a smile on my face, but this is so stupid I dont know how long I can consider myself a fan.

I want to see a BASKETBALL team, I dont care if it's bad. I want athleticism, defense, and Length.

Im tired of this glorified little league bull shit, and want to see a basketball team with the proper players at the proper positions, no mater their experience level.

timvp
02-19-2010, 05:34 PM

:lol The day a local media outlet does that is the last day that local media outlet ever gets an interview. And besides, the type of questions you want wouldn't and shouldn't be asked by an entity that is owned by the team itself.

Considering that nobody had heard a word from RC or Pop since the trade, this interview was value. Like always RC was guarded in his answer but it's better to here something than the silence we heard previously.

pad300
02-19-2010, 05:41 PM
:lol The day a local media outlet does that is the last day that local media outlet ever gets an interview. And besides, the type of questions you want wouldn't and shouldn't be asked by an entity that is owned by the team itself.

Considering that nobody had heard a word from RC or Pop since the trade, this interview was value. Like always RC was guarded in his answer but it's better to here something than the silence we heard previously.

See #18 if you please. Seriously, a little push might well do the FO some good.

G-Nob
02-19-2010, 06:08 PM
:lol The day a local media outlet does that is the last day that local media outlet ever gets an interview.

That is the difference between the SA media and the NY media. If the Spurs (i.e. Pop) decided to no longer grant interviews with local media in New York, based on callin-em-out type questions, his azz would be ripped on a daily basis. Their media doesn't demand accountability, the fans do.

(That being said, you do a great job, spursdotcom. Thanks for your contributions.)

NRHector
02-19-2010, 06:13 PM
what a fool "30 more days to jell", thay had 4 months to jell, isn't that enough?

dbestpro
02-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Though I've had severe criticism for both the front office and Pop (this year especially on Pop), I wouldn't really get anything out of confrontational questions with them.

I can already guess how they'd react to fastballs on the inside. I feel like I know that already.

What I look for is information that I didn't have before.

How about something educational. Like I would like to know how is the defensive scheme suppose to work when we go small, and especially when Blair is the lone big on the floor.

ffadicted
02-19-2010, 06:29 PM
In Buford we trust

galvatron3000
02-19-2010, 06:47 PM

Considering what he had to say, I'd rather the crickets kept chirping:wow

spursdotcom
02-19-2010, 07:34 PM
That being said, you do a great job, spursdotcom. Thanks for your contributions.

Thanks and you're welcome. :toast

crc21209
02-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Larry Brown apparently is the only coach who still has a brain...because Pop has lost his. I mean come on Larry Brown has Nazr, Diop, Thomas, Ratliff, and Tyson Chandler. Brown knows it takes shot-blocking and height to win....

SequSpur
02-19-2010, 07:39 PM
The San Antonio Media is a waste of time.

SequSpur
02-19-2010, 07:41 PM
These questions were stupid. I am not going to sit here and pat RC or Pop on the back for this season or the things that they do. They are a one week bad stretch from being in the lottery. Which is bullshit with this much talent.

tp2021
02-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Larry Brown apparently is the only coach who still has a brain...because Pop has lost his. I mean come on Larry Brown has Nazr, Diop, Thomas, Ratliff, and Tyson Chandler. Brown knows it takes shot-blocking and height to win....

:lol

Like he really plans on playing all of them

Obstructed_View
02-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Also on Monday we'll be reopening Pop's Mailbag, this will be the link -
http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/091130_pop_mailbag.html

Got the page bookmarked, and am currently putting my questions into notepad so I can paste them all as soon as it opens.