PDA

View Full Version : Potential players that could be added from waivers

ace3g
02-21-2010, 12:23 AM
by the March 1 deadline:

list your options if a certain player becomes available through waivers and could be added by the March 1 deadline and could be useful in the playoffs:

I know it is a long shot but Nocioni isn't playing at all tonight, and hasn't for much of the season, if he were dropped by the Kings I would seriously go after him if I were the Spurs, they need a lot of help at the SG/SF help

of course another true PF/C would help as well.

trying to find a site that lists what players are on waivers right now

eyeh8u
02-21-2010, 12:25 AM
wait for bosh next season

DesignatedT
02-21-2010, 12:26 AM
drew gooden

DPG21920
02-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Spurs should just go Eagles style and hold open tryouts. Then they can make a movie about it and help offset the cost of the luxury tax.

ace3g
02-21-2010, 12:34 AM
yeah I'm starting to like the idea of Drew Gooden if he was waived. He wouldn't be coming into the team with an ongoing groin injury, he will know the system a little bit better and the Spurs would have another big man to add to their rotation: Timmy, Gooden, Blair, Dice, Bonner.

with 4 legit bigmen the Spurs could always have 2 on the court at the same time, and keep Pop away from small ball

Blackjack
02-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Drew Gooden's expected to be kept and, like being gay, there's nothing wrong with that.;)

DMX7
02-21-2010, 12:38 AM
Spurs should just go Eagles style and hold open tryouts. Then they can make a movie about it and help offset the cost of the luxury tax.

That movie won't have a happy ending...unless of course Coach Pop gets ahold of Tiger's cell phone.

HarlemHeat37
They should add these guys named Hairston and Mahinmi..they could play right away, they aren't too far..

ace3g
I guess we can forget the Gooden idea

There had been some speculation that Gooden would seek a buyout after being sent from Dallas to Washington to Los Angeles in the last few days. Apparently, Gooden didn't want to play in Washington, but L.A. is okay.

from yahoo sports news/notes section in Gooden's player profile

DPG21920
02-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Honestly, I see where this is going. But I agree w/ Harlem that Malik and Ian need the PT over some guy they could bring in that has no future.

ElNono
02-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Can we waive Finley and resign him?

ace3g
02-21-2010, 12:49 AM
I definitely want Hairston and Mahinmi to get a lot of playing time the rest of the season, but I don't see that happening, but maybe the Spurs will find a player they like off waivers.

I also like the idea Etan Thomas

DesignatedT
02-21-2010, 12:50 AM
ugh. i just want tony to get healthy. dude looks nothing like last year... i think its pretty obvious without him playing at a superstar level we dont have much of a chance for anything.

TD 21
02-21-2010, 01:06 AM
Cook was waived today. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spurs sign him in the off season, either in addition to re-signing Bonner, or, more likely, as a cheaper alternative. It's clear the Spurs want to cut costs, yet they'll probably want to re-sign Ginobili, sign Splitter and presumably they'll add a 1st round pick to their roster as well. On top of this, they need to add depth at point guard, as well as another shooter and another defender on the wings.

What this means is that paying Bonner somewhere in the neighborhood of $3 million per season for multiple seasons is unlikely, particularly when the team figures to have four big men ahead of him next season. Enter Cook, who's a fifth big anyway and known as a stretch four. He's not quite the shooter Bonner is, but at a fraction of the cost (probably the veteran's minimum) he could fill a spot. He'd be a typical Spurs big: under 6-10, un-athletic and one dimensional.

Another low cost addition that I wouldn't be surprised to see is Almond. He's big, strong, young, can shoot/score and best of all, he's cheap. I'd be more in favor of signing him than Cook. I see Almond as a Finley replacement and figure he and Hairston could compete for the last wing spot in the rotation.

SCdac
02-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Marcus Williams? ... I don't even know what he's up to nowadays, but he looked like a decent third string PG/SG.

exstatic
02-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Why do you people think they're going to sign ANYONE? If they wanted to pay a 14th salary, they wouldn't have dumped Theo.

