PDA

View Full Version : Theoretically, Who Won the Trade Deadline?

Kai
02-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Before we actually start seeing results, who do you think made the best move(s) on paper?

Poll coming...

Double-Up
02-20-2010, 12:57 PM
New York* or Houston, depending who they sign with their cap space.

EDIT: The Jamison pickup may be the best if they win a ring this year, alot of ifs with this poll.

Scola
02-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Houston, I think that NY is gonna miss out on the top FAs and have to end up overpaying Boozer or Joe Johnson.

Kai
02-20-2010, 01:10 PM
damn, I meant to make the poll public :(

Muser
02-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Houston, if NY continue to suck and don't get a good player.

Kai
02-20-2010, 01:19 PM
There are a lot of ifs, I would imagine the results this poll would be very different in a year or so. So that's why I emphasized the fact that we don't know for sure yet. Just vote based on what you think is the best deal, even though it might not end up being the best.

XFactor
02-20-2010, 01:28 PM
The Bulls won it in the long term...... They cleared cap space by dumping Tyrus and John Salmons while keeping their core. In return they got a few pieces and a 1st round pick. The Bulls will make the playoffs this year and on top of that they are the best team out there that have a chance at signing a Max FA and another lower FA such as Ray Allen. If the Bulls are able to sign one of those FA then this deal is good but if they can't then the whole deal is a complete fail.

pauls931
02-20-2010, 03:23 PM
excellent poll

Allanon
02-20-2010, 03:27 PM
New York will replace the Celtics next year at the top of the Atlantic.

pauls931
02-20-2010, 03:53 PM
If it involved the movement of players, I say Dallas. If not, then the Suns keeping Amare.

djohn2oo8
02-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Houston, because those picks will either be used in a trade for an impact player, or be lottery picks, because Morey wouldn't have made the trade if he didn't have another plan to screw the Knicks again

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-20-2010, 04:45 PM
If New York signs Lebron and someone else it's not even a debate.

Kings/Houston - we'll have to wait and see how Landry and Martin fit on their respective teams and what Sac does with that cap space. I'd rather be Sacremento with cap space than Houston with none.

Mavs - Butler/Howard was lateral. Haywood was a nice upgrade especially with Damp out. For a WIN NOW trade, Dallas wins the dead line.

The Lakers lose it the most for not trying to move Fisher's expiring and re-signing him in 30 days...which they could have done if they weren't so loyal to him.

baseline bum
02-20-2010, 05:44 PM
The Lakers are the big winners since Cleveland failed to land Stoudemire. The best actual move has to be Dallas' though; Howard is worthless and they turned him, Gooden, and two complete scrubs into two good players.