PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Anyone getting it?

Chomag
02-20-2010, 04:09 PM
I have noticed not much talk here about Bad Company 2. I just Downlaoded the demo and so far it seems pretty cool but I'm a prtty big noob as far as Multi-Player shooters go. Do any of you think it might be better then MW2? Anyone else here thinking of getting it?

BTW if anyone with a PS3 would like to add me as a friend my PSN is Useen77.

jman3000
02-20-2010, 05:36 PM
I'll definately be getting it. I don't like the auto healing they added, it takes away from the need to have the medics, but it'll still get my money.

DJ Mbenga
02-20-2010, 05:37 PM
hell yeah its superior to mw2

Shaolin-Style
02-20-2010, 06:22 PM
I'll definately be getting it. I don't like the auto healing they added, it takes away from the need to have the medics, but it'll still get my money.

The medics rez you though which is the big thing

Something bothers me maybe I'm stupid here I got the beta on the pc but I like keeping my sensitivity on my mouse kinda low for when I snipe for better accuracy

But if I hop into a vehicle I have to swipe my mouse several times just to move the crosshair reasonably far.

Is there no way to differentiate between vehicle sens and infantry sens?

duhoh
02-23-2010, 02:55 AM
The medics rez you though which is the big thing

Something bothers me maybe I'm stupid here I got the beta on the pc but I like keeping my sensitivity on my mouse kinda low for when I snipe for better accuracy

But if I hop into a vehicle I have to swipe my mouse several times just to move the crosshair reasonably far.

Is there no way to differentiate between vehicle sens and infantry sens?

yeah that was a big issue for me in other games, but then I got a new mouse recently (not just for BC2 btw) where it allows me to do on-the-fly DPI shifting, which pretty much means that I can just hit a button and raise the mouse's DPI.

A lot of the logitech gaming mice have this feature. Mine in particular is the G500. Shaped like the awesome G5/G7, with G9 features and a much lower price tag.

Very useful for FPS games.

ynh
02-28-2010, 01:44 AM
Great move by DICE to take the demo down with a week to go.. really build up the antisipation of the people (like myself) that were playing that demo every day.

This game is amazing... At first I wasn't sure if I liked it.. then I stopped playing like MW2 and played it like it was supposed to be played and loved it. Great thing is I have Tuesday off!

rayray2k8
03-10-2010, 12:20 PM
This game is full of WIN!
The only problem I've had with this game are the snipers and their stupid motar strike.
That itself promotes camping from far away.
But a good way I've gotten them to change class is to rocket snipe them with the CARL GUSTOV missle launcher. :lol
Works everytime. :D

PSN
o-_HeLLsPaWn_-o

IronMexican
03-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Reached level 9 this morning.

symple19
03-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah, this game is pretty good. I'm only at the beginning of the Bolivian levels.

Graphics are great, but it's yet another overly linear shooter. This game could be so much more if it had more of an open-world feel to it. I'm also afraid that the whole single player campaign will be about as long as MW2. IOW, far too short.

The destructibility is outstanding

The dialogue is funny as hell, very well done.

IronMexican
03-10-2010, 12:54 PM
This game has a single player? lol

symple19
03-10-2010, 12:56 PM

can't play MP, didn't buy it

rayray2k8
03-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Yeah, this game is pretty good. I'm only at the beginning of the Bolivian levels.

Graphics are great, but it's yet another overly linear shooter. This game could be so much more if it had more of an open-world feel to it. I'm also afraid that the whole single player campaign will be about as long as MW2. IOW, far too short.

The destructibility is outstanding

The dialogue is funny as hell, very well done.

It was short but they never explained what happened to the gold from part 1. I love how they take a few shots at MW2.
It's pretty obvious that there will be a third installment.

can't play MP, didn't buy it

I assume you have the pc version?

rayray2k8
03-10-2010, 01:50 PM

:lol

redzero
03-10-2010, 01:55 PM
After spending weeks of in-game time playing Modern Warfare, MW2 got boring soon because it was the same old rodeo as before. I guess I'll play Bad Company 2, because I never played the first one.

symple19
03-10-2010, 02:03 PM
I assume you have the pc version?

you assume correct sir

I may buy it after awhile if the community grows enough and they've had time to work all the kinks out via patches.

It also seems it has the ability for dedicated servers, which is crucial for me.

rayray2k8
03-10-2010, 11:26 PM
you assume correct sir

I may buy it after awhile if the community grows enough and they've had time to work all the kinks out via patches.

It also seems it has the ability for dedicated servers, which is crucial for me.

Just get the multi-player, you wont regret it. Plus the dark humor of the game will keep you coming back for more and more. :tu
The deaths always crack me up as the bodies do face plants, fall/slide off hills and get catapulted in the air or into a wall after a near by explosion. :lol
Battlefield veterans know what I'm talking about.

symple19
03-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Just get the multi-player, you wont regret it. Plus the dark humor of the game will keep you coming back for more and more. :tu
The deaths always crack me up as the bodies do face plants, fall/slide off hills and get catapulted in the air or into a wall after a near by explosion. :lol
Battlefield veterans know what I'm talking about.

The more I play it the more I like it

"No, they'll just send in some special-ops douchebags with pussy ass heartbeat monitors" :lmao:lmao Fuck MW2 :lol:lol

I'm definitely going to buy it, and soon - It's superior to MW2 in every way (Only comparing SP because I refused to buy MW2), from sound to graphics. The engine is fantastic, and some of the environments match Crysis for sheer beauty.

