PDA

View Full Version : Are Pop and Finley having a spat?

Fabbs
02-21-2010, 12:49 AM
I'm concerned about Michael and Coach Pops relationship.
Finley has now been sat a Spurs career low mpg for the past 10 days.
Finley was brought over for his veteran championship experience with Dallas and his rose-petal toughness at the SF and PF spots. He can't very well be leading us to another championship if Pop is going to sit him.

How do you think Michael feels about their relationship?
How do you think Pop feels about their relationship?

Could some relationship experts in their type relationship please weigh in?

loveforthegame
02-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Pops found a new love in Keith Bogans to the delight of many here.

Finley is clearly not as expressive as our beloved Roger Mason Jr. is so we have no idea how Finley is handling the current situation.

timtonymanu
02-21-2010, 01:16 AM

this.

Expect many years of hating Bogans but much worse than Finley because at least Finley brought something to the Spurs. Keith Bogans seems like he'll be useless PERIOD.

poop
02-21-2010, 01:20 AM
fin became jealous when he saw that pop had begun favoring bonner, so he spoke up, a huge fight ensued, and pop began giving fin the silent treatment.

duhoh
02-21-2010, 01:31 AM
fin became jealous when he saw that pop had begun favoring bonner, so he spoke up, a huge fight ensued, and pop began giving fin the silent treatment.

if only :lol

:corn:

Fabbs
02-21-2010, 01:42 AM
Or is Pop just too into new Dick?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JAtlQGqPg_M/SkN7qp-RRVI/AAAAAAAABQQ/M1TFYyw0bws/s400/richard_jefferson.jpg

Manu_Ginobili
02-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Finley was brought over for his veteran championship experience with Dallas and his rose-petal toughness at the SF and PF spots. He can't very well be leading us to another championship if Pop is going to sit him.

Finley is FINISHED! Why even bringing him up? He is USED UP, PERIOD, NOT even worth to discuss!!!

Fabbs
02-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Finley is FINISHED! Why even bringing him up? He is USED UP, PERIOD, NOT even worth to discuss!!!
Yet still gobbling up a roster spot and getting 54 minutes to 4 for Ian M. in the last two weeks.

Finley no minutes again today. What is the spat?

objective
02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
When God closes a Finley, he opens a Bogans

Em-City
02-22-2010, 10:22 PM
:lol @ OP

Finley is clearly not as expressive as our beloved Roger Mason Jr. is so we have no idea how Finley is handling the current situation.

:lol @ this too...

:rolleyes @ those not finding the humor

ffadicted
02-22-2010, 10:57 PM
With the addition of Keith Bogans and the rise of George Hill, Michael Finley is just too tall to be in the rotation

Allanon
02-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Nothing personal. There are only 48 minutes available at Center, Finley's the odd man out.

Warlord23
02-23-2010, 12:11 PM
It's come to the point where I'd rather see Finley get swingman minutes than wasting them on Bogans.

loveforthegame
02-23-2010, 12:34 PM
It's come to the point where I'd rather see Finley get swingman minutes than wasting them on Bogans.

Or wasting them on Mason too. For someone who bitched about playing time he sure hasn't done anything with them.

Fabbs
02-23-2010, 12:37 PM
So then Poop now will respond by benching Finley for the 1st time in 4 years. :lol

(Not that i agree with you that Mrs Pop should get more time. BTW, could Fin be considering a divorce from Pop?)

LOL@MavsFan
02-23-2010, 01:29 PM

The Marriage Ref premieres soon...maybe we can get them on there. What do you guys think?

LOL@MavsFan
02-23-2010, 01:30 PM

I'd rather see Hairston...we already know what Finley can't do. What's the worse that could happen? They lose another game.

Obstructed_View
02-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Pop found him a new man, one who's shorter, plays worse defense and rarely makes a basket. Those things enable him to overlook the fact that Bogans is not old and broken down yet.

Josepatches_
02-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Our losses aren't Finley's fault.That's the truth.

