spursfan05
05-01-2005, 12:21 AM
for the love of god

Walton Buys Off Me
05-01-2005, 12:22 AM
Barry was worthless as per usual tonight

Spurminator
05-01-2005, 12:24 AM
It's not like Manu would have gotten more minutes if he had started. His performance in the first few minutes after he came off the bench permanently swung the momentum to the Spurs.

FromWayDowntown
05-01-2005, 01:01 AM
Yeah, I agree with spurminator on this one. It doesn't matter who starts. Manu's energy at the 6 minute mark was crucial to changing the momentum tonight. I think putting Manu on the bench evens out the rotation and leaves far less time that the Spurs have to go without a legitimate scorer on the floor. So far, I can't see any reason to change this strategy.

GoSpurs21
05-01-2005, 02:05 AM
lets see Spurs 2-0 with Manu not starting, 0-1 with Manu starting

I go with the coaching staff vs no perfessional wins posters
at least until Denver series over or Spurs loss

Dre_7
05-01-2005, 02:10 AM
Manu off the bench until Devin Brown is healthy enough to get back in the rotation.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-01-2005, 02:21 AM
Barry was worthless as per usual tonight

he led us in assists didnt he

Obstructed_View
05-01-2005, 02:34 AM
It was perfect tonight having Manu come off the bench right as the Nuggets' adrenaline rush was wearing off. He and Rasho stabilized the team.

SuBZer0
05-01-2005, 02:44 AM
"It's not like Manu would have gotten more minutes if he had started"

He had 25 damn minutes - that's half the game...

But yeah, for this round, he should come off the bench, however, he will start next round

T Park
05-01-2005, 03:43 AM
Barry didn't shoot alot tonight, for some reason.

BUT, the Barry, Manu Beno combo in the 2nd quarter was deadly.

Keep the lineups the way they are for the rest of the year.

picnroll
05-01-2005, 03:47 AM
No way Manu should start. Like he said, he watched the game, saw what the Spurs were lacking, came in and supplied it, energy and aggression. Totally change the tone of the game from that point on. If he'd started he likely would have been stuck in the same morass as the rest of the Spurs. Buy a clue.

whottt
05-01-2005, 03:53 AM
Manu coming off the bench turned the momentum...but if he'd started who knows if the momentum would have needed to have been turned? Six one way half a dozen the other...

It was done primarily to get more out of Barry and as I predicted...Barry's problem is not the same one Hedo had, it made little or no difference tonight...but since starting he is initiating the offense more and with Manu coming off the bench Beno is doing it less...both of those things keep our offense from stagnating for too long...

I see this move as making no difference except for the fact that Manu and Barry both seem to be getting more minutes initiating the offense now, Manu doing it for the bench(which is very good IMO)...and Manu gets to rest in the early part of the 4th...but I will never understand why the rotations are so rigid. And I will never understand why we run 4 down when it isn't working...and it really wasn't working tonight...I felt sorry for Duncan because it just wasn't physically there.

But resting the early part of the 4th was was huge tonight...Manu was gassed before he went to the bench the last time...but when he came back he was able to make some plays to close out the game...

Oh and Barry didn't shoot much tonight because other than a couple time of setting up the offense and creating....he only touched the ball about 7 times the entire game it seemed...Neither Beno nor Parker look for Barry as much as they should.

T Park
05-01-2005, 03:55 AM
And I will never understand why we run 4 down when it isn't working

just because the shot wont fall, doesn't mean its not working.

If Duncan gets off a good shot, and it rattles around and doesn't fall, that isnt the play's fault, it just didnt fall.

whottt
05-01-2005, 03:58 AM
That play hurts us...it nearly cost us the game tonight...the Nuggets had it covered from every angle...and they mauled Duncan and if Barry hadn't called timeout on that one play where Duncan was trapped that could have been game...

Read Ludden's article...you know it's getting bad when even Ludden is saying we probably shouldn't run that play so often. Runnng it early is one thing...running it in the 4th is deadly. And I don't even think Duncan likes it...he was getting overwhelmed tonight...it just wasnt there and all the pressure was on him...

slayermin
05-01-2005, 03:58 AM
It can be argued that TD's game suffered because he didn't get as many minutes with Manu.

whottt
05-01-2005, 04:00 AM
Duncan was short on like 10 of the 19 shots he took tonight...it was a physical thing.

GoSpurs21
05-01-2005, 04:01 AM
agreed...when Tim is off, like tonight no reason to run 4 down....Pop needs to realize this before it cost the Spurs another loss like game 1

picnroll
05-01-2005, 04:02 AM
Damn Whottt, are you Barry's press agent?

Ginofan
05-01-2005, 04:03 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

whottt
05-01-2005, 04:04 AM
?

whottt
05-01-2005, 04:05 AM
Horry totally broke the offense in this game when he took those threes.....and if he hadn't we probably would have lost it.

slayermin
05-01-2005, 04:08 AM
Manu could create even easier looks for TD. A dunk or a layup could jump start TD's timing.

