PDA

View Full Version : Game Three Thoughts.

SpursFanDan
05-01-2005, 12:27 AM
Lets see.. Duncan had an off night... Big shot Rob, hooked us up. and GINOBILI was huge!... nice win...

please share your thoughts

Walton Buys Off Me
05-01-2005, 12:29 AM
Ginobili carried us to victory and Robert Horry hit two massive shots- end of story.

Duncan and Parker should be ashamed of their performances.

ducks
05-01-2005, 12:31 AM
tp outplayed his counter part miller

ALVAREZ6
05-01-2005, 12:32 AM
OK, I think you guys have to admit that Manu was the reason we won tonight. He scored more points in the 1st half than the starters, and he was 1 point shy of scoring as much as the starters total in the whole game.

Horry played great in the last few minutes, which helped to gain some confidence, and we couldn't have done it without him.

Duncan we just missing some of the easiest shots...

Players of the Game: Manu and Horry

Bitch ass vaginas of the game: Melo and Kenyon

myhc
05-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Ugly ugly road win but you take em any way you can. Tony was his usual inconsisten self. Tim had a horrible game although he did the job on the boards. Manu was his usual amazing self, I love that guy. And BIG SHOT BOB showed again why he's a cold hearted assassin in the playoffs. His legacy was sealed long before tonight anyways but it just continues to grow and grow.

Let's take the Thuggets on Monday and escape Denver leading 3-1.

Oh and Melo is a punk ass bitch who I hope never wins a championship ever.

2centsworth
only thought i have is manu is the freakin man, and it's time to get laid!

IX_Equilibrium
Denver definately showed their lack of character.

fuckheads

Uncle Donnie
05-01-2005, 12:34 AM

Uh...no he didn't actually. I don't like to bash Parker but he played like ass this game. At least Miller didn't go off on him again.

ducks
05-01-2005, 12:34 AM
manu was the reason spurs won
rasho also played big
NAZR SUCKED

ladiesman
05-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Beno owned the lil'guy....

ALVAREZ6
Oh yeah, I forgot, I must edit my bitch ass players of the game

Greg Buckner also belongs in there with melo and k-fart

ducks
tp plays better with duncan in there
it threw his game completly off
manu's mind set was to play with out duncan
tp's was not
still no excuse he should have played better

danyel
05-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Manu 32 pts, starters 33 pts

TwoHandJam
05-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Manu was fucking HUGE. Again. He and Horry dragged the rest of the team kicking and screaming to a victory.

Honorable mention to Rasho and Beno.

Tim, Tony and Nazr stunk up the joint pretty badly and Barry was virtually invisible.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-01-2005, 12:37 AM
WHAT??? HOW DID YOU COME TO THAT CONCLUSION!!!? I'm sorry, I love TP to death but today was just horrible. I mean, 10 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists (POINT GUARD!?) and on top of that 4 turnovers. Miller had 12 points 6 rebounds 7 assists and 4 steals plus 4 turnovers. I saw the game and there is no way TP outplayed Miller.

warri0r
guess you could throw in bowen too, flying kick and all..i bet he was going for the ball :lol

RobinsontoDuncan
My thoughts are Malik Rose would have given us a blow out victory, he know hot to go strait up after he catches the ball

GoSpurs21
Ginobili carried us to victory and Robert Horry hit two massive shots- end of story.

Duncan and Parker should be ashamed of their performances.for once I totally agree with WBOM

Hopefully Duncan and Parker play better next game

My thoughts are Malik Rose would have given us a blow out victory, he know hot to go strait up after he catches the ballDumbest post ever....this poster has no idea of playoff basketball (especially Spurs) knowledge whatso ever.

Spurminator
05-01-2005, 12:38 AM
Defense won.

SpursFanDan
manu was the reason spurs won
rasho also played big
NAZR SUCKED

are you kidding me.. he was big for us on the offensive rebound side.

myhc
I forgot, BIG UPS to Rasho for his D and rebounding. Glad to have you back Rasho! :fro

Spurminator
My thoughts are Malik Rose would have given us a blow out victory, he know hot to go strait up after he catches the ball

You're joking, right?

stéphane
05-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Honnestly an ugly game...but a win on the road...
Manu was the ray of light... again
Refs sucked as usual.
TD disapointed me, couldn't believe what i saw.
TP was good on defense, crap on offense.
Big Shot Rob was there when we needed him.
Rasho > Nazr :p

Dre_7
05-01-2005, 12:40 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

But Nazr was big in the first two games. Cant believe people are still upset about the trade (which we obviously got the better end of).

bigbendbruisebrother
05-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Denver did exactly what they said they'd do, and they still couldn't shut down the lanes or stop our three point shots. Live by the laker v spurs 04 playoff re-run, die by the...