This is the first DICE shooter I've played, and I think they have a new fan for life. Can't wait to get into the MP once I buy it

z0sa
03-11-2010, 12:37 AM
Battlefield games have always been about the multiplayer. I spent tons of time flying planes in BF1942.

duhoh
03-11-2010, 08:59 PM
this game is frickin fantastic.

lol @ the kiddies who think MW2 is so 1337

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Yeah I played the demo and beta on the PS3 and it was amazing. I would just turn up the volume and listen to the sounds because they are so detailed

rayray2k8
03-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Servers are going down for an extended amount of time as far as PS3 users go. Hope they fix the store issue and giving recon motor strike gadget was the biggest mistake DICE has ever done.

Shaolin-Style
03-13-2010, 03:31 AM
It took some growing on me since I didn't think it was as good as Battlefield 2 even after all these years it's been out but I'm liking it just as much now.

I only play rush mode pretty much.

SAtown
03-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Anyone get late/random kills with hand grenades? I swear, every 6-7 matches or so I end up getting random points for HG kills. Is it because some grenades don't detonate? Maybe it's a glitch??

Cry Havoc
03-17-2010, 12:35 PM
This will be my next purchase after Demon's Souls, which I've yet to buy.

On my must own list:

1. Demon's Souls
2. Bad Company 2
3. God of War III
4. Uncharted 2

I'm thinking about playing Eve: Online as well.

MiamiHeat
03-17-2010, 02:45 PM
nope

played the first one, didn't like it

played the demo for the 2nd one, didn't like it

no thx.

the ground combat sucks ass, yes there are cool vehicles, but you die too fast in them. there's too much running around pointlessly, and after all the running, bam you die.

have to get all the way back again.

not my kind of game.

duhoh
03-18-2010, 01:40 AM
this game is not for rushers. joining a squad will ease the pain of running around so much though.

medics awesome to have nearby though. werd.

MiamiHeat
03-18-2010, 03:06 AM
i will admit, the remote control UAV's with mounted weapons are awesome tho

that should have been a MW2 killstreak reward. remote control aerial vehicle thing, i would fly inside buildings and shoot it up, just fun,

IronMexican
03-18-2010, 02:05 PM
this game is not for rushers. joining a squad will ease the pain of running around so much though.

medics awesome to have nearby though. werd.

Being a medic on that desert level is awesome. Once they destroy the first base, and you are inside Alpha for the second part, just throw medkits inside and rack up points. This tank kept shooting inside and I was racking up points. This post probably made no sense, so whatever.

duhoh
03-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Being a medic on that desert level is awesome. Once they destroy the first base, and you are inside Alpha for the second part, just throw medkits inside and rack up points. This tank kept shooting inside and I was racking up points. This post probably made no sense, so whatever.

lol i do that too.

what i like doing on that level though is to play an engineer on attack and trail behind a tank. when it gets hit, i'm immediately repairing it. i've got 10K points one round because of that :lol

DJ Mbenga
03-19-2010, 09:53 PM
im no point whore, but my god its so easy to snipe at times. it was a beautiful thing to snipe a guy on that helicopter the other day.

resistanze
03-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Shit, I was about to pop this in and forgot that my Live subscription ran out.

jman3000
03-26-2010, 11:47 PM
SP was lame. None of the humor of the first, and the huge levels were replaced with more linear ones. Gay.

MP is what it's all about though, but until I get my 10002 kills in BFBC1 I can't bring myself to play 2's MP. I hope the weapon selection is better than I think it's going to be.

jman3000
03-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Holy shit the MP is awesome. The guns have a good feel and the recoil effect nicely discourages shooters from just holding down the trigger. I still don't have a good feel for the maps, but damn it's fun.

No chance of being a successful rambo at this game because the emphasis on teamwork is so blatant. If you've got it on xbox hit me up.

DJ Mbenga
03-29-2010, 02:26 AM
Holy shit the MP is awesome. The guns have a good feel and the recoil effect nicely discourages shooters from just holding down the trigger. I still don't have a good feel for the maps, but damn it's fun.

No chance of being a successful rambo at this game because the emphasis on teamwork is so blatant. If you've got it on xbox hit me up.

you havent met the medics with the m60 yet.

jman3000
03-29-2010, 11:47 AM
There were medics with M60's in the first one. They had mortar strike and a repair tool so they were even more deadly.

I've only unlocked like 2 things so far, but I found this silenced scoped smg on some dude I killed and it was so bad ass I've only played engineer since so I can unlock that mofo faster.

DJ Mbenga
03-29-2010, 07:31 PM
There were medics with M60's in the first one. They had mortar strike and a repair tool so they were even more deadly.

I've only unlocked like 2 things so far, but I found this silenced scoped smg on some dude I killed and it was so bad ass I've only played engineer since so I can unlock that mofo faster.

wait till you get the anti tank mines. lol so funny to run around defending B and then just see "double kill", enemy tank destroyed, defender. so many points.

duhoh
03-30-2010, 10:41 PM
i just got a headshot with a repair tool today :lol

IronMexican
04-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Been playing a lot better lately. I had a .89 kill death for a long time. And for a while I was stuck at .93. Two days I ago I had almost 26 hundred deaths and 2350 kills. I thought I would never get to 1.0. I got to it today, with the help of a 48 and 17 game.

duhoh
04-19-2010, 12:07 AM
good stuff IM.

my brother got some road kills with a UAV :lol

IronMexican
04-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Hahah, didn't even know that could happen. What mode does everyone play? I've played Rush only. Like 5 matches total for all other modes.

duhoh
04-19-2010, 04:20 PM
i love rush, unless you have c4 spamming going on.

