PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Cavs/Bobcats = 2007 Mavs/Warriors

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Discuss:

2007 Regular Season:
Dallas 67-15 (First seed) Golden State 42-40 (eighth seed)
Golden State 3 Dallas 0

Playoffs
Golden State 4 Dallas 2

NBA champion: San Antonio Spurs

2010 Regular Season:
Cavs (Likely first seed) Bobcats (possible eighth seed)
Bobcats 3 Cavs 1

Playoffs
Bobcats 4 Cavs 2.

NBA champion: San Antonio Spurs.

Monkey is off Dallas' back. Spurs fans leave Mavs fans alone. LeBron signs with Wolves, we win in 2011.

redzero
02-19-2010, 10:38 PM
If the Bobcats upset the Cavaliers, Lakers fans will never live it down.

Bob Lanier
02-19-2010, 10:43 PM
The Bobcats are virtually certain to win more than 42 games. They have a far more balanced roster than the Warriors did. And Larry Brown is twenty times better a coach than Don Nelson.

I'll give you that Mike Brown's almost as bad as Avery Johnson, though.

AussieFanKurt
02-19-2010, 10:43 PM
If the Bobcats upset the Cavaliers, Lakers fans will never live it down.

If Bobcats did the upset. I'd be dancing for rest of postseason. Not seeing LeCrab would be good

JoeTait75
02-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Bobcats won't be the eighth seed. They'll end up ahead of the Bulls. Which is good, because I want no part of that team in the playoffs.

lurker
02-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Lakers would understand given their own struggles against the Bobcats over the years. :lol

Bobcats are a team that the Cavs, Magic and Celtics should be hoping falls out of the playoffs. I sure as hell wouldn't want them in the first round.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Let's see, if Bobcats make the finals, how would they do against:

Los Angeles? Win
Denver? Lose
San Antonio? Lose
Dallas? Redemption time! I'd pick Dallas here.

JoeTait75
02-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Bobcats are a team that the Cavs, Magic and Celtics should be hoping falls out of the playoffs.

Well, there's no chance of that happening. They're too good defensively, they're too tall and athletic and they're too well-coached.

I'd like to see them against Boston, and Toronto against Orlando. The Magic don't match up very well with the Raps, IMO.

picc84
02-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Bobcats won't be the eighth seed. They'll end up ahead of the Bulls. Which is good, because I want no part of that team in the playoffs.

You could easily see them in the second round too.

Allanon
02-19-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm just glad those Bobcat fools are in the East and have to get through 3 teams first before getting to LA.

JoeTait75
You could easily see them in the second round too.

If they play Atlanta in the 4-5 series they'll lose. Atlanta does well against them.

Before we all start fellating the Bobcats with too much vigor, we should remember that they have lost twice to the Nets this year...

picc84
Charlotte is going to completely rape us when we go there. :lol

picc84
02-19-2010, 10:54 PM
If they play Atlanta in the 4-5 series they'll lose. Atlanta does well against them.

Before we all start fellating the Bobcats with too much vigor, we should remember that they have lost twice to the Nets this year...

Charlotte isn't getting anywhere higher than 7. Toronto and Miami are playing too well.

JoeTait75
02-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Charlotte isn't getting anywhere higher than 7. Toronto and Miami are playing too well.

In that case they won't be a problem. Cleveland isn't falling behind Orlando or Boston. They're going to be the #1 seed in the East.

If they get to the ECF on the other end of the bracket, God love 'em.

Well I doubt the Bobcats need to worry about the Nets win the post season starts. They can easily come out of the East.

They wouldn't be able to handle Dewey if they play Orlando.

picc84
02-19-2010, 11:01 PM
You dont think Charlotte could beat Boston? Disagree.

JoeTait75
02-19-2010, 11:03 PM
You dont think Charlotte could beat Boston? Disagree.

They can beat Boston for sure. But Boston is wobbly.

I seriously doubt they could handle Dewey Howard over the course of a seven-game series in which they don't have HCA.

sribb43
02-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Seeing Bron out in the 1st round as a #1 seed would be a >>>>>>>>>> FAIL than Dirk bowing out against GS.

lurker
02-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Well, there's no chance of that happening. They're too good defensively, they're too tall and athletic and they're too well-coached.

I'd like to see them against Boston, and Toronto against Orlando. The Magic don't match up very well with the Raps, IMO.
An injury could change everything. I really thought they were going to make the playoffs last season and then it all fell apart.

Before we all start fellating the Bobcats with too much vigor, we should remember that they have lost twice to the Nets this year...That's just the way the Bobcats are. They fail against the teams they're actually supposed to beat. :lol

Allanon
02-19-2010, 11:23 PM
That's just the way the Bobcats are. They fail against the teams they're actually supposed to beat. :lol

That's the craziest thing about the Bobcats.

They fail against the ordinary teams but go gang-busters against the supposed "elites" like the Lakers.

j-money24
02-20-2010, 04:43 AM
The way the Bobcats match up against the top teams in the east, they can actually represent the East in the Finals.

And beat the Lakers in the finals !!

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-20-2010, 05:03 AM
I'm just glad those Bobcat fools are in the East and have to get through 3 teams first before getting to LA.

bobcats Lakers finals oh fuck :lol

Just imagine

Just imagine Kobe Bryant not choking like a punk-ass euro (dirk) and manning up for his 5th ring.

LMAO @ anyone thinking the Bobcats would touch LAL in the finals. The Lakers woud sweep that bitch they aren't the Dallas Mavericks.

scanry
02-20-2010, 05:10 AM
Larry Brown >>>> Phil Jackson...

There, i said it!