Ding. Honey, I think the nuggets are done. Shall I stick a fork in them to check?

E20
05-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Ducks is on crack thinking that Tony outplayed Miller after all he did say Bitch**>>>Lebron

**Carmelo

IX_Equilibrium
05-01-2005, 12:43 AM
Dumbest post ever....this poster has no idea of playoff basketball (especially Spurs) knowledge whatso ever.

:lol

red kryptonite
05-01-2005, 12:53 AM
The rims looked tight or rubbery or different somehow. Not the normal nba rim rolls.

Nazr brings the ball down below his head and he gets stripped almost everytime, he needs to keep the ball up high. He also unnecessarily pump fakes a lot of times and misses easy opportunities because he is afraid of getting blocked.

Carmelo Anthony is good at getting blocked and getting the put back.

Rasho played some nice basketball.

I never figured out why Earl Boykins was complaining after he clearly fouled Rasho.

Tim Duncan should be very ashamed of his performance. He almost cost the Spurs the game. He was very indecisive and towards the end he was hiding from the shot. I thought Bill Land was trying to cover for him by saying it was such a big shot, but it was really just an open one he made. The Nuggets were right for game 3 at least. Kenyon Martin shut him down without even that much help. I really thought Tim was going to have a big game, but he was embarrassing.

I was mad because Kens 5 (I probably should have watched on ESPN but i don't like the fancy camera angles or unfamiliar announcers) missed at least 2 key plays including Robert Horry's steal because the cameras were focused elsewhere or they were showing a replay. Also, I didn't even know Carmelo got ejected until I watched the highlights from Espn.

Tony Parker had a disgusting game. He needs to step back and watch himself closely because he was making very stupid plays. The worst one was when he gave the ball too early to Tim on the fast break and Tim got a charging foul.

Duncan's third foul was legit, he's just not used to getting called for it. He naturally puts his hands on the opposing player's hip when he's trying for a rebound and holds them off/pushes them subtely to get the rebound.

Andre Miller needs to cut his hair, he looks like he has mange.

Manu looks like he deserved a max contract. The Spurs get blown out without him.

Robert Horry was lethal. He was awesome. Nothing else.

Rasho played decent.

I would have liked to have seen Devin make an appearance.

That's all I can remember for now.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-01-2005, 12:56 AM
Sadly, Tony didn't exactly have a career night, but he managed to keep a lid on Miller which is all they really needed him to do tonight. Manu was looking like a supastah when the game was on the line. What I really liked to seen was that from top to bottom just about every Spur stepped up for a key possession or two when they needed to slow down Denver's momentum. Rasho, Bruce (who shut down Camilla Anthony like always), Beno, and even Tim for the god awful night he had all hit some clutch shots. Great D, out-physicalized the Nugs on their own floor, and showed why the experts are saying it's the Spurs year again.

stéphane
05-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Tony was crap on offense...
Lots of mistakes, bad decisions, bad shot selection...
Wake up Tony. The kid can play way better

IceColdBrewski
05-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Duncan actually looked good before being saddled with foul trouble early on. I've seen it happen to him too many times.

As far as Parker, that's 3 games now and he has sucked ass in 2 of them. Some of those shots weren't even close. I can only hope that Beno turns into the kind of PG we can count on in the playoffs.

baseline bum
05-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Give Manu the ball and get the fuck out of the way!

HB22inSA
05-01-2005, 01:14 AM
Spurs are .500 at home in the playoffs.

