PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter is an abject failure

DazedAndConfused
02-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Why Orlando ever thought this selfish player would fit in with their team basketball concept is beyond me. I knew once the trade was made they would regret it. VC is a me-first player and that's all he will ever be. He may go for 40 every now and then, but on most nights he will do nothing to help your team win games because he is selfish.

They made a huge mistake letting Hedo go. He was the real PG of their team and it's clear as day that they miss his playmaking right now.

dirk4mvp
02-21-2010, 02:48 PM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

mavs>spurs2
02-21-2010, 02:48 PM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Darrin
02-21-2010, 02:49 PM

It's me in 17 years.

mavs>spurs2
02-21-2010, 02:50 PM
It's me in 17 years.

cool story bro. would you like some glue, sons?

dirk4mvp
02-21-2010, 02:51 PM
It's me in 17 years.

In that sad state of emotional distress you will be in, you still won't be in as sad a state as Dazed and Confused has subjected himself to IMHO.

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Vince Carter career Assist average = 4.2
Kobe Bryant career Assist average = 4.6

It's too bad Vince was drafted by Toronto and actually played there, instead of being drafted by Charlotte and refusing to play for them until they trade you to the Lakers.

Vince would have benefited as the #2 guy and won 3 rings with some dude named Shaq on his team and coached by Phil Jackson.

Then, with the fame and clout he gets from his 3 rings and playing for the Lakers, he could demand trades in hopes of geting a stacked team so he could be on a winning team again.

Oh well.

DazedAndConfused
02-21-2010, 03:00 PM
In that sad state of emotional distress you will be in, you still won't be in as sad a state as Dazed and Confused has subjected himself to IMHO.

It could be worse. I could be a Mavericks fan.

LOL 2006 Finals loss despite being up 2-0
LOL 2007 1st round loss to 8th seed GSW

Darrin
02-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Vince Carter career Assist average = 4.2
Kobe Bryant career Assist average = 4.6

Irrelevant. He had a lot of injury problems, and he hasn't been coached by the best coach in NBA history. He doesn't see the floor as well as Kobe can now. He doesn't know when, in the flow of the game, to pass or to shoot or where to attack.

It's too bad Vince was drafted by Toronto and actually played there, instead of being drafted by Charlotte and refusing to play for them until they trade you to the Lakers.

Where the hell did you hear he demanded a trade?!?

Vince would have benefited as the #2 guy and won 3 rings with some dude named Shaq on his team and coached by Phil Jackson.

True, but that doesn't guarantee that he'd be a better player than Kobe Bryant right now if they switched positions.

dirk4mvp
02-21-2010, 03:03 PM
It could be worse.

No, it couldn't be.

DazedAndConfused
02-21-2010, 03:06 PM
No, it couldn't be.

one man's opinion.

Muser
02-21-2010, 03:06 PM
It could be worse. I could be a Mavericks fan.

LOL 2006 Finals loss despite being up 2-0
LOL 2007 1st round loss to 8th seed GSW

BenJarvus is that you?

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Irrelevant. He had a lot of injury problems, and he hasn't been coached by the best coach in NBA history. He doesn't see the floor as well as Kobe can now. He doesn't know when, in the flow of the game, to pass or to shoot or where to attack.

Phil Jackson hated Bryant as a player, so much, that he demanded the Lakers front office to trade him for several seasons.

Phil is on VIDEO saying he had to constantly question Kobe, asking him if he can SEE his teammates who are open, because he wasn't passing the ball correctly and had no idea how to distribute efficiently.

Where the hell did you hear he demanded a trade?!?

Go read up on your history. Kobe refused to play for the team that drafted him because he wanted to be traded to the Lakers. He bitched and left Charlotte no choice but to get something for him. A fucking pussy from Day One.

True, but that doesn't guarantee that he'd be a better player than Kobe Bryant right now if they switched positions.