DJ Mbenga
04-19-2010, 10:55 PM
rush is awesome, but yes some people have begun to realize that c4 spamming on the base is the way to go. the worst offenders are the ones that spam c4 on the uav and go for kamikazee attacks

duhoh
04-21-2010, 01:26 AM
rush is awesome, but yes some people have begun to realize that c4 spamming on the base is the way to go. the worst offenders are the ones that spam c4 on the uav and go for kamikazee attacks

i've only seen that a few times but i've that tactic on a vehicle (atv, humvee) and that running into a bombsite and that becomes a done deal.

makes the game too easy for the attacker :lol

the C2 is starting to become like the CoD's noobtube a little bit

sabar
04-21-2010, 05:24 AM
I'd be more fun if every death wasn't to a grenade launcher, carl gustav, or M60. Then you have half of both teams sniping on top of it.

jman3000
04-29-2010, 03:56 PM
http://g.bfbcs.com/3345/360_jman4421.png

I love the stuff in the update.

They lowered the power of the m-60. lowered the kill radius of the noob tube and gustav. and made the tracer dart go faster.

I've read a lot of stuff about people bitching how when you shoot down a chopper the occupants have forever to bail and parachute to safety... but if you tracer dart a copter and have a gustav with mk2 explosives... 80% of the time the explosion will take out all the occupants.

I haven't even silver starred the gustav or noob tube... so im not a cheap player.

duhoh
04-29-2010, 10:11 PM
the update was great, but the knife hit detection has gotten pretty risky. i don't know if i'll get the kill or if they finally notice me and get me :lol

jman3000
04-30-2010, 03:33 AM
yeah... the knife thing is kinda gay. ive knifed a dude in the head before (you hear the ping) and no dice. i think i have 250 knife hits and only 140 kills. not sure if they count breaking doors as a hit.

rayray2k8
04-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Finals week is coming up. But after that, it's back to the battlefield. :toast

jman3000
04-30-2010, 04:11 PM
had a nice 32-2 game last night. got 3 8 kill streak pins in that one match.

jman3000
05-02-2010, 08:26 PM
bumped my kd to above 1.5. new best weapon is the knife with 152 kills/tags taken. The 9a-91 avtomat is godly when used right. 20 round mag sucks.. but the thing is a beast up close and personal.

duhoh
05-07-2010, 12:47 AM
m14 :td :td

hate that thing. took me forever to get a gold star.

jman3000
05-09-2010, 12:59 AM
M14 is shit. The way the damn thing jumps when you're using the iron sights makes it damn near useless. If they lowered the kick and increased the damage output, I'd probably use it a bit more... and increase the clip size to 20.

SAtown
05-09-2010, 03:34 AM
I'll admit, it's wayyyy too much fun playing Hardcore Conquest or whatever with Recon, Shotgun, and the perk that reduces damage but increases range for shotguns. I'm literally sniping people with a shotgun

This game is amazing

Sense
05-09-2010, 05:17 AM
I'll admit, it's wayyyy too much fun playing Hardcore Conquest or whatever with Recon, Shotgun, and the perk that reduces damage but increases range for shotguns. I'm literally sniping people with a shotgun

This game is amazing

can someone explain what the difference is between hardcore and ... not hardcore?

i still dont get it.

duhoh
05-09-2010, 10:17 AM
HC - no UI (no map unless you hit ESC, no crosshairs, no ammo # on screen), easier to kill/be killed, FF on, pretty much a more realistic setting.

i got sniped the other day as a recon by a NS2000 shotty. ragequit :lol

jman3000
05-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Hardcore has a misleading name because there's nothing really that hardcore about it. You can be a nooby sniper with any bolt action and shoot someone in the leg and bam... it's a kill.

Should be called noobcore.... heyo!

On a side note, I'm not going to play until Tuesday because apparently EA is adding some servers. There's been a really, really, really bad lag and it makes simple things like running in a straight line a chore. Shit like walking through fences, getting thrown back 10 feet, and shooting at a team of Nightcrawlers were SOP the last couple weeks.

4>0rings
05-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Game sucks.

sabar
05-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Yeah hardcore is pretty much noobcore, everything kills in 1-2 hits.

BTW M60 and noob tube still dominate after the patch. They should just make it so your grenades don't get refilled by ammo boxes. It is really easy to just lob them everywhere behind some cover.

PP2000, AK74u, M60, XM-8, M24 are all very accurate and damaging.

Knife is so glitchy that I just shoot. Its funny because you hear the knife plunging into them and you make a stabbing motion and nothing happens.

jman3000
05-16-2010, 11:12 PM
It's pretty funny reading the BC forums and seeing how all the people who used the hell out of the m-60 when it was overpowered are now all of a sudden ashamed.

I don't even think I had 100 kills with the damn thing pre-patch.

Clutch
05-17-2010, 04:41 PM
I rented this and was disappointed you could only play the campaign. I was debating on waiting it out and buying the PC version instead of buying the PS3 version. Any opinions between platforms?