I agree that TD missed shots he normally hits. But if he isn't healthy, maybe Manu can help TD get on a roll.

timvp
05-01-2005, 04:09 AM
and they mauled Duncan and if Barry hadn't called timeout on that one play where Duncan was trapped that could have been game

:lmao

Whottt is a clown. Too bad it's an act now.

whottt
05-01-2005, 04:17 AM
I am not being a clown, I am serious...it was the play right after Miller got to the pass to Duncan before Duncan did...and stole the ball. Like I said...read the Harvey article...

Here...I'm not a big fan of Buck's but maybe he'll put it better than I can:

Where are they today? Thanks to Ginobili, right where they want to be.

It almost didn't happen. The Spurs were so determined to go to Duncan, no matter the result, they forgot about Ginobili.

Maybe this will change in coming years. But when Duncan is heading toward a 5-for-19 night, shouldn't the Spurs look to their other All-Star?

duncan2k5
05-01-2005, 04:20 AM
i think we should leave it as it is. like i said before if manu starts, the offense will be dead when he, tony and timmy sits down because no one can create their own shot. but when manu comes off the bench, he can create his own shot so the offense doesn't lose as much as it would have. its working for us. it won us a championship. why change it? plus manu is playing the big minutes anyway? someone who watched from three minutes into the game would not have been able to tell the difference. plus didnt barry hit a three? give the guy a chance, at least he is shooting. i remember two years ago when everyone was afraid to shoot until Pop had to bring in steve kerr.

boutons
05-01-2005, 06:47 AM
"plus didnt barry hit a three?"

He hit 1-3 3G's, and 3Gs were the only shots he took. Rasho played 9 minutes less that Brent, but also shot 1-3.

Brent ain't shooting, he ain't driving.
Bruce shot 1-3.
Bruce/Brent/Nazer did little on offense (3 starters score total of 12 points),
Tim sucked,
Tony sucked,
Nazr sucked,
Spurs win.

What an ugly, weird game.

=====================

edit: I forgot about Nazr totally. I wonder why?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-01-2005, 07:03 AM
"plus didnt barry hit a three?"

He hit 1-3 3G's, and 3Gs were the only shots he took. Rasho played 9 minutes less that Brent, but also shot 1-3.

Bruce shot 1-3.
Bruce/Brent did little on offense (2 starters score total of 7 points),
Tim sucked,
Tony sucked,
Spurs win.

What an ugly, weird game.

Bruce shot 1-3.
Bruce/Brent did little on offense (2 starters score total of 7 points),
Tim sucked,
Tony sucked,
MANU RULED
Spurs win.

lol, I'm depressed though, because if we play like last night again I don't think we'll survive the series, seriously! Even with Manu playing like he played, we need Tim to feel his way through the game, if he isn't feeling it then our offense needs to run through someone else, and it shouldn't take all game for us to figure that out.

boutons
05-01-2005, 07:15 AM
"if we play like last night again I don't think we'll survive the series, seriously!"

Well, if not this series, then some series, for sure. Spurs suck 2 out of 3 playoff games, and are lucky to be up 2-1, rather than 1-2. Not championship basketball.

Individual players, team overall, inconsistent as hell.

Pop MUST stop running the offense through Tim when Tim sucks.

And if Pop still does it, Tim has to realize when he sucks and pass the ball rather taking the most gawdawful clangers imaginable. He just throws the ball in the general direction of the backboard. How about shooting the fucking the thing?

How many possessions can the Spurs afford to waste forcing the ball into a sucking Tim, hoping he starts hitting some shots?

There are plenty of other ways for Tim to change the game POSITIVELY other than killing the offense repeatedly.

Great thing about his foul trouble last night was that it took him out of the game and let others win the game without him.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Great thing about his foul trouble last night was that it took him out of the game and let others win the game without him.
Agreed

JUUOT
05-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Contrary to other and influenced by the italian soccer school, i am convinced:
winning a game when you were really bad against a good team is the sign of a championship caliber.

if you can win this one and on the road!!! you are att the right place. they need as much time and game as they can on their way to the title to get this automatism they could not have due to injuries.

Concerning the 4 down i do not understand how spurs can play such a superb team defense and such a horryble team offense going 4 down, that might be adapted before but it seems it goes against their own nature.

Boutons you were the one saying all year we would not have the title if we could not win tough one one the road and now that they do... can you just show us a littl;e smile even if everything is not perfect?

boutons
05-01-2005, 08:55 AM
This win was ugly as hell, but it was on the road, so it is one of the few wins the Spurs have had on the road this year against good teams. It's a start. There are 10+ more playoff road games to get to the Title. I hope the ugliness was just a "random off-night", and not due to the Spurs On The Road. A win Monday night, and how could it be uglier than last night's W?, would go along way to redressing the Spurs' road weakness.

ducks
05-01-2005, 09:33 AM
spurs need some more tune up for sonics and houston
I think duncan is still not 100%