Carter can do anything Bryant can, and he is or was more athletic than Bryant was/is. However, Carter wasn't coached by Phil Jackson and played for the Raptors instead of the Lakers.

Steve_Nash
02-21-2010, 03:22 PM

Muser
02-21-2010, 03:27 PM
LOL at this thread. VC good in the clutch for Orlando.

SpursRulez4eVeR
02-21-2010, 03:28 PM
nice thread

Imposter
02-21-2010, 03:29 PM
RoFl, geez, that Carter guy sure is stinking it up in there right now. :lmao

Double-Up
02-21-2010, 03:31 PM
MiamiHeat is right, at the time Bryant's agent Arn Tellem said it was "impossible" for him to play in Charlotte so I don't see what the fuck you're trying to argue.

DazedAndConfused
02-21-2010, 03:35 PM
The Magic won tonight, but that hasn't stopped Van Gundy nor Mark Jackson from ripping into VC for his pussy play.

TJastal
02-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Laker fans calling out Vince Carter for selfish play is quite hilarious.

dirk4mvp
02-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Op is a dipshit of the highest order. Makes a thread criticizing the Nuggets right as Carmelo hits a game winner and now makes a thread only to watch VC take over the game :rollin

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-21-2010, 03:43 PM
He also plagiarized Tacker style in a thread he made a day ago.

DazedAndConfused
02-21-2010, 03:51 PM
If Hedo were on the Magic in place of VC they would be a better team.

Just because they won today doesn't mean VC hasn't been an abject failure for the Magic. They lack the cohesiveness and team play that enabled them to decisively beat the Cavs last season.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-21-2010, 03:52 PM

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Go read up on your history. Kobe refused to play for the team that drafted him because he wanted to be traded to the Lakers. He bitched and left Charlotte no choice but to get something for him. A fucking pussy from Day One.

Dude, you need to learn your history. Your eagerness to attack Kobe in your jealousy and envy of him has left your lack of basketball knowledge exposed.

Here's what history says. Check it out.

1) Kobe made himself available for the NBA draft out of high school in 1996.
2) He worked out for the Lakers. Jerry West was sold on him.
3) West then made a deal with Charlotte. If Kobe was available when the Hornets turn to pick came and they chose him, the Lakers would trade Vlade Divac for his rights.
4) If anyone picked Kobe ahead of the Hornets, deal was off.
5) Charlotte asked Kobe to work out, he refused, he wanted to play in LA. Chances are Charlotte would not have drafted him unless they were willing to trade him to the Lakers for Divac. Hornets just wanted to see what the Lakers saw in him is all.
6) Charlotte knew the Lakers were making a play to get Shaq. By making the deal the Lakers sought, they felt their chances in the east would improve with ONeal gone from their conference.
7) So, Charlotte picked Kobe figuring getting Divac was better than any other draft pick available, and they needed a big man.

I am no fan of Kobe, but if you slip up again, I will expose you anew. Got that?

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Dude, you need to learn your history. Your eagerness to attack Kobe in your jealousy and envy of him has left your lack of basketball knowledge exposed.

Couldn’t Bryant be a Hornet? Could he grow to love Southern sweet tea?

“That is an impossibility,” Bryant’s agent, Arn Tellem, said at the time. “There are no ifs. It would not happen. He is going to be a Laker, and that’s the only team he’s playing for.”

Bryant got what he wanted. Always has in Los Angeles. Now the address has lost its luster with losing. He wants out of the place he once demanded for his arrival.

http://select.nytimes.com/2007/06/29/sports/29roberts.html?_r=1

Sit the fuck down, laker puke

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-21-2010, 07:33 PM
I don't really agree. Hedo sucks as well.

At his best Carter is much better than Hedo. Carter can still drop 45 on you, which is rare, but just as common as Hedo shooting 1-11 and playing zero D.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-21-2010, 07:46 PM

“That is an impossibility,” Bryant’s agent, Arn Tellem, said at the time. “There are no ifs. It would not happen. He is going to be a Laker, and that’s the only team he’s playing for.”

