PDA

View Full Version : [NBA Fanhouse]NBA's Top 30 General Managers

Kobe Molested Me
02-19-2010, 04:59 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/02/19/fanhouses-2010-nba-general-manager-swagger-index/

Heres the top 5

5. Danny Ferry, Cavaliers. Ferry has been maligned for eons. But he managed to pull a quasi-All-Star Shaquille O'Neal for literally nothing, and landed Antawn Jamison for the 30th pick in the draft. Every important player on the team has come from basically nothing (except No. 1 pick LeBron James, of course). Ferry loses points for losing the Anderson Varejao War with agent Dan Fegan.

4. Kevin Pritchard, Blazers. When you get dismissed by Mrs. Hedo Turkoglu, that's a swag attack. Trading away Brandon Roy's best friend (Travis Outlaw) helps halt the bleeding -- don't you step outta line, LaMarcus Aldridge! -- but the days of Pritchslap are over. He's smart and confident enough to rise again, though.

3. Sam Presti, Thunder. Answer me this, does quiet-as-kept Kevin Durant have swagger? Has it crested in the least during his torrid start to 2010? So it is with Presti as the architect of a team that's fiscally responsible without -- no offense to Morey here -- feeling like it's trying cut corners. He is vision walking softly, a downright Biblical conception of what it means to carry yourself like a boss. Yes, I just compared Durant and Morey to Jesus. I watch a lot of basic cable.

2. Mitch Kupchak, Lakers. Kupchak has been surprisingly wild, given his reputation. The Ron Artest-Trevor Ariza decision was shocking, and not something any other title contender would have pulled.

1. Daryl Morey, Rockets. If Morey's supercomputer and team of scientists didn't frighten you after last year's infamous New York Times profile of Shane Battier, then this star-less playoff team he assembled ought to. Tell me you aren't worried the Trevor Ariza Catastrophe isn't just some grand experiment in competitive psychology, the results of which will help Morey and Co. turn Yao Ming into a basketball Conan the Destroyer. Morey has recovered from the unfortunate Marcin Gortat love letter quickly and viciously.

clambake
02-19-2010, 06:41 PM
11. Donnie Nelson, Mavericks. He's a Nelson. That's like being a Kennedy, but mostly only when it comes to the bad parts.

that just damn funny.

Rogue
02-19-2010, 06:53 PM
1. Daryl Morey, Rockets. If Morey's supercomputer and team of scientists didn't frighten you after last year's infamous New York Times profile of Shane Battier, then this star-less playoff team he assembled ought to. Tell me you aren't worried the Trevor Ariza Catastrophe isn't just some grand experiment in competitive psychology, the results of which will help Morey and Co. turn Yao Ming into a basketball Conan the Destroyer. Morey has recovered from the unfortunate Marcin Gortat love letter quickly and viciously.

this survey had been completed by a time before the Landry for Martin swap, that's why Morey stays at his old rank IMHO.

noob cake
02-19-2010, 07:02 PM
FanHouse's 2010 NBA General Manager Swagger Index

BlackSwordsMan
02-19-2010, 07:05 PM
finally a list where spurs are at least top 10
yes!

D2Procon
02-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Why the hell do they have Forman listed at 28, its Paxon's fault they screwed up on the lottery picks...