PDA

View Full Version : While ths spurs have 0 blocks today Theo and thomas combine for 8 agasint CAVS

SinBAD
02-19-2010, 09:54 PM
RC bufrod was the best last decade.pop was the best last decade.Now they both suck.its obvious for us fans we need blockers.what would be the right thing to do?get shot blockers.What do the spurs do??
they trade a shot blocker for a future pick and dont pursue thomas.If they wanted thomas they couldve gotten him but they just gave up.its obvious.no heart.
theo had 2 blocks.
Thomas had 12 rebounds 6 BS!!
thats 8 BS that we could have used.
How about the spurs with 0 blocks today!

Stop these believe threads.Even pop game up.no reason to believe.

Duncan2177
02-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Pop game up? okay:lol

Mr Bones
02-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Interior defense doesn't win championships! Bill Russell, Willis Reed, Hakeem, Robinson, and Duncan were aberrations...

TimDunkem
02-19-2010, 10:07 PM
RC Bufrod. :lol

Chomag
02-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Interior defense doesn't win championships! Bill Russell, Willis Reed, Hakeem, Robinson, and Duncan were aberrations...

All Over rated!!!!! J/K :lol

I wonder what Pop thinks about that though.

TJastal
02-19-2010, 10:11 PM
But blocking shots doesn't take bball IQ, and as we know BBall IQ > blocking shots.

Stringer_Bell
02-19-2010, 10:27 PM
But blocking shots doesn't take bball IQ, and as we know BBall IQ > blocking shots.

Coincidentally, blocking shots does take all the things that the Spurs lack in general...athleticism and hustle. :(

easy7
02-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Theo is in a better place, God bless his soul, amen.

Johnny RIngo
02-19-2010, 10:29 PM
The FO has been on a downward spiral from 2007 onwards.

TJastal
02-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Coincidentally, blocking shots does take all the things that the Spurs lack in general...athleticism and hustle. :(

Yah, I was being mildly sarcastic with that last comment.

Chomag
02-19-2010, 10:31 PM

If only with the Spur's superior IQ they could use telepathy to defend the Paint. :lol

Obstructed_View
02-19-2010, 10:32 PM

Both of which can be made up with size. Unfortunately the only one left on the team with size also has athleticism and hustle.

Obstructed_View
02-19-2010, 10:32 PM

Corporate Knowledge > ALL

SouthTexasRancher
02-19-2010, 10:38 PM

You got that right! Pop & RC have become senile and both are constantly drooling on their bibs. Both are :downspin:

AussieFanKurt
02-19-2010, 10:41 PM
who cares about tyrus

ace3g
02-19-2010, 11:09 PM
and John Salmons had the game winning 3 pointer for the Bucks leading the team with 19 pts

tothrowed
02-19-2010, 11:23 PM
theo was ballin like fucc tonight did u see him that nigga blocked that dude the cavs traded for

703 Spurz
02-19-2010, 11:29 PM
RC Bufrod. :lol

Next on Foreskin Cinema.......

:downspin::downspin::downspin::downspin:

Allanon
02-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Ratliff actually played decently today.

Tyrus Thomas was blocking everything and was aggressive on offense. He did have 2 dumb plays.

ElNono
02-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Larry Brown teams normally play great defense.

Chief
02-20-2010, 01:00 AM
Big Fan of Theo, but trust me, I don't think he can do much versus Gasol or Bynum, Bynum too big for him and Gasol too quick, so might as well dump him and save a bit of money. Altho I do feel he should've been allowed to start a few games at center along with Tim just to see how it went.

slick'81
02-20-2010, 03:24 AM
shit brown didnt wait long to get theo involved

007nites
02-20-2010, 03:26 AM
Gerald Wallace
Tyrus Thomas
Theo Ratliff
Nazr Mohammed
DeSanga Diop
Tyson Chandler

Are you kidding me? All of these players have averaged 2 blocks or really close to 2 blocks at least once in their career.

slick'81
02-20-2010, 03:26 AM
its like the compete opposite of the spurs lol

DAF86
02-20-2010, 03:28 AM
Spread the wealth around!

