PDA

View Full Version : Playoff matchups

pogo1231
02-20-2010, 10:12 AM
What Western Conf potential playoff team can the Spurs beat?

reddog 99
02-20-2010, 10:16 AM
as you can see there are no replies.

:lol

TIMMYD!
02-20-2010, 11:03 AM
At this point, I wouldn't even be thinking about making the playoffs.

mytespurs
02-20-2010, 11:53 AM
None

Flux451
02-20-2010, 12:00 PM
LA Sparks

dastrey
02-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Maybe if they played the 8th seed of the eastern conference. It would probably go 7 games.

Chomag
02-20-2010, 12:18 PM
AI: Playoffs? We talking about playoffs.

Obstructed_View
02-20-2010, 12:47 PM
They can barely beat Indiana with a week of rest.

Libri
02-20-2010, 12:51 PM
*chirp* *chirp*

Spurgio
02-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Lakers - No
Denver - Yes
Dallas - Maybe
Utah - Yes
Phoenix - Yes
Portland - Yes
Thunder - Yes

this team probably hasn't showed it in a consistent basis, but i've seen flashes throughout this season of what this team is capable of. At the end of the day, it comes down to match ups, Lakers are to Big and Long for us to match with. We match up with Denver pretty good, unless Kenyon Martin puts up 20 + in 4 games, I can see the spurs winning this series. Dallas would be the hardest series, and the most even match up for us, I could see this going to 7 games. Sure Utah sweeped the season series, but those were also the best 4 games they've played all season, the odds of them playing at that level again are slim. Phoenix, not to worried about. Portland and thunder would be more difficult if we didn't have home court, those young players are still in college mode, they feed of the crowd.

nbaman99
02-20-2010, 01:46 PM
playoffs, Really?

lmbebo
02-20-2010, 01:46 PM
I don't see us winning any series this year. We can maybe win up to 2 or 3 games in a series, but I just don't see the ability of the team to close out a game or series.

z0sa
02-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Bump this thread in 30 games

mexicanjunior
02-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Hopefully none...

boutons_deux
02-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Spurs to get 7th or 8th (or non-seed), will be swept by 2nd or 1st seed, winning 1 game max.

Russ
02-20-2010, 03:07 PM
What Western Conf potential playoff team can the Spurs beat?

Based on history, the Lakers and Dallas would be the worst matchups.

No other NBA team has beaten the Spurs in the playoffs (with Duncan playing) in the last 11 years.

(And the Spurs even have multiple series wins against both the Mavs and Lakers during that period.)

Spursone
02-20-2010, 03:10 PM
What is this COMEDY CENTRAL? :downspin::blah:rollin:blah:downspin:

Mr.Robinson
02-20-2010, 03:38 PM
If TP is at least 90% by playoff time I think we can beat anybody. Parker is the missing link. If he can go back to blowing by everybody the Spurs can do it. Parker has been missing all season long. Why don't you guys see this.

Spurgio
02-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Why do so many of you believe the spurs won't even make the playoffs ? Sure, they're 3 losses away from missing the playoff completely right now, but they're also 4 games behind from being the 2nd seed.

TJastal
02-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Why do so many of you believe the spurs won't even make the playoffs ? Sure, they're 3 losses away from missing the playoff completely right now, but they're also 4 games behind from being the 2nd seed.

1. Bogans
2. Boner
3. only a handful of home games remaining
4. no shotblockers left
5. small ball

davi78239
02-20-2010, 03:56 PM
I've said this a thousand times since I figured that we were gonna suck this year. Spurs would be better NOT making the playoffs and getting a lotto pick. What's the use barely getting in the playoffs and getting smoked in the first round? With a pick, they can draft someone high (won't be as high Duncan, Robinson Obviously) but someone pretty good. And if they don't have anyone in mind, they can always choose to package it in a trade. That to sounds like the best case scenario rather than just barely limping into the playoffs. They're lucky to even be in the hunt right now. If this was last year or previous years, they'd be shit out of luck with the way the competition was in years past.

Russ
02-20-2010, 04:05 PM
I've said this a thousand times since I figured that we were gonna suck this year. Spurs would be better NOT making the playoffs and getting a lotto pick. What's the use barely getting in the playoffs and getting smoked in the first round?

I'm with you so far . . .

With a pick, they can draft someone high (won't be as high Duncan, Robinson Obviously) but someone pretty good.

Now, you lost me. To paraphrase you, what's the use of drafting someone good but not as good as Duncan or Robinson. That just sends you back to . . .

What's the use barely getting in the playoffs and getting smoked in the first round?

And you're there for the next, oh, ten-twenty years or so . . .

No thanks. Not quite yet.

Manudo Flopo
02-20-2010, 04:30 PM
You CAN NOT beat anyone pathetic mofos!

Mr. Body
02-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Lakers - No
Denver - Yes
Dallas - Maybe
Utah - Yes
Phoenix - Yes
Portland - Yes
Thunder - Yes

this team probably hasn't showed it in a consistent basis, but i've seen flashes throughout this season of what this team is capable of. At the end of the day, it comes down to match ups, Lakers are to Big and Long for us to match with. We match up with Denver pretty good, unless Kenyon Martin puts up 20 + in 4 games, I can see the spurs winning this series. Dallas would be the hardest series, and the most even match up for us, I could see this going to 7 games. Sure Utah sweeped the season series, but those were also the best 4 games they've played all season, the odds of them playing at that level again are slim. Phoenix, not to worried about. Portland and thunder would be more difficult if we didn't have home court, those young players are still in college mode, they feed of the crowd.

Denver are much, much better than you think. They're possibly the best team in the West.

I'm not sure the Spurs can beat Portland or OKC.

Manudo Flopo
02-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Based on history, the Lakers and Dallas would be the worst matchups.

No other NBA team has beaten the Spurs in the playoffs (with Duncan playing) in the last 11 years.

(And the Spurs even have multiple series wins against both the Mavs and Lakers during that period.)quit living in the past idiot!

Russ
02-20-2010, 05:08 PM
quit living in the past idiot!

Past is prologue, you idi . . . my esteemed friend.

Amarelooms
02-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Lakers - No
Denver - Yes
Dallas - Maybe
Utah - Yes
Phoenix - Yes
Portland - Yes
Thunder - Yes

lol at maybe for Dallas. Spurs are the only team the Mavs know they can beat for certain lol :elephant

Russ
02-20-2010, 05:22 PM
lol at maybe for Dallas. Spurs are the only team the Mavs know they can beat for certain lol :elephant

Too bad the Mavs can't face the Spurs in four straight series, then they might get that next championship.

NFGIII
02-20-2010, 05:26 PM
At this level of play most likely few to none IF the Spurs make the POs. Fans might like for them to miss them and get a higher draft pick and get someone who might help out immediately. I say mgiht since rookies can be hit or miss. Most players on the ohter hand want to make them regardless, especially those lower on the food chain. It's another paycheck even if you lose and since several on the currrent roster wont be coming back what do they care about the Spurs future?

I agree with z0sa - bump this thread when we have a better understanding of what seed if any the Spurs might have.

Obstructed_View
02-20-2010, 05:26 PM

The Spurs had about the easiest record in the league from the beginning of the season through the all star break, with a lot of games at home and a lot of games against weak teams. That turns around going forward, and they have begun the final stretch by almost losing to Indiana and getting their asses handed to them by Philly. The opposite question should actually be posed to you, because all the evidence points to the Spurs sliding further down in the standings as the season wears on.