Fabbs
02-24-2010, 11:06 PM
What a glorious return for Pop-n-Fin vs Okl City.
0-5 shooting 0-4 treys, 1 rebound in 21 minutes of his usual crappy defense at the SF position in smallballs.

Oh that was delicious.

HarlemHeat37
02-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Absolutely horrible..he was just so bad, yet he kept coming back in the game..

DesignatedT
02-24-2010, 11:21 PM
fin knows the offense and played decent defense tonight. his rust should be no surprise. he knows the system and almost always makes the right pass.... i am not for finley getting a bunch of minutes (if any at all) but id rather have him out there than mason... i cringe watching mason attempt to do anything out there other than launching 3s. i say once tony comes back 100 percent. they both get 0 minutes

HarlemHeat37
02-24-2010, 11:28 PM
How did he play decent defense tonight?..he was late on every one of his rotations except for one..

Even when he rotates properly, he can't contest a shot..

ElNono
02-24-2010, 11:31 PM
I concur he was terrible and basically robbing RMJ minutes.
But looks like the love is back! And since we won I'm already bracing for more!

DesignatedT
02-25-2010, 12:15 AM
finley is a better rotation player for us than mason is... he just is... id rather both of them not play but im fine with finley getting masons minutes right now. mason hasnt showed anything as of late and blame it on "not consistent playing time" or whatever you want.. thats just how its going to be, so if he cant handle playing spot minutes then play finley. not to mention mason is THE worst defender on the spurs roster... but he can hit that three ball right...

ElNono
02-25-2010, 12:22 AM
finley is a better rotation player for us than mason is... he just is... id rather both of them not play but im fine with finley getting masons minutes right now. mason hasnt showed anything as of late and blame it on "not consistent playing time" or whatever you want.. thats just how its going to be, so if he cant handle playing spot minutes then play finley. not to mention mason is THE worst defender on the spurs roster... but he can hit that three ball right...

I'm sorry, but Mason walked in and hit a three. In nights where he can't make a shot, I don't have a problem with Fin taking his minutes. But on a night where Fin couldn't hit the side of a barn, then you gotta play the hottest hand.
To be honest, IMO, they're both equally bad defensively, even more so against an athletic team like OKC

Obstructed_View
02-25-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm sorry, but Mason walked in and hit a three. In nights where he can't make a shot, I don't have a problem with Fin taking his minutes. But on a night where Fin couldn't hit the side of a barn, then you gotta play the hottest hand.
To be honest, IMO, they're both equally bad defensively, even more so against an athletic team like OKC

I just don't understand how people continue to make any kind of case that Bogans is better than Mason, let alone Finley's better than Mason.

DesignatedT
02-25-2010, 12:27 AM
i didnt mind bogans play tonight. im saying that finley is a better rotation player here thats all.. he knows where to go with the ball, knows the system better and is a smarter basketball player overall IMO. im not saying he can beat mason 1 on 1? but mason has been horrible. and ill take finleys defense over masons.. plus finley is better on the glass and brings some more size.

ElNono
02-25-2010, 12:29 AM
I just don't understand how people continue to make any kind of case that Bogans is better than Mason, let alone Finley's better than Mason.

Don't get me wrong. What we're really picking here is stinker 1 vs stinker 2. They just can get hot sometimes, and we really need contributions from anybody outside of Tim and Manu.

lennyalderette
02-25-2010, 12:37 AM
last time i checked finley missed all of his shots, and on top of that plays defense like my grandpa does, im not saying bogans is great at all. i was one of the few who thought bogans was going to make a difference clearly i was wrong, but at least bogan tries and i mean tries to defend, finley is so done its not even funny. pop must still miss finleys soft old dinasour hands because regardless of going 000% he still had his enebriated trust in finley.. thats love folks talk about head over sneakers ...bahahahaaa that was pretty lame i know

southerndownfan
02-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Fin did alot for the team the last couple of years but it is clear now that his career is at a end. I see him retiring after the season.

J_Paco
02-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Fin did alot for the team the last couple of years but it is clear now that his career is at a end. I see him retiring after the season.