UnWantedTheory
02-20-2010, 03:36 AM
Those bigs can contend.

TJastal
02-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Big Fan of Theo, but trust me, I don't think he can do much versus Gasol or Bynum, Bynum too big for him and Gasol too quick, so might as well dump him and save a bit of money. Altho I do feel he should've been allowed to start a few games at center along with Tim just to see how it went.

Theo guarded Shaq pretty well last night, even blocked one of Shaq's point blank shots.

What makes you think he couldn't do the same vs Bynum? And Gasol being "too quick" for Theo is laughable.

DAF86
02-20-2010, 03:39 AM
We can still hope for the threes to go in, we're one of the best teams at getting wide open looks on threes so we have that going for us.

:flag: Creer

Brazil
03-03-2010, 08:29 PM
sorry for the bump

I'm watching Boston Charlotte and Theo seems to be healthy, he is playing good minutes with hustle energy in few minutes he scored 6 pts 2/3 3 rebounds and 1 blk. just sad.

silverblk mystix
03-03-2010, 08:39 PM
i watched yesterday also when the bobcats played allas...theo was playing great against haywood...i was just shaking my head in disbelief...i can't figure out pop---but i guess no-one can figure out pop...

TJastal
03-03-2010, 08:39 PM
sorry for the bump

I'm watching Boston Charlotte and Theo seems to be healthy, he is playing good minutes with hustle energy in few minutes he scored 6 pts 2/3 3 rebounds and 1 blk. just sad.

No need for an apology. Theo is proving he still has plenty of game left and this whole "he must rest until the playoffs!!" mantra we've listened to all year long from the bozo crew is now proving to be pure 100% bullshit.

Brazil
03-03-2010, 08:42 PM
i watched yesterday also when the bobcats played allas...theo was playing great against haywood...i was just shaking my head in disbelief...i can't figure out pop---but i guess no-one can figure out pop...

the worst is not to have let him go but to not give him healthy minutes when he was a spurs

silverblk mystix
03-03-2010, 09:15 PM
other thoughts;

i could maybe understand...if letting theo go---meant minutes for mahinmi...but instead they apparently are going to bonner!...fuck...

at least i hope they go to dice/blair....

another disturbing thing...if the spurs should say...we won't put a big next to tim...we are going small and outscoring everbody---just have fun and be the early 2000's suns---then i could understand---but then we have 8 minute scoring droughts playing bogans---and on top of that preach DEFENSE---of all things while other teams have layup drills...while RJ guards Aldridge and Stat....

...i know....been said over and over in a gazillion other threads...but ....ah fuck it...

ducks
03-03-2010, 09:15 PM
if spurs played the cavs they could have stuffed james 8 times

anonoftheinternets
03-03-2010, 09:24 PM
i am not following this thread, do u think the bobcats can contend next year with their team?

jjktkk
03-03-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm curious, how many NBA teams has Ratliff been on? And why do teams keep getting rid of Ratliff?

ElNono
03-03-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm curious, how many NBA teams has Ratliff been on? And why do teams keep getting rid of Ratliff?

8 teams (DET, PHI, ATL, POR, BOS, MIN, CHA, SAS) in 15 seasons. Although he only played 2 games for BOS and 10 for MIN.

Why he has moved so much? Injury prone. Ankle, wrist, back injuries. He had them all throughout his career. As far as skills, he's an exceptional shot blocker, but not much more. His best season was 2000-2001 where he averaged 12 points and 8 rebounds. His career averages (regular season) is 7.3 points and 5.8 rebounds.

spurspokesman
03-03-2010, 10:10 PM
:toast. Props to all who admit this.

jjktkk
03-03-2010, 10:16 PM
8 teams (DET, PHI, ATL, POR, BOS, MIN, CHA, SAS) in 15 seasons. Although he only played 2 games for BOS and 10 for MIN.

Why he has moved so much? Injury prone. Ankle, wrist, back injuries. He had them all throughout his career. As far as skills, he's an exceptional shot blocker, but not much more. His best season was 2000-2001 where he averaged 12 points and 8 rebounds. His career averages (regular season) is 7.3 points and 5.8 rebounds.

