PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Parker practices, status undetermined

duncan228
02-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Parker practices, status undetermined (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/02/parker-practice.html)
By Jeff McDonald

Hobbling Spurs point guard Tony Parker participated in the team's light practice before leaving Philadelphia for Detroit this afternoon, and remains a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the Pistons.

Parker has been dealing with a litany of injuries this season, the most recently being a lingering hip flexor strain that has been bothering him since a Feb. 8 loss at the Los Angeles Lakers.

Limited to less than 27 minutes against Philadelphia, Parker scored two points on 1-of-9 shooting. It was his fewest points he had scored in game in which he'd logged at least five minutes in five seasons.

Muser
02-20-2010, 03:11 PM
This
Season
Sucks

Buddy Holly
02-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Hard.

smeagol
02-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Parker has been dealing with a litany of injuries this season

He should be gone, just like Manu, because they are both injured all the time . . .

spurs10
02-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Gone? no
Rested? yes
Deemed not fit to play basketball 12 months a year? Most definitely.

exstatic
02-20-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't think his status is undetermined at all: Gimpy with a chance of further suckiness.

TJastal
02-20-2010, 04:23 PM
I don't think his status is undetermined at all: Gimpy with a chance of further suckiness.

C'mon at least give it some rhyme, exstatic.

"Gimpy with a chance of furthur limpy"

:lol

exstatic
02-20-2010, 04:28 PM
C'mon at least give it some rhyme, exstatic.

"Gimpy with a chance of furthur limpy"

:lol

I was going more for "weather forecast" than step rhyming. :lol

Josepatches_
02-20-2010, 06:11 PM
I think Parker is going to have more & more problems evey year with rest or without rest.

He's not old but his legs had a lot of miles.And his style of play is very physical so when he has a little issue his performance goes down more than most of the players.
For example Duncan can survive in the NBA with his old knees but TP never could do it.His talent is his speed and quickness.

exstatic
02-20-2010, 07:07 PM
I think Parker is going to have more & more problems evey year with rest or without rest.

He's not old but his legs had a lot of miles.And his style of play is very physical so when he has a little issue his performance goes down more than most of the players.
For example Duncan can survive in the NBA with his old knees but TP never could do it.His talent is his speed and quickness.

Wrong. Tony would be fine if he would quit the French NT. He's still only 27, and would be elite now if he didn't have the PF.

It's all an academic argument, though. He won't quit the team, so, for different reasons than you stated (his fucking stubbornness), you're probably correct. His career is on a steep downward tilt.

MmP
02-20-2010, 07:34 PM
"If his body is falling apart trade his ass now that he still has some value" /stupidfanrant

exstatic
02-20-2010, 07:47 PM
"If his body is falling apart trade his ass now that he still has some value" /stupidfanrant

You'd wait until he has no value?

Let me make myself clear: I don't want to trade him because he has PF. I want to trade him because he has PF AND refuses to take time off this summer to let it heal, making it likely that next year will be a re-run of this year for him and the Spurs. His interests are no longer aligned with the interests of the team. Ship him out.

ElNono
02-20-2010, 08:54 PM
This has been the story of the season, much like last season.

Injuries happen. Sucks though...

dbreiden83080
02-20-2010, 09:15 PM
This
Season
Sucks

and then some... :depressed