PDA

View Full Version : Do yourselves a favor

SpurNation
02-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Accept (Hope) that the Spurs are going to tank for the rest of the season.

Quit getting so upset by this inevitable outcome and look forward to the future.

And for the future of the team...it really is best that they don't make the playoffs this year.

And I can understand the die hard mentality...I'm a competitor as well.

But sometimes the best thing (though it be the hardest) that can happen to any person, business or competitor is accepting decline instead of fighting it.

This team doesn't need a band-aide...it needs to be cured.

And the only cure I see is top talented youth. And that type of talent is procured best in the draft when one doesn't have the funds to just buy it.

Anyway...just my suggestion to those who are getting upset. But then again...some people aren't happy unless they are upset.

Such is life.

ginobili fan
02-20-2010, 01:02 AM
But the thing is Pop thinks he can win with this group.
He really thinks that way !!! I'm serious.
Even the rest of the FO thinks too.
They're looking for top seed, that's why they're leting TP play with his injuries.

Parker2112
02-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Accept (Hope) that the Spurs are going to tank for the rest of the season.

Quit getting so upset by this inevitable outcome and look forward to the future.

And for the future of the team...it really is best that they don't make the playoffs this year.

And I can understand the die hard mentality...I'm a competitor as well.

But sometimes the best thing (though it be the hardest) that can happen to any person, business or competitor is accepting decline instead of fighting it.

This team doesn't need a band-aide...it needs to be cured.

And the only cure I see is top talented youth. And that type of talent is procured best in the draft when one doesn't have the funds to just buy it.

Anyway...just my suggestion to those who are getting upset. But then again...some people aren't happy unless they are upset.

Such is life.

This post fails to recognize the essence of the nature of sport...

Timmy is a competitor.
Manu is a competitor.
Pop is a competitor.
Tony is a competitor.
Buford is a competitor.
the list goes on...

Do you know what it means to be a competitor?
It is a completely different thing than being a "fan" cheering/jeering from the keyboard.
It means you don't quit. You don't know how.:nope

You never played sports much did you?

The Truth #6
02-20-2010, 01:36 AM
They can hustle all they want, but sadly it doesn't look like they're going to make the playoffs. Unfortunately, if this happens, Pop won't be playing young players to get experience but our veterans. And if we do get a good pick, they'll probably trade it to save money to sign Splitter.

suitedkings
02-20-2010, 01:54 AM
Youth? Pop refuses to play youth.

duhoh
02-20-2010, 02:28 AM
tank? and waste another solid year of duncan?

genius.