8 Teams, wow. I knew there were a few, but not 8. Yet only the Spurs FO is stupid for getting rid of Ratliff. The other FO's get a pass for letting Ratliff go right?

ElNono
03-03-2010, 10:33 PM
8 Teams, wow. I knew there were a few, but not 8. Yet only the Spurs FO is stupid for getting rid of Ratliff. The other FO's get a pass for letting Ratliff go right?

Well, Theo always been a one trick pony. But the trick he pulled was a big need for us (still is). He never played next to somebody of the caliber of Duncan, who could do what he's not that good at (rebounding, scoring).
Some people here though he was being saved (because of his injury history) for certain matchups (we can always use size against big frontlines), but obviously the constant lack of play, and eventual trade dispelled the myth.

At the beginning of the season, I personally hoped that we would run him for whatever he could give us, in order to be able to rest some of our vets, especially giving him some of the minutes that ended up being for small ball. But Pop obviously had different ideas.

Ultimately, at almost 37 years old, he was never expected to be more than a role player.

silverblk mystix
03-03-2010, 10:44 PM
but...theo was only needed to help a little...the spurs did not need him to be a major force...just someone to provide spot duty and ease some pressure off of tim and give an inside defensive presence...for just a few minutes a game...

who gives a shit how many teams he has been on or what his scoring avg was?

he was needed for 8 to 12 minutes per game----especially in the playoffs against LONG teams...

and the spurs had him for cheap!

tp2021
03-03-2010, 10:56 PM
and the spurs had him for cheap!

Apparently not cheap enough

Libri
03-04-2010, 01:08 AM

I took a look at his stats. He wasn't much of a scorer but it looks like he was made to block shots. He averaged 3.5 blocks in 97-98, 3.7 in 00-01 and 4.4 in 03-04. In other seasons he averaged close to three or more than 3 blocks per game. That's pretty impressive.

ElNono
03-04-2010, 01:21 AM
I took a look at his stats. He wasn't much of a scorer but it looks like he was made to block shots. He averaged 3.5 blocks in 97-98, 3.7 in 00-01 and 4.4 in 03-04. In other seasons he averaged close to three or more than 3 blocks per game. That's pretty impressive.

When I said exceptional, I meant it. He's currently ranked #18 All time. He's right up there with the best shot blockers in the game.

jjktkk
03-04-2010, 01:59 AM
When I said exceptional, I meant it. He's currently ranked #18 All time. He's right up there with the best shot blockers in the game.

Yes he is, and I actually like Ratliff as an end of the bench big. But, like you said, he is a 1 trick pony. Not really starting material this far into his career . He definitely helps a team, but it seems like quite a few ST folks over-hype Ratliff IMO.

Nathan Explosion
03-04-2010, 02:55 AM
I like how the OP says that the front office didn't try to make a trade for anyone. You see, to make a trade, you'd have to have a partner who's willing to take what you're offering. If that partner doesn't want it, you can't trade.

Just because a trade doesn't go down doesn't mean nothing was tried.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 02:58 AM
Thoeo will be this year MVP

jjktkk
03-04-2010, 03:02 AM
I like how the OP says that the front office didn't try to make a trade for anyone. You see, to make a trade, you'd have to have a partner who's willing to take what you're offering. If that partner doesn't want it, you can't trade.

Just because a trade doesn't go down doesn't mean nothing was tried.

Exactly. I think OP was/is a frustrated because the Spurs did not make a trade. I was too, but thats history now. IMO I think most of the teams the Spurs were talking too, wanted too much, like Hill, Blair, and a 1st round pick, so I'm glad the Spurs didn't pull the trade trigger.

SenorSpur
03-04-2010, 03:34 AM
I guess trading Ratliff to Charlotte was equivalent to waving the white flag. Pop has to know his team can't compete with the likes of the Fakers, Nuggets and Mavs - that is if they make the playoffs at all.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:12 AM
I doubt the trade was driven by Pop.

Johnny RIngo
03-04-2010, 04:17 AM
I guess trading Ratliff to Charlotte was equivalent to waving the white flag. Pop has to know his team can't compete with the likes of the Fakers, Nuggets and Mavs - that is if they make the playoffs at all.