Sense
05-17-2010, 05:07 PM
I rented this and was disappointed you could only play the campaign. I was debating on waiting it out and buying the PC version instead of buying the PS3 version. Any opinions between platforms?

people still rent?

I don't know about difference between console and pc.... but there's no way that Console FPS is better than PC FPS. I have this game for PC and it's awesome.

Clutch
05-17-2010, 05:14 PM
I normally rent just to make sure I don't waste $60 on a crap game. I normally like shooter games on PC more. I played the first Modern Warfare game on PC for many years but had Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360. I have to say I prefer the mouse and keyboard feel more than the controller. Not to mention I like not having to pay for a yearly online subscription.

Is Bad Company 2 have dedicated servers or is it set up like console? (like Modern Warefare 2 did)

Sense
05-17-2010, 07:32 PM
I normally rent just to make sure I don't waste $60 on a crap game. I normally like shooter games on PC more. I played the first Modern Warfare game on PC for many years but had Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360. I have to say I prefer the mouse and keyboard feel more than the controller. Not to mention I like not having to pay for a yearly online subscription.

Is Bad Company 2 have dedicated servers or is it set up like console? (like Modern Warefare 2 did)

It does have dedicated servers...

Cry Havoc
05-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Loving BC2 for the PC! One of the most stunning games I've ever seen from a visual perspective, but this game is a serious performance hog. Still, got everything set to high, so I'm good to rumble.

Sometimes the gameplay seems to bog down, but overall it feels pretty fluid. Dropping someone with a sniper rifle is as satisfying as it gets. :tu

duhoh
05-17-2010, 09:10 PM
beastin with jihad jeeping lately :lol

(plant c4 on vehicle, and drive it into an enemy tank, or infantry, exit early, then boom!)

jman3000
05-18-2010, 10:29 PM
damn. had a game earlier when I went like 2-13 for the first 2 stages of Isla Inocentes. Then I switched to engineer and went nuts. 4 Bradleys, 2 Blackhawks, a handful of UAV's, and about 20 or so gun kills. All on the last stand part. Ended with like 29-15. Not eye popping, but if you only count the last stage, I went 27-2.

Cry Havoc
05-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Absolutely LOVING this game. Holy crap, it's sweet. I've had problems with glitchy spotting, but other than that... phenomenal experience. I'm going to take a screenshot of the game on high detail and post it tonight.... the level of detail is flooring.

jman3000
05-20-2010, 07:06 PM
knife is still complete shit. Sometimes you can knife from 8 feet away... others you can plunge the thing right between their eyes and do nothing.

p.s.

Gun emplacement at the army base on the 2nd phase of nelson bay + team mates who spot and throw motion balls = yay.

duhoh
05-21-2010, 02:40 PM
yeah, the last major patch botched the knife up quite a bit, and the patch coming (which is already out for consoles) is gonna remove the modifications they did, and bring back the old knifing (which no one really had legitimate issues with)

Clutch
05-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Better to buy the PC version or PS3?

Cry Havoc
05-21-2010, 04:05 PM

It's a first person shooter.

PC. Every time, unless you're running on a gimped computer.

Game plays beautifully on my Radeon 4870.

Clutch
05-21-2010, 04:13 PM
I've got a Dell Dimension E510. (http://www.cedarpc.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=3040) Runs Call of Duty perfect. It's freakish how fast computers lose their value. I bought this computer for $1,200 four years ago and now you can get it online for just over $100. What the hell?

Cry Havoc
05-21-2010, 05:19 PM
I've got a Dell Dimension E510. (http://www.cedarpc.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=3040) Runs Call of Duty perfect. It's freakish how fast computers lose their value. I bought this computer for $1,200 four years ago and now you can get it online for just over $100. What the hell?

That cost you $1,200 four years ago?

I've got a Laptop that's around 42 months old, and it has way, way better specs than that machine. Even 4 years ago, 128 meg of video ram was paltry for a desktop.

You can build a very respectable gaming PC for $700 these days. Prices are continuing to fall.

Clutch
05-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Different specs I was just showing you the machine. I don't even remember the specs, I upgraded memory, hard drive and video card right after I bought it.

Clutch
05-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Four years ago, I upgraded to..

1 TB of hard drive space
2 gig of memory
x850xt video card. - This was around $400 at the time

duhoh
05-23-2010, 12:40 AM

well, PC = superior FPS experience
(mouse+keyboard dominates a little stick on a controller)
laggy hit detection at times

PS3 = no hacks? (not really an issue for me on PC though)

Xolotl
05-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Has anybody noticed lag issues for about the past month on the 360?

jman3000
05-28-2010, 04:33 AM
lag's been pretty bad... almost makes it unplayable at times. apparently they're working on it so I guess it'll be a bit longer.

jman3000
05-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Finally learned the maps a bit better. jumped my W/L ratio to the mid .70's to almost even.

again... if anybody on the 360 wants to get some matches in let me know.

jman3000
06-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Finally found some people with mics to play with. Great experience. Your 4 man squad becomes nearly unstoppable if you're each a different class and actually work together.

jman3000
06-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Anybody looking forward to BC2: Vietnam? I don't really know what to expect, so I'm kinda mixed about it.

