PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV

CharlieMac
02-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Time Warner has fucked me for the last time.

So, that being said, is it better to order Direct TC directly through their site, or is it better to order through one of teh local satellite companies? If so, who you recommend?

IronMexican
02-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Look up craigslist for a blackbox.

robino2001
02-19-2010, 10:34 PM
I can't specifically answer your question, but it's worth checking out Best Buy or something of the sort also because they can often have fantastic specials that are not offered via DirecTV or someone else. When I signed up, I went through DirecTV themselves... they had the better deal/cheaper startup at the time.

Just a thought in case you were unaware of that option.

CharlieMac
02-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Oh that's good to know, I completely forgot you could order that through Best Buy.

SequSpur
02-20-2010, 12:47 AM
local...call hot shot satellite and tell them I sent you...send me a pm and I will help you.

leemajors
02-20-2010, 12:50 AM
u-verse

spursncowboys
02-20-2010, 09:32 AM
http://www.pissedconsumer.com/?option=com_search&Itemid=38&searchword=direct+tv&go=

I have direct tv.

PM5K
02-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Time Warner hasn't fucked me for the last time.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-20-2010, 11:30 AM
:toast here's to you watching tv when it doesn't rain :lol

TheManFromAcme
02-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Not sure what your issue with Dish TV is but I had their service about 5 years ago and they were terrible. I had previously had Time Warner and thought I'd give them a shot. Well, Dish stunk it up. Reception was terrible and constantly had to move the dish to acquire decent reception. What I never liked about Dish was when I would have legitamate reception issues, as in no reception for 2-3 days at a time, they would never credit my account. Never. Danm Schiesters! With Time Warner anytime I have reception issues and don't get service (along with DSL) I have no problem getting my account credited. They take my word for it and honor it. Mind you, I am locked into a hefty price to include all premium services including road runner but all in all I like them.
Just my 2 cents.

z0sa
02-20-2010, 12:44 PM
I have free cable but I don't know what box/descrambler I need to actually use it to the fullest advantage. Who knows how much shit I got that's going unwatched ..

Man Sauce
02-20-2010, 02:10 PM
I have dish network and I am very happy with it. I pay 155 for phone, dsl and tv. Thats hd and pro dsl.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-20-2010, 04:21 PM
:toast here's to you watching tv when it doesn't rain :lol

That is such a cable tv crock of shit dude.:lmao

Vinnie_Johnson
02-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Not sure what your issue with Dish TV is but I had their service about 5 years ago and they were terrible. I had previously had Time Warner and thought I'd give them a shot. Well, Dish stunk it up. Reception was terrible and constantly had to move the dish to acquire decent reception. What I never liked about Dish was when I would have legitamate reception issues, as in no reception for 2-3 days at a time, they would never credit my account. Never. Danm Schiesters! With Time Warner anytime I have reception issues and don't get service (along with DSL) I have no problem getting my account credited. They take my word for it and honor it. Mind you, I am locked into a hefty price to include all premium services including road runner but all in all I like them.
Just my 2 cents.

I had DVT 10 years switched to Dish the service sucked back with DTV for good.

CharlieMac
02-20-2010, 10:18 PM
u-verse

Oh I wish, but they don't offer it here yet.

I had Dish Network years ago. It was okay. Nothing amazing.

Direct TV seems to be really good from reviews I'm reading.

EricB
02-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Go through DirecTV directly.

If a friend has it, get their account number and you and that friend both get 100 bucks credit to your account.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-21-2010, 01:35 AM

I had directv when it first came out and it did that. I guess they've corrected that.
...........and "cable tv crock"? Do you belong to some pro satellite club or something. I just like getting one bill for cable and Internet. So shoot me cuz I want to save some trees and ultimately the earth.........

Vinnie_Johnson
02-21-2010, 02:17 AM
I had directv when it first came out and it did that. I guess they've corrected that.
...........and "cable tv crock"? Do you belong to some pro satellite club or something. I just like getting one bill for cable and Internet. So shoot me cuz I want to save some trees and ultimately the earth.........

All kidding aside when got it years ago it did freeze when it rained hard. That has not been an issue for years though. I hate cable Cox is the worst.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-21-2010, 02:43 AM
All kidding aside when got it years ago it did freeze when it rained hard. a ha!

I hate cable Cox is the worst.are they giving you the shaft?

Vinnie_Johnson
02-21-2010, 11:10 AM
a ha!

are they giving you the shaft?

:lmao nice

Sisk
02-21-2010, 07:18 PM

this

RGMCSE
02-21-2010, 08:36 PM
I have to give +1 for Direct TV. I've been a customer for 10 years. One year in between I had to have Time Warner because I lived in an apartment. That time stuck with Time Warner reminded me of those thugs at Paragon cable. When I bought my house the first thing I did was get DTV reconnected. It has the most HD channels and It has the NFL ticket, which I have to have. By the way the misconception about the signal going out in rain was a problem back in the day. Not really an issue any more. But if it's really torrential outside I've seen Time Warner lose connection as well. So it's a weak argument to bring up.

Rob

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-21-2010, 09:11 PM
What do you guys suggest as far as high speed internet goes? Is Roadrunner the best option?

CharlieMac
02-21-2010, 11:55 PM
What do you guys suggest as far as high speed internet goes? Is Roadrunner the best option?

Everything I have is wireless myself, so this light speed junk doesn't do much much good. I was pricing Grande. Their cable is the suck but since I have my own wireless modem, it seems cheaper to just go through them and get the basic 10 dollar phone line too.

CharlieMac
02-21-2010, 11:57 PM
And I emailed Time Warner's escalation department. I gave them a chance to make shit right and offer some type of compensation aside from the obvious credit their going to apply for my bill for the week they disconnected my service without authorization.

No response.

robino2001
02-22-2010, 08:55 AM

My personal experience... I've had Roadrunner in 2 different locations and it would disconnect almost on a daily basis and TW customer support was always horrible for me. Always an hour wait time just to get to anyone.

I also had AT&T dsl in both locations and would typically have a solid, constant connection with very few issues. When I did need to call customer service, it wasn't that bad.

I currently have Uverse, but if I didn't, I would go back to DSL long before I'd touch roadrunner. But there are just as many who think the exact opposite.

RGMCSE
02-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Well I still have TW high speed and it's probably the fastest option in town. I think I'm pulling down 15mb per sec. I never have an issue with the service disconnecting. I rarely call tech support because it just isnt really needed. Plus it helps that I've been working in IT for 10 years, so I can fix most issues. Usually if your having a lot of disconnect problems its your router. You need to either upgrade the firmware or just buy a new one or install dd-wrt on your router. DD-WRT is a linux distro for your router. It's light weight as far as size and doesn't need much memory. Plus it's free, stable and powerful!

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

Rob