PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Cavaliers is the reason why Lebron > Kobe

D2Procon
02-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Lets put aside all the rings bullshit. We all know Lebron would have had just as much rings as Kobe if he was surrounded by the talent Kobe has or had.

But lets take a look at 2007 Cavaliers starting lineup that went to the NBA finals.

Larry Hughes (Bench player for the Knicks)
Drew Gooden (Bench for the Mavericks)
Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Bench for the Cavs)
Donyell Marshall (spent last year with the 76ers as a third string player, only played about 10 min per game.)

I don't think there is any player in the NBA right now that can lead such a shitty team into the finals....

j.dizzle
02-21-2010, 01:40 PM
LOL cool story bro.

TheMACHINE
02-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Lets put aside all the rings bullshit. We all know Lebron would have had just as much rings as Kobe if he was surrounded by the talent Kobe has or had.

But lets take a look at 2007 Cavaliers starting lineup that went to the NBA finals.

Donyell Marshall (spent last year with the 76ers as a third string player, only played about 10 min per game.)

I don't think there is any player in the NBA right now that can lead such a shitty team into the finals....

he had a better squad in 2008 and 2009 and didnt make it to the Finals...so doesnt that contradict your whole arguement?

/end thread

Darrin
02-21-2010, 01:47 PM

Don't pluck this thread. I could do this with the 2004 Pistons and make Chauncey Billups look like a God. Is Allen Iverson better than Kobe Bryant?

XFactor
02-21-2010, 01:48 PM
he had a better squad in 2008 and 2009 and didnt make it to the Finals...so doesnt that contradict your whole arguement?

/end thread

D2Procon
02-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Don't pluck this thread. I could do this with the 2004 Pistons and make Chauncey Billups look like a God. Is Allen Iverson better than Kobe Bryant?

um no?

The 04 pistons was much better than the 07 Cavs you cant even compare those 2. You had bench players on that 04 piston team who are starters right now.....

JamStone
02-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Larry Hughes had become an all star caliber player in Washington. Then all of a suddenllaying with LeBron, he started to suck more than he ever had. What happened to LeBron makes his teammates better?

TheMACHINE
02-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Larry Hughes had become an all star caliber player in Washington. Then all of a suddenllaying with LeBron, he started to suck more than he ever had. What happened to LeBron makes his teammates better?

I dunno...let's ask Antawn Jamison. Cant wait to hear how Antawn Jamison was a scrub when they picked him up from the Wizards. Just like Shaq will be a scrub even though he was selected all star mvp the prior year.

Killakobe81
02-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Let's not go with revisonist history ...Lebron is about the backtoback MVP ...
As many here have mocked nash for not winning it all as the supposed best player in the game Lebron is not immune either. So far he has more in common with Nash than with kobe ...great regular season insane numbers 0 rings ...

Lebron is the best all-around player in the game BUT he still needs a ring to put himself in the convo of the the undisputed best it's for "validation"

I think Lebron's sights are higher to be the best there ever was ...but for me to make that arguments he NEEDS Rings ...I think he can be better than Jordan ...

BUT he needs two titles to even broach that subject ...

The kobe argument is dead and buried once Lebron rings twice ...

Darrin
02-21-2010, 02:47 PM
um no?

Allen Iverson's numbers: 31.1 ppg, 4.6 apg, 3.8 rpg, and 2.5 spg in 71 games.

The Sixers were not swept and went up against a Los Angeles Lakers team that was 11-0 entering the NBA Finals, 15-1--the best record all-time.

Starting Lineup:
PG: Allen Iverson (knee and ankle injuries)
SG: Aaron McKie
SF: Jumaine Jones (supplanted the injured George Lynch)
PF: Tyrone Hill
C: Dikembe Mutombo

Bench:
Eric Snow (with a twice-broken foot)
Raja Bell
Matt Geiger
Todd MacCullough
Kevin Ollie

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2010, 04:17 PM

Rings aside ok no problem....but don't forget he carried that team to the finals playing in a fucking JV league...when he finally made it to play a regular NBA team from the West...his ass got Swept..so no save your bullshit argument. :hat

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Let's not go with revisonist history ...Lebron is about the backtoback MVP ...
As many here have mocked nash for not winning it all as the supposed best player in the game Lebron is not immune either. So far he has more in common with Nash than with kobe ...great regular season insane numbers 0 rings ...

Lebron is the best all-around player in the game BUT he still needs a ring to put himself in the convo of the the undisputed best it's for "validation"

I think Lebron's sights are higher to be the best there ever was ...but for me to make that arguments he NEEDS Rings ...I think he can be better than Jordan ...

BUT he needs two titles to even broach that subject ...

The kobe argument is dead and buried once Lebron rings twice ...

Bullshit...the league is getting more watered down than ever...Now if Lebron beats Kobe head to head you can bring a chip to the table...

Quit Hatin'
02-21-2010, 04:22 PM
smush parker(not in the league)
Kwame Brown(bench for pistons)
Odom(bench for the lakers)
Walton(rarely plays, but when he does turnover waiting to happen)
Brian Cook(????)

Gouken
02-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Such flawed analysis.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-21-2010, 04:24 PM
So what if LeBron is the greatest player in the NBA or ever? Someone has to be.
LeBron, Kobe, Tim, Dirk, Shaq, etc. all do what they do and all are all time greats.

What do I know about rings? Nothing. What do I know about greatness? It's everywhere, this is the NBA. We (The USA) invented the fucking game for crying out loud. Magic, Larry, Wilt, Bill, Kareem, MJ, Sir Charles, Hakeem, Moses, Julius, Oscar, Jerry, Willis, Dominque, George, David, Clyde, Elgin, Karl, John, Isaiah,...etc. etc... Some of the best ever are now mentioned in this post and not one played for my team.

Quit Hatin'
02-21-2010, 04:41 PM
^ Kevin Garnett one of the most complete players in his prime. he go big and dunk it in your face or he could use his range and shoot it right in your grill. off the dribble, in the post, set shooter you name it. Defensive minded and physical. hall of fame no doubt and probably in the top 50 all time.