4>0rings
06-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Anybody looking forward to BC2: Vietnam? I don't really know what to expect, so I'm kinda mixed about it.I just hope they fix their servers and give it more silky gameplay mechanics like MW2. If BC2 had no lag servers and smooth gameplay... game of the year.

Cry Havoc
06-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Finally found some people with mics to play with. Great experience. Your 4 man squad becomes nearly unstoppable if you're each a different class and actually work together.

Add me man, we'll rumble.

CryHavoc

firesights
AT
gmail
dot
com

Avitus1
06-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Just ordered this game... can't wait to play it..

DarkReign
06-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Downloaded it last night. Will play tonight. Gonna hit you up, CH, after I complete whatever SP mode the game has.

Sense
06-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Downloaded it last night. Will play tonight. Gonna hit you up, CH, after I complete whatever SP mode the game has.

You're planning on finishing the SP in a few hours?

I keep going back to it, I think I'm closed to finishing it but I just can't get enough of the Multiplayer...

btw my in game name is

Sense:: :

migueldeluna on steam

DarkReign
06-18-2010, 03:14 PM
You're planning on finishing the SP in a few hours?

I keep going back to it, I think I'm closed to finishing it but I just can't get enough of the Multiplayer...

btw my in game name is

Sense:: :

migueldeluna on steam

Oh snap, thought you were on a console?

Cool...you'll be my first Steam friend. Aint that special?

Yeah, me neither.

I'll have to figure out how to invite later.

MiamiHeat
06-18-2010, 03:23 PM
ive had this game for a couple weeks now..... xbox 360

pretty good, but the lag is terrible. EA servers come and go, they suck.

game is fun though, but I absolutely H-A-T-E the squad vocom system. to be able to only speak to 3 other teammates IN THE WHOLE GAME is shitty.

and on top of that, if you hate to depend on friend lists to play games, if you are a pick up and play whenever the fuck you want gamer, you will not like this game.

seeing as you can only speak to 3 other people, chances are, nobody else has a microphone.

those that do, are in party chat.

it's really an asbolute terrible decision. for such a team based game, the voice communication sucks ass.

Cry Havoc
06-18-2010, 04:03 PM

Yeah, me neither.

Add me too. I'll PM you my steam ID.

Cry Havoc
06-18-2010, 04:04 PM
game is fun though, but I absolutely H-A-T-E the squad vocom system. to be able to only speak to 3 other teammates IN THE WHOLE GAME is shitty.

and on top of that, if you hate to depend on friend lists to play games, if you are a pick up and play whenever the fuck you want gamer, you will not like this game.

seeing as you can only speak to 3 other people, chances are, nobody else has a microphone.

those that do, are in party chat.

it's really an asbolute terrible decision. for such a team based game, the voice communication sucks ass.

Do you realize what it would be like if you were on a team and 25 people had mics? It would be impossible to talk.

I love the squad based combat. You just have to find teammates that you can play with.

Nathan Explosion
06-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Do you realize what it would be like if you were on a team and 25 people had mics? It would be impossible to talk.

I love the squad based combat. You just have to find teammates that you can play with.

I've played Big Team Halo matches that have quite a few people on teams. Not near 25, but quite a few talking all at once. You just learn how to communicate through it and whoever wants to work together does so.

4>0rings
06-18-2010, 08:00 PM
[quote=MiamiHeat;4432053

[/quote]That's the point. They only want you to communicate with your squad, promotes better team play.

MiamiHeat
06-18-2010, 10:14 PM

Bad Company 2 only supports 24 total people online, thats what it says on the back of the game box.

so 24 / 2 = 12.

only 12 people talking at once

jman3000
06-19-2010, 12:27 AM
12 people at once would be atrocious. It's gets bad enough when there's 4 people calling out positions and asking for ammo/health at once. I've had my best games when it's just 3 people on my squad.

Also, if you're not in a squad, you go into a non-squad room. Basically you can talk to everybody else who isn't in a squad. The main problem being is that you can't spawn on them and you don't get extra points for team play.

jman3000
06-19-2010, 12:28 AM
I need to start getting platinums. It took me a while to get all bronze stars... but I guess it helps in the long run because each gun has its own feel and learning curve.

Sense
06-19-2010, 02:03 AM

Yeah, me neither.

Nope... don't own a console, the adding is kind of tricky... I've had some friends add me and the invite never gets there.

DarkReign
06-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Where's that PM, foo?!

This game is the shit, btw.

Added you, Sense

DarkReign
06-19-2010, 02:35 PM
BTW, my STeam ID is

darkreign24

In-game name is...

xDarkReign

DarkReign
07-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Bad.

Ass.

Game.

Ive fully unlocked Assault, Medic and Engineer. Only have 2 guns left to unlock in Recon.

Play the hell out of SDM and will trick it up every now and then in some Rush or Conquest.

I sucked real bad in the beginning, not so much anymore. My global k/d ratio is about 1.25, but thats only because when I started playing I was horrible and would average 10 deaths to every 1 kill.

Now I go, on average, 3-1 or 4-1. The game never clicked for me until I tried the medic class. For whatever reason, I didnt do well with Assault. The moment I got a LMG in my hands, everything came together. Now, Im good with everything and average with Recon (even that, surprisingly, Im getting better at...never been a good sniper, still arent, but Im average and thats an improvement).

mingus
07-06-2010, 05:08 PM
could never get into this game. couple of reasons come to mind: i sucked really, really, bad at it and i thought the gameplay was clunky (compared to Call of Duty) and the maps too big.

