PDA

View Full Version : Sign if you still believe

MmP
02-19-2010, 09:27 PM
I really don't get what's happening to this team. It's talented and experienced but the outcome it's turning the same. But I still believe in it. Call me crazy but I still do. I believe in Manu's heroics, Tony's speed, TD's greatness and Pop's coaching ability. We just need to get confident in two or three games before the playoffs and I still we have a decent shot of being a surprise again.

Sign: MmP

mexicanjunior
02-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Believe...it's only February...CIA Pop...

Kool Bob Love
02-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Kool Bob Love
:depressed:bang

timvp
02-19-2010, 09:29 PM
It's come to the point where believe threads might need to be locked.

timtonymanu
02-19-2010, 09:29 PM
this Philly game confirmed for me that its over. Watching the TNT doubleheader last night, there's no way in hell the Spurs can compete with those teams. They have much more heart and their coaches use common sense.

Tim looks to be tired. TP is hurt. Manu seems to be getting better but it's not enough. And Pop is a stupid fuck.

It's over.

Spurologist
02-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Get real. David Stern will get his pipe dream final....Lakers vs. Cavs

timtonymanu
02-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Believers at this point are just delusional to the fact that this team sucks.

Duncan2177
02-19-2010, 09:33 PM

:tu

ginobili fan
02-19-2010, 09:34 PM
this Philly game confirmed for me that its over. Watching the TNT doubleheader last night, there's no way in hell the Spurs can compete with those teams. They have much more heart and their coaches use common sense.

Tim looks to be tired. TP is hurt. Manu seems to be getting better but it's not enough. And Pop is a stupid fuck.

It's over.

I dont know man but if Spurs play vs Philly in 7 playoff games Spurs would win.
This is what is all about.
RS = Training camp
Playoffs = Real BB game
Still Febuary tho

MmP
Maybe you're right but I think this board sometimes it's too negative I've read every year a "Fire Pop" thread or "Tank this season". I guess all we can do to not lose our heads trying to understand why Jefferson can't do anything right it's keep your head up, stay postive and hope for some comeback no matter what.

After all it's a great team.

Billy Cobham
:lmao

Budkin
02-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Please lock this bullshit.

benefactor

doobs
Please lock this bullshit.

believe

ShoogarBear
02-19-2010, 09:36 PM

:wow

Don't do that. I still need to believe that somewhere there is still somebody pure of heart, even as I contribute to the carnage.

alchemist
The Spurs leave nothing to be positive about, Tony is hurting, Tim is hurting and slowing down. Ginobili is inconsistent. Our main guys have nothing going for them at the same time. Crash and burn season, bad timing for a lot of stuff.

TJastal

It's over.

+1 This.

mexicanjunior
02-19-2010, 09:37 PM

:tu

MmP
It's either this or jump off the cliff so choose.

Spurologist
believe

:lmao

Chomag
02-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Maybe you're right but I think this board sometimes it's too negative I've read every year a "Fire Pop" thread or "Tank this season". I guess all we can do to not lose our heads trying to understand why Jefferson can't do anything right it's keep your head up, stay postive and hope for some comeback no matter what.

After all it's a great team.

Sorry bo but the team is playing so poorly, negativity does follow. Sadly it is now warranted

Chieflion
CROFL at believe threads.

MmP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6EHymC25RM

Remember this? I recall that no one believe shit after that day.

spurs1990
Maybe the OP has a point as hard as it is to fathom after tonight's game.

Why can't the Spurs that showed up in Denver the other night or the one that handled the Lakers at home earlier this season not have similar success in late April and May

It's perfectly plausible to expect that the team can congeal once they have a steady schedule, with rest btw cames as the playoffs are setup.

The alternative is to muddle in bottomless despair.

It's an easy choice.....

Obstructed_View
02-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Here's your sign:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1085/1239924483_5b8298f5e4.jpg

xellos88330
02-19-2010, 09:39 PM
I don't believe. I KNOW!

TimDunkem
02-19-2010, 09:40 PM
I dont know man but if Spurs play vs Philly in 7 playoff games Spurs would win.
This is what is all about.
RS = Training camp
Playoffs = Real BB game
Still Febuary tho
Are you retarded?

The Spurs didn't go "all in" this season just to play a lottery bound team in the eastern conference in the playoffs. (Which is impossible...)

ShoogarBear
02-19-2010, 09:40 PM

Pop did. That's the big difference between now and then.

Chomag
02-19-2010, 09:41 PM
this team is just to soft to believe in...

boutons_deux
02-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Spurs don't believe in themselves, why should anybody else?

outmap
02-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Signed.

