PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Vikings

Lakers2009champs
02-20-2010, 11:36 PM
It's getting likely and likely. The people of Minny are telling the Owner that they are not paying for the new stadium. The team lease is up in after the 2010 season:king.

IronMexican
02-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Raiders or bust.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Beyond wishful thinking.

eyeh8u
02-21-2010, 12:35 AM
fuck the vikings, fuck this city, fuck having to see viragosa's face on nfl on fox, fuck paying taxes to get a stadium built when this fuck ass of a city is losing 1.5 million dollars a day, and lastly FUCK Eminent domain.

bresilhac
02-21-2010, 12:43 AM
It's getting likely and likely. The people of Minny are telling the Owner that they are not paying for the new stadium. The team lease is up in after the 2010 season:king.

Wishful thinking for sure.

IronMexican
02-21-2010, 12:45 AM
I don't think the city is dumb enough to let go of the Vikings. For being a small place, it's a pretty good sports town.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Where would they play? Not like LA has a nice stadium that they could move in to.

angrydude
02-21-2010, 01:02 AM
I don't think the city is dumb enough to let go of the Vikings. For being a small place, it's a pretty good sports town.

eh, despite liking sports, everybody in Minneapolis is pretty jaded about their local teams. They are used to being second place. When the Vikings move they'll probably win the super bowl.:rollin

jacobdrj
02-21-2010, 01:54 AM
fuck the vikings, fuck this city, fuck having to see viragosa's face on nfl on fox, fuck paying taxes to get a stadium built when this fuck ass of a city is losing 1.5 million dollars a day, and lastly FUCK Eminent domain.
Great post.

samikeyp
02-21-2010, 02:16 AM
Where would they play? Not like LA has a nice stadium that they could move in to.

http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

Buddy Holly
02-21-2010, 02:18 AM

Minneapolis/St. Paul isn't a small place. :lol

Buddy Holly
02-21-2010, 02:19 AM

That's as hypothetical as the team that's playing in it.

samikeyp
02-21-2010, 02:21 AM

True but it doesn't mean it won't happen. Although I see the Jags moving there before the Vikings.

Spurfan
02-21-2010, 01:28 PM

lol nsync

Buddy Holly
02-21-2010, 01:32 PM
lol nsync

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x66/BLASTERsk8/anims/golfclap1.gif

PublicOption
02-21-2010, 01:45 PM
how LA get the vikings and we'll take Jacksonville.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-21-2010, 02:53 PM

lol nice web site a stadium that is going to payed for by whom? Built in 2020?

IronMexican
02-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Frpm what I know, something has already passed for it to be built in Industry.

Buddy Holly
02-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Frpm what I know, something has already passed for it to be built in Industry.

But it's not even going to break ground until a team is secured.

LakerHater
02-21-2010, 10:58 PM
how LA get the vikings and we'll take Jacksonville.
Man, I remember that expansion year! It was between San Antonio & Jacksonville, the sweet irony!!

symple19
02-22-2010, 12:20 PM
No fucking way they let the Vikings leave.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-22-2010, 12:24 PM
No fucking way they let the Vikings leave.

Yeah, just like they wouldn't let the North Stars leave. Or the Lakers.

Minnesotans only give a shit about HS/College hockey and the Twins.

gaKNOW!blee
02-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Just keep the Bills in Buffalo!!!

and get rid of the uniforms!

fyatuk
02-22-2010, 01:38 PM
lol nice web site a stadium that is going to payed for by whom? Built in 2020?

Obviously you haven't been keeping up with that. Ed Roski wants to build that completely with private funds, and is basically just waiting for an NFL team to agree (and get a portion paid for by the NFL basically) to get started. They pushed the environmental studies through on fasttrack and everything, but the environmental review needs to be approved by City of Industry.

fyatuk
02-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Man, I remember that expansion year! It was between San Antonio & Jacksonville, the sweet irony!!

No it wasn't. The announced contenders were Jacksonville, Charlotte, Baltimore, Charlotte, St. Louis, Honolulu, and San Antonio. SA and Honolulu were eliminated immediately, Charlotte was awarded, and then Jacksonville was eliminated.