1.000 on the road.

ambchang
05-01-2005, 01:18 AM
I am surprised no one mentioned Bowen yet. His defense on Carmelo was huge, and I have no doubt that the flagrant Carmelo had on Ginobili was at least partially due to his frustrations.
BTW, Martin was a hilarious clown, dirty player, but it worked on Duncan.
One thing I noticed about Duncan is how hesitant he is on shooting, and how far out he catches the ball. Usually, when he faces the basket from 17 and has an open look, he shoots, but not in Game 1 and 3, he just jab steps, ball fakes, ball fakes, post up his man, back it up, takes way too long with the ball and shoots when the defense comes in to him. Just catch and shoot big guy.
And I know I am going to get flamed on this. I actually respect the Nuggets as a team after today's game. They came out hot, then cooled down, trailed by 9 at the half, but they didn't give up, kept chipping at the lead, and even after big shot Rob made those two 3-pters, which would be basically daggers in a young team's heart, they still continue to battle back.
The hack on Ginobili was uncalled for (Carmelo's shove, and Martin's elbow to the ribs) though.

texbound
05-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Great win!!! I wouldn't have it any other way. The Spurs won with 2 of their 3 main guys playing poorly. That's fantastic. This should give Duncan and Parker that extra something in game 4 to carry the Spurs to victory. That's what a team needs in the playoffs to carry them to the title. Tonight was Manu's and Robert's night. Game 4 should be Duncan and Parker. Game five could be Bowen and Barry, etc, etc, etc. Every night someone different will step up. That's how you win playoff basketball.

vincerodriguez23
05-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Great win!!! I wouldn't have it any other way. The Spurs won with 2 of their 3 main guys playing poorly. That's fantastic. This should give Duncan and Parker that extra something in game 4 to carry the Spurs to victory. That's what a team needs in the playoffs to carry them to the title. Tonight was Manu's and Robert's night. Game 4 should be Duncan and Parker. Game five could be Bowen and Barry, etc, etc, etc. Every night someone different will step up. That's how you win playoff basketball.

yeah, great win indeed. duncan sucked in the second half, but ginobili was the x-factor and horry hit some clutch 3's. the denver crowd was loud all night and im glad the spurs played through it. hopefully they'll have the same intensity come game 4 and shut down the nuggets and their crowd...and hopefully the series.

Pandaemonaeon
05-01-2005, 01:35 AM
I thought the "bullshit" chants was funny.

beirmeistr
05-01-2005, 02:16 AM
I am ecstatic that Spurs won this game, which was ugly at times. My man Ginobili delivered as usual but TP sucked. No excuses---he is too inconsistent to be reliable. I will be glad when Beno gets more experience. Duncan appeared to be thrown out of his game by all the early fouls. I know that Duncan will come back strong for game 4. Big Shot Rob was magnificent in crunch time. Rasho was quiet but dependable. A big win for our Spurs!

mattyc
05-01-2005, 08:51 AM
The game was on in Oz today.

As soon as TD got a few fouls, I kept saying "Manu's going to have to score 30+, Manu's going to have to score 30+". And he stood up. Sign of a star.

Robeeeeeeeeeert Hoooooooooooorry. You don't need to remind him it's playoff time.

Melo is a punk.

boutons
05-01-2005, 09:09 AM
yes, not much in the press about the Spurs defense, there were often 2 or 3 Spurs around a Nugget, suffocating. Rebounding was excellent, Manu 1 RB shy of double-double. He needs to get off his ass! ")

Rasho was very active, outrebounded Nazr in fewer minutes, playing great help defense, and chasing down rebounds. I think he'd like to have his starting job back. :)

How ugly was it?
Spurs get only 28 vs 38 points in the paint,
shoot 38%, worse than the Nuggets,
64% FTs (missing 10 in a lows-scoring game),
but win anyway.

Nuggets held under 80 pts, avg 82 pts for 3 games, after averaging well over 100 PPG under Karl, esp @DEN. Spurs defense has been very tough.

red kryptonite
05-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Is it Big Shot Rob or Big Shot Bob?

I know Bill Land likes Bob and the cover article on the Spurs says Bob, but I think it's Rob.

Kobe is the one that started it and I know he said Rob. Plus, Bob just sounds stupid.

diego
05-01-2005, 11:08 AM
am i the only one who noticed manu covered miller most of the game?

tony covered boykins a lot and didnt do a very good job of it

and pop has to realize when ANY of the big three guys (duncan, manu, parker) are having an off game, he can and should go to his bench. I felt much better winding the game down with udrih and horry than parker and duncan who were visibly out of it