View Full Version : Official Rest Tony Parker Campaign !

ginobili fan
02-20-2010, 12:38 AM
At this point this is just painful to watch him play. We can even feel his injuries just watching him.

He was simply useless tonight against Philly.

I'm not bashing him but he's now relying on his jumpshots and when it works he can help like against Indy, but tonight performance confirmed that the all star break didn't help him at all.

It's Febuary and this is the same inconsistant and injured TP we used to see in the first part of the season. He's still decent 1 game of 2.

If we need him in important games why not rest him against bad teams ? (even though there's no bad team for the spurs right now)
Or rest him like a month. We need him fresh for the playoffs because it might be one of the few good thing this season if he find consistant bases of 70% of what he once used to be.
TP injured = Jacques Vaughn.
Doesn't Pop realize that ?

Obstructed_View
02-20-2010, 12:45 AM

Uh, he started Bogans and Bonner. Of course he doesn't.

The Truth #6
02-20-2010, 12:48 AM
We're hustling our way into the lottery. Not tanking. We're going to fail with class, the Spurs way.

benefactor
02-20-2010, 12:49 AM
I agree that he should rest. He has a busy summer ahead of him.

Obstructed_View
02-20-2010, 12:50 AM
We're hustling our way into the lottery. Not tanking. We're going to fail with class, the Spurs way.

If only the Spurs were hustling.,,

cd98
02-20-2010, 12:57 AM
We need Parker to get healthy sp he can lead the French National Team this summer.

ginobili fan
02-20-2010, 12:58 AM

This.
At this point it seems like they're not even trying.
That's why if you can't try just rest your ass

baseline bum
02-20-2010, 02:40 AM
At this point this is just painful to watch him play. We can even feel his injuries just watching him.

He was simply useless tonight against Philly.

I'm not bashing him but he's now relying on his jumpshots and when it works he can help like against Indy, but tonight performance confirmed that the all star break didn't help him at all.

It's Febuary and this is the same inconsistant and injured TP we used to see in the first part of the season. He's still decent 1 game of 2.

If we need him in important games why not rest him against bad teams ? (even though there's no bad team for the spurs right now)
Or rest him like a month. We need him fresh for the playoffs because it might be one of the few good thing this season if he find consistant bases of 70% of what he once used to be.
TP injured = Jacques Vaughn.

Making the playoffs is out of the question if you rest Parker.

5in10
02-20-2010, 02:50 AM
I say rest Parker and Duncan. Give more pt to the youngs guys to help get ready for playoffs/next year. It gives Jefferson a chance to become a go to guy/ may get him more comfortable with the spurs system. It saves Duncan and Tony for playoffs, and if all goes wrong it puts us in the lottery to get more talent/young guys.

spurs10
02-20-2010, 02:58 AM
It doesn't take a genius to see how TP's injuries are hurting this team, at the very worst time, with only a few games to get it together. It's been said ad nauseum that a hobbled TP insures a losing season. I for one am not encouraged by his insistance to play for the FNT, not for the sake of him playing for his country, but with regard for the damage he has done to his team. 2 points? Why in heaven's name would want him to play?

ginobili fan
02-20-2010, 03:07 AM
It doesn't take a genius to see how TP's injuries are hurting this team, at the very worst time, with only a few games to get it together. It's been said ad nauseum that a hobbled TP insures a losing season. I for one am not encouraged by his insistance to play for the FNT, not for the sake of him playing for his country, but with regard for the damage he has done to his team. 2 points? Why in heaven's name would want him to play?

The thing is I don't understand why Parker himself wanted so badly to play when he had his ankle sprain before the all star break even though he knew that he needed more rest.
It's not like Pop was forcing him to play.
I don't get the guy. And he wants to play this summer too ? My god there's something completly illogic there. :downspin:

Bukefal
02-20-2010, 06:42 AM

Bukefal
02-20-2010, 06:43 AM
I agree rest him from time to time, I do, limit his minutes etc... But resting him for a longer period, like a month, that's crazy. We need the guy, we cant afford without him.

kace
02-20-2010, 07:08 AM
ginobili fan is a funny guy. after having polluted the game blog with his dozens of posts bashing TP, he felt the need to start a thread about it.

Why do Pop play tony ? maybe because he was our best player for the last ten games before yesterday.

where were your threads asking to rest manu when he was shooting like shit (which means 75 % of the season) ?

where were those during Tim shooting slump (which seems to continue) ?