Then the Browns agreed to move to Baltimore, and the Rams to St. Louis, and the league begged Jacksonville to resubmit their bid.

SA was not in competition with Jacksonville (SA was a throw away entrant basically). The NFL viewed Jacksonville as a better market, but they never thought it was a particularly good one.

At that point, SA's economy was too heavily based on tourism, and Jacksonville was seen to be more stable, and bother were showing similar growth rates. It was almost immediately after that when SA started diversifying the economy and going after industrial and technical companies.

People in San Antonio like to forget that we were eliminated right after it was announced we were in the running.

Buddy Holly
02-22-2010, 03:00 PM
No it wasn't. The announced contenders were Jacksonville, Charlotte, Baltimore, Charlotte, St. Louis, Honolulu, and San Antonio. SA and Honolulu were eliminated immediately, Charlotte was awarded, and then Jacksonville was eliminated.

Then the Browns agreed to move to Baltimore, and the Rams to St. Louis, and the league begged Jacksonville to resubmit their bid.

SA was not in competition with Jacksonville (SA was a throw away entrant basically). The NFL viewed Jacksonville as a better market, but they never thought it was a particularly good one.

At that point, SA's economy was too heavily based on tourism, and Jacksonville was seen to be more stable, and bother were showing similar growth rates. It was almost immediately after that when SA started diversifying the economy and going after industrial and technical companies.

People in San Antonio like to forget that we were eliminated right after it was announced we were in the running.

I was too young to remember but it would seem Tagliuboooooo had a problem with SA from the get go. Old man probably still thinks SA is like it was in the early 90's. Thankfully he no longer is the commish.

fyatuk
02-22-2010, 03:11 PM
I was too young to remember but it would seem Tagliuboooooo had a problem with SA from the get go. Old man probably still thinks SA is like it was in the early 90's. Thankfully he no longer is the commish.

Yeah, Tags obviously had something against SA. I was glad when he retired.

symple19
02-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Yeah, just like they wouldn't let the North Stars leave. Or the Lakers.

Minnesotans only give a shit about HS/College hockey and the Twins.

Good points

I'll admit I don't know the local climate. Maybe it's just that I can't imagine those guys in purple playing anywhere else.

The Gemini Method
02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
In all sincerity...

I would rather L.A. worry about saving itself than to set design on luring an NFL franchise. There is too much going on in the life of those who live out here that it isn't necessary to have a luxury come in and take up more resources and more funds that the local governments do not have. Alas, I don't make the ultimate decision, but I would rather the focus from the likes of the Mayor and other City/County officials to be solely on creating solutions to the problems we face. When they at least have the policies to help resolve said issues, then perhaps it will be a more appropriate time to woo an NFL team.

fyatuk
02-23-2010, 12:06 AM
In all sincerity...

I would rather L.A. worry about saving itself than to set design on luring an NFL franchise. There is too much going on in the life of those who live out here that it isn't necessary to have a luxury come in and take up more resources and more funds that the local governments do not have. Alas, I don't make the ultimate decision, but I would rather the focus from the likes of the Mayor and other City/County officials to be solely on creating solutions to the problems we face. When they at least have the policies to help resolve said issues, then perhaps it will be a more appropriate time to woo an NFL team.

That's sort of the point of Roski's attempt. Other than permits, etc, it has nothing to do with the government. He's not looking for public funding or input, he's just looking for permission.

bresilhac
02-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Here is a very informative piece on how it will be exceedingly difficult for Los Angeles to secure an NFL team anytime soon. IMO many of these factors could be preventing San Antonio from getting a franchise soon as well.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-la25-2010feb25,0,5229988.story

LOL texans
02-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Minny would be stupid if they let the Vikings move, to LA, or anywhere.

exstatic
03-07-2010, 07:13 PM

Talk about wrong choices....

J'ville has been failing for years. They've had huge chunks of the upstairs tarped off and excluded from seating capacity for at LEAST 5 seasons to try to get the local telecast on. Even that didn't work this year.