MiamiHeat
07-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Bad.

Ass.

Game.

Ive fully unlocked Assault, Medic and Engineer. Only have 2 guns left to unlock in Recon.

Play the hell out of SDM and will trick it up every now and then in some Rush or Conquest.

I sucked real bad in the beginning, not so much anymore. My global k/d ratio is about 1.25, but thats only because when I started playing I was horrible and would average 10 deaths to every 1 kill.

Now I go, on average, 3-1 or 4-1. The game never clicked for me until I tried the medic class. For whatever reason, I didnt do well with Assault. The moment I got a LMG in my hands, everything came together. Now, Im good with everything and average with Recon (even that, surprisingly, Im getting better at...never been a good sniper, still arent, but Im average and thats an improvement).

nvm, you only play PC

thought u were on XBOX

Cry Havoc
07-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Added you guys tonight. Would have earlier, but I've been camping for 9ish days and just got back.

Had a pretty good night. Only a level 4 medic (5 now), I had three rounds in a row with the best score on the server, the last of which my team lost and I finished 1100 points of the guy next to me on my team. I think I'm starting to get the hang of the role of the medic in-game.

:tu This is a total blast to play.

jman3000
07-11-2010, 07:01 PM
I got my kd up to 1.86 ... then had a few bad rounds and I haven't picked it up since. started playing mw2 for a bit... but holy shit the camping is so atrocious it makes me want to rage quit every time.

Onslaught mode is fun as hell though. it was pretty tough, even on normal mode.

DarkReign
07-12-2010, 09:05 AM
I was on some real-life Marine Clan's server yesterday. Ive been concentrating on playing recon to unlock the last gun (M95, i think?), but I only do it on maps that make sense.

Anyway, playing recon on Laguna, kicking major ass. The clan that owns the server has about 6-7 guys on two separate teams. I noticed I had a good score and one other guy had a good score, in comparison.

So the next map rotation I told the other guy to join our squad, give us a chance. We wtfpwnd them like 50-25-23 (whatever, less than 30). No big deal, at least not to me or my teammates. They didnt like it. They didnt complain, but they were obviously pissed.

Next match, same map, worse result. We had 30 kills in the first 5 mins. Final score 50-18-15 (or something like that, they didnt break 20). Now theyre vocally pissed. I ignore it, not my server, dont care, their tears quench my thirst.

Again, same map, same teams only it seems they wont kill each other, only us (basically you have two squads working together against one). Complete ass-whooping, again. They did the best they could and I think one of the squads broke 30 kills. The score was 47-whatever-whatever. We needed three more kills.

Im sniping by the water bridge and hut, doing my thing. 3 guys, one squad roll up on me, one of them notices me, but its too late. I knifed him, turned around with my 1911 handgun and smoked the next guy in a brief firefight, all while the medic of their squad is spamming his LMG (and missing wildly). I ran out of ammo, so I quickly picked up the kit on the ground (Assault) and smoked the medic with his buddy's gun. We win, 50-whatever-whatever.

Same map, next game, I spawn and my screen flicks to the server browser with this message...

"You have been kicked by the server administrator. The reason: FUCKING BULLSHIT!"

:lmao Im going back there to day to laugh out loud and start shit.

Cry Havoc
07-12-2010, 09:29 AM
I was on some real-life Marine Clan's server yesterday. Ive been concentrating on playing recon to unlock the last gun (M95, i think?), but I only do it on maps that make sense.

Anyway, playing recon on Laguna, kicking major ass. The clan that owns the server has about 6-7 guys on two separate teams. I noticed I had a good score and one other guy had a good score, in comparison.

So the next map rotation I told the other guy to join our squad, give us a chance. We wtfpwnd them like 50-25-23 (whatever, less than 30). No big deal, at least not to me or my teammates. They didnt like it. They didnt complain, but they were obviously pissed.

Next match, same map, worse result. We had 30 kills in the first 5 mins. Final score 50-18-15 (or something like that, they didnt break 20). Now theyre vocally pissed. I ignore it, not my server, dont care, their tears quench my thirst.

Again, same map, same teams only it seems they wont kill each other, only us (basically you have two squads working together against one). Complete ass-whooping, again. They did the best they could and I think one of the squads broke 30 kills. The score was 47-whatever-whatever. We needed three more kills.

Im sniping by the water bridge and hut, doing my thing. 3 guys, one squad roll up on me, one of them notices me, but its too late. I knifed him, turned around with my 1911 handgun and smoked the next guy in a brief firefight, all while the medic of their squad is spamming his LMG (and missing wildly). I ran out of ammo, so I quickly picked up the kit on the ground (Assault) and smoked the medic with his buddy's gun. We win, 50-whatever-whatever.

Same map, next game, I spawn and my screen flicks to the server browser with this message...

"You have been kicked by the server administrator. The reason: FUCKING BULLSHIT!"

:lmao Im going back there to day to laugh out loud and start shit.

Nice, man. As I've said, I'm only level 6 right now, starting to work my way up. How much better are the guns at the far end of the unlocks? Are they worth really going for? Or do they top around around the medium level?

I gotta say, the medic's gun can be deadly accurate if you get a guy who's not moving much across your screen. Line it up and tap mouse 1 about twice a second and enemies go down hard.