Bryant got what he wanted. Always has in Los Angeles. Now the address has lost its luster with losing. He wants out of the place he once demanded for his arrival.

I ain't no Laker puke. You know nothing. Let me push you down to knees so you can lick my shoes. You're not even fighting, you are just laying over and taking it in the arse.

Let's see, what's wrong with your post. Let's just call it selective arguing. First off, you totally ignore every bit of evidence I posted that said otherwise to your incorrect statement I initially refuted. In fact, your own link backs me up, but you ignore this as well...

Let's expose it:

With the 13th selection, with a deal to trade Bryant to Los Angeles in pocket, Charlotte chose him.

The rest of your link is a reporter's opinion. I could write an opinion too, and idiots like you will quote it as fact.

Why doesn't the reporter address the fact that Charlotte drafted him without working him out because they intended to trade him? Hornets wanted Divac. Again, they needed a big to compete and knew Shaq was going west. Divac > Any other draft pick big man.

Look here, it backs me up: http://sportsbybrooks.com/former-hornets-gm-still-defending-bryant-trade-23078

Here's a link where Kobe says he would have played for the Hornets. He would have played college at Duke and liked the area. The rest also backs me up, Hornets would do better by Divac than what the draft could yield: http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/jun/18/lakers-trade-for-bryant-has-been-misconstrued/

Yeah, and Divac retired right away, lol. Seems he was a stud with the Kings for a few years. Money will keep players playing who get butt hurt by being traded.

Also, the trade only took a few days, from Draft day June 26, 1996 to July 1, 1996. Hardly any time for a controversy to develop about an unproven 17 year old player. Retrospective analysis rarely focuses on the truth. It relies on selective reasoning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_NBA_Draft
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-18444246.html

You think you have Kobe's playing career exposed? I have you exposed as a worthless no-nothing numbskull 10 times as much as you even think you have Kobe's number.

You are a troll, and I am your daddy. I'm not proud of that, your mom should have swallowed.

I don't give a shit about Kobe. Owning trolls is what I do. I'll ask again biyotch, want more?

milkshakeballa
02-21-2010, 08:12 PM

At the intersection of Hollywood and the Lakers, crazy, glitzy deals go down. One of the craziest went down in 1996, and it impacts the NBA to this day.

Jerry West was the Lakers' general manager. One day he got a phone call from an acquaintance, sports superagent Arn Tellum.

"I've got this kid Kobe Bryant in town," Tellum said. "Want to have a look at him?"

West knew of the 17-year-old Philly high school phenom, but hadn't given Bryant much thought. The Lakers weren't likely to gamble a first- or second-round draft pick on a high school kid, especially not a guard. The majority of NBA teams, including the Warriors, wanted no part of any kiddie lottery. No guard had ever been drafted into the NBA straight out of high school.

Still, West didn't get his rep for genius-level shrewdness by following the crowd. He agreed to watch Kobe do a solo workout.

"I went to the Inglewood YMCA," West says, "and here's this bright-eyed, cheerful, bubbly, exuberant young man, ready to show us his wares. I had seen high school film of him, but you can't tell how competitive a player is on film. I watched him and I thought, 'Oh, my gosh, this guy's not too bad for a young guy.'

"It was obvious he had very, very unique talent, something I hadn't seen in a person of that age. And he didn't want to stop (working out). He wanted to keep going and going and going. It was really eye-popping to watch."

The Lakers' center was Vlade Divac. He was a fan favorite, but he had limitations and was getting older. Shaquille O'Neal was coming onto the free-agent market and the Lakers planned to take a hard run at Shaq, and if they got him, trade Divac.

After watching Bryant cavort at the Y, though, West started dreaming bigger, dreaming Hollywood-sized dreams. But did he trust his eyes? He wanted another look at Bryant.