God, I really hope that's the case. Otherwise this team is doomed to see another season of Finley's 38-year-old lifeless corpse robbing minutes from a player with actual upside and potential.

Libri
02-25-2010, 03:25 AM
No spat tonight. The last time Finley had 20 or more minutes in a game was November 29. Tonight, it looked like Pop was trying to force the rust off Finley. If that's the case, Pop, to the chagrin of many, will give Finley more playing time in the next few games.

galvatron3000
02-25-2010, 07:40 AM
"Finley was brought over for his veteran championship experience with Dallas..."

How do you say Dallas and Championship in the same sentence pre-2010 Finals? This is NOT why Finley was brought over, they might as well had tried to get Sean Elliott to come out of retirement if they wanted veteran Championship experience, that would be far more accurate.

greyforest
02-25-2010, 07:45 AM
don't worry guys everything is back to normal

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/934/finley.gif

TJastal
02-25-2010, 08:41 AM
With Finley getting 20+ minutes a game the spurs' chances of making the playoffs just dropped another 50%

iminol
02-25-2010, 09:18 AM
The worse thin is he was missing his favourite open looks.

waly.mg
02-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Fire Finley and take Bruce Bowen Back

Obstructed_View
02-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Don't get me wrong. What we're really picking here is stinker 1 vs stinker 2. They just can get hot sometimes, and we really need contributions from anybody outside of Tim and Manu.

We know what Mason can do when his game is on, and he therefore has far more upside than either of the other two choices. He's playing poorly and is putting up Bogans type numbers. That should tell anyone who should be getting the lion's share of minutes among those three.

LOL@MavsFan
02-25-2010, 12:28 PM
"Finley was brought over for his veteran championship experience with Dallas..."

How do you say Dallas and Championship in the same sentence pre-2010 Finals? This is NOT why Finley was brought over, they might as well had tried to get Sean Elliott to come out of retirement if they wanted veteran Championship experience, that would be far more accurate.

HAHA...they wont make it that far. Too many important players that are chokers on that team.:lmao

LOL@MavsFan
02-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Why does Brickley ever play at all? He should plant his keester right next to Blowgans and never see the floor.

Xevious
02-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Anybody wondering why Finley got minutes, I'll tell you why...

Watch RJ's post-game interview. RJ and Pop had a conversation apparently. Pop told him that he was going to try to keep RJ at the three where he's most comfortable. That leaves a big hole at PF. Who else but an ice-cold Finley could fill that spot? Certainly not one of our bigs.

doobs
02-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Hairston needs to be taking minutes from Finley and Bogans. I much prefer RJ-Hairston at SF.

PF/C should be handled by some combination of Duncan-McDyess-Blair-Bonner, of course. Maybe some Mahinmi.

It's not rocket science.

DaBears
02-25-2010, 03:14 PM
For some of you Spurs fans whom have been living under a rock, let me be the first to tell you all, a little secert that a birdie told me......

Fin dog is out at end of year and is retiring......almost positive about that... POP is just giving minutes to him as a far well.... thats all Pop is just showing the guy some love.... Since its curtain time for the young buck...

Obstructed_View
02-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Yeah that makes sense. What's it matter if the team wins or loses?

admiralsnackbar
02-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Yeah that makes sense. What's it matter if the team wins or loses?

A spot in the lottery? :lol

Obstructed_View
02-26-2010, 09:42 PM
A spot in the lottery? :lol

Seems like a better option at this point.

admiralsnackbar
02-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Seems like a better option at this point.

I tend to agree.

TJastal
02-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Hairston should have been a solid rotational player by now, instead we have the mediocre Bogans and over the hill Finley still getting minutes.

Obstructed_View
02-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Hairston should have been a solid rotational player by now, instead we have the mediocre Bogans and over the hill Finley still getting minutes.

Can't risk games giving minutes to Hairston. Much safer starting Finley when he's played one game since December and was the worst player on a team with Keith Bogans on it during said game.