PDA

View Full Version : 7 Night Cruise

Basketballgirl25
02-20-2010, 01:53 PM
So I'll be going on a 7 night cruise in 14 days can't wait because that means.

-Seeing old friends that work on the ship.

-Meeting new friends from around the world.

-Staying up till 3:00am in the night club every night with new friends

-Going to Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Castaway Cay

-Turning 22 years old while at sea

-Not having to use a cell.

-Not having to worry about the real world

-Not being able to watch basketball(which is a major plus)

tp2021
02-20-2010, 01:54 PM
-Not being able to watch basketball(which is a major plus when you're a Nets fan)

Basketballgirl25
02-20-2010, 03:39 PM
nah, it's not because I'm a Nets fan, in fact I'll be wearing a Nets Jersey and Nets hat on the ship, not being able to watch Mavericks, Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Magic, and the good teams is a major plus as well. Shows you the NBA isn't all that good, lol I mean if I'd want to waste my time watching basketball on vacation someone get me help, only way I'd watch any sports is if it were finals, superbowl, world series, etc

CubanSucks
02-20-2010, 07:49 PM
What cruise line is it and what city is it leaving from?

Basketballgirl25
02-20-2010, 09:52 PM
What cruise line is it and what city is it leaving from?

Disney Cruise Line and Port Canaveral in Florida which is a hour away from Orlando. Should be awesome I'll get to see the new Carnival Dream ship since that will be docked in port that day as well:toast

benefactor
02-21-2010, 12:00 AM
My parents got a picture of the Dream ship in Honduras last week. I looks a lot like the Conquest(I've been on the Conquest twice) and when I looked it up it is just slightly bigger.

The ship I would like to get on is Oasis. That damn thing is a monster.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-21-2010, 03:08 AM
a buddy of mine used to play on a cruise ship. he's a musician. he says a lot of crazy weird stuff happens on that boat. i'm talking crew wise. it's a great paying gig, but man.................

alamo50
02-21-2010, 05:41 AM
If you were born a boy, your name would have been Tom.

Basketballgirl25
02-21-2010, 05:41 PM
My parents got a picture of the Dream ship in Honduras last week. I looks a lot like the Conquest(I've been on the Conquest twice) and when I looked it up it is just slightly bigger.

The ship I would like to get on is Oasis. That damn thing is a monster.

We docked by Oasis Of The Seas in Nassau the first time it went, it was pretty big, not as big in person as I thought it would look though, deff seems bigger in pictures

Bukefal
02-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Cool. Werent you on a cruise also a little while ago? With the pics of towels shaped as animal figures :)

Imposter
02-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Get laid while out on sea, just don't bring any STD back with you. Good luck!

Basketballgirl25
02-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Steping off the boat, handed a beer, taking a walk along the private beach while the band plays Bob Marley with the BBQ hitting on all cylinders. F'ing awesome... invite me please!

Hey, come along lol I don't care. Once on the cruise ship the real world goes away, it always seems like everyone just becomes on big family, everyone from guests to crew I meet on the ship become friends. Like the hosts Pikey, David, and Tisa all say "Forget about sports, forget about money, forget about work and school, forget about the real world", prob won't get it if your not on the ship, but I totally get it. Heck I forget what day it is by the second day on the ship

Basketballgirl25
02-21-2010, 05:50 PM
a buddy of mine used to play on a cruise ship. he's a musician. he says a lot of crazy weird stuff happens on that boat. i'm talking crew wise. it's a great paying gig, but man.................

werid stuff does happen on a boat

Basketballgirl25
02-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Cool. Werent you on a cruise also a little while ago? With the pics of towels shaped as animal figures :)

yeah I was in December. I go a lot lol got three more booked after this, 1 on the new ship that will be out in January 2011 and have a waterslide on it and then LA to Alaska and Alska cruise, all these are in 2011.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-21-2010, 06:10 PM
werid stuff does happen on a boat
just stay away from the ledge.

baseline bum
02-21-2010, 06:23 PM
yeah I was in December. I go a lot lol got three more booked after this, 1 on the new ship that will be out in January 2011 and have a waterslide on it and then LA to Alaska and Alska cruise, all these are in 2011.

Is that to Skagway? I have a friend who worked on the Golden Princess for a few years and got to ride the railroad from Skagway into the Yukon for free as many times as he wanted because of it. He said that train ride is the most amazing trip he's ever been on.

Basketballgirl25
02-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Is that to Skagway? I have a friend who worked on the Golden Princess for a few years and got to ride the railroad from Skagway into the Yukon for free as many times as he wanted because of it. He said that train ride is the most amazing trip he's ever been on.

I think it goes to Skagway, can't remember right now. Once I get the cruise in 12 days out of the way I'll start looking into that cruise a little more and finding info out about the places. This cruise don't need to find out anything since I have been to all the ports:toast

angel_luv
02-22-2010, 01:44 PM
You are fortunate to get to go on so many cruises. I look forward to going on a cruise someday.