Think. Use your brains.

Spursfan 87
02-21-2010, 02:03 AM
why do you people think they're going to sign anyone? If they wanted to pay a 14th salary, they wouldn't have dumped theo.

Think. Use your brains.

+1

Ice009
02-21-2010, 02:32 AM
Well if Nocioni was bought out I would love to have him on the Spurs. At least he would be way better than Bonner as a small ball forward.

ace3g
02-21-2010, 02:55 AM
Josh Boone , someone that can rebound and block shots

jjktkk
02-21-2010, 03:59 AM
They should add these guys named Hairston and Mahinmi..they could play right away, they aren't too far..

I would definitely give Hairston a serious look. Mahimni, still not impressed, just spot him minutes whenever.

quentin_compson
02-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Well if Nocioni was bought out I would love to have him on the Spurs. At least he would be way better than Bonner as a small ball forward.

I doubt this will happen, as they just requested waivers on Thomas: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64864/20100218/kings_request_waivers_on_thomas/

Thomas sucks, though. He is, however, undersized. So maybe Pop would like to play him. :lol

mountainballer
02-21-2010, 09:10 AM
I would be interested in another Thomas named Etan.
(I don't know much about his current health status though)
he should be one of the bought out players.
and Raja Bell of course.
(Bell wouldn't come to the Spurs IMO.)

yavozerb
02-21-2010, 09:49 AM

If they are wanting a higher draft pick then this plan A.

8FOR!3
02-21-2010, 09:53 AM
In NBA Live 10, Allan Houston is a free agent still, can we bring him in? :lol

wildbill2u
02-21-2010, 10:24 AM
by the March 1 deadline:

list your options if a certain player becomes available through waivers and could be added by the March 1 deadline and could be useful in the playoffs:

I know it is a long shot but Nocioni isn't playing at all tonight, and hasn't for much of the season, if he were dropped by the Kings I would seriously go after him if I were the Spurs, they need a lot of help at the SG/SF help

of course another true PF/C would help as well.

trying to find a site that lists what players are on waivers right now

Has it come to this? Someone is actually advocating that the Spurs sign some players that other teams decided couldn't play to their standard any longer. In other words, we'd take their trash?

AFBlue
02-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Spurs would have to pay lux tax on any new player brought in. Given that was the main reason for trading Ratliff, I don't think the Spurs will be interested in bringing in another player from this waiver wire.

carib
02-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Has it come to this? Someone is actually advocating that the Spurs sign some players that other teams decided couldn't play to their standard any longer. In other words, we'd take their trash?

I agree with you enough of this, if the front office decides not to do any thing and we are in in trying to take others trash.

carib
02-21-2010, 12:08 PM
lock all trade and transaction talk please

widowmaker
02-21-2010, 12:14 PM
No more bigs, they need to look for guys that can play the 3 spot and play some decent defence.

Mr Bones
02-21-2010, 12:35 PM
The Spurs just traded a 6'10" center with great shot-blocking instincts who played for the vet minimum.... for nothing in return, except saving some cash. And this is a team with poor interior defense and a lack of defensive length.... so I don't see them spending any more money from this point on.

widowmaker
02-21-2010, 12:55 PM
The Spurs just traded a 6'10" center with great shot-blocking instincts who played for the vet minimum.... for nothing in return, except saving some cash. And this is a team with poor interior defense and a lack of defensive length.... so I don't see them spending any more money from this point on.

No shit I didnt see it that way, your right lock this thread:td

exstatic
02-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Why do you people think they're going to sign ANYONE? If they wanted to pay a 14th salary, they wouldn't have dumped Theo.

Think. Use your brains.

Spurs would have to pay lux tax on any new player brought in. Given that was the main reason for trading Ratliff, I don't think the Spurs will be interested in bringing in another player from this waiver wire.