DarkReign
07-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Nice, man. As I've said, I'm only level 6 right now, starting to work my way up. How much better are the guns at the far end of the unlocks? Are they worth really going for? Or do they top around around the medium level?

Yes, yes and yes. All the guns have their advantages and disadvantages, at every level of unlock, but its safe to say once you get to the medium level guns, you'll find your favorite and it wont matter what gets unlocked after that.

What will matter, however, are the unlocks associated with the class. The scopes, ammunition upgrades, magazine upgrades (the gadgets), etc all make a huge difference depending on your playstyle.

In the assault class, the M416 is my favorite. Fully auto for CQC spamming, equipped with a red dot or 4x scope.

Medic class, Type88 LMG.

Recon, so far, my fav is also the Type88. Reason being is its semi-automatic, non-bolt action. If you play Hardcore, bolt-action may be the best way to go as they are generally much stronger. But in non-HC, you have to get a headshot for "one shot, one kill"...for me, this doesnt happen often. So I need to be able to shoot as much as possible without having to go through the whole "bolt-action cycle" animation.

Engineer, AKS-74U and a Gustav rocket launcher. Youll get the occasional grief for using the Gustav, but whatever.

Gadgets and loadouts of each of the classes with determine everything. Youll find your sweetspot.

Are you playing mostly Assault class? I dont know why, but I struggled mightily when I first started playing the game. I went assault and didnt do well...at all....really bad.

After unlocking the entire assault class, I moved on to medic and its been one gradual incline of success since. Dont ask why, I do not know, but the LMG Type 88 I can basically snipe with. Its the most accurate non-scoped LMG in the game, but it doesnt pack a big punch. The last LMG unlock in the medic class comes equipped with standard scope and I see a lot of people using it for that reason, but I dont like it.

The Type88 is my preference because its accurate and it carries a 200 round magazine.

I gotta say, the medic's gun can be deadly accurate if you get a guy who's not moving much across your screen. Line it up and tap mouse 1 about twice a second and enemies go down hard.

Bingo, exactly. Its a game of small movements with interspersed scouting. You basically run from one area of cover to the next, so you'll catch a lot of people doing the same thing. An LMG in the right hands (and I played you in COD4, youre going to be fine) is deadly.

If I were to give you a suggestion, as if you need one, if you find yourself struggling early as an Assault class, switch to Medic until you get your bearings and learn the maps. Once you feel real confident in your game, swicth back to Assault to get your unlocks there.

IMPORTANT: In case you didnt know, efficency with guns makes a big difference. As you get kills with one gun, you'll get Bronze, Silver and Gold stars for that gun. Thats what you see when someone kills you and their gun has a star with a number next to it. Each gold star with any weapon yields 5000 pts toward rank. Very useful. ALL weapons are tracked in this matter, from your class guns all the way to Defibulator, Mortar, Knife, AT Mines, etc. If you can kill with it, it has stars attached to it.

DarkReign
07-12-2010, 10:47 AM
try this link.

http://battlefieldbadass.com/equipment/

Cry Havoc
07-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Yes, yes and yes. All the guns have their advantages and disadvantages, at every level of unlock, but its safe to say once you get to the medium level guns, you'll find your favorite and it wont matter what gets unlocked after that.

What will matter, however, are the unlocks associated with the class. The scopes, ammunition upgrades, magazine upgrades (the gadgets), etc all make a huge difference depending on your playstyle.

In the assault class, the M416 is my favorite. Fully auto for CQC spamming, equipped with a red dot or 4x scope.

Medic class, Type88 LMG.

Recon, so far, my fav is also the Type88. Reason being is its semi-automatic, non-bolt action. If you play Hardcore, bolt-action may be the best way to go as they are generally much stronger. But in non-HC, you have to get a headshot for "one shot, one kill"...for me, this doesnt happen often. So I need to be able to shoot as much as possible without having to go through the whole "bolt-action cycle" animation.

Engineer, AKS-74U and a Gustav rocket launcher. Youll get the occasional grief for using the Gustav, but whatever.

Gadgets and loadouts of each of the classes with determine everything. Youll find your sweetspot.

Are you playing mostly Assault class? I dont know why, but I struggled mightily when I first started playing the game. I went assault and didnt do well...at all....really bad.

After unlocking the entire assault class, I moved on to medic and its been one gradual incline of success since. Dont ask why, I do not know, but the LMG Type 88 I can basically snipe with. Its the most accurate non-scoped LMG in the game, but it doesnt pack a big punch. The last LMG unlock in the medic class comes equipped with standard scope and I see a lot of people using it for that reason, but I dont like it.

The Type88 is my preference because its accurate and it carries a 200 round magazine.

Bingo, exactly. Its a game of small movements with interspersed scouting. You basically run from one area of cover to the next, so you'll catch a lot of people doing the same thing. An LMG in the right hands (and I played you in COD4, youre going to be fine) is deadly.

If I were to give you a suggestion, as if you need one, if you find yourself struggling early as an Assault class, switch to Medic until you get your bearings and learn the maps. Once you feel real confident in your game, swicth back to Assault to get your unlocks there.

IMPORTANT: In case you didnt know, efficency with guns makes a big difference. As you get kills with one gun, you'll get Bronze, Silver and Gold stars for that gun. Thats what you see when someone kills you and their gun has a star with a number next to it. Each gold star with any weapon yields 5000 pts toward rank. Very useful. ALL weapons are tracked in this matter, from your class guns all the way to Defibulator, Mortar, Knife, AT Mines, etc. If you can kill with it, it has stars attached to it.