TMTTRIO
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Cool you got to let me know how it is. I'm going on a 7 day cruise in May to the Bahamas and the Florida Keys for my 30th Birthday. What cruise line are you going on?

thispego
02-22-2010, 05:50 PM
I think you are all ignoring the fact that it is waaaay weird to be going on so many Disney cruises, or cruises in general, and having such a strong affection for your "boat families".

Basketballgirl25
02-23-2010, 06:08 AM
Cool you got to let me know how it is. I'm going on a 7 day cruise in May to the Bahamas and the Florida Keys for my 30th Birthday. What cruise line are you going on?

Going on Disney Cruise Line, all cruise lines are great though:toast

Basketballgirl25
02-23-2010, 06:12 AM
I think you are all ignoring the fact that it is waaaay weird to be going on so many Disney cruises, or cruises in general, and having such a strong affection for your "boat families".

not really weird if you have the money and can do it, and the boat families, I'd call it old friends you don't get to see often. I've met people of cruises from all over that if I didn't go on cruises I would not have met. I mean do you really think I would go on vacation in Germany?

benefactor
02-23-2010, 06:26 AM
There's nothing all that strange about going on a lot of cruises. From a value standpoint it's the best vacation you can buy. My parents are retired and probably go on three or four a year. They are on an email list with Carnival that alerts them when a cruise is offering discount tickets...which usually happens a couple of weeks before the ship leaves because they are trying to fill empty rooms. They recently went on a 7 day out of Galveston for under 400 bucks a ticket.

Yeah...on the cruise we went on my brother got in a long conversation with one of the staff members and he said the same thing. He also said that if you are married and plan to stay faithful to your spouse then working on a cruise line is not ideal. Everyone is sleeping with everyone.

Basketballgirl25
02-23-2010, 12:55 PM
There's nothing all that strange about going on a lot of cruises. From a value standpoint it's the best vacation you can buy. My parents are retired and probably go on three or four a year. They are on an email list with Carnival that alerts them when a cruise is offering discount tickets...which usually happens a couple of weeks before the ship leaves because they are trying to fill empty rooms. They recently went on a 7 day out of Galveston for under 400 bucks a ticket.

Yeah...on the cruise we went on my brother got in a long conversation with one of the staff members and he said the same thing. He also said that if you are married and plan to stay faithful to your spouse then working on a cruise line is not ideal. Everyone is sleeping with everyone.

yeah there is nothing strange about going on a lot of cruises. I got 99 dollar bounce back deals for two cruises I went on. If I didn't have them wouldn't have gone on any trip. I know more people who go on more cruises then me not just with DCL. Some just go on DCL, but others I know have been on lots of cruises on all the cruise lines you can name lol. I feel like I got nothing compared to some people.

funny you mention people who are married and work on a cruise ship. My friend Pikey(met him in 2005 and he has been on all my cruises, so have become friends) just married in November 2009 and him and his wife and leaving DCL to start a family, I can tell you I think he is more popular with people cruising Disney Cruise Line then basketball players are I asked people on my cruise if they knew who Lebron James, Jason Kidd, Kobe, or Dirk were and some of them didn't I ask if anyone knows Pikey, they all are like yup. I find that awesome. More popular then basketball players:lol

Basketballgirl25
02-23-2010, 12:57 PM
You are fortunate to get to go on so many cruises. I look forward to going on a cruise someday.

yeah I am fortunate to get to go so much

Viva Las Espuelas
02-23-2010, 02:02 PM
CNN) -- More than 300 passengers aboard a U.S. cruise ship came down with a gastrointestinal illness during what should have been a relaxing vacation through the Caribbean, a cruise line said. Celebrity Cruises ship Mercury departed Charleston, South Carolina, on February 15 and headed for the eastern Caribbean (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/Caribbean), according to a Celebrity Cruises statement.
On the way, 326 of the 1,838 passengers fell ill, along with 27 of the 849 crew members, the cruise line said.
The sickened passengers and crew have been given over-the-counter medicine and are responding well, Celebrity Cruises said.

have fun bbg25 :toast

Viva Las Espuelas
02-23-2010, 02:04 PM
i'm sure that happens. he told me about suicides and people literally going crazy on cruises. also, turning in to junkies.

Basketballgirl25
02-23-2010, 02:48 PM
CNN) -- More than 300 passengers aboard a U.S. cruise ship came down with a gastrointestinal illness during what should have been a relaxing vacation through the Caribbean, a cruise line said. Celebrity Cruises ship Mercury departed Charleston, South Carolina, on February 15 and headed for the eastern Caribbean (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/Caribbean), according to a Celebrity Cruises statement.
On the way, 326 of the 1,838 passengers fell ill, along with 27 of the 849 crew members, the cruise line said.
The sickened passengers and crew have been given over-the-counter medicine and are responding well, Celebrity Cruises said.

have fun bbg25 :toast

people can get sick anywhere just not on a cruise ship, just got to wash your hands and know what to do and not to do. Disney Cruise Line has kept their ships clean and as long as the cruise line has been around they have only had 1 time where it was really bad on the ship.

but thanks I will have fun