This time West went to the Y with a posse, including former Laker Michael Cooper, who was retired but still in great shape. Larry Bird called the 6-foot-7 Cooper the best defensive player he ever played against.

Cooper, possessor of immense pride and every trick in the book, went one-on-one with Bryant, who demolished Cooper.

"Oh, my gosh," West recalls thinking, "This kid's got to be the best player in the draft. How can we get this guy?"

After watching Bryant and Cooper go at it for about 10 minutes West stood up, nodded at two team public relations men he'd brought along, and snapped, "That's it, let's get out of here, I've seen enough. He's better than anyone on our team."

West, on his way out the door, said to Cooper, "I thought you were supposed to guard him."

Now West's cerebral wheels spun until they smoked. The Lakers had the No. 24 pick in the draft and West was desperate to trade up, as high as he could go. There was no way to tell who else might have caught a whiff of this kid's lightning.

West tried to trade up for Denver's No. 10 pick, made a sweet offer. No dice. He tried two other teams. Nope. Then he tried Charlotte, which had the No. 13 pick. Charlotte needed a center and West offered Divac, even though the Lakers had no one to replace him, yet. Deal! Charlotte would draft Kobe if he was still available, and trade him to the Lakers for Divac.

West sweated buckets. Drafting 11th, the Warriors took Todd Fuller. When Cleveland selected Vitaly Potapenko, West literally put champagne on ice.

I LOVE SHITTING ON TROLLS LOL.....FUCK FACE GO FUCK YOUR SELF.

You are EXACTLY like KBP piece of shit...making up fucking lies fucking punk

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 08:12 PM
The rest of your link is a reporter's opinion. I could write an opinion too, and idiots like you will quote it as fact.

milkshakeballa
02-21-2010, 08:13 PM
I ain't no Laker puke. You know nothing. Let me push you down to knees so you can lick my shoes. You're not even fighting, you are just laying over and taking it in the arse.

Let's see, what's wrong with your post. Let's just call it selective arguing. First off, you totally ignore every bit of evidence I posted that said otherwise to your incorrect statement I initially refuted. In fact, your own link backs me up, but you ignore this as well...

Let's expose it:

Why doesn't the reporter address the fact that Charlotte drafted him without working him out because they intended to trade him? Hornets wanted Divac. Again, they needed a big to compete and knew Shaq was going west. Divac > Any other draft pick big man.

Look here, it backs me up: http://sportsbybrooks.com/former-hornets-gm-still-defending-bryant-trade-23078

Here's a link where Kobe says he would have played for the Hornets. He would have played college at Duke and liked the area. The rest also backs me up, Hornets would do better by Divac than what the draft could yield: http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/jun/18/lakers-trade-for-bryant-has-been-misconstrued/

Yeah, and Divac retired right away, lol. Seems he was a stud with the Kings for a few years. Money will keep players playing who get butt hurt by being traded.

Also, the trade only took a few days, from Draft day June 26, 1996 to July 1, 1996. Hardly any time for a controversy to develop about an unproven 17 year old player. Retrospective analysis rarely focuses on the truth. It relies on selective reasoning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_NBA_Draft
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-18444246.html

You think you have Kobe's playing career exposed? I have you exposed as a worthless no-nothing numbskull 10 times as much as you even think you have Kobe's number.

You are a troll, and I am your daddy. I'm not proud of that, your mom should have swallowed.

I don't give a shit about Kobe. Owning trolls is what I do. I'll ask again biyotch, want more?

FUCK...your post was arousing....

:toast:toast:toast

Much respect Daddy!

icem
02-21-2010, 08:16 PM
VC has been playing well lately... the problem is jameer nelson is SG in a PG body.

the make-up of the team calls for a a pure PG to reach full potential. its why orlando was better last year with skip, and played much worse once jameer returned for the finals... though SVG should have known better and not played him at all.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-21-2010, 08:23 PM

Yeah, but is it true or fabricated? Even if he did say it, he said it because the Lakers and Hornets had a deal to trade which was quickly facilitated. Charlotte had no need for Kobe and didn't want him either. Also, it's his agent saying it, and not Kobe.