Awesome. Thanks for the extended response.

Right now I'm only playing medic. Most of the time I don't see squads outfitted with medics, and I've literally turned entire battles around with a few well-placed zaps. Considering I'm not even really that skilled at the class yet, I think it's a solid person to be playing. The medic can heal everyone, zap people, and still has a very decent weapon.

I'll probably go assault after medic, because I want the ability to tactically sharpshoot people a la COD4.

I'm halfway to the M60 unlock, and I'm going to jump over to that as soon as I get it... I've read in most forums that it's the best gun for a medic class.

I do miss the run n gun of the assault class though.... I think I'll focus on those. I'd LOVE to play recon but that seems to be the hardest class because you have to position yourself so well and make your shots count, and I typically fire once at someone and then get sniped or blown apart myself.

The medic is really frustrating though. I've found that I can score a lot of points and do well even with a squad that isn't good, but if I'm with 3 idiots who don't know how to stay around their medic and run out into unexposed space, I just think, "Man, I should just go assault... I'd be able to help a lot more."

Still, I want a few more medic unlocks before I start toggling back and forth.

BC2 is a ridiculous amount of fun. I literally have almost nothing bad to say about the game, other than it's a SERIOUS power hog. What GPU do you have again, DR? I had to turn some of the shinies down on my 4870 because it was chugging. But even "just" running on high, it remains one of the most incredibly immersive games I've ever played. Hearing explosions to your right and left, seeing a tank drive past you without seeing you, bullets go whizzing by your head... it's insane to play with a good sound system. It sounds like I would imagine a real battle to be, although obviously a lot more fun and less hellish.

I've been getting a ton of bronze stars lately. My K : D is nowhere NEAR 1:1, but I'm learning a lot and I'm usually in the top 3 on my team no matter what the situation. And since I'm a medic, I would rather be healing/reviving teammates than worrying about my overall K : D.

DarkReign
07-12-2010, 05:06 PM
The medic is really frustrating though. I've found that I can score a lot of points and do well even with a squad that isn't good, but if I'm with 3 idiots who don't know how to stay around their medic and run out into unexposed space, I just think, "Man, I should just go assault... I'd be able to help a lot more."

My k/d ratio is actually best as a medic because of the guns. You'll get it, I know you will.

BC2 is a ridiculous amount of fun. I literally have almost nothing bad to say about the game, other than it's a SERIOUS power hog. What GPU do you have again, DR? I had to turn some of the shinies down on my 4870 because it was chugging. But even "just" running on high, it remains one of the most incredibly immersive games I've ever played. Hearing explosions to your right and left, seeing a tank drive past you without seeing you, bullets go whizzing by your head... it's insane to play with a good sound system. It sounds like I would imagine a real battle to be, although obviously a lot more fun and less hellish.

I have a liquid-cooled i7 quad core 3.2GHz with 12gb of RAM and four GeForce GTX 295s. In extended play, my backup fans kick on and it sounds like jet plane. After I quit the game, I actually have to wait about 5-10 minutes before I put the PC to sleep because it hasnt fully cooled.

Yeah, BC2 definitely puts my rig through a workout at full settings @ 1920 x 1200.

Cry Havoc
07-12-2010, 08:31 PM
My k/d ratio is actually best as a medic because of the guns. You'll get it, I know you will.

I have a liquid-cooled i7 quad core 3.2GHz with 12gb of RAM and four GeForce GTX 295s. In extended play, my backup fans kick on and it sounds like jet plane. After I quit the game, I actually have to wait about 5-10 minutes before I put the PC to sleep because it hasnt fully cooled.

Yeah, BC2 definitely puts my rig through a workout at full settings @ 1920 x 1200.

:spless: :worthy:

jman3000
07-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Assault: M16A4 + noob tube + 4x + Accuracy. Aim at their chest and pull the trigger twice. The recoil will score a head shot on the 3rd round of the burst and theyre down. Moving targets go down the same, you just gotta lead em.

Engineer: Avtomat + AT4 + 4x + magnum. Avtomat is the strongest smg in game and can destroy at close ranges. AT4 is strongest against tanks + choppers plus it's fun as hell guiding the rocket in for kills. A lot of smart chopper pilots are now using Vsmoke to pop flares on tracers, so the AT4 is the best way to take non noob pilots down.

Med: Type 88 + Med range + med power. This will almost guarantee that you lead in points.

Recon: Spas 12 + slugs + magnum + C4. Get up close and personal with your motion sensors and OSK peeps who are within about 20 meters. OSK most others who even have a tiny bit of health taken off.

duhoh
07-13-2010, 12:09 AM
for the lolz i put a RDS on a M95 and use it like a shotty. can't believe how many people get trolled when i play.

MannyIsGod
03-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Finally played this. Best shooter I've played on my PS3 to date. Great great great game.

Cry Havoc
03-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Dear god the M16A2 is amazing.

What are your guys' favorite medic loadouts? Also, what's the best sniper IYOs?

Vici
03-29-2011, 11:16 AM
I actually love the saiga as a medic. Obviously I'm useless long range but I can clear out a building like I'm f'ing Rambo.

Heath Ledger
03-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Darkreign, wtf kind of Nasa computer did you build. Jesus christ that seems like overkill.