They just don't have the heart anymore, playing just for the sake of playing and not winning. They have to want it to get it, talent is there, but their mind isn't.

Still have time, but not long though.

MmP
02-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Signed.

They just don't have the heart anymore, playing just for the sake of playing and not winning. They have to want it to get it, talent is there, but their mind isn't.

Still have time, but not long though.

First real post of the thread. :toast

timtonymanu
02-19-2010, 09:46 PM

thats when the Lakers had no Pau. The Celtics had no KG or Allen. The Magic sucked that year. So did Atlanta. Cleveland was a pretender that year. The Big 3 were healthy. Oberto, Bowen > Bonner, Bogans. Pop still was sane.

Stop living in the past. The league is totally different today.

spurtech09
02-19-2010, 09:48 PM
pops coaching has gone bad...thats what I believe:(

02-19-2010, 09:49 PM
2007 was when all 3 of the big 3 were healthy and in their primes. now, three years later, it's over.

ShoogarBear
02-19-2010, 09:49 PM
thats when the Lakers had no Pau. The Celtics had no KG or Allen. The Magic sucked that year. So did Atlanta. Cleveland was a pretender that year.

And the Mavs had Baron Davis. :smokin

superjames1992
02-19-2010, 09:50 PM
I believe ... this team will make the playoffs.

I think this team could make it to the second round.

I don't have much faith in the Spurs making it to the Western Conference Finals, though.

At this point, I'd say the Spurs make the playoff and lose in the first round in a similar fashion as last season.

However, the season is far from over and there's still time to right the ship.

Chomag
02-19-2010, 09:51 PM

"Sigh" Still some people living in the past and trying to use it for the present. You do realize that the big 3 were all young and in their primes back then right?

MmP
02-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Im just just trying to compare the situations in terms of people ranting at the same level, calling this team soft and hopeless. We didn't have a chance back then according to them.
Just trying to prove how a bad moment can turn into a good one.
Im not talking about player levels or anything.

mexicanjunior
02-19-2010, 09:55 PM
The alternative is to muddle in bottomless despair.

It's an easy choice.....

The lottery is the light at the end of the tunnel...not a first round embarrassment.

Spurologist
02-19-2010, 09:57 PM

I want that spurs team back. I never doubted that team but you gotta stay realistic. This team as it stands doesn't have a chance against taller, athletic teams.

timtonymanu
02-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Im just just trying to compare the situations in terms of people ranting at the same level, calling this team soft and hopeless. We didn't have a chance back then according to them.

but that's what it is. The big 3 were healthy in 07. We still had Bowen, Horry, and Barry. The rest of the league was trash. We were only behind Dallas and Phoenix that year in terms of winning it all.

Right now we're right behind Cleveland, LA, Boston, Orlando, Atlanta, Denver, Utah (yes the fucking Jazz), and Dallas.

Do you actually believe we're gonna pick it up and play better than all these teams? You're asking for the impossible to happen.

Chomag
02-19-2010, 10:00 PM

It is what it is Bro... sorry to say :(

easy7
02-19-2010, 10:01 PM
I believe that we are going nowhere. The team is slowly dying because it has a 14 Million dollar Dick stuck in its heart. A Pop stuck up his ass and a Bogus who can't defend shit.

MmP
02-19-2010, 10:09 PM
but that's what it is. The big 3 were healthy in 07. We still had Bowen, Horry, and Barry. The rest of the league was trash. We were only behind Dallas and Phoenix that year in terms of winning it all.

Right now we're right behind Cleveland, LA, Boston, Orlando, Atlanta, Denver, Utah (yes the fucking Jazz), and Dallas.

Do you actually believe we're gonna pick it up and play better than all these teams? You're asking for the impossible to happen.
You have a good point. Cleveland, Boston Orlando Denver an LA are great teams today as they didn't even existed in 07. But our team today it's more talented than that 07 Spurs team as well. We improved at talent and bench deepness. The only problem is that key players are not delivering. But I think that if we have a good last run maybe this team can have a miracle turn to have a good PO. I know that with every loss that situation seems rare but I think that's still possible.

Remember in 07

Blair>Oberto
RJ>Barry
Hill>Vaughn
Finley>Mason?

I'd love to have Oberto back, rant all you want but he was a great big man and I think he could be very useful in this situation. But that's a different story.