The fact that the Spurs made no moves to improve the team, before the trade deadline, tells us that they've given up on the season. I just want to enjoy the remaining games but, unfortunately, seeing D-League calibre players like Bogans on the court makes it hard to watch with enthusiasm.

objective
03-04-2010, 04:19 AM

they'll make the playoffs, no problem. None of the teams 9-11 are in any shape to overtake the Spurs, even if SA has a terrible run to finish the year and go like 10-14.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:20 AM
The fact that they made no moves to improve the team, before the trade deadline, tells us that they've given up for the season.
I'm sure they asked around, but their wants/needs were probably more specific than other trading partners could accommodate -- i.e., expiring contracts for other expiring contracts.

Johnny RIngo
03-04-2010, 04:27 AM
I'm sure they asked around, but their wants/needs were probably more specific than other trading partners could accommodate -- i.e., expiring contracts for other expiring contracts.

I have no idea what SA offered but it wouldn't have hurt to have thrown in the rights to Splitter(I'm not sold on him and he might not ever come over) or our first rounder.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:37 AM
I have no idea what SA offered but it wouldn't have hurt to have thrown in the rights to Splitter(I'm not sold on him and he might not ever come over) or our first rounder.Who's to say they didn't? Like I said, it's fairly clear the Spurs didn't want to take on any additional salaries past this season. Splitter could be one of the players they do want to spend on next season -- who knows?

jiggy_55
03-04-2010, 04:44 AM
Who's to say they didn't? Like I said, it's fairly clear the Spurs didn't want to take on any additional salaries past this season. Splitter could be one of the players they do want to spend on next season -- who knows?

I agree. Splitter may have even told them privately that he plans on joining next season. Before knowing any details, it is quite hard to judge. He is a young athletic big who could become a very good big man and seriously help this team with slight improvements to his game.

G-Dawgg
03-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Those bigs can contend.

I'd take any of them on my team over Bonner, and Mahinmi any day.

Pentagruel
03-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Charlotte's defense has looked pretty horrendous since those trades though... despite all those lovely blocked shots. I doubt they make the playoffs at this rate.

ElNono
03-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Charlotte's defense has looked pretty horrendous since those trades though... despite all those lovely blocked shots. I doubt they make the playoffs at this rate.

Looking good against the Lakers tonight... Lakers have 51 points with 5 mins to go in the 3rd.

BTW, Ratliff just blocked both Gasol and Bynum on the same play a minute ago...

bigdog
03-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Looking good against the Lakers tonight... Lakers have 51 points with 5 mins to go in the 3rd.

BTW, Ratliff just blocked both Gasol and Bynum on the same play a minute ago...

Wtf. I'm going to throw up, but I'm damn glad Ratliff is showing everyone he can still play. Too bad RC didn't wanna pay an extra contract and Pop plays small ball.

ElNono
03-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Wtf. I'm going to throw up, but I'm damn glad Ratliff is showing everyone he can still play. Too bad RC didn't wanna pay an extra contract and Pop plays small ball.

He has zero points and only 3 boards in 16 mins... but the one trick he does, he does extremely well...

Duncan2177
03-05-2010, 11:30 PM
He has zero points and only 3 boards in 16 mins... but the one trick he does, he does extremely well...

Dumb move by the spurs he would help against the the tall lengthy teams especially in the playoffs.

TJastal
03-06-2010, 08:11 AM

Bobcats have given up 93.7 ppg since the trade and they have given up 94.3
on the year, which is good for 2nd place (celtics #1).

I think they're quietly putting together a hell of a defense that will only get better considering their starting center has been out of the lineup for like 3 weeks and once the new guys (Thomas and Ratliff) are learning the ropes, plus Chandler was just activated and has barely played with the team at all.

I'm not sure what games your watching Pentagruel, perhaps you we're watching the knicks (same colors) and mistook them for the bobcats?

:lol

TJastal
03-06-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm watching this laker/bobcat game and in the 1st quarter alone Thomas' mere presence has bothered Odom into missing two layups already.