TP's injury is a blessing in disguise for the TP hater here. they can ask not to play him without looking like haters. it's for TP's health......:lol

Ginobili fan, i guess that your name alone says a lot about your TP hate. Sad that this great forum is wasted by too many lame fans.

Spurs Brazil
02-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Yes, let's rest Parker so he can be fresh for his summer work for France...

Josepatches_
02-20-2010, 08:29 AM

:lol

That's only happen if you rest TD.This team can make the playoffs without TP.

He's not helping the team playing like he did yesterday.If he's really hurt then sit him.

Mr.Robinson
02-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Rest Parker for 3-5 games. They can win without him.

elbamba
02-20-2010, 09:48 AM
At this stage, you would probably need to rest him 2-3 weeks. Either way, the Spurs will have a hard time in the playoffs with a non-rested TP. The Spurs will have a hard time making the playoffs without TP.

ohmwrecker
02-20-2010, 10:06 AM

Wrong. What you are seeing are guys struggling to play hard with nagging injuries and battered bodies. I saw quite a bit of hustling last night, but no ammount of hustle is effective if you have to compensate for injured or unathletic teammates AND a coach who cannot figure out his rotations. Bonner and Bogans are completely useless against a team like Philly. They just got run out of the gym. Blair showed a good ammount of hustle, but he needs more PT. Hill played well, but now he looks hobbled. Jefferson is finally showing some heart and hustle and Manu is starting to look like Manu. Tony is playing hard, but is obviously crippled with every step. I don't know if Timmy is just in a slump, injured or just trying too hard, but anyone who thinks this team isn't trying has never played a minute of competitve basketball.

Stringer_Bell
02-20-2010, 10:29 AM
When was the last time the Spurs lost when Tony wasn't in the line-up? Does anyone have a record? With all the TP criticism, from me included, I'd think the record is something like 7-3 where we could say, "yea, Spurs don't need him when we play inferior IQ/superior athletic teams."

I agree, let's rest him for the Summer games. France deserves it!

exstatic
02-20-2010, 11:04 AM
i agree that he should rest. He has a busy summer ahead of him.

we need parker to get healthy sp he can lead the french national team this summer.

yes, let's rest parker so he can be fresh for his summer work for france...

when was the last time the spurs lost when tony wasn't in the line-up? Does anyone have a record? With all the tp criticism, from me included, i'd think the record is something like 7-3 where we could say, "yea, spurs don't need him when we play inferior iq/superior athletic teams."

i agree, let's rest him for the summer games. France deserves it!

fml

ElNono
02-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Rest him for what?

Bukefal
02-20-2010, 11:10 AM
ginobili fan is a funny guy. after having polluted the game blog with his dozens of posts bashing TP, he felt the need to start a thread about it.

Why do Pop play tony ? maybe because he was our best player for the last ten games before yesterday.

where were your threads asking to rest manu when he was shooting like shit (which means 75 % of the season) ?

TP's injury is a blessing in disguise for the TP hater here. they can ask not to play him without looking like haters. it's for TP's health......:lol

Ginobili fan, i guess that your name alone says a lot about your TP hate. Sad that this great forum is wasted by too many lame fans.

+1
Well said.

The hate is crazy. If this hate was coming from mavs fans or something, ok, I can imagine. But this hate against your own player who has done so much for your team, for a player who means so much for us, is just sad

exstatic
02-20-2010, 11:26 AM
+1
Well said.

The hate is crazy. If this hate was coming from mavs fans or something, ok, I can imagine. But this hate against your own player who has done so much for your team, for a player who means so much for us, is just sad

I'm an equal opportunity basher: I've given Manu and the Argies equal grief for his NT play affecting the Spurs. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it didn't affect their subsequent health and the fortunes of their NBA teams, but IT CLEARLY DOES.

exstatic
02-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Rest him for what?

The non-playoffs, apparently...

TJastal
02-20-2010, 11:34 AM
And the greatest part is how Parker waits till just after the trade deadline to announce his intention to play international ball this summer... giving the spurs no recourse this season to do anything about it.

Holt is paying 12.6 mil and 13.5 next year for this b.s.

TJastal
02-20-2010, 11:35 AM
err maybe it was the day before the deadline, same difference though.... spurs had no time to get a deal worked out if they had wanted to

trypldubl
02-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Manu at least knows when to shut it down. He got himself healed up and is turning it around now. Parkers game is based on his speed and this is 1 field goal crap is what you get when he can't get by his man. Even if we do miss the playoffs French Fry needs to shut it down . He is not helping when he plays like this.