You miss the point I made about how time changes the relevancy of situations. Kobe was an unproven 17 year old who rode the bench for two years. No one would care what Kobe's agent said at the time.

You lose. Go talk about Kobe jacking up too many shots. You have an argument there. But you lose this one, shithead. you pressed your luck and got owned.

milkshakeballa
02-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Daddy of all trolls > MiamiHeat aka ChrisRichards fagget

Good shit Daddy.

MamiHeat just gotted FACEFUCKED in this thread....

Reminds me of when KBP used to get fucked in the ass

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-21-2010, 08:26 PM
FUCK...your post was arousing....

:toast:toast:toast

Much respect Daddy!

Thanks. I just dislike liars and love to expose them. It's too easy when you know the facts.

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah, but is it true or fabricated?

"....and that’s the only team he’s playing for.” - Bryant's Agent

Kobe = the drama pussy from day 1.

Refusing to play for anyone but the Lakers. Refused to even work out for the Hornets

milkshakeballa
02-21-2010, 08:45 PM

Refusing to play for anyone but the Lakers. Refused to even work out for the Hornets

LOL....the Hornets were NOT going to draft Kobe. They had ZERO interest in a high school guard coming out as NO teams did. West saw Kobe workout...told him not to work out with any other teams and he is going to draft him.

West offered NUMEROUS teams in the lottery Divac package for their pick but they all declined.....EXCEPT Charlotte.

They agreed if Kobe is available they will select Kobe...FOR THE LAKERS..and the Lakers will trade them Divac.

If your letting your bias get in the way of facts and history...then your a fucking idiot.

But your not...your just trollin...

And you just got shitted on son

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-21-2010, 08:47 PM

LOL, you keep shitting your own pants. You once again use selective arguing an ignore everything that exposes your failed argument. You still haven't proved Kobe's agent even said it, let alone why it's relevant about an unproven 17 year old kid.

There was a draft deal in place. Kobe was in California. Why would he fly all the way back to workout for a team that had a deal to trade him?

You're the pussy here. I used to pick on sissies when I was a bully. They didn't fight they just screamed and cried. Some of them I swore liked getting picked on, getting taunted was the only attention they could get. How does it feel to be proven to be a sissy starving for attention?

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-21-2010, 08:51 PM
LOL....the Hornets were NOT going to draft Kobe. They had ZERO interest in a high school guard coming out as NO teams did. West saw Kobe workout...told him not to work out with any other teams and he is going to draft him.

West offered NUMEROUS teams in the lottery Divac package for their pick but they all declined.....EXCEPT Charlotte.

They agreed if Kobe is available they will select Kobe...FOR THE LAKERS..and the Lakers will trade them Divac.

If your letting your bias get in the way of facts and history...then your a fucking idiot.

But your not...your just trollin...

And you just got shitted on son
Dude, thanks again. I know MiamiHeat pisses off Lakers fans, but I have no clue what the Kobe haters think of him, and don't care. However, his self-destruction in here has got to be entertaining to everyone, whether they hate the Lakers or love them!

MiamiHeat
02-21-2010, 08:52 PM
You still haven't proved Kobe's agent even said it,

http://koti.mbnet.fi/tibe9mm/Troll_fail.jpg

milkshakeballa
02-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Dude, thanks again. I know MiamiHeat pisses off Lakers fans, but I have no clue what the Kobe haters think of him, and don't care. However, his self-destruction in here has got to be entertaining to everyone, whether they hate the Lakers or love them!

Ye man...I even recognize that some of the things he says about Kobe are somewhat reasonable.

Some of it. Most of it is hatish rubbish.

But has ZERO knowledge of how Kobe was drafted and saying he REFUSED to play for Charlotte and forced a trade to LA is so far from the truth lol.