8FOR!3
02-19-2010, 10:11 PM
The sad thing is, I'm watching guys like Keith Bogans tonight and I don't even enjoy it, regardless of how he's playing. Bogans sucks and it's hard to cheer for the team when he's playing. I'm a fan and I will, but it's not easy sometimes. Not fun like it should be.

timtonymanu
02-19-2010, 10:15 PM
You have a good point. Cleveland, Boston Orlando Denver an LA are great teams today as they didn't even existed in 07. But our team today it's more talented than that 07 Spurs team as well. We improved at talent and bench deepness. The only problem is that key players are not delivering. But I think that if we have a good last run maybe this team can have a miracle turn to have a good PO. I know that with every loss that situation seems rare but I think that's still possible.

Remember in 07

Blair>Oberto
RJ>Barry
Hill>Vaughn
Finley>Mason?

I'd love to have Oberto back, rant all you want but he was a great big man and I think he could be very useful in this situation. But that's a different story.

ok well thats your opinion and im fine with that. personally for me it's the deterioration of the big 3 thats costing us. Timmy was still a superstar in 07. Tony was slowly becoming the go to guy. Manu was still 100%. yes we do have much more depth this year, but w/o a healthy big 3 there is no hope. The only one that seems to be playing at a playoff level right now is Manu.

I do wish Fab was back too, but only if he came back 3 years younger. Haha. Heck even Horry and Bowen and Brent. Thats the problem with the bench too this year. I cant look down the bench and find the difference maker other than Manu and Blair. Dice is too old. Mason is inconsistent and Pop wont play him. With the 07 squad there was that one player who would make a play and help us win. With this squad everyone is afraid to step up as evident tonight and other nights as well.

Obstructed_View
02-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Some of you guys need to go back to the preseason when people were questioning why Pop seemed so attached to Bogans despite his lack of production of any positive sort. Fast forward to tonight and tell me you still believe this team can turn around.

Duncan2177
02-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Yea i believe :jack

OldSilentHill
02-19-2010, 11:54 PM
They´ll get to the playoffs and the beast will raise.

Don´t panic!

Bender
02-19-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm not signing anything... they suck!

TJastal
02-20-2010, 12:01 AM
They´ll get to the playoffs and the beast will raise.

Don´t panic!

?

TDomination
02-20-2010, 12:45 AM
This team can beat any team. They can also lose to any team.

Obvious statement, but at least I can go into each game knowing that the Spurs are capable of winning.

I'm getting frustrated but im frustrated because I love them so much and it hurts to see them struggle when I know that this same team is capable of so much better.

all_heart
02-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Most of our losses are the same, losing leads, turning over the ball, and stale offense as the game gets tight.. IT'S ON POP!!!!!!!! He coaches like a bitter old man, who doesn't give a shit anymore.

Zzakk's Garage
02-20-2010, 02:03 AM
I keep seeing flashes of brilliance--even whole quarters when the Spurs look like the best team there is.
Some of the problems aren't all that bad.
When Bonner and Mason get their 3-pt groove back, RJ can suck all he wants.
It only takes one of them a night to swing a game into the WIN column.
Blair and Hill are amazing most of the time, which is great for our future as well as right now.
McDyess is waking up.
The big 3 are crafty vets who will deliver when we need them.
Pop is smarter than we are. He'll get it together.

I just got back from the rodeo, and spent several hours staring at the championship banners hanging from the roof of the ATT Center.
They inspired me.
I still believe

LOL@MavsFan
02-20-2010, 02:04 AM
I will ALWAYS believe

Juanobili
02-20-2010, 02:22 AM
I wish I could sign.... but this is the end.

This is what it looks like. I never really thought about how the end would come. I just knew that Tim would retire in a few years and hopefully we'd be winning our final two or so championships. Hopefully being the keyword. But instead we are seeing the San Antonio Spurs on its last few miles before changing the tires.

Lets just hope it doesn't take too long before the right tires are found.

I know I'll still be a fan. That's what its all about. Prepare to see the Spurs fanbase dwindle down in the coming years but that's alright. The true fans will shine and we'll still be here supporting them til the very end.

Tp9gospursgo
02-20-2010, 02:31 AM
I still believe..:flag:

Tp9gospursgo
02-20-2010, 02:33 AM
I keep seeing flashes of brilliance--even whole quarters when the Spurs look like the best team there is.
Some of the problems aren't all that bad.
When Bonner and Mason get their 3-pt groove back, RJ can suck all he wants.
It only takes one of them a night to swing a game into the WIN column.
Blair and Hill are amazing most of the time, which is great for our future as well as right now.
McDyess is waking up.
The big 3 are crafty vets who will deliver when we need them.
Pop is smarter than we are. He'll get it together.

I just got back from the rodeo, and spent several hours staring at the championship banners hanging from the roof of the ATT Center.
They inspired me.
I still believe

I got back from the rodeo as well...and for a brief moment thought those would be our last banners for a while...only a brief moment later I realized we still have our big three AND one of the greatest coaches to ever live.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-20-2010, 02:38 AM
Hell fucking no. This team is going nowhere. OPEN YOUR EYES.