Spurs da champs
02-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Rest him forever he's trash he doesn't share the ball and he doesn't have what it takes to be a 20ppg scorer, last year was fake.

ginobili fan
02-20-2010, 01:05 PM

You kidding me ?
Don't take it bad I'm not a hater, I like TP. It's not because "I am ginobili fan" that I'm a hater. This thing makes me crazy on this board.

Sad that we can't be a ginobili fan and can't say anything on TP.

PS: You know what I'm french so I should be in love with TP.
Ne le prends pas mal.

Again this is ridiculous :wow

exstatic
02-20-2010, 01:19 PM
And the greatest part is how Parker waits till just after the trade deadline to announce his intention to play international ball this summer... giving the spurs no recourse this season to do anything about it.

Holt is paying 12.6 mil and 13.5 next year for this b.s.

The Jazz are going to have to blow it up again. Boozer will walk this summer, and now DWill is FUCKING PISSED that they salary dumped Brewer. He came right out and said "That's why I only signed for three years... "(committed). He has a PO for the 4th year, which is sounds like he won't pick up if he's still on the Jazz by then.

I'd swap TP in a minute for DWill and would also take one of their bad contracts (Okur or AK47) for RJ's 2011 expiring this summer if they need a sweetener.

ulosturedge
02-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Someone needs to teach our point guards to dish the ball...It almost seems like everyone is trying to play 1 on 1 out there sometimes. Manu is our only true passer out there. Even Duncan and Blair pass the ball better then our point guards. It's fucking sad...

Pauleta14
02-20-2010, 01:27 PM

I think your wrong THIS time...

Ginobilifan makes a good point and I don't think there's any hate, just a valid point of view that deserves to be discused.

I also tend, sometimes, to see TP haters everywhere on this board :lol
let's not become parano guys...

exstatic
02-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Someone needs to teach our point guards to dish the ball...It almost seems like everyone is trying to play 1 on 1 out there sometimes. Manu is our only true passer out there. Even Duncan and Blair pass the ball better then our point guards. It's fucking sad...

The problem is, our PGs aren't PG, they're both small scoring guards who can occasionally make an easy dump off pass, but don't really see the court.

ulosturedge
02-20-2010, 01:38 PM
The problem is, our PGs aren't PG, they're both small scoring guards who can occasionally make an easy dump off pass, but don't really see the court.

Yeah I know, but you think they could work on improving that part of their game. I mean as effective as Parker and Hill are at getting in the paint you think they should have more opportunities to dish the ball off instead of trying to finish all the time. I don't think i've ever seen Hill try to dump the ball off once this year after getting in the paint. I guess if your not a point guard your not a point guard though...

Chomag
02-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah I know, but you think they could work on improving that part of their game. I mean as effective as Parker and Hill are at getting in the paint you think they should have more opportunities to dish the ball off instead of trying to finish all the time. I don't think i've ever seen Hill try to dump the ball off once this year after getting in the paint. I guess if your not a point guard your not a point guard though...

I agree, I wish we had a true PG but Pop likes his PGs to be shooters and scorers. Allways has...

kace
02-20-2010, 02:50 PM
I think your wrong THIS time...

Ginobilifan makes a good point and I don't think there's any hate, just a valid point of view that deserves to be discused.

I also tend, sometimes, to see TP haters everywhere on this board :lol
let's not become parano guys...

i was reading the game blog during the game that i saw on the net. were you ?
because the guy was just ridiculous. there were some pages where half the posts were his ones asking not to play TP. You know when you stay awake from 2 am to 5 am to see the spurs, that you have to see your team play like shit, especially TP, i guess that seeing some people being so lame could be a little too much to bear.

you're right about the paranoia sometimes though.

EDIT: oh, and for what it worths, i'm not against resting TP if it could keep him healthy for the rest of the season.

SpurCharger
02-20-2010, 02:53 PM
We Cant Rest Him now..... He should have Been Getting Rest Since December and He would Be Healthy now.

taps
02-20-2010, 04:48 PM

:lmao

this had me literally in tears. i'm so stealing this for my user title

edit: typo

Obstructed_View
02-20-2010, 05:16 PM
:flag:40 minutes a game for the big three. Who's with me?:flag:

slayermin
02-20-2010, 05:37 PM
If there was one need I wish the Spurs addressed before the trade deadline, it was point guard. If we could have added just a decent veteran for some depth.

ginobili fan
03-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Sad day

exstatic
03-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Sad day

Why? He'll get rest now!! Woo Hoo!!

iManu
03-07-2010, 04:29 PM
It's not like he could shoot, before. :elephant

ginobili fan
03-07-2010, 08:14 PM