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-20-2010, 05:12 AM
Larry Brown >>>> Phil Jackson...

There, i said it!

Defensively yes you are absolutely right Brown > Phil. I'd rather kill myself than watch a Larry Brown team play offense for 82 games though

Brown's problem is he quits on his team after like 3 years

ffadicted
02-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Oh how I hope the Cavs meet the Cats in the playoffs, seeing LeBronze get killed by an 8th seed and out of the playoffs in the first round would make me feel like a million bucks

Warlord23
02-20-2010, 12:11 PM
The Bobcats have the deepest PF/C rotation in the NBA: Tyrus Thomas / Boris Diaw / Tyson Chandler / Nazr Mohammed / Desagana Diop / Theo Ratliff / Alexis Ajinca

They're the anti-Spurs in the way they use big men. Of course, a lot of the depth has to do with the injuries they have in the frontcourt. Aside from that, they have Jax (6'8) and Gerald Wallace (6'7) on the wings.

As I said in another thread, Larry Brown knows how to win with interior D. Although anemic on offense, the Cats are the #2 defense in the league. The way they match up with the Cavs and Celtics, it'd be a fun 1st round series if either of those two draws Charlotte in the first round.

Findog
02-20-2010, 01:49 PM
The Bobcats are virtually certain to win more than 42 games. They have a far more balanced roster than the Warriors did. And Larry Brown is twenty times better a coach than Don Nelson.

The Warriors were 26-35 and rallied to make the playoffs at 42-40. They pulled off a mid-season trade that brought in a major talent infusion in Jackson/Harrington for two white boys. They went something like 15-3 down the stretch in the regular season with their new core in place. And while it's true that Nelson is in Colonel Kurtz mode these days, he did a fantastic coaching job that season. None of that excuses Dallas shitting the bed, but I dispute your suggestion that these Cats are greatly superior to those Warriors.

I'll give you that Mike Brown's almost as bad as Avery Johnson, though.

No disagreement there.

Juanobili
02-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Maybe the Cavs will wear Nets jerseys lol

JoeTait75
02-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Most of the talk when it comes to these two teams is about Captain Jack and Gerald Wallace (rightfully so) and Raymond Felton has given the Cavaliers fits ever since he came into the league. But Boris Diaw has been a MAJOR factor in these last three games, getting the ball mid-post and either getting to the cup off the bounce or finding teammates. He had 9 assists last night. Right now we just don't seem to have an answer for him.

EDIT- Check that, Diaw didn't really do much in the first two games Charlotte won over the Cavaliers. He certainly killed it last night though.

If these teams meet again in the playoffs the Cavaliers maybe should go small up front (Hickson/Varejao or Jamison/Varejao) and big on the wings (West/LeBron/Moon.)

No disagreement there.

I really don't think Mike Brown is as much of a buffoon as he's made out to be. But he can't hang with Larry Brown, that's a given.

Bartleby
02-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Nelson is in Colonel Kurtz mode these days

:lol

Bartleby
02-20-2010, 02:15 PM
A Cavs/Cats ECF would be pretty cool, and not outside the realm of possibility the way things look right now.

DJ Mbenga
02-20-2010, 04:10 PM
the only issue will the cats are playing too well they are moving up on the pathetic east. wont be an 8th seed

lurker
02-20-2010, 04:36 PM
It would definitely be interesting to see what the ref situation would be like if the Cavs end up facing the Bobcats. The thought of the Bobcats advancing over the Cavs probably keeps Stern up at night.

JoeTait75
02-20-2010, 04:57 PM
It would definitely be interesting to see what the ref situation would be like if the Cavs end up facing the Bobcats. The thought of the Bobcats advancing over the Cavs probably keeps Stern up at night.

Know how many total free throws LeBron shot in the previous two losses to Charlotte before last night? Six. Cleveland shot 13 free throws in the home loss to the Bobcats in early January.

I find it amusing that people think David Stern will do anything to assist the Cavaliers in the playoffs. If anything he'll want to see them knocked out early, because it theoretically increases LeBron's chances of decamping to a major market.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-20-2010, 05:14 PM
That theory has been debunked. Lebron is leaving Cleveland whether he wins (he wont) or not this year.

Oh and please. Watch the Nuggets game again and witness the refs/timekeeper literally handing Lebron multiple opportunities to play hero.

JoeTait75
02-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Lebron is leaving Cleveland whether he wins (he wont) or not this year.

There's about a 98 percent chance he's staying at this point. If he wanted to leave so badly he'd have left after his rookie contract expired in 2006. He's going to re-sign in Cleveland in July. Sorry.

As for the clock at the end of the Denver game, well, I suppose you've never heard of hometown timekeepers, huh? Atlanta's timekeepers are notorious for dicking around on behalf of their team. I guess that means David Stern wants the Hawks to win the title, right?

Findog
02-20-2010, 06:39 PM
If Cleveland fails to win the title, I think it's 75/25 he stays. If they win it all this year, he's guaranteed to return.

himat
02-20-2010, 07:41 PM
The Warriors were 26-35 and rallied to make the playoffs at 42-40. They pulled off a mid-season trade that brought in a major talent infusion in Jackson/Harrington for two white boys.

I hope someone beats the Cavs in the first round, anyone, but if there was a team that I could choose I would pick the Knicks. They are only 6 or 7 games out of the first round and what better way to get the Second Round Virgin his first taste of playoff success?

I am really rooting for T Mac over there. Hopefully he brings New York the veteran leadership to make a run for the playoffs.

himat
02-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Don't get ya hope high for Mac. He can't lead shit to a toilet.

Not getting my hopes up, but you know it would be a nice surprise.