Time to rebuild.

all_heart
02-20-2010, 02:38 AM
I wish I could sign.... but this is the end.

This is what it looks like. I never really thought about how the end would come. I just knew that Tim would retire in a few years and hopefully we'd be winning our final two or so championships. Hopefully being the keyword. But instead we are seeing the San Antonio Spurs on its last few miles before changing the tires.

Lets just hope it doesn't take too long before the right tires are found.

I know I'll still be a fan. That's what its all about. Prepare to see the Spurs fanbase dwindle down in the coming years but that's alright. The true fans will shine and we'll still be here supporting them til the very end.

After yet another disappointing loss, I feel the same. Sometimes I think they can get it together, but it seems they've lost their edge. I'll always support them as well.

fusionjazzman72
02-20-2010, 03:05 AM

Thank You

fusionjazzman72
02-20-2010, 03:09 AM
After yet another disappointing loss, I feel the same. Sometimes I think they can get it together, but it seems they've lost their edge. I'll always support them as well.

I do too, but look at the FO and coaching and the no trade to get better. They must be tanking. This sux, but Pop has really lost it. Remember back in the day when we had Brad Lohaus? What was that all about or when they went and resigned "Greg Cadillac" Anderson in the mid to late 90's. It's looking like those days are here again.

tp2021
02-20-2010, 03:12 AM

It's over.

But now, being the first game after the failed trade deadline, a loss tonight would be the exclamation point to drive it home

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145609&page=6
Post 151

honestfool84
02-20-2010, 03:19 AM

:lol

tp2021
02-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Any believe threads at this point are just spam.

honestfool84
02-20-2010, 03:20 AM

or just make a 500 or 1000 post limit to starting a new thread. :lol or even 3000.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-20-2010, 03:23 AM
Any believe threads at this point are just spam.

I see what you did there. Very clever. ;) :lol

tp2021
02-20-2010, 03:38 AM
:hat

venitian navigator
02-20-2010, 03:45 AM
I believe the F.O. is serioulsly considering to clean it all after this fail...
And deservedly so.
The main point is that our best player is tired as hell...Tony Parker must realize he has not the body to sustain 82 regular season games, the play offs games and every night with Eva Longoria and then don't rest in summer.
You have to give up on something...

tp2021
02-20-2010, 03:49 AM
I believe the F.O. is serioulsly considering to clean it all after this fail...
And deservedly so.
The main point is that our best player is tired as hell...Tony Parker must realize he has not the body to sustain 82 regular season games, the play offs games and every night with Eva Longoria and then don't rest in summer.
You have to give up on something...

I think I'd give up playing for Team USA long before I gave up banging my wife Eva Longoria every night.

apalisoc_9
02-20-2010, 03:57 AM
I still believe!! Got nothing to lose if i do.

tp2021
02-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Except all your hope :lol

mingus
02-20-2010, 04:07 AM
i don't believe in this team. not because they're not talented enough. it's that they don't have the character and personality that is needed to win a championship. a bunch of really talented guys out there that break and fall apart when the going gets tough in a game. they simply collapse and go into a fetal position. Bruce used to be the guy that lit a fire under everyone's ass, and they sorely miss him, or a guy like him. Manu, Tim, and TP have have either neglected that role or can't play it. no one on this team is a floor leader. they'll continue to fall short of expectations.

honestly, i say sign Bruce Bowen. he was still great last year defensively. he completely shut down Terry and he did the same to Mellow earlier on in the season. he's our only hope, and e won't have the wear and tear of an 82 season either.

mingus
02-20-2010, 04:10 AM
TP
Manu
Bruce
Duncan
McDyess

i believe in this team.

apalisoc_9
02-20-2010, 04:14 AM
Except all your hope :lol

NO !!! I don't enjoy watching games when i don't believe in my team. I agree that we've been sucking. we prolly get knocked out in the first round..but i still believe.

spurs10
02-20-2010, 04:52 AM
I, unfortunately, believe we will lose in Detroit with this starting lineup. Also Philly made mention of how our small ball really worked to their advantage. Good for them, I guess. What the hell is it that I'm missing here. Surely we aren't trying to tank this early in the season, it sure looks that way.....I'm a huge lifelong fan, but between the poor rotations and the 4th quarter small ball `let's give the game away' attitude, we are running out of time.

ulosturedge
02-20-2010, 05:06 AM
lol

BillMc
02-20-2010, 08:14 AM
It's either this or jump off the cliff so choose.

